Uniprix Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, friendly staff, relatively easy tasks to accomplish, flexible hours.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work as a former Cosmetician/cashier would consist of me doing: gift wrapping, replenishing, greeting, assisting clients in locating and choosing products, cleaning, making recommendations on certain beauty products, pricing cosmetic products and perfumes.

My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had a strong passion for makeup, I didn’t have any previous experience with working in cosmetics.

When my employer offered me a job as a Beauty Consultant, it gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work in the cosmetic industry.

I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I am now extremely adept at being a Beauty Advisor and a Cashier. I also learned a great deal about handling customers.

I think in general a good manager gives clear directions and actually stays pretty hands-off, but is ready and available to jump in to offer guidance, expertise, and help when needed.

My co-workers were very patient, helpful and understanding. It was a pleasure to work with them as a team, because they were all friendly and hard-working individuals.

Colleagues who worked close to me can tell that I am friendly, loyal to friends, cooperating, listener, respectful, honest, empathetic, caring and ready to help and always go the extra mile to help out.

The hardest part of my job was not getting a lot of cliental as I would like to have had. I am very passionate about my job and I enjoy working in a
  more... busy atmosphere to put my working skills to the test.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the long flexible hours that were offered to me. I also enjoyed interacting with customers and gaining professional experience.
Pros
long hours, good lunch breaks, flexible hours, friendly staff, clean and peaceful environment to work in.
Cons
no raise, no employee rewards, not a lot of customers come in, not a productive enough job position.
Always busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2015
It was always busy. I had dealt with different range of customers for example, people who were drunk or high. I had worked long hours and got a really good pay. However, the down fall was it was always busy that I wasn't able to balance my student life with work because there always needed people to come in even on the days off.
Pros
recognition from the managers
Cons
balancing personal life and work
easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, quebecFebruary 5, 2015
Working here was easy going and fun. Met a lot of good people and got along with my co-workers. The hardest thing about working there was that the owner didn't care about maintaining the building.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
pharmacy needed renovating
fun place too work
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecApril 28, 2014
Customer Service
Take inventory of my car after work
Respectful and courteous.s to customers
My first experience working in the store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VerdunMarch 20, 2014
Responsible for the opening and closing cash, serving clients and explained the products
No one stays here very long.
Floor / Cash / Visual / Stock (Current Employee) –  West Island, MontrealJuly 4, 2013
For the most part, I really dislike my job. The only thing I enjoy is changing things around and organizing because the store is a disaster.
When I first got hired, I had left a new job I just started because Uniprix was offering more hours, and the manager had promised me a dollar raise after a month. After two weeks of working there, the manager quit. Therefor, the bosses never gave me a raise which I found very unfair considering I left a job where I was making at least two dollars more than I am now. Also, everyone has told me that you basically never get a raise, people have worked there for over a year and still make minimum wage.
They are very selfish, no fifteen minute breaks. If you work a nine hour or eight hour shift, you just get one hour break. I know fifteen minute breaks are optional and is the owner's choice of whether he wants to offer it or not, but I have never worked anywhere that doesn't offer fifteen minute breaks, so hours can be long and tedious.
They just hired a new manager, and she has no clue what she is doing. She was a receiver at another Uniprix and just got hired as manager so I don't really understand.
The co-workers are kind for the most part, I always get along with everyone.

This is not a place I would recommend anyone to work at, unless you're retired and just want a job to get out of the house.
Cons
unorganized, no breaks, poor management.
Productive and efficient operations. Strong support and personnel cohesiveness.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mont-Royal,QcOctober 3, 2012
Working at Uniprix allowed me to strongly develop my analytical skills as well as interpersonal relations.
Starting from a cashier position while attending University, and then advancing to the head of the post-office, part-time lab tech., assistant manager and finally manager, the environment allowed me to diversify and grow while maintaing a sense of loyalty.
I developed my analytical and strategic skills by attending the annual buying show as well being responsible for weekly circular and daily purchases. i was also responsible for inventory management and merchandising.
Starting as a team member and then developing into a team leader allowed me to develop and utilize my interpersonal skills. The foundation of Uniprix's employee relations was strongly based on mutual respect and growth which I found to be one of the reasons I enjoyed working there and why my loyalty to the company as well as my boss was quite strong.
Environnement stimulant
Conseillère POS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 2, 2016
Une bonne compagnie avec des horaires variables.
Le problème a été le changement du président et la réorganisation des équipes fait trop rapidement.
Les évaluations fait sur le oui dire au lieu de preuves tangibles.
Pros
Breuvages gratuits
Cons
Entré en poste du nouveau président
Ressources Humaines
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Plusieurs points négatifs concernant les ressources humaines, département très déficient pour une entreprise de cette envergure.
Pros
liberté d'action intéressante
Cons
Manque de leadership positif
Stabilité d'emploi
Cosméticienne (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 13, 2016
On y retrouve une belle stabilité. C'est convivial et l'ambiance est chalereuse.
Pros
Familial, formations
Ambiance de travail agréable
bureau chef, Montréal (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 1, 2015
Une entreprise en pleine expansion.

Relevant de la mise en marché mon rôle était de gérer les besoins des pharmaciens en accessoires ainsi que les besoins des propriétaires en marchandises.

D'autres tâches connexes à celle-ci sont présentés plus en détails sur le cv.
Pros
belle ambiance de travail
Cons
les tâches à accomplir trop souvent répétitif
Entreprise de choix
Coordonnatrice Amenagement commercial (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
Les nouvelles orientations stratégiques de la direction représenteront de beaux défis pour les employés du groupe Uniprix
Pros
Dîners subventionnés, bons avantages sociaux, bonne localisation
Assistante Technique (Former Employee) –  ValleyfieldOctober 6, 2015
Comptage de medicaments
service a la clientele
preparation des commandes
Environnement de travail agréable
Préposé senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 29, 2015
Uniprix une entreprise qui est au service du client. Étant une pharmacie, uniprix offre à ses clients différent produits de santé et bien-être.
Pros
Petite entreprise
Cons
aucun avantage sociale
Avis
Caissière (Former Employee) –  MontréalAugust 6, 2015
beaucoup de choix
personnel aidant
horaires de travail flexibles
travail étudiant
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, rue Racine EstMarch 17, 2015
C'est un endroit très agréable où travailler. Il y a une belle ambiance et les supérieurs y sont très compréhensif et gentil.
Pros
patron compréhensif
Cons
centre ville, les clients sont des biens-être ou des personnes malades
chef caissiere
Chef-caissière / Assistante (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QCJanuary 27, 2015
j'étais chef caissiere et adorais ca mais le salaire a faite que je suis retourné aux étude
Pros
travaille de responsable
Cons
le salaire
Agréable
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QCNovember 12, 2014
J'ai aimé travailler chez Uniprix, comme première expérience de travail c'était super, les gens sont aimable et j'ai beaucoup appris.
Equipe motivante
Commis pos (Current Employee) –  Verdun, QCOctober 5, 2014
Les reunions pour montée le chiffre d'affaire est motivant , Mon avis es pris en compte
Equipe agréable et travail d'équipe
technicienne (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJuly 23, 2014
J'aimais le fait qu'il y avait des groupes formé et des concours entre
collègues.
Pros
concours
Cons
contrat de 9 mois aucun avancement de carrière