Human Resources Manager
1 year contract (December 2013 – December 2014)
Part-time (21 hours per week)
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of five locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, counselling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education and Diabetes Education Centre. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
We are working from an inclusive, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, pro-choice, anti-oppression, and participatory framework in addressing the issue of access to health care for our mandated priority populations encompassing all the determinants of health.
At this point, we are looking for an experience HR professional to join our team. Accountable for developing, implementing and administering human resources activities, which includes employee engagement, recruitment, orientation, compensation & benefit plans, training & development , performance management, employee discipline and terminations.
- Maintains and administers the salary administration program including providing guidance to managers in the development of job descriptions and determining appropriate compensation levels.
- Coordinates the recruitment and hiring processes, including preparing and distributing updated job postings and job descriptions and providing advice on selection guidelines and assessment methods.
- Develops, updates, and provides orientation and onboarding programs for new hires.
- Ensures all human resources records, files, data bases and other information are up to date.
- Develops and implements systems to monitor staff trends, including sick time, lieu time, leave, formal conflict processes, etc. and recommend appropriate changes in practice.
- Advises or participate in third party conflict resolution processes, staff discipline and staff terminations.
- Oversees payroll function.
- 3-5 years of experience in management capacity
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CHRP designation
- Sound knowledge of occupational health and safety, job evaluation, compensation, benefits, organizational design, recruitment, retention, training and development, performance management, and human resource information management best practices
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all relevant employment, labour and occupational health and safety legislation
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Some experience in labour relations would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues on diverse communities
- Ability to work flexible hours and work out of multiple locations.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a résumé with covering letter by 5:00 p.m., October 15, 2013 to:
Hiring Committee, Administrative Assistant
Unison Health and Community Services
12 Flemington Road
Toronto ON M6A 2N4
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto....