Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I saw the world while building high tech skills.
Education Consultant (Former Employee), Lisle, ILSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: worked with an international customer base, and was able to play with very sophisticated it equipment.
Cons: on the road job requirements sometime cut into my family life.
Most of my time at Unisys involved training customers and employees. Unisys trained me on a lot of leading edge technology.
My work took me all over the USA and to more exotic places such as Canada, England and Australia.
Not a very good environment.
Active Directory Administrator Unisys (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: no real advancement
Poor, Always understaffed. Never listen to their employees. Constant negative feed back from their vendors.
Employee focused company
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), multiple locationsSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: leadership team
Cons: nothing
UNISYS was a outstanding company that allowed every employee the opportunities to grow every day.

Although we had on of the smallest team on the Silver Eagle contract, our management ensured that we were always treated as if we were actually the prime. And after the team the UNISYS had chosen to work with loss out on the next contract, I was kept on – more... for an additional 16 months while the attempted to win new business.

The people I worked with at UNISYS were by far the best I have ever had the pleasure to work with this included my 22 year in the US Air Force.

The most enjoyable part of my time at UNISYS was the opportunities that my supervisor allowed for my to gain while the were working diligently to win new business. – less
fun and adaptive
a key member for FLOWSERVE client (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 11, 2014
Unisys Global was a great company to work with, the wok culture was very good and also the benefits and incentives given by the company.
Mail Clerk / Courier (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IASeptember 9, 2014
Great work environment. Plenty of chances for advancement. Very friendly work environment.
Horrible Management Culture - no leadership - no teamwork - lots of boring meetings - this company is in trouble
Lead Solution Architect - Enterprise Services (Former Employee), Home BasedSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits are decent
Cons: work culture is horrible
If you like pain, no authority and miserable co-workers and terrible management then you will like Unisys where so much time is wasted in long meetings with no leadership or defined meeting outcomes.
Average Work, Very good Work life Balance
Business Excellence Analyst - Manager (Current Employee), BangaloreSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: good business exposure
Cons: long travel hours to work
Unisys has been a good experience in terms of learning and growth. I have had the opportunity to work on a new projects every year through my tenure with the company. As a company it offers very good work-life balance.
My current profile allows me to work with the various business organisations within Unisys, understand their portfolios and help them – more... build a solution for new deals. Although it has been challenging its a good learning experience and fun to work. – less
Great place to work!
Level 3 Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Addison, TexasSeptember 4, 2014
Great users and techs. Excellent work environment, techs work hard but love their job.
Great learning experience
Software Engineer III (Current Employee), Virginia BeachSeptember 2, 2014
Professional development and growth was high encouraged and emphasized. I had a chance to meet the CEO and president of our division on a regular basis. Communication with the managers and employees was excellent.
Productive and fun workplace
Enterprise System Support Analyst (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 1, 2014
Learned the End User Computing
Good Team and work environment
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER [MANAGER LEVEL III]
North American Team Lead [ESI02 NA Team Lead] (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAAugust 30, 2014
Provided team leadership and creativity in development and delivery of Microsoft technology, identity and access management, and security services engagements. Managed multiple projects and development and integration of project(s), delivering consistently high value, "client ready" work with minimum supervision. Lead and managed medium to large teams – more... encompassing 45 consultants and managers. Defined objectives and priorities for project staff, assigning and reviewing tasks, performance evaluation, and managing staffing requirements. Participated in development of new services business opportunities that resulted in profitable revenue growth. – less
Solid Operations
Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2014
Mississippi Lime Co., provided me with opportunities to grow professionally and technically. Good experience.
Project Management expertise
Analyst (Former Employee), INDIAAugust 26, 2014
Initial step into Project Management, Learning & handling different region based associates
Team oriented with focus on customer service satisfaction
Field Technician (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: variety, challenge, team oriented
Cons: enterprise disorganization, mis communications
Working at an Administrative Office for a major automobile club, maintaining desktop support for printers, desktops, laptops, and workstations (pcs),

The work scheduie is often interrupted by escalations, which are first priority and can make satisfying all the users difficult.

I have learned more about networking and active directory, since we are – more... expected to "patch" ports for printers and desktops. Active directory is very often used in the Users and Computers category to determine computer names on the domain and appropriate organizational units for computers and users.

The management is helpful and there has been some turn over in that regard, but still team oriented and customer driven.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety of activities, including projects, and personal interaction with the customer. It is very satisfying when the customer is more than happy with my performance. – less
Fun work place with much more friends
System analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore , indiaAugust 20, 2014
Cool working place & fun to work over there.Working on Vmware * windows technology , was really a great place to work.
Wasn't there long enough to make a proper assessment.
Microsoft Contractor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2014
I was with the company for a little over 6 months and then suddenly I was laid off due to budget restraints. While I was there it was a decent place to work. My co-workers were great and my immediate manger was great. Unfortunately, I never meant anyone about my immediate manager.
Quite Productive and Great Place to work at Unisys UK
Business Analyst Consultant & Project Lead (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: work culture, management, benefits
Cons: salary was little less
Unisys UK has been a great place for me where I could really work well and learnt a lot. I have always given the chance to apply my skills and the management was always supportive of me to let me do things my way.
I have been awarded UK Star award for the work I did in Unisys UK and I made some great colleagues while working with whom I could share – more... glasses of beer.
There was plethora of work to do and knowledge to gain and it was one of the challenging part for me to accept in very less time. But having a great manager and helpful co-workers really made my learning faster and easier.
I would recommend this place/company to everyone who wants to here. – less
Beautiful Setting, When You Get To See It
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UtahAugust 13, 2014
Pros: it is in utah
Cons: mandatory overtime
Dungeon Like Workplace... Limited Advancement. Mandatory Unpaid Overtime.
Unisys is a great company
Federal Services Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDAugust 12, 2014
I am very please with my position with Unisys. However, I am moving to Rapid City.
No job security for long time mainframe analysts
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 6, 2014
I worked for Unisys on and off for 40 years. I gained great knowledge of their 2200 mainframe environment, especially in the earlier years (Univac and Sperry Corps.). The later management off shored our jobs and their was no longer any job security. My co-workers have always been great and some of the most technically proficient people I have ever worked – more... with. I wouldn't really say any part of the job was hard. I was able to learn and perform most any project given to me. The most enjoyable part was probably my co-workers. Although I did enjoy writing code and problem solving. – less

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more

Unisys Photos