Uniprix Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, friendly staff, relatively easy tasks to accomplish, flexible hours.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 May 2015
A typical day at work as a former Cosmetician/cashier would consist of me doing: gift wrapping, replenishing, greeting, assisting clients in locating and choosing products, cleaning, making recommendations on certain beauty products, pricing cosmetic products and perfumes.

My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had a strong passion for makeup, I didn’t have any previous experience with working in cosmetics.

When my employer offered me a job as a Beauty Consultant, it gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work in the cosmetic industry.

I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I am now extremely adept at being a Beauty Advisor and a Cashier. I also learned a great deal about handling customers.

I think in general a good manager gives clear directions and actually stays pretty hands-off, but is ready and available to jump in to offer guidance, expertise, and help when needed.

My co-workers were very patient, helpful and understanding. It was a pleasure to work with them as a team, because they were all friendly and hard-working individuals.

Colleagues who worked close to me can tell that I am friendly, loyal to friends, cooperating, listener, respectful, honest, empathetic, caring and ready to help and always go the extra mile to help out.

The hardest part of my job was not getting a lot of cliental as I would like to have had. I am very passionate about my job and I enjoy working in a
  more... busy atmosphere to put my working skills to the test.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the long flexible hours that were offered to me. I also enjoyed interacting with customers and gaining professional experience.
Pros
long hours, good lunch breaks, flexible hours, friendly staff, clean and peaceful environment to work in.
Cons
no raise, no employee rewards, not a lot of customers come in, not a productive enough job position.
Always busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2015
It was always busy. I had dealt with different range of customers for example, people who were drunk or high. I had worked long hours and got a really good pay. However, the down fall was it was always busy that I wasn't able to balance my student life with work because there always needed people to come in even on the days off.
Pros
recognition from the managers
Cons
balancing personal life and work
easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, quebec5 February 2015
Working here was easy going and fun. Met a lot of good people and got along with my co-workers. The hardest thing about working there was that the owner didn't care about maintaining the building.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
pharmacy needed renovating
fun place too work
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec28 April 2014
Customer Service
Take inventory of my car after work
Respectful and courteous.s to customers
My first experience working in the store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Verdun20 March 2014
Responsible for the opening and closing cash, serving clients and explained the products
No one stays here very long.
Floor / Cash / Visual / Stock (Current Employee) –  West Island, Montreal4 July 2013
For the most part, I really dislike my job. The only thing I enjoy is changing things around and organizing because the store is a disaster.
When I first got hired, I had left a new job I just started because Uniprix was offering more hours, and the manager had promised me a dollar raise after a month. After two weeks of working there, the manager quit. Therefor, the bosses never gave me a raise which I found very unfair considering I left a job where I was making at least two dollars more than I am now. Also, everyone has told me that you basically never get a raise, people have worked there for over a year and still make minimum wage.
They are very selfish, no fifteen minute breaks. If you work a nine hour or eight hour shift, you just get one hour break. I know fifteen minute breaks are optional and is the owner's choice of whether he wants to offer it or not, but I have never worked anywhere that doesn't offer fifteen minute breaks, so hours can be long and tedious.
They just hired a new manager, and she has no clue what she is doing. She was a receiver at another Uniprix and just got hired as manager so I don't really understand.
The co-workers are kind for the most part, I always get along with everyone.

