Unilever Employee Reviews

Great company and culture
Corporate Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ON24 February 2016
Great opportunity for career advancement. Offers education & health benefits. Very high on sustainability. They're a blue chip company, so there is great stability. They have a global presence.
Good Place to work
Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2016
Very fun place to work at, it helps to hone and develop skills and helps build character. Also has a good working environment.
Pros
money
Cons
small company
Consumer goods
Sr SHE Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 November 2015
Job has its challenges with considerable red tape and unclear communication amongst the business. The people are their best assets.
great place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2015
working at unilever of Canada is fun, drivers comes in with load and we unload them, we use the RF Scanner to receive the goods and sometime I do bulk pick with the counterbalance and reach truck, co- workers were great, management too was great, after all unilever is a great company to work for.
Best company goo pay
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2015
Best work place best benefits good pay management
Takecare workers free safety lunches discounts prices company products every year two pairs safety shoes
Pros
free safey lunches
many years of above average income
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 September 2015
The company closed unexpectedly but was an excellent employer with great wages and benefits. They were always generous to their employees and treated us well.
packer
LIFT TRUCK OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton10 August 2015
I did not like this company very much. they treated there staff very poorly and with disrespect. i would not recomenned this company to anybody
Very good salary and benefits package
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON31 July 2015
Good place to work . Fast paced environment that can become challenging to maintain at times however there are many good people working together to grow the company in a positive way.
Work with a wonderful group of co-workers
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John NB24 July 2015
Take calls on products owned by the company. Have a great supervisor who is always there when needed. Best part of my job is when I know I have made my consumer happy and satisfied. Hardest part of my job is dealing with constant complaints and rude people.
Productive Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2015
Mentally challenging, but productive and professional workplace. Did 40 hours per week. Most enjoyable part was communicating with various staff members who worked in different departments.
Good place to work specially for blue collar.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2015
Almost top pay rate in food industry, nice co-workers, not too much pressure and you have rights to refuse some works.
Annurial Xmas party, kids party.....
Work life balance
Deductions Specialists (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2015
Working at Unilever is great experience, timings are flexible and work from home with Agile facility of remote access. Company's has Gym to stay fit at work and take breaks at regular intervals.
Exciting workplace - always something new going on
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2015
People here are motivated to do their best at all times. There are several projects going on to learn from.

Management quality has decreased over the years as the plant has had rumours of closure and reduced advancement opportunity.
Pros
Exciting learning opportunities
Cons
Long hours, poor management recently
Productive and fun work environment , like a family >
Labeler, Assistant Cook, Cook, Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 November 2014
I learned a variety of different duties and positions as I wanted to be able to understood how things travelled done the line
Productive, learning and fun
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  others26 October 2014
Excellent work culture and lots of learning, target oriented and focused on quality and safety.
awesome company to work for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton22 September 2014
Very friendly work environment and challenging as well. Front line workers and my colleagues are friendly and helpful.
the typical day is the wonderful environment, fun, positive, and encouraging.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the environment, you can never feel the tiredness and the time that passes. mostly on Fridays we have different event just for appreciate us to work there. that shows the value of the company.
the management is very fair and awesome. my manager and my supervisor they're such a great people.
Pros
Lovely company, engaging leadership, family atmosphere, constantly evolving, good training ground, possibility of international assignments if you are a high performer
Cons
the long conference meetings, following international work standards and the project deadlines.
Unilever Review
Maintenance Stores Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON19 September 2014
Great company to work for, lots of potential growth. Fast growing company.
Great career growth opportunities and development
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  toronto8 September 2014
structured place to work with good support from management. Unilever will always work to develop and grow your skills. Pitfalls are the competitive nature of employees there most often at the expense of company goals.
Productive and fun atmopshere
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2014
.A professional work place, a good management , professional atmosphere between coworkers and a harassment free atmosphere. It was an enjoyable job since I enjoy and love working with number and analysing figures.
Pros
Good atmosphere between coworkers
Cons
Load of work
Poor work environment
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON23 July 2014
Could be a great place but the environment has apparently gone down hill since Unilever bought the little ice cream plant. The plant may not be around for too much longer according to the current manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2