Unisys

Unisys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst contract gig ever
Field Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 12, 2014
I was a field technician for almost a year doing repairs for Dell. In short, I'd be scheduled either a ridiculous amount of work that impossible to keep up with or no work at all. On top of that, the pay was atrocious and I often had to keep half or more of my paycheck just to be able to afford to work the next week. It was awful.
PC technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMay 5, 2014
On the move to different locations of DPSS offices while we wait for our team leader to give us intructions of settting and ghosting the PC terminals into a new operating system Windows 7
Working for Unisys
I.T. Technician Tier 3 (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasMay 5, 2014
Pros: most co-workers are great
Cons: not very well organized, too many cheifs and not enough braves
Good company to work for. Management on regional base is good but overall nationally could be better with assigning technicians L 3 their daily work. Co-workers are overall good to work with. I would rate this business a B- Grade.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMay 1, 2014
Pros: few
Cons: many
PERFORMED QUALITY ASSURANCE FUNCTIONS SUCH AS
PRODUCT INSPECTION, PROCESS AUDIT, CORRECTIVE ACTION
REQUESTS AND CONTRACT REVIEW AT THIS DCMA DUTY STATION. THIS WAS THE ONLY CONTRACTOR THAT I WAS ASSIGNED TO AS I WAS GOING THROUGH MY INTERNSHIP AT THIS TIME. THIS DCMA DUTY STATION HAS SINCE CLOSE DOWN.
Fun place with room for growth
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 30, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch breaks
Cons: scheduled breaks, and lunches are chosen by an external company.
A typical day at work would include client interaction. Reports and data analysis to ensure high quality customer service.
Unisys
Alcon Help Desk (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, great colleagues.
This have been the most professional call center job I have ever had. They treat you with all the respect in the world and trust that you can handle your day to day tasks with out the need to micro manage.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2014
Normal 9 to 5 job with plenty of benefits. Great management. Great Co-workers.
Unisys was a great place to meet new friend and was a pleasent work environment
Call Pilot, and the Meridian (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 10, 2014
I started off at Unisys as an internal helpdesk agent, helping employees with various hardware and software issues/problems. After 2 yrs, I was hired internally for the position of PBX administrator/technician. My typical day was to first collect all moves, adds, changes. Then I would prioritize the MACs with new client implementations and modifications – more... to phone queues, Any conference calls that were scheduled, along with any client meetings/conferences. Any maintenance doen was scheduled during very slow traffice periods unless emergencies arose that demanded immediate attention. I was responsible for 4 major call centers in the US – less
Good call center
Microsoft Project Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2014
It was working for Microsoft Project and was your typical call center. The SMEs were very helpful, training was good and the job itself wasn't that difficult.
Great Organisation - lots of development Opportunities
Resource Manager (Former Employee), MelbourneApril 2, 2014
Pros: great methadology, supportive creative culture, lots of internal courses, good career development
Cons: lots of structural changes with retrentchments, left an uneasy feeling of "who would be next". not sure if this is continuing?
Worked for Unisys for 13 years, in different roles, from BA, PMO, Testing, Consulting and Resource Management.

Has own well developed methodologies with great examples. Methodology broad and flexible to fit with the client requirement.

Lots of in house courses, with everyone required to do the Project Management 101 training.

Thoroughly enjoyed my – more... time at Unisys - met some very skilled people who taught me a lot. – less
productive and energetic people
Dispatcher/Production Planner (Former Employee), Pueblo, COApril 1, 2014
Created travelers, pulled parts for kan ban kits and statused product through the production floor. Enjoyed working with all areas (operations, quality, supervisors, schedulers) to ensure customer schedules.
Sourcing, Recruiting, Reporting
Sr. Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 25, 2014
Great company to work for! Very solid and great Leadership.
Friendly, fun and helpful .
Lead Clerk/Librarian (Former Employee), 3199 Pilot Knob Eagan, MN 55122March 24, 2014
I came to MN- US from VN in January 9,2000; In the past, after 2 days I got job in Apothecary for over 6 months then I got laid off but in the past 6 months, I got along to my co-workers by friendly, funny and helpful in my workplace- help, cover for them anytime as I could but I was still finished my job as fast as I can.
After leaving my 1st job in – more... Apothecary, I worked for Cub Food- Apple Valley , MN,rom July 2000 through March 2001 as Customer Services – less
Demanding, over worked and underpaid
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Boydton, VAMarch 24, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-working and the Ward 4 community. The part of working with Council members is dealing with their demeaning attitude.
management uses fear tactics to motivate employees
COMPUTER REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
under paid and overworked no chance for upward mobility in this organization
Fun workplace
Service support representative (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 14, 2014
Management was good. Had real good co-workers,
Hardest part was the job profile and shifts.
Great Company
Server Admin (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 12, 2014
Great Company very professional and buisness like. Great benifits and oppertunities.
PC application support.
IT Specialist Technician (Former Employee), Laurel, MDMarch 10, 2014
• Provided helpdesk support, PC application support. Diagnosed, repaired, installed and configured computer hardware/software of peripheral equipment such as pc, monitors, and printers. Created images for workstation PCs using Norton Ghost
• Experienced with desktop operation system utilities such as defrag, scan, system restores
• Supported and resolved – more... server and e-mail related issues – less
Leading Edge Corporation
Branch Manager - Specialized ITCenter Operations (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAMarch 4, 2014
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients.

We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their – more... enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.

With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. – less
Unisys is a good place to work with.
ATM and Transit checks Preparer (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: benefit
Lots of things to learn, fast work place. Bosses are nice. No pressure on the job. I am still working with them if they didn't move place. Good benefits.

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more