Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Review
Service support representative 1 (Former Employee), BangaloreJuly 19, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks pathetic shifts promotions blocked no future
useless workplace
Customer support
Incident Management
co-workers non cooperative useless
heavy call flow with no support from co-workers and managers
nothing enjoyable
I gave them my best 6 years of my professional life.
Customer Infrastructure Representative (Former Employee), Columbus OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: no office, got to work with lots of it pros in my area, seen every major data center in my area
Cons: crazy on call hours, lots of driving, miniscule pay increases, getting laid off
I worked for Unisys as a Customer Infrastructure representative. I started out repairing Dell laptops and desktops, then moving on to servers, and eventually EMC SAN/NAS storage systems. Near the end my on-call schedule had me clocking upwards of 75 hours per week. The in 2008 they saw the writing on the wall (albeit a bit late to prepare) and were – more... having money troubles. I was laid off in Feb 2009. I worked my butt off and sacrificed every time I was asked to, then when times were tough they kicked me to the curb. – less
This is not a great place to work
Employee (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: work from home opportunity
Cons: no work, life, balance and there is favoritism among certain staff/management
No work, life, balance and vacation or time off is frown upon under certain managers. Could use a bit of training in Anger Management.
review summary
Dell Field Technician (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 14, 2014
They're getting cheaper and asking more of the field techs.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. System Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreJuly 12, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Good Management and great place to work.
Good work environment
Senior Transaction Processing Associate Accountant (Current Employee), BangaloreJuly 12, 2014
A day to day work with fun and encouragement
Lot of things learnt with role of work, work culture, communication, etc
management is good
Co workers are awsome as the are helpin natured
Hardest part is month end pressure
Enjoyable part is fun at work
Fun company
Utilize HP Web Jet Admin (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: ok pay pto
Cons: contract
it is ok to work for this company
it is a very good place to work
My first IT Job
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 8, 2014
With this company i worked in many project in many cities. I worked for them for 13 years
Great employment experience and corporate culture.
Regional Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), New JerseyJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, wages, people, and promotablility. unisys is a first class organization
Cons: commute.
My last job duty as a Regional Credit and Collection Manager involved the collection of revenues from current clients for the Eastern region. My daily duties involved overseeing the District Financial Analysts in my region that were responsible for collections. My typical day would involve travel, communicating and updating progress on forecasted revenue – more... projections, collections, and assisting in equipment procurement. Meeting with the Regional Manager and the management team to plan and strategize.

Our management team and co-workers complemented each other and everyone added their skill, expertise, and knowledge base to the team. We were quite successful in the achievement of forecasted goals.

The hardest part of the job was the commute from home each day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall experience gained from the start of my employment to the end. I started out as a local Branch Administrator and through various promotions became a Regional Manager. And with each promotion I grew in business savvy, expertise, relationships, knowledge, and on many levels including the branch, district, and regional levels. – less
Rewarding environment with advancement
Full charge cash disbursement clerk (Former Employee), Flemington, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Accounts payable clerk for six months then moved up to a management position as full charge bookkeeper in the cash disbursements division. Learned monthly, quarterly, and yearly reconciliations to submit to corporate accountants. Extremely enjoyed my working environment and all my co-workers.
Good Company
Business Excellence Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell PaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: high tech
Cons: restricted market
Great Products
Great People
Diverse Workforce
Fun Environment
Innovative IT company with offices around the world
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: work from home 2 days a week
It's great working so closely with the client and having the freedom to meet there needs without being overly managed.
Highly challenging job
Consultant (Former Employee), Pyeongtaek, ROKJune 26, 2014
Day consisted of maintaining 26 to 69 systems. Co-workers were the best you will ever find.
Not a great company
Help Desk Specialist 2 (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: low morale, poor treatment of employees, low pay, horrible benefits, equipment doesn't always work.
Unisys is concerned with their bottom line. That's it. They do not care about employees. Having entered the IT field at an older age (I was over 30), I was shocked to find a company that treated its employees as if they were in high school.
I was told I needed permission to use the bathroom. If I stood up to stretch, this was a problem.
I worked for – more... the Help Desk at Unisys. However, I was able to do very little helping. Unisys is paid per ticket written by the companies they contract with. They want their Help Desk reps to write as many tickets as possible---that is paramount to actually solving problems. So---I didn't get to help as much as I liked.
They are also open on holidays, and they will force you to come in. However, there is generally no supervisor that comes in on holidays---so again---management has very little respect for the people under their management.
There is always a tense, disorganized atmosphere there, which makes it difficult for employees to develop relationships. (Besides the fact that they aren't really provided with much opportunity to converse, and the pay is so low that they cannot go out for drinks afterwards, either.)
Stay away from Unisys. Maybe someday they will understand that in order to be successful, they need to treat their employees correctly. – less
Good
Incident Management Co ordinator (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 21, 2014
Learned a lot of technical process which include
• Efficiency of working with tools like ITSM , Active Directory , SAP , QDMS
• Working on Operating systems like WIN 7, Vista , XP
• Dealing with issues On Lotus notes and Outlook
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge on IP Addressing & Services On topics like NAT/PAT, DHCP, NTP, DNS
Network Management, – more... SNMP – less
Fun place to work with technical folks at FDIC.
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: subsidized breakfast and lunches.
Cons: some other contractors slacked doing the work tasks.
I had fun working with the Unisys team since they were professional and helpful.
Easy work, not reliable
Field Support Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2014
Good managers, great to be self managed, but the work is very unreliable, somedays you will have a full day and others you will have nothing. Good for people starting out in the IT field.
Great place to be hired
Customer Engineer 6 (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 18, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to expand
Cons: hard to get in
Company where they have branches of work in different fields under the same job title. One will work as a IS Helpdesk representative, Field Technician and provide professional services to the banks. This helps to acquire many experiences from the different professional fields under the same company. They also provide access to an online University for – more... different technical and professional concepts. If necessary they would send their employees to different countries for training. – less
Good place to work for a longer duration
Service Support Representative (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 18, 2014
Pros: competitive work environment, lots to learn
Cons: management could be a little considerate towards its team members.
Good place to settle down and also learn. Shifts are ok and other facilities coupled with good and helpful team members.
Marginal
Wash., DC- Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 7, 2014
Pros: name recognition.
Cons: poor management & advancement ops
Ailing management style. Needs updating.
Low salaries and advancement ops

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more

Unisys Photos