Administrative Assistant, Primary Care KR
(part time – 17.5 hours per week)
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of five locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, counselling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education and Diabetes Education Centre. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
Unison is committed to working from an inclusive, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, anti-oppression and participatory framework.
At this time, Unison is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Reporting to Clinical and Allied Health Site Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to the Site Manager and the primary health care team at Keele-Rogers.
Job- Specific Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support to the Site Manager and the Primary health teams.
2. Maintain an efficient and organized office area, including orderly filing systems.
3. Take minutes at program or community meetings when required.
4. Provide support in setting up meeting space, including: furniture arrangements, a-v equipment, refreshments.
5. Coordinate the ordering and tracking of supplies for the program which may include: office supplies, meeting refreshments, or other program resources.
6. Maintain internal and external program contact lists and facilitate communications for the Site Manager.
7. Maintain staff schedules in terms of requests for time off.
8. Arrange room booking requirements in coordination with other Unison activities, when required.
9. Compile and produce data reports upon request.
10. Coordinate financial matters for program projects which may include: submitting receipts and expense claims to designated manager.
11. Create and enter grids in staff schedules in Purkinje.
12. Accurately track and report on time entitlements for the Primary Health Care Team.
Job – Specific Qualifications
1. 3-5 years of experience working in an administrative position.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
4. Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters and management/staff.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in combination with the ability to multi-task and perform duties under minimal supervision.
6. Self-directed and organized with the ability to manage time with overlapping priorities and multiple areas of responsibility.
7. Highly advanced computer literacy (word processing, Internet research, and spreadsheet and desktop publishing applications in a Windows environment, including MS Office). York Med Purkinje and Nightingale knowledge is an asset.
8. Experience with website maintenance software, an asset.
9. Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team of staff, students and volunteers.
10. Ability to communicate in languages other than English an asset.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a résumé with covering letter by 5:00 p.m., September 20, 2013 to:
Hiring Committee, Administrative Assistant
Unison Health and Community Services
12 Flemington Road
Toronto ON M6A 2N4
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.