Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a great company
Help Desk Specialist 2 (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: low morale, poor treatment of employees, low pay, horrible benefits, equipment doesn't always work.
Unisys is concerned with their bottom line. That's it. They do not care about employees. Having entered the IT field at an older age (I was over 30), I was shocked to find a company that treated its employees as if they were in high school.
I was told I needed permission to use the bathroom. If I stood up to stretch, this was a problem.
I worked for – more... the Help Desk at Unisys. However, I was able to do very little helping. Unisys is paid per ticket written by the companies they contract with. They want their Help Desk reps to write as many tickets as possible---that is paramount to actually solving problems. So---I didn't get to help as much as I liked.
They are also open on holidays, and they will force you to come in. However, there is generally no supervisor that comes in on holidays---so again---management has very little respect for the people under their management.
There is always a tense, disorganized atmosphere there, which makes it difficult for employees to develop relationships. (Besides the fact that they aren't really provided with much opportunity to converse, and the pay is so low that they cannot go out for drinks afterwards, either.)
Stay away from Unisys. Maybe someday they will understand that in order to be successful, they need to treat their employees correctly. – less
Good
Incident Management Co ordinator (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 21, 2014
Learned a lot of technical process which include
• Efficiency of working with tools like ITSM , Active Directory , SAP , QDMS
• Working on Operating systems like WIN 7, Vista , XP
• Dealing with issues On Lotus notes and Outlook
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge on IP Addressing & Services On topics like NAT/PAT, DHCP, NTP, DNS
Network Management, – more... SNMP – less
Fun place to work with technical folks at FDIC.
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: subsidized breakfast and lunches.
Cons: some other contractors slacked doing the work tasks.
I had fun working with the Unisys team since they were professional and helpful.
Easy work, not reliable
Field Support Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2014
Good managers, great to be self managed, but the work is very unreliable, somedays you will have a full day and others you will have nothing. Good for people starting out in the IT field.
Great place to be hired
Customer Engineer 6 (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 18, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to expand
Cons: hard to get in
Company where they have branches of work in different fields under the same job title. One will work as a IS Helpdesk representative, Field Technician and provide professional services to the banks. This helps to acquire many experiences from the different professional fields under the same company. They also provide access to an online University for – more... different technical and professional concepts. If necessary they would send their employees to different countries for training. – less
Good place to work for a longer duration
Service Support Representative (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 18, 2014
Pros: competitive work environment, lots to learn
Cons: management could be a little considerate towards its team members.
Good place to settle down and also learn. Shifts are ok and other facilities coupled with good and helpful team members.
Marginal
Wash., DC- Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 7, 2014
Pros: name recognition.
Cons: poor management & advancement ops
Ailing management style. Needs updating.
Low salaries and advancement ops
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Service Request Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2014
At Unisys I create accounts for new hires and complete requests submitted by the end user.
I learned how to work well with a team.
My manager was prety layed back if you got your work done.
Coworkers were all verry friendly.
Hardest part of the job is research on new and unique requests.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ping pong table.
NA
Senior Project Controller (Current Employee), Reston, VAJune 3, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
All co-workers were friendly and help each other out with all type of issues.
Self-sufficient environment
Level 1 Agent (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: familial
Cons: poor management, poor benefits
Queues here seem to be mostly self-sufficient. Everyone here treats each other like family. Hardest part of the job is juggling additional tasks while still being available for calls. Most enjoyable part is talking to everyone. All the people here are friends, don't see each other as just co-workers.
Great place to work.
Medicaid Field Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2014
Enjoyed traveling and assisting providers with receiving payments from Louisiana Medicaid. Trained providers on Medicaid policy and procedures. Most enjoyable was putting provider workshops throughout the state.
Good company to work for, but suffers from Big Company culture.
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 30, 2014
Pros: they follow all the right standards and follow and preach ethics all the time.
Cons: if you are on a site for one of their contracts your access to unisys resources is very limited.
Read the Dilbert Comic Strip to know what Big Company culture is like. Most of it fits Unisys corporation in terms of how it works. Don't get me wrong, it is a good company to work for, but having come from a small company (way back when) and then moving over to Sperry, which merged with Burroughs to be come Unisys (I worked for Sperry/Unisys for 30 – more... years) that was an experience.

If you go to work for Unisys, make sure you get close to the salary you want, because the rate of salary advancement in a big company is slow. If you manage to get a promotion in the company, that would result in a jump in salary. The yearly upgrade of salary is very conservative. – less
Great Co-workers, Inconsistent Managment
Service Support Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: pay, friendly co-workers, consistent workflow
Cons: poor communication, expensive health plan w/poor coverage
Typically day to day is a lot of the same. People are great, and the calls are consistent. Not much in the way of advancement opportunities, and the management lacks communication. The pay is pretty nice though for this market.
Great company
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMay 22, 2014
Worked for this company for 16 years and did not have micro managers, which is a HUGE plus!
Good Career Growth
Lead SME - Supply Chain Management (Former Employee), UxbridgeMay 14, 2014
Good opportunity to learn and grow. Provides ample growth pros pects.
Worst contract gig ever
Field Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 12, 2014
I was a field technician for almost a year doing repairs for Dell. In short, I'd be scheduled either a ridiculous amount of work that impossible to keep up with or no work at all. On top of that, the pay was atrocious and I often had to keep half or more of my paycheck just to be able to afford to work the next week. It was awful.
PC technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMay 5, 2014
On the move to different locations of DPSS offices while we wait for our team leader to give us intructions of settting and ghosting the PC terminals into a new operating system Windows 7
Working for Unisys
I.T. Technician Tier 3 (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasMay 5, 2014
Pros: most co-workers are great
Cons: not very well organized, too many cheifs and not enough braves
Good company to work for. Management on regional base is good but overall nationally could be better with assigning technicians L 3 their daily work. Co-workers are overall good to work with. I would rate this business a B- Grade.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMay 1, 2014
Pros: few
Cons: many
PERFORMED QUALITY ASSURANCE FUNCTIONS SUCH AS
PRODUCT INSPECTION, PROCESS AUDIT, CORRECTIVE ACTION
REQUESTS AND CONTRACT REVIEW AT THIS DCMA DUTY STATION. THIS WAS THE ONLY CONTRACTOR THAT I WAS ASSIGNED TO AS I WAS GOING THROUGH MY INTERNSHIP AT THIS TIME. THIS DCMA DUTY STATION HAS SINCE CLOSE DOWN.
Fun place with room for growth
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 30, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch breaks
Cons: scheduled breaks, and lunches are chosen by an external company.
A typical day at work would include client interaction. Reports and data analysis to ensure high quality customer service.

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more

Unisys Photos