ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - Garrison Green Seniors Community
The primary responsibility of Resident Services Coordinator at Garrison Green is to act as a central point for communication with residents, family members, staff and community at large. This position is responsible for ensuring a high quality first impression of our Senior’s Community. This includes answering telephone calls, directing visitor traffic, and acting as administrative support to site management.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
PAY: $16 to $18/hour depending on experience
ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS: Yes
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Reception Duties and Oversight
- Greets all visitors in a friendly and courteous manner. Acts as an ambassador of goodwill to all who enter. Ensures visitors and residents sign-in and out.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner. Directs calls and takes messages as required and appropriate.
- Takes appointment bookings for service providers operating through Garrison Green (massage, foot doctor, spa appointments, etc). Communicates the bookings to the appropriate service providers.
- Receives and processes all mail for the community as required. Accepts all outgoing mail for the residents. Sells stamps to residents as needed.
- Posts the next day’s menus and/or activities on communication boards; ensures the communication book is updated with current menu.
- Tracks when residents are out of the building for extended periods of time and communicates to appropriate departments. Is vigilant for abnormal resident behaviour and intervenes if necessary (i.e. wandering).
- Manages the Guest Suite check-in process, and ensures guests receive keys, overview of room and parking information upon check-in, and ensures housekeeping and food services are notified of guest’s needs.
- Maintains office equipment in good working order. Refills supplies from stock. Provides re-order list to Bookkeeper in a timely manner when supplies run low so that a minimum amount of supplies are on hand, and equipment can function without interruption.
- Maintains Bulletin Board to UAL standards.
- Updates the IGEACOM system daily.
- Keeps the front Reception area tidy. Ensures newspapers are available and tidy.
- Ensures walk-in visitors are parking underground or on the side streets, not in front of the building. Arranges for towing if there are cars parked out front or in resident stalls.
- Brings scheduling issues or staff performance issues to the attention of the Community Manager.
- Trains new Reception staff on front desk processes and procedures
- Maintains Daily Task and procedure lists for Receptionists to follow.
- Maintains Front Desk Communication Log Book to ensure transfer of current community information is happening every shift.
- Maintains system for maintenance requests (i.e. work orders)
- Typing correspondence, filing and taking meeting minutes as required.
- Maintains and updates lists and reports as required in support of operational processes and procedures, such as fire and evacuation lists, appointment bookings, etc.
- Assists with quality assurance as required.
- Lends clerical support in service projects or committees as required (including assembling marketing materials, assisting with special events, etc.)
- Maintains a centralized file system for file templates, operating documents (such as lists of services available and pricing), policies and procedures. Ensures documents are maintained and updated on a regular basis so that current information on services, pricing for those services, policies and procedures are available at any time.
- Handles petty cash and resident account information as determined by Business Office Administrator.
Environmental Health and Safety Support
- Directs Emergency Responders to Resident Suite or incident area through loading door.
- Reports location of alarm from fire panel to LPN during Fire Drills and actual alarms.
- Demonstrates safe practice for self, including back care (using proper lifting techniques) and wearing appropriate footwear (following the dress code policy as outlined in Employee Guidebook).
- Responds and acts appropriately in an emergency or disaster situation
- Communicates room service requirements to the kitchen.
- Works as a team member to maintain a pleasant, effective work environment.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 diploma
- 2 to 3 years Reception and/or Administrative Assistant experience required
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal relations skills and capability of relating to seniors, their families and a variety of personalities.
- Must have strong computer (word processing/excel/outlook) skills
- Must have effective time management skills in an environment of many interruptions.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be patient, tactful, courteous, and diplomatic while relating to residents, family and other staff members.
United Active Living will only contact those candidates who are selected for an interview. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
United Active Living Inc. (UAL) is an Alberta corporation formed in 1997. Our head office in Calgary is staffed by an experienced management...