Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of five locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, case management and counseling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education and Diabetes Education Centre. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
Unison is committed to working from an inclusive, pro-choice, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, anti-oppression and participatory framework.
Unison is currently seeking part-time surveyors to help conduct the annual client experience survey. This survey will be conducted at all 5 sites. Orientation and training will be provided as part of the paid contract work.
The contract will begin on October 8th and end on October 30th 2013. You must be available to work approximately 20 hours per week (a total of 77.5 hours by the end of the contract), Monday to Friday, including flexible day and/or evening shifts between 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM. Rate of pay is $12/hour. You would work at our Lawrence-Heights, Keele-Rogers, Jane-Trethewey, and/or Bathurst-Finch locations.
The responsibilities of the Interviewers will be as follows:
- Approach clients and invite them to participate in the client experience survey;
- Help clients to complete the survey;
- Data entry, as required;
- Translation of survey responses, as required and according to language skills;
- Translate client’s comments to English when in a second language;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural, racial and other backgrounds;
- Second language (in particular, Somali, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Tagalog or Russian) an asset.
- This position requires a strong commitment to act in accordance with Unison’s Privacy and Client Rights policies. It also requires commitment to ethical community based research practices.
- Please be aware that current Unison clients are not eligible for this position.
Please apply by our closing date, October 2nd at 5 p.m., submitting a short cover letter and a simple resume to:
Community Interviewers Hiring Committee
Unison Health and Community Services
12 Flemington Road
Toronto ON M6A 2N4 5
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.