Unilever

Unilever Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good environment to work
TSO (Current Employee), Chennai, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: nil
Anyone who is interested In Supply chain -Flex would be appropriate place to learn
Reasonable salary
Good work environment
Nice Internship Experience
Internship (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and learn, free housing
Good opportunity for student to get into real industry. Very challenging for student without any working experience. Unilever treat Interns like their formal employee. Interns will support multiple projects with different engineers and working with different function team and vendors.
Great pay! Lack of communication and cant plan anything outside of working. No stability
Machine operator (Current Employee), Owensboro KYFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good pay and good breaks
Cons: management and schedule needs work
I as well as 100 others was laid off from Unilever. The call back is unlikely. It has awesome pay but no organization. The schedule can change daily and management is completely oblivious to what goes on.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Boksburg, GPFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches and clean enviroment
It is a great company to work for lots of benefits and expanding
Highly Productive & Dynamic Workplace Manufacturing Happiness
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Covington, TNFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: decision-making flexibility, agile work environment, compensation plan
Cons: work life balance, technical skills gaps, ever-changing business environment
My current role provides a lot of challenges as the site is in the midst of a transition from producing Slim Fast to Ice Cream. The site will be the largest Ice Cream manufacturing facility in the world. I've learned how to make quick decisions to positively impact an ever-changing site and business dynamic without compromising quality, consumer safety – more... and teammate safety. The most difficult part of my job is overcoming local technical skills deficiencies with highly automated manufacturing and operational equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to grow and develop employees' skills and knowledge to become the best ice cream manufacturing facility within the company and the world. I take a vested interest in developing my direct reports and indirect reports. We take pride in manufacturing happiness - no one eats ice cream and has a bad time or bad experience! I've had the opportunity to give back to my local community through various charitable donations and events while being an inspiration to those who see my success as a possibility for their future. – less
I give all my time and energy to my work to ensure good results
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee), Pietermaritzburg, ZNFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: yes and night shifts
I loved every second of my job as include travelling to different places, my co-worker was like my brother we talked all the way to our destination
I worked on an assembly line
Manpower employee (Former Employee), Covington, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
It was a good job that paid well but I would much rather work some where that deals with health or caregiving.
Good Company and Establish
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), DubaiFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good company
Cons: the co workers act as if they are the boss
if only not for recession I will still be working at this firm but I was unfortunate that I was one of the selected that need to leave.
by we were well compensated.
Safety Priority First,good work Culture
Instrumentation Engineer(GAT) (Former Employee), Nashik, MHFebruary 17, 2014
for learning is lot thing.safety precaution,management has talented & helpful.co-worker r very hard working.i was learn their how to take decision.
Good Workspace
Territory Sales Officer (Current Employee), Ranchi, JHFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: good company, good facilities, good package
Cons: manager oriented, no job timings followed
Its a good co. to work with. The day starts with a motto of doing something different with an objective of achieveing goal. The journey so far is very good full of learning, as a young mgmt professional I learned many things like team building, leadership skills which gonna help me in future.

The colleagues are very helpful, you will always feel like – more... a family as they will be always there to accompany you.

I havent found anything hard related to job as of now but had many enjoyable moments which includes team working, team bonding etc – less
Typical day at work
International Export Customer Specialist (Current Employee), LeatherheadFebruary 14, 2014
• Always maintain a high standard of work combined with exceptional productivity.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills which is beneficial when dealing with advisors.
• Ability to recognize diverse skills within the team and progress these for the benefit of the company.
• Excellent coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to plan – more... and provide feedback on personal development.
• Excellent communication skills when dealing with internal and external queries and also when building contacts.
• Plethora of knowledge gained in all duties.
• Always strive to obtain as much information as possible when completing a task. Therefore always keeping my personal knowledge at a very high standard.
• Work well under pressure, producing high quality of work at all times.
• Remain positive even in the face of negativity and also the ability to promote this feeling within the organization and team.
• Ability to provide support and share knowledge and expertise with the team at all times.
• Aware of Customer first values and constantly strives to deliver exceptional customer service. Always demonstrating an enthusiastic approach to tasks.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs due to intensive exposure to the systems in a work environment.
• Prioritize workloads in tight deadlines still producing the quality of work expected.
• Highly motivated and skilled in motivating others.
• The ability to become an expert in process and procedure very quickly. – less
TERRITORY SALES OFFICER IN HUL
TERRITORY SALES OFFICER (Current Employee), KURNOOL APFebruary 13, 2014
Handling RS and sales team 25 peoples and there targets
ROI and sales planing new products launch etc..
fun workplace but also very productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 9, 2014
Cons: long hours
The Employees at unilever are very freindly and they create a very nice working environment. in the years that i've been working for this company, i've received a lot of training. Unilever is very good when it comes to training its employees.
The hardest part of the job is that you work for twelve hours but once you're there, the employees and management – more... make you wish you didn't have to go home. – less
exciting with everyday challengers
assistant engineer (Current Employee), Durban, ZNFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: ability to improve oneself
managing a big team of artisans.
learning to work with peoples behaviours on a daily basis
attend lots of meetings
self driven and make own decisions
manage budgets, small projects.
Productive and friendly work environment
Indirect Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPFebruary 7, 2014
I did not have a work routine because each day I did something new to do and I liked because it was very productive and I learned something everyday. I was responsible for all purchases of Marketing Promotion Merchandise over than € 10K for Brazil.

I participated in a project which the company was internalizing some services that were with a third – more... party. I attended many training to know the tools that the company uses to work everyday and I had several meetings with people from another company to know the details of contracts, suppliers and projects in progress. Also I supported the implementation of strategy of suppliers defined by regional or global team, ensuring the implementation of the assumptions set out in the bidding.

The friendly work environment was very important for the beginning and many co-workers were willing to help each other.

For this job, the key competencies that I used were predisposition to action, commitment to team work, and high level of responsibility because it was necessary to manage all currents projects, start new projects and be able to use all tools available. With this experience at work I can say that now I developed strong analytical skills, and the ability to manage multiple demands that I can apply to my future job. – less
not productive but fun place
Take Back Coordinator (Former Employee), Jaipur, RJFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free tours
Cons: long hours
Kaushik Brothers is a Agent of Hindustan Unilever and It was import & Export of Cosmetic Goods to Distributors in all Rajasthan.
operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), hyderabadFebruary 5, 2014
Stock audit & floor supervising &up date Mis daily to client

inward and out ward updation.Arrange the vehicle customer based .
productive in Badmenton
QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA/QC) (Former Employee), Manila, P00February 4, 2014
Pros: qa packaging
Cons: short break
Start working at 6 am to 4 pm
I learned a lot of thing's how to be a Independent person
good work if you can get shifts
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), leedsFebruary 4, 2014
the workplace is good and the pay is good it is just a matter of weather or not you can get shifts
Brand Management
Global Brand Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 4, 2014
10 years experience in Global brand management in Unilever
FMCG business
Experience in food & ice-cream category

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more