Unilock is an innovative leader in the manufacturing of the highest quality concrete products for the professional landscape and construction industry in North America.
We currently have an opening in our Georgetown, Ontario location for a Plant Labourer.
This key position within our organization will report to the Yard Supervisor and/or Shift Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
This employee must be available to work both inside and outside and be able to work 42-60 hours per week. There is heavy lifting involved due to the nature of our product.
The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Operate equipment and ensure all duties are performed in a safe manner
- Inspect all packages of product to be loaded onto trucks or being pulled off the plant line(s) and report any packaging deficiencies, missing bundle tags and any other quality problems to the Shift Supervisor
- Involved in multiple quality control tasks
- Assist with break coverage for other positions in the Plant
- Assist in the daily clean-up of production area at end of shift
- Maintain general cleanliness and tidiness of work area, yard and equipment
- Willing to work extra hours if required to complete tasks
- Other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- 2 years of experience as a labourer and forklift operator in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable with reading and comprehension of all shipping related documents
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, driver and background check.
Unilock offers a competitive salary, an employer match pension plan, and a comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in a challenging position, and pursuing a career in a fast paced sales environment, we’d like to hear from you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.