United Airlines Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
love it
passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
I love my job and the people I work with and the great places it to work and the crew are great and the amazing thing and encourage anyone who starting in the airline to chose the airline
wonderful airport job
Passenger Service Agent/ Gate agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
counter agent as well as gate agent, boarding people, dealing with re booking, amazing team to work with, hours were long but worth it
enjoyable workplace teamwork
Passenger Ticketing Agent (Current Employee), yegSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: everyone pulled together
Cons: cancelled flights
Great work experience. Everyday was different and action packed .
Dealt with many different situations . Great staff always willing to work. hardest part were cancelled flights. After all the kayos everyone was went back to their routine.
need a lot patience and communication skill with customers, it is not a fun job, time managment and face pace working enviorment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto Pearson AirportAugust 21, 2015
Pros: most excited flying benefit and pretty uniforms
Cons: some shifft start at 330am and some off at 3am
Working with United Airlines now is merging with Continental Airlines is completely different then before. Now the company is going bigger and more new policy needed to be follow.
If you are working at the airport you have to be fast pace, time managing and fast thinking. You never know what will happen to you round the corner; for example you think all passengers on board the plane and you think flight will leave on time. All the sudden before you close the door, the captain tell you flight cancel due to mechanical problem or weather issue etc. Sometimes you do not even have time to take your meal or to go washroom. You might think these only happen ones in a blue moon....no; it might happen every single day for a whole month especially during winter time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when passengers appreciated your help.
There are different area need to cover at the airport such as check in counter, ticketing desk, baggage desk, departure area, arrival hall, baggage claim, boarding gate, apron, expected running around the whole airport everyday.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Director/Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Travel Benefits
Cons: Very early start hours
A rewarding job that allowed me to excel at my personal strengths of customer service, interaction and problem solving. The job entailed much devotion and dedication on my part however I was rewarded with good benefits, and most importantly with the satisfaction that a job was well done.
very busy environment but a rewarding job when helping passengers
Airline Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: cheaper flights available to employees
Cons: shift work and high stress environment
The job depends a lot on the weather conditions locally and on route to destinations. Sometimes work hours can be extended due to operational needs.
MY TIME AT UNITED
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), PEARSON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTApril 2, 2015
I absolutely loved this job!!!! Unfortunetly, all of Canada got outsourced.
I wore many hats at United.
I was a customer service director, counter agent, gate agent, OPS, station trainer, fuel trainer, ground security coordinator and part of the emergency response team.
So depending on the day, my duties varied.
Normally I would be the customer service director. I would plan the manpower for the entire operation and make sure everything goes smoothly. As well as deal with customer complaints when a supervisor was needed.
We had a great team in Toronto.
I enjoyed every second of it!
nice staff room
Customer Service Specialisits/ Complaints (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
oppose to the laid off rqatw of my empolyees
i really enjoyed the time i was at UA
Excellent Benefits but no Job Security due to Outsourcing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lester B. Pearson International AirportSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Everyday is a challenge, dealing with different people and situations everyday.
Efficiency, Speed
Electronic Ticket Agent - Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury, NSJune 12, 2014
Was a great training experience, very knowledgeable staff
Living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Sta
Team Leader (Former Employee), PKMay 23, 2014
Pros: creative thinking and consider all input
Cons: constantly uses fingers in order to cashier, stock, and clean
UA is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.Global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines.

An attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available too.

A day start stands and walks up to a total of 8 hours per day on a tile or concrete surface while completing job duties.
I have learned to listen to needs and advice of managers, co-workers and customers and to listen to the environment to be aware of surroundings.
Excellent co-worker environment with respect each other and to be a true professional.
fun, busy and very regarding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, sometimes without a break
Busy since the moment you step in, challenging whenever there is any type of irregular operations; but fun to do and great feeling of satisfaction whenever you turn unhappy into happy customers; it is fun to work with my colleagues; but for the last year management has become the worst part. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the interaction with employees from other companies and the fact that everyday is a totally different experience.
A day with limited staff
Customer Service Director (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at United starts off with various sick calls and oversold flights. I know the strengths of my colleagues, and therefore, I knew where to place each of them for their duties for the day. When flights are oversold, I was able to remove eleven passengers with their checked baggage at the gate. I also placed them in another aircraft, getting the flight out on time. Because of my time management and multitasking skills, I was still able to make it an enjoyable day at the end.
Fast passed enviromemt serving customers and addressing their concerns.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2014
An early start addressing concerns and ticketing issues, rebooking flight arrangements, boarding passengers onto aircraft and being a part of an amazing team of people. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is assisting the customer and making their visit to the airport a relaxing and stress free experience.
Each day is different and there are never any two days which are the same. This daily change has given me a broader understanding and patience for the needs of people under stress. Which a visit to the airport can be.
exellent
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), YUL MONTREALMarch 22, 2016
Pros: positif attitude
Cons: want to be perfect 100%
Ambitieuse, très active, ajouter le plus c`est toujours un objectif, parfaite communicatrice avec toute personne. Leadership efficace c`est un atout. Prendre les étapes de planification stratégique en business et marketing c`est primordial. La motivation c`est la clé du succès dans ma carrière.

Ambitious, active, add more is always a goal, perfect communicator with anyone. It is an effective leadership asset. Take steps to strategic business planning and marketing It`s paramount. Motivation It`s the key to success in my career.