Uniprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace, friendly staff, relatively easy tasks to accomplish, flexible hours.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work as a former Cosmetician/cashier would consist of me doing: gift wrapping, replenishing, greeting, assisting clients in locating and choosing products, cleaning, making recommendations on certain beauty products, pricing cosmetic products and perfumes.

My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had a strong passion for makeup, I didn’t have any previous experience with working in cosmetics.

When my employer offered me a job as a Beauty Consultant, it gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work in the cosmetic industry.

I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I am now extremely adept at being a Beauty Advisor and a Cashier. I also learned a great deal about handling customers.

I think in general a good manager gives clear directions and actually stays pretty hands-off, but is ready and available to jump in to offer guidance, expertise, and help when needed.

My co-workers were very patient, helpful and understanding. It was a pleasure to work with them as a team, because they were all friendly and hard-working individuals.

Colleagues who worked close to me can tell that I am friendly, loyal to friends, cooperating, listener, respectful, honest, empathetic, caring and ready to help and always go the extra mile to help out.

The hardest part of my job was not getting a lot of cliental as I would like to have had. I am very passionate about my job and I enjoy working in a
  more... busy atmosphere to put my working skills to the test.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the long flexible hours that were offered to me. I also enjoyed interacting with customers and gaining professional experience.
Pros
long hours, good lunch breaks, flexible hours, friendly staff, clean and peaceful environment to work in.
Cons
no raise, no employee rewards, not a lot of customers come in, not a productive enough job position.
Always busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2015
It was always busy. I had dealt with different range of customers for example, people who were drunk or high. I had worked long hours and got a really good pay. However, the down fall was it was always busy that I wasn't able to balance my student life with work because there always needed people to come in even on the days off.
Pros
recognition from the managers
Cons
balancing personal life and work
easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, quebecFebruary 5, 2015
Working here was easy going and fun. Met a lot of good people and got along with my co-workers. The hardest thing about working there was that the owner didn't care about maintaining the building.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
pharmacy needed renovating
fun place too work
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecApril 28, 2014
Customer Service
Take inventory of my car after work
Respectful and courteous.s to customers
My first experience working in the store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VerdunMarch 20, 2014
Responsible for the opening and closing cash, serving clients and explained the products
No one stays here very long.
Floor / Cash / Visual / Stock (Current Employee) –  West Island, MontrealJuly 4, 2013
For the most part, I really dislike my job. The only thing I enjoy is changing things around and organizing because the store is a disaster.
When I first got hired, I had left a new job I just started because Uniprix was offering more hours, and the manager had promised me a dollar raise after a month. After two weeks of working there, the manager quit. Therefor, the bosses never gave me a raise which I found very unfair considering I left a job where I was making at least two dollars more than I am now. Also, everyone has told me that you basically never get a raise, people have worked there for over a year and still make minimum wage.
They are very selfish, no fifteen minute breaks. If you work a nine hour or eight hour shift, you just get one hour break. I know fifteen minute breaks are optional and is the owner's choice of whether he wants to offer it or not, but I have never worked anywhere that doesn't offer fifteen minute breaks, so hours can be long and tedious.
They just hired a new manager, and she has no clue what she is doing. She was a receiver at another Uniprix and just got hired as manager so I don't really understand.
The co-workers are kind for the most part, I always get along with everyone.

This is not a place I would recommend anyone to work at, unless you're retired and just want a job to get out of the house.
Cons
unorganized, no breaks, poor management.
Productive and efficient operations. Strong support and personnel cohesiveness.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mont-Royal,QcOctober 3, 2012
Working at Uniprix allowed me to strongly develop my analytical skills as well as interpersonal relations.
Starting from a cashier position while attending University, and then advancing to the head of the post-office, part-time lab tech., assistant manager and finally manager, the environment allowed me to diversify and grow while maintaing a sense of loyalty.
I developed my analytical and strategic skills by attending the annual buying show as well being responsible for weekly circular and daily purchases. i was also responsible for inventory management and merchandising.
Starting as a team member and then developing into a team leader allowed me to develop and utilize my interpersonal skills. The foundation of Uniprix's employee relations was strongly based on mutual respect and growth which I found to be one of the reasons I enjoyed working there and why my loyalty to the company as well as my boss was quite strong.
environnement "familliale"
Assistante technique en pharmacie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2016
Je travaillais dans une petite pharmacie de quartier, le pharmacien propriétaire était proche de ses employés, l'entente était très bonne. La clientèle aussi, vu qu'on est plus petit, on est plus proche d'eux.
J'ai appris plusieurs poste : technicienne en pharmacie, commis, caissière, assistante gerante. On touche à tout.
Les horaires était flexible.

