Unisource Worldwide Employee Reviews

Fun at workplace
Asst.Manager-Facilities (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraFebruary 13, 2016
Professional Company.
Excellent management & Co-worker support
Training & Development
Received excellence awards & medals
Pros
Free Lunch & Snacks. Training, Free Bus service
Cons
NA
Great Company
Database Coordinator (Inventory) (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 27, 2015
During my tenure, I was able to advance from a receptionist to the Database Coordinator for the North Central Region. I also traveled throughout the country doing computer conversions and I was able to work directly with all levels of management and develop a national standard for claim processing procedures. This corporation offers many opportunities for advancement, as well as, personal/professional growth. I loved working for this company!
Pros
a lot of opportunity for advancement
Cons
salary could have been better.
Productive and personable due to small amount of workers
Collections Specialist/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2015
My typical day was handling a specific portfolio of business accounts that were in collection status. I had built a good repor with most of these companies and would try to negotiate a good payment plan that would work for them and our company to keep from their shipments from getting held up due to non payment.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my co-workers and clients
Cons
Having to cut off a client's shipment of goods because of payment issues
fun environment
Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 21, 2016
Great environment to work around, friendly people and very professional place. Never had any kind of issues or problems with no one in the company.
Pros
Free snacks, drinks, etc
Company in transition
Parts and Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 23, 2015
During the time I worked for Unisource, it was mostly an enjoyable place to be.
In my position, the management was offsite, so I learned to work independently, and make business decisions.
At the time I left the company, my department had moved to another state, and there we many changes taking place and many more to come.
Unisource is a wonderful place to work but the Paper Industry is declining and I don't feel like I make a difference and I want to feel that
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaDecember 20, 2012
I work from 8:30 to 5:30 with 1-hour lunch, I have to make a quota every day, 25 outgoing calls and a dollar amount, I meet some very interesting people all day long and try to build relationships where I can. Management tends to micro manage....the hardest part of my job is sitting behind a desk all day and staying out of the daily gossip. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get to go home, this position is just not me. I am very grateful to have a job and I do it well and I am making my numbers but I feel empty at the end of the day, it's just a paycheck
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not a team feeling
Good people and fun place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2013
Processed invoices for payment. Contacted division personnel if needed for approval of invoices. Assisted with discrepancies on invoices. Worked with all Operation Managers and assistants at division level. I learned a lot more about international invoicing and billing standards in my duties. My co-workers were great people. I enjoyed working with everyone of them whether here or across the world. The hardest part of my job was getting management to listen to suggestions of better production methods. The most enjoyable part was dealing with vendors and division level management.
Pros
worldwide exposure to a vast array of people
Cons
healthcare/benefits
I learned a new skill here web billing
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 30, 2015
This job was great the peoeple the atmosphere and just the work enviroment was relaxed. We had alot of team work and built on this team work. We did tean building weeks when we played games, had barbeques these wereall team building weeks.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere and great co workers
Cons
some of the management were very young
Great company with good people to work with
Corrugated Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 17, 2014
Unisource has been a great company to work at. The management has been helpful and supportive. The team I manage are professionals who work hard to get the job done.
Pros
good leader over team, great emplloyees
Cons
commute, compensation changes
Fun loving company. Very well designed and oriented. Comfortable atmoshpere.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at Unisource would be a day full of friendships. Departments working together to build further futures for the Industry.
Management that has an involvement with employees are always a plus and this you got with Unisource. Co-workers are like family, hardest part of the job was not knowing when you last day would be and the fear or looking for another employer that you know is going be nothing like this one. You develop relationships and work ethics based on atmospheres and people surrounding you. That is not always easy to come by, now a days, it is fend for yourself. Unisource gave you a sense of safety and devotion, in which made you devoted to your job or position. I loved working for and with Unisource!!!
Pros
monthly pot lucks with all departments involved for that months birthdays.
Cons
n/a
Laid back Corporate Environment
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2013
I worked in an off-site branch, not at the headquarters. Excellent bosses, small office environment, with all the perks and benefits of a large corporation. Loved the management, had dynamic relations with all of my co-workers.
Due to small office, we were able to cross train learn many transferable skills. We all worked together to ensure tasks were completed. Great teams!
Untypical environment.
Pros
approachable, employee-centered executives
Growing Company
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 4, 2014
Fast paced engergetic work culture. Growing company with good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Productive and Fast-Paced Organization
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX.February 10, 2013
A typical day included the support of a 9 member sales team that included hands-on field training, motivation, and supervision. Management had a hands-off style. Employees interacted well with one another and helped each other were possible. The most challenging part of the job was meeting the customers expectations on order fill rates. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the sales reps in the field selling products and closing new business. The biggest lesson I learned from this position is that not all company mergers are advantageous to the sales force and that tremendous culturial changes can led to disunity resulting in loss of key employees.
Pros
helping others, team interaction, teaching, training
Cons
not much management support, poor interdepartment communication
Wonderful job for 30 years.
data entry of all orders (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Fast paced all day. On phones most of day. Management gave empowerment to employees to make quick decisions. Good benefits. In a large company, had lots of friends and mentors.
logistics cooridnator skills
District Coordinator/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 8, 2013
I was hired here as a printer coordinator and was quickly promoted to a logistics coordinator. Here I learned a lot how to deal with sales, customer service and transportation. Trying to get product out the best way possible and making sure everything was being worked on and none of the trucks were overweight. I did all reports on excel and in the as400.
Pros
logistics experience, great benefits
Cons
hours would always change
Job was the graveyard shift and not included us in the celebrations
Lead Forklift Operator-Certified (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 10, 2012
We had a good group of fellow co-workers and finished the jobs even though we did not have enough personel. This is where I received the majority of my equipment certification.
Pros
certification on equipment
Cons
management did not listen to our input on making the job more productive.
Great Company to work for!
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2014
Great company, good benefits. They are good to their employees.
Pros
benefits, pay, flexible
Cons
depends onif you get in a department with a not so good manager.
(A Distribution Solutions Company with revenues of over $4billion)
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  norcross gaOctober 10, 2014
• Support the senior executives in the decision making process by providing ad-hoc analysis/reports-- busy work days
Professional with a family feel.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST PRINTING PAPER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2012
Management is very good at communicating with employees about financials, goals and new strategies. This makes you feel important and part of a bigger family - Very team oriented.
Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 5, 2012
We had sales meeting every morning.
We had a products training once a week from vendors.
Management at our location always helpful.
Co workers always willing to assist you.
Not keeping supplies in stock.
Freedom.
Pros
freedom
Cons
health care benefit not so good.