Unilever

Unilever Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cultured work place
Executive (Former Employee), Kandla, GJJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: team
Cons: distance
good team work and experienced workforce
most enjoyable thing is roles and responsibilities are clear
Nice
Certified Maintenance Mechanic, Instrument Tech (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Nice place to work, good people to work with.lllllllllllllllllllllllll
Fun workplace
ADMINISTRATOR (MASTER DATA MANAGEMENT) (Former Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14January 7, 2015
Pros: staff benefit such as special discount for company products.
Cons: salary bureaucracy and internal politics career progression
- flexible working hours
- workplace very nice view
- nice workplace with collaborative co-workers
- a lot of staff benefit such as special discount for company products.
top employers all over the world, the cradle of marketing
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: high salary, fast growth
Cons: pressure, competitive
- think like a chairman, act like a doorman
- nicest and most excellent people to work with
- fast paced
- always stay in the front of trend
- always need to chanllenge self out of comfort zone, but can learn and grow tremendously
- performance driven while still people oriented: have fixed agile working, office has gym, grocery store; each one has mentor and buddy to learn and grow together
Good learning environment and culture of growth
Distributor Executive (Current Employee), Tzaneen, LPJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexibility to try new things
Cons: career growth limited due to my current location, but i am looking to relocate to gauteng
Unilever has a great culture in terms of being able to work collaboratively with other stakeholders across what is which quite a flat hierarchical structure.

I have been able to learn a lot in a short space of time.

While I work under little to no direct supervision, I do have a very good communication platform with my management team as well as my colleagues in other parts of the country.

The reason I am looking to move is that, in spite of being told of the great value I have added to the business, in order to progress/be promoted, I would need exposure (lateral moves) in other parts of the business. My current location does not allow for this, and I do feel that my previous management experience stands me in good stead to be promoted.

I am thus looking for other opportunities to get into a job fit wherein I can grow and add more value suited to my skills and experience.
Break room
Freezer Stacker (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 3, 2015
It would be nice if the Break room for the freezer department was just as advanced as the other departments in the factory. The freezer workers are just as important if not more important to the company than those who actually create the Ice Cream itself.
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Being a temporary employee, I don't have much to say. Only worked at one site and everyone was very friendly and nice.
Nice people, short work period.
Plant Engineer (Former Employee), Argo, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: not manufaturing at my location
8am start day with opportunity to learn new things. This was my very first job that wasn't in a manufacturing environment.

The department that I worked in was newly formed and latter disbanded. The market that the company was in, was getting outdated.
management
warehouse production tech (Former Employee), Raeford, NCDecember 30, 2014
Cons: benefits
Worse management ever. They really done seem to care and it shows because they are just as messy as their employees. The hours are long and if you don't plan for the day right you won't get breaks and find yourself taking lunch at almost the end of the day. So many people with an unprofessional attitude and so rude. After working their I don't buy any of their products, anything with a U on it I won't touch.
Boring, not Challenging enough.
I.T Administrator (Current Employee), Durban, ZNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: i am still working with technology
Cons: not challenging enough
Boring, not Challenging enough, come to work answer the phone, help users with problems they have , log tickets once done, communicate with users and teams via e-mails and Lync, come to work the next day same thing, the same problems over and over day after day.
Awesome company - very supportive of the community, those in need and environmentally conscious
Finance Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MODecember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, discounted unilever products at the company store : axe, dive, lipton products, knorr, vaseline, suave, etc.
Cons: none that come to mind
Unilever is an amazing company, the only reason I am not there still is that my family needed me in Springfield, Missouri, and the closest plant is 3 1/2 hours away.

Unilever is very progressive and compensates well for the work that is expected. I learned so much in the eight years I was there.

I left on good terms with management and have references to show that from the plant manager and the finance manager.

I brought with me three skills sets to market:

* Procurements: Ariba - P2P, SAP
* Accounts Payables - electronic invoicing and large purchase orders and how they interface
* Basic accounting in SAP - journal entries, reporting production, cycle counts and production monitoring from intermix to finished goods
MIS ASSISTANT 3 years EXP
MIS ASSISTANT (Current Employee), BelapurDecember 16, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
Handling Daily Sales Reports.
daily , Weekley , monthly & Quareterly Reports.
How the FMCG CO. works.
Good Management,
Co-workers are Co-operative.
fun workplace
Sales & Merchandising Clerk (Former Employee), manilaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free uniform
Cons: 8hours
they give complete uniform for us to be elegant at the store and give insentives when we reach our quota
A COMPLETE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Marketing Development Local Chief (Former Employee), HondurasDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: payment
Loved working for Unilever! It was a great learning experience. The company takes in account your abilities and skills and enhances them to their potential.
Fun workplace with great people
Chemist (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 10, 2014
I learned a lot here. I learned how to work with many types of people across different teams and was introduced to the world of consumer products.
Feels Like Home
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working at Unilever! I gained a lot experience in physical measurements of soaps, lotions, deodorants, hair care products, etc.
Great place to work.
Sr. Finance Manager (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a varied group of people on the team. Culture was based around consensus around decisions. This can be good and bad. Good in that everyone is on board with decisions and feels included. Bad in that it sometimes takes a while to reach a decision.
Great place for young people to grow and develop
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), LeatherheadDecember 2, 2014
Cons: very long hours - and only partly at your own discretion y
Busy environment at all times , right from start of the day to the end - everyday .
Productive and Challenging
Technical Executive (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, car, and home
Cons: long hours
• Overall responsibilities of independently handling the outsourced plant operations
• Computing the performance data across plant and benchmarking the best in class
• Coordinating with R&D team, new product concept, developing the process and helping to implementing new launches.
• Implementation of Quality systems e.g. HACCP, BRC Standards, HH pillar. Take lead in implementation of requirements of these systems.
• To work towards continuous improvement of product quality, food safety and plant/personal hygiene. Regular monitoring of process wastage and work to reduce the same to deliver raw material and packing material utilization above set standards
• Monitor plant downtime and work to reduce the same by focus on manpower availability, spares availability, preventive maintenance, etc.
• Responsible for innovation in formulation and packing and supporting R&D during trails.
• Development and training of people on the shop floor, manage 3 shift executives, one each in every shift.
• Regular review of plant performance, make action plans for continuous improvement of product quality, productivity, food safety, operating cost and coordinate with third party for implementation of these action plans.
• Regular interaction with raw material, packing material suppliers for timely feedback on supply/quality issues and resolve the same.
• Ensuring products are produced as per compliance with systems implementation like TPM
• Responsible for interacting with category commercial departments & 3P cell to download price circulars, price codes to ensure compliance of new product launches. – more...
• To plan production based on market requirement, coordinate to ensure availability of required raw material and packing material at all times in the plant. Coordinate material movement and shipment plan.
• Responsible for the delivery of committed production volumes as per the production plan and supporting the plant operation in achieving the production target.
• Responsible to liaise and communicate between the 2P Units and various other stake holders of HUL business such as commercial dept., 3P cell, planning and logistics, CQA – Central quality assurance, R&D and handle dispatches. – less
It was good.
SAP ABAP Developer (Current Employee), KADecember 1, 2014
The timings were not at all feasible.
It was working in shifts.
24*7 support

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more