Unisys

Unisys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not So Sure...
Tier I Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: clearance
Cons: not so good management, lacks togetherness
My manager was infamous for throwing people under the bus, her boss was nice and told me I really didn't fit in, BUT I had made a great friend out of the deal so I have no complaints. I didn't work for them long but I found myself supremely bored and wandered around the building a lot smh lol. My security admin was the BEST ever and that's about it. – more... I wouldn't work for them again or will I? – less
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, telecommuiting, pay
Cons: unstable work environment due to contracts ending
Working at Unisys was a great opportunity for me. A typical day was putting out fires and working on short deadlines which was challenging but always met in time. I worked as a Configuration Manager for a very short time, Project Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, etc.

I learned so much about the corporate world while working at Unisys. Great management – more... and great co-workers.

Unfortunately, I had to depart from Unisys due to the contract ending. – less
Easy work environment
Office of the General Counsel (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: location
No complaints on my part. Really liked working for the company. Its location in reston was perfect for my commute, lots of shops and restaurants nearby to visit for lunch.
Excellent company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Trenton, NJAugust 29, 2013
I enjoyed the call center atmosphere, providing excellent customer service to callers. The Management team was extremely supportive.
Average company to work for
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAAugust 28, 2013
Layoff's abounded (87-2006). Many folks lost good part of their pension (horrible stock $$)
Good company needing vision
Principle Cyber Security - US Government (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 27, 2013
The employees of Unisys were great people to work with. There appeared to be a lack of vision from the top that created uncertainty and doubt within the ranks.
Professional place and fun at times
Senior service representative (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
Very good day at work.

Learnt team management and team playing

Management overall good.

Co workers are bad at times but manageable as it happens everywhere.

Hardest part is lack of growth and less pay.

enjoyable part is when i have lot of work and i am busy.
Unisys Review
SAN/Backup Team Leader (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: good team members which yielded great results
Cons: upper management conflicts
Managed a split team of Backup, Windows, Linux and Solaris Administrators as well as performing SAN Engineering role. Was able to improve backup service level agreement which resulted in less cost paid out by Unisys to the customer. Recognized staff members and encouraged training to improve staff's skill set.
Senior RF/LMR Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 12, 2013
Very flexible work arrangements, decent benefits, and executive leadership that cares about the "little guy".
Productive workplace with lot of scope for growth
Business Excellence Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 12, 2013
Pros: learning and growth
Cons: salary
I have been with Unisys from 2006 March and have gained lot of knowledge and experience, Unisys provides good job security and helps its employees to grow within the organisation
A worlwide place to work
Project Consultant (Former Employee), BogotaJuly 29, 2013
Pros: access a lot of information about technology
Cons: sometimes estrict.
You have access to a virtual university totally free.
My co-workers are funny and very friendly
Its a global company, its very organized
Sometimes estrict.
I've learned how a big project works
Good place to work/ good learning opportunities in the technical field.
Field Hardware Server Support Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2013
Pros: good travel opportunities
Cons: a new employee has health cover from the fist day on the job
The greatest things working at Unisys, was meeting nice people all the time. Some have become good friends.
Productive and Good Work Place
Consultant (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 22, 2013
enjoyable part of life, Management is quite good, co-workers are always in team to make the project successful.
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst (Subject Matter Expert) (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 21, 2013
My key responsibilities in this organization is to provide technical support as well as solutions to Unisys employees and contractors without compromising on the customer service.. I have been working with Service Centre version 6 and Remedy 7.1, Quest diagnostics application..Have been assisting the analysts on floor with all the process and technical – more... related queries. Also training the new analysts as well. My job includes following up on the service desk reports with the clients and the agents as well ensuring the SLA is met within the team, report any changes in BMC Remedy tool and process. Worked in ITSM (Service support & Service delivery) environment. Adhering to ITIL rules, Updating the CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base) with the addition of new laptops, desktops, printers, servers, Persons, Organization etc, Giving Remote support through Net meeting, BOMGAR application, Following up of calls with the resolver teams and vendor and making & Sending Daily call report, Weekly report (Power Point: PPT), Monthly Report (Power Point: PPT) is a part of my profile. – less
A valuable opportunity to learn in a demanding service field.
Client Advocate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2013
This role allowed me to work with excellent people on very tough challenges. We were never comfortable... and therefore, always growing.
Very productive and a great place to work
Warehouse/Shipping Lead/Material Handler II (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: bbq's
Responsible for all physical and administrative tasks involved in receiving,warehouse,MRB, cycle counting, and kitting. Shipping product to manufacturing/offsite vendors. Training of team personnel on all aspects of the job duties and operating systems.
Learned how to manage work loads and personnel within the department.
Mangement was very supportive.
My – more... co-workers were always willing to learn and help get the job(s) completed in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new operating systems and working with personnel that took resposibility for their jobs. – less
Fun work place
Associate (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: quaterly medical alowance
Cons: month end need to work for 16 hours
the typical day is when i joined Unisys
v-lukup,e-mail writing,co-ordination
hardest part of job is month end pressure
every fridays of week
Great starter IT Job.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2013
I learned a lot about PC hardware particularly laptops. Management was nice because they didn't micromanage us at all. Field Techs work alone and the hardest part of the job was becoming lonely.
Hard working multi-tasker
Business Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 27, 2013
Pros: gadgets
On a daily basis I tackle a variety of communication, technology and change management requirements. I am a part of a team that not only gets to test new technology (software, devices, applications etc) but also provide feedback as well train/empower the greater population on these tools.

The hardest part of my job is educating users on products that – more... have known flaws but being able to convince them that there are still viable uses. However, I love technology and communication, thus its a challenge I enjoy. I find that given the number of options available to users, products do need to offer maximum capabilities but there is still so much growth in the technology industry to be had for future updates. – less
Very productive. Typed medicaid claims.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: n/a
Typed 13,000 keystrokes daily inputting medicaid claims. Worked alone but got along with everyone. hardest part of job was doing overtime on a Saturday at 3:00 in day the morning. the most enjoyable part was listening to music while typing.

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more