This is not a place I would recommend anyone to work at, unless you're retired and just want a job to get out of the house.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, no breaks, poor management.
Productive and efficient operations. Strong support and personnel cohesiveness.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mont-Royal,Qc3 October 2012
Working at Uniprix allowed me to strongly develop my analytical skills as well as interpersonal relations.
Starting from a cashier position while attending University, and then advancing to the head of the post-office, part-time lab tech., assistant manager and finally manager, the environment allowed me to diversify and grow while maintaing a sense of loyalty.
I developed my analytical and strategic skills by attending the annual buying show as well being responsible for weekly circular and daily purchases. i was also responsible for inventory management and merchandising.
Starting as a team member and then developing into a team leader allowed me to develop and utilize my interpersonal skills. The foundation of Uniprix's employee relations was strongly based on mutual respect and growth which I found to be one of the reasons I enjoyed working there and why my loyalty to the company as well as my boss was quite strong.
Conditions flexibles et environnement accueillant
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC8 March 2017
Superviseurs à l'écoute des employés, milieu de travail encourageant, etc.
gestion
Cosméticienne (Former Employee) –  Beloeil, QC2 March 2017
se faire couper nos heures et changer de conditions de travail sans pré avis. aucune cliente, pas de professionnalisme. Gérant toujours sur le cas de quelqu'un. Très mauvaise expérience
bel environnement de travail
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
Le service à la clientèle n'est pas fait pour tout le monde. Ça exige beaucoup de patience.L'aspect que j'ai trouvé le plus difficile c'est de rester debout pendant des heures sans pouvoir bouger , les jambes ont très vite besoin de se dégourdir .
Pros
assuré à temps plein
Cons
courtes pauses
bonne équipe en général
chef cosméticienne (Former Employee) –  6700 sherbrooke Est17 January 2017
j'ai appris comment travailler en équipe et aimer conseiller les clients... pour la gérance c'était bien... manque d'équipe.. conseiller
Pros
bonne ambiance
Cons
manque de respects
Agreable mais pas beaucoups d'heure
Commis (Current Employee) –  Pointe-aux-trembles, QC16 January 2017
C'est agreable l'ambiance mais le gerant coupe les heure au travailleur sans meme consulter.
Pros
Collegue gentil
Cons
Pas assez d'heure
Environnement de travail désagréable
Caissière et commise sur le plancher (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC12 January 2017
L'environnement de travail désagréable parce qu'il manquait de lumière et cette pharmacie était peu fréquentée.
Pros
Rabais
Cons
Manque de lumière, pièce fermée, collègues bêtes, mais gentils
Mon résumé d'avis sur Uniprix.
Cosméticienne (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 January 2017
Cet emploi m'a permise d'acquérir mes expériences dans la ventre de cosmétiques et dans le service à la clientèle. Cet emploi, je l'ai autant adoré que j'en ai appris.
Pros
Vente
Cons
Salaire
Des belle journer remplies de travaille,
Caisse,comis (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, QC29 December 2016
Une bonne équipe de travaille , un bon rythme rapide , j'ai apris a faire de la caisse , comis , j'aime manipulé de l'argent donc sa me facilite la tâche , jaime dire bonjour a chaque clients , j'aime le contact avec la clientèle , je ne suis aucunement gêner.
Pros
Des bonne pause, espace prope, un recpect
Environnement de travail agréable mais très mal géré.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Richelieu, QC1 December 2016
J'ai adorer y travailler mais la personne pour qui je travaillais était mal organiser.
Pros
Produits gratuits et rabais!
Cons
L'organisation du temps
Travail intéressant et apprendre divers tâches
Responsable du service à la clientèle et Caissière (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC6 November 2016
Doit recompter ma caisse avant de débuter, balancer mon pad de loterie.
Mes responsabilités journalière est de voir au comptoir photo et m'assurer de la propreté de mon espace autour de la caisse

Aide mes collègues à la préparation d'étiquetage pour les spéciaux de la semaine.

Aussi de faire les dépôt

J'ai aussi appris à être superviseur soit faire caisse surprise, balancer toute les caisse, m'occuper du change à donner.

Aspect agréable: Travaillé avec le public
Pros
Possibilité d'effectuer divers tâches
Environnement très ouvert au travail d'équipe
Commis (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC3 November 2016
Uniprix est un travail où tu dois bien savoir communiquer avec les clients et avoir une bonne mémoire afin de les aider à trouver leurs articles plus rapidement. Les avantages du métier sont le travail d'équipe et des horaires assez larges.
Pros
Travail d'équipe
Cons
Peu de chose a faire
environnement de travail agreable
Gerante (Former Employee) –  Verdun, QC16 October 2016
Avoir un bon sens organisationnelle .aimer travailler en équipe .travailler auprès de la clientèle .
Une entreprise qui m'a fait grandir et évoluer
Responsable gestion des prix et cosméticienne (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC2 October 2016
J'ai un horaire que je respecte religieusement chaque jour, j'ai appris à travailler avec des échéanciers et que le travaille d'équipe est primordial dans une pharmacie. Le plus difficile est de gérer les clients difficiles et le plus agréable est de travailler avec un ordinateur.
Pros
produits gratuits
Cons
salaire

80%