Chaque Uniprix est différent, chaque pharmacien propriétaire a sa façon de penser par rapport à sa pharmacie.
Pros
rabais magasin
Cons
salaire
Environnement sain
Caissière (Current Employee) –  MontréalMay 23, 2016
Le Uniprix est une bonne entreprise. J'aime les gens avec qui je travail et nous avons des bons clients. L'ambiance est calme, c'est ce que je préfère ce n'est pas un endroit qui apporte du stress dans ma vie. Les horaires sont flexibles. La raison pour laquelle j'aimerais quitter, c'est que je souhaiterai m'avancer vers un travail qui me permet de m'épanouir et de gravir des échelons, ce qui n'est pas vraiment possible au Uniprix vu le peu de choix d'avancement. J'ai fait un bel apprentissage comme le service à la clientèle, aider les autres, faire plusieurs tâches en même temps et me donner à fond dans tout ce que j’entreprends pour avoir les meilleurs résultats. Je sais comment une caisse fonctionne, un terminal lotto-québec aussi et je n'ai pas peur de soulever des produits lourds. J'ai aimé tout ce que le Uniprix a eu à m'offrir, maintenant je cherche a en apprendre plus.
Pros
Horaire flexibles, bonne ambiance
Cons
Pas d'avancements possibles
environnement agréable avec les collègues de travail
commis-responsable (Former Employee) –  Marieville, QCMay 5, 2016
sortir les rapport de caisse,
placer la commande,
remplir les tablettes avec le surplus,

le plus difficile: ne pas être apprécié
Cons
pas de pause sauf le repas.
Environnement pas assez stimulant
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCMay 4, 2016
En tant que petite pharmacie, le Uniprix de Ste-Rose, à Laval, n'était pas très occupé. Donc, la majorité de ma journée était passée à chercher quelque chose à faire.

Cependant, lorsqu'il y avait des clients, j'adorais cela. J'ai adoré le contact avec les gens qu'un poste de caissière m'offrait.
Bon environnement de travail
Service à la clientèle - caissier - commis (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 18, 2016
La clientèle est en général respectueuse ce qui nous permet d'offrir un bon service à la clientèle
Pros
Bonne ambiance de travail
Cons
Courtes pauses
Environnement de travail amusante et productive
Commis et caissière (Current Employee) –  Gouin Ouest, QCMarch 4, 2016
Je sert les clients . Je place la commandes dans le magasins. Je m'assure que le magasin est propre et que le clients a une bonne expérience. J'utilise une caisse enregistreuse.

Le management est excellent. Ils sont très gentils est compréhensif.
Ma collaboration au sein de l'entreprise est le travail ardu que je fais. Je suis une travaillante.

C'est pas facile pour moi des porter des boites lourd , mais j'aime servir les clients.
Pros
c'est comme une famille
Cons
Bas salaire
Environnement agréable
Préposée au laboratoire (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QCMarch 3, 2016
Dans cet endroit ou j'étais embauchée, j’ai acquis et développées mes compétences pour le service à la clientèle et à la caisse, l’exécution des renouvellements d’ordonnances envoyées pas le télécopieur et par le téléphone en utilisant le système informatique, le classement des prescriptions qui font de moi une bonne candidate pour travailler dans ce domaine d'activité.
Le travail en équipe avec mes collègues se déroule dans une atmosphère calme, on travaille soigneusement et responsable de tout ce que nous faisons sans avoir des erreurs, notre pharmacienne propriétaire et notre pharmaciste nous aide et explique en détail les services qui nous devrons être respectés tout au long de la journée, et en plus entre nous les collègues, nous nous respectons chaque minute qu'on travaille en équipe nous permettent à être efficace, à gagner du temps et à offrir un service de haute qualité aux clients.
Pros
flexibilité
Cons
minutieuse
Environnement stimulant
Conseillère POS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 2, 2016
Une bonne compagnie avec des horaires variables.
Le problème a été le changement du président et la réorganisation des équipes fait trop rapidement.
Les évaluations fait sur le oui dire au lieu de preuves tangibles.
Pros
Breuvages gratuits
Cons
Entré en poste du nouveau président
Ressources Humaines
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Plusieurs points négatifs concernant les ressources humaines, département très déficient pour une entreprise de cette envergure.
Pros
liberté d'action intéressante
Cons
Manque de leadership positif
Stabilité d'emploi
Cosméticienne (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 13, 2016
On y retrouve une belle stabilité. C'est convivial et l'ambiance est chalereuse.
Pros
Familial, formations
Ambiance de travail agréable
bureau chef, Montréal (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 1, 2015
Une entreprise en pleine expansion.

Relevant de la mise en marché mon rôle était de gérer les besoins des pharmaciens en accessoires ainsi que les besoins des propriétaires en marchandises.

D'autres tâches connexes à celle-ci sont présentés plus en détails sur le cv.
Pros
belle ambiance de travail
Cons
les tâches à accomplir trop souvent répétitif
Entreprise de choix
Coordonnatrice Amenagement commercial (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
Les nouvelles orientations stratégiques de la direction représenteront de beaux défis pour les employés du groupe Uniprix
Pros
Dîners subventionnés, bons avantages sociaux, bonne localisation
Assistante Technique (Former Employee) –  ValleyfieldOctober 6, 2015