United Airlines

United Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun everyday, Exciting atmosphere, meeting new pople all the time
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2016
It was my favorite job. Always different everyday, always on the go which I love, meeting new people everyday. All my co-workers were awseome people.The only thing that was wrong was management was not the best, also the pay was not good, and the hours where all over the place. This job you habe to be a fast working person be able to multi task, alway being on time. The mhardest part of this job was learning the computer system. This was a greta job I loved boarding the aircrafts doing the annoncements and always putting the customer first thats the main priority.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
long hours, not good pay
enjoyable workplace teamwork
Passenger Ticketing Agent (Current Employee) –  yeg17 September 2015
Great work experience. Everyday was different and action packed .
Dealt with many different situations . Great staff always willing to work. hardest part were cancelled flights. After all the kayos everyone was went back to their routine.
Pros
everyone pulled together
Cons
cancelled flights
love it
passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
I love my job and the people I work with and the great places it to work and the crew are great and the amazing thing and encourage anyone who starting in the airline to chose the airline
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Director/Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2015
A rewarding job that allowed me to excel at my personal strengths of customer service, interaction and problem solving. The job entailed much devotion and dedication on my part however I was rewarded with good benefits, and most importantly with the satisfaction that a job was well done.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Very early start hours
MY TIME AT UNITED
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  PEARSON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT2 April 2015
I absolutely loved this job!!!! Unfortunetly, all of Canada got outsourced.
I wore many hats at United.
I was a customer service director, counter agent, gate agent, OPS, station trainer, fuel trainer, ground security coordinator and part of the emergency response team.
So depending on the day, my duties varied.
Normally I would be the customer service director. I would plan the manpower for the entire operation and make sure everything goes smoothly. As well as deal with customer complaints when a supervisor was needed.
We had a great team in Toronto.
I enjoyed every second of it!
wonderful airport job
Passenger Service Agent/ Gate agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2015
counter agent as well as gate agent, boarding people, dealing with re booking, amazing team to work with, hours were long but worth it
Very warm, welcoming atmosphere.
Baggage Handler/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2015
A good place to work if you enjoy working outside. VERY welcoming long-term staff. Good morale. Travel benefits.Varied job duties.
Pros
Very cheap air travel
Cons
Odd hours of work, for example 3:30 to 7:30 AM sometimes
fun, busy and very regarding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2014
Busy since the moment you step in, challenging whenever there is any type of irregular operations; but fun to do and great feeling of satisfaction whenever you turn unhappy into happy customers; it is fun to work with my colleagues; but for the last year management has become the worst part. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the interaction with employees from other companies and the fact that everyday is a totally different experience.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours, sometimes without a break
Fast passed enviromemt serving customers and addressing their concerns.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2014
An early start addressing concerns and ticketing issues, rebooking flight arrangements, boarding passengers onto aircraft and being a part of an amazing team of people. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is assisting the customer and making their visit to the airport a relaxing and stress free experience.
Each day is different and there are never any two days which are the same. This daily change has given me a broader understanding and patience for the needs of people under stress. Which a visit to the airport can be.
A day with limited staff
Customer Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2014
A typical day at United starts off with various sick calls and oversold flights. I know the strengths of my colleagues, and therefore, I knew where to place each of them for their duties for the day. When flights are oversold, I was able to remove eleven passengers with their checked baggage at the gate. I also placed them in another aircraft, getting the flight out on time. Because of my time management and multitasking skills, I was still able to make it an enjoyable day at the end.
very busy environment but a rewarding job when helping passengers
Airline Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
The job depends a lot on the weather conditions locally and on route to destinations. Sometimes work hours can be extended due to operational needs.
Pros
cheaper flights available to employees
Cons
shift work and high stress environment
Excellent Benefits but no Job Security due to Outsourcing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lester B. Pearson International Airport10 September 2014
Everyday is a challenge, dealing with different people and situations everyday.
Pros
Flight Benefits
need a lot patience and communication skill with customers, it is not a fun job, time managment and face pace working enviorment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson Airport21 August 2015
Working with United Airlines now is merging with Continental Airlines is completely different then before. Now the company is going bigger and more new policy needed to be follow.
If you are working at the airport you have to be fast pace, time managing and fast thinking. You never know what will happen to you round the corner; for example you think all passengers on board the plane and you think flight will leave on time. All the sudden before you close the door, the captain tell you flight cancel due to mechanical problem or weather issue etc. Sometimes you do not even have time to take your meal or to go washroom. You might think these only happen ones in a blue moon....no; it might happen every single day for a whole month especially during winter time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when passengers appreciated your help.
There are different area need to cover at the airport such as check in counter, ticketing desk, baggage desk, departure area, arrival hall, baggage claim, boarding gate, apron, expected running around the whole airport everyday.
Pros
most excited flying benefit and pretty uniforms
Cons
some shifft start at 330am and some off at 3am
Living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Sta
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  PK23 May 2014
UA is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.Global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines.

An attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available too.

A day start stands and walks up to a total of 8 hours per day on a tile or concrete surface while completing job duties.
I have learned to listen to needs and advice of managers, co-workers and customers and to listen to the environment to be aware of surroundings.
Excellent co-worker environment with respect each other and to be a true professional.
Pros
creative thinking and consider all input
Cons
Constantly uses fingers in order to cashier, stock, and clean
Fast paced environment
Ticket counter agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2014
Fast paced environment and very repetitive work. Hours can be all over the place usually overnights grave yard shifts
nice staff room
Customer Service Specialisits/ Complaints (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2014
oppose to the laid off rqatw of my empolyees
i really enjoyed the time i was at UA
productive and great co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney Nova - Scotia6 September 2012
Great company to work for. It also gave me more customer service experience.
Efficiency, Speed
Electronic Ticket Agent - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS12 June 2014
Was a great training experience, very knowledgeable staff
exellent
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  YUL MONTREAL22 March 2016
Ambitieuse, très active, ajouter le plus c`est toujours un objectif, parfaite communicatrice avec toute personne. Leadership efficace c`est un atout. Prendre les étapes de planification stratégique en business et marketing c`est primordial. La motivation c`est la clé du succès dans ma carrière.

Ambitious, active, add more is always a goal, perfect communicator with anyone. It is an effective leadership asset. Take steps to strategic business planning and marketing It`s paramount. Motivation It`s the key to success in my career.
Pros
positif attitude
Cons
want to be perfect 100%