United Airlines

United Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very busy environment but a rewarding job when helping passengers
Airline Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: cheaper flights available to employees
Cons: shift work and high stress environment
The job depends a lot on the weather conditions locally and on route to destinations. Sometimes work hours can be extended due to operational needs.
MY TIME AT UNITED
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), PEARSON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTApril 2, 2015
I absolutely loved this job!!!! Unfortunetly, all of Canada got outsourced.
I wore many hats at United.
I was a customer service director, counter agent, gate agent, OPS, station trainer, fuel trainer, ground security coordinator and part of the emergency response team.
So depending on the day, my duties varied.
Normally I would be the customer service director. I would plan the manpower for the entire operation and make sure everything goes smoothly. As well as deal with customer complaints when a supervisor was needed.
We had a great team in Toronto.
I enjoyed every second of it!
nice staff room
Customer Service Specialisits/ Complaints (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
oppose to the laid off rqatw of my empolyees
i really enjoyed the time i was at UA
Excellent Benefits but no Job Security due to Outsourcing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lester B. Pearson International AirportSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Everyday is a challenge, dealing with different people and situations everyday.
Efficiency, Speed
Electronic Ticket Agent - Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury, NSJune 12, 2014
Was a great training experience, very knowledgeable staff
fun, busy and very regarding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, sometimes without a break
Busy since the moment you step in, challenging whenever there is any type of irregular operations; but fun to do and great feeling of satisfaction whenever you turn unhappy into happy customers; it is fun to work with my colleagues; but for the last year management has become the worst part. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the interaction with employees from other companies and the fact that everyday is a totally different experience.
A day with limited staff
Customer Service Director (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at United starts off with various sick calls and oversold flights. I know the strengths of my colleagues, and therefore, I knew where to place each of them for their duties for the day. When flights are oversold, I was able to remove eleven passengers with their checked baggage at the gate. I also placed them in another aircraft, getting the flight out on time. Because of my time management and multitasking skills, I was still able to make it an enjoyable day at the end.
Fast passed enviromemt serving customers and addressing their concerns.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2014
An early start addressing concerns and ticketing issues, rebooking flight arrangements, boarding passengers onto aircraft and being a part of an amazing team of people. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is assisting the customer and making their visit to the airport a relaxing and stress free experience.
Each day is different and there are never any two days which are the same. This daily change has given me a broader understanding and patience for the needs of people under stress. Which a visit to the airport can be.

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos

United Airlines 747SP turning over SFO, circa 1992...