Unilever Employee Reviews

Food processing/Quality management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON17 March 2016
I have learned a great deal on the process of investigating nonconformance's and developing root cause/ corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
Pros
Great experience working in a food processing plant
Cons
Lack of management/ training
fast paced work and depressing atmosphere
Light Labourer (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 March 2016
Light labourers receive only one week training on a couple of lines, but following week are thrown onto lines they have never stepped foot on and are different. Rotating shifts is misleading, fulltimers bump you and you get last minute nights or afternoons, no days.
Meanwhile the condescending people that have worked there for years, are miserable, bossy and impatient with the new hires.
Some say they are there to work not make friends, but it wouldn't hurt them to be FRIENDLY!
The work is not so difficult once you get the hang of it, the atmosphere is depressing.
Pros
decent wage for this area
Cons
bullying co-workers
Structured
Warehouse Person / Receiver / Operator / Forklift (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 February 2016
Clean and pleasant working environment. Smells good inside and they manufacture very tasty products. The wage is really good also with a lot of overtime.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
They are closing down and moving to the US.
Great Enviroment
Contractor Site Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON25 February 2016
Everybody was very respectful and responsive. Safety Culture very much alive at Unilever. Plant manager very safety conscious.
Pros
Good People
Great company and culture
Corporate Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ON24 February 2016
Great opportunity for career advancement. Offers education & health benefits. Very high on sustainability. They're a blue chip company, so there is great stability. They have a global presence.
Good Place to work
Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2016
Very fun place to work at, it helps to hone and develop skills and helps build character. Also has a good working environment.
Pros
money
Cons
small company
Consumer goods
Sr SHE Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 November 2015
Job has its challenges with considerable red tape and unclear communication amongst the business. The people are their best assets.
great place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2015
working at unilever of Canada is fun, drivers comes in with load and we unload them, we use the RF Scanner to receive the goods and sometime I do bulk pick with the counterbalance and reach truck, co- workers were great, management too was great, after all unilever is a great company to work for.
BEST COMPANY GOO PAY
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2015
BEST WORK PLACE BEST BENEFITS GOOD PAY MANAGEMENT
TAKECARE WORKERS FREE SAFETY LUNCHES DISCOUNTS PRICES COMPANY PRODUCTS EVERY YEAR TWO PAIRS SAFETY SHOES
Pros
free safey lunches
many years of above average income
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 September 2015
The company closed unexpectedly but was an excellent employer with great wages and benefits. They were always generous to their employees and treated us well.
packer
LIFT TRUCK OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton10 August 2015
I did not like this company very much. they treated there staff very poorly and with disrespect. i would not recomenned this company to anybody
Very good salary and benefits package
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON31 July 2015
Good place to work . Fast paced environment that can become challenging to maintain at times however there are many good people working together to grow the company in a positive way.
Work with a wonderful group of co-workers
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John NB24 July 2015
Take calls on products owned by the company. Have a great supervisor who is always there when needed. Best part of my job is when I know I have made my consumer happy and satisfied. Hardest part of my job is dealing with constant complaints and rude people.
Productive Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2015
Mentally challenging, but productive and professional workplace. Did 40 hours per week. Most enjoyable part was communicating with various staff members who worked in different departments.
Good place to work specially for blue collar.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2015
Almost top pay rate in food industry, nice co-workers, not too much pressure and you have rights to refuse some works.
Annurial Xmas party, kids party.....
Work life balance
Deductions Specialists (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2015
Working at Unilever is great experience, timings are flexible and work from home with Agile facility of remote access. Company's has Gym to stay fit at work and take breaks at regular intervals.
Exciting workplace - always something new going on
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2015
People here are motivated to do their best at all times. There are several projects going on to learn from.

Management quality has decreased over the years as the plant has had rumours of closure and reduced advancement opportunity.
Pros
Exciting learning opportunities
Cons
Long hours, poor management recently
Productive and fun work environment , like a family >
Labeler, Assistant Cook, Cook, Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 November 2014
I learned a variety of different duties and positions as I wanted to be able to understood how things travelled done the line
Productive, learning and fun
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  others26 October 2014
Excellent work culture and lots of learning, target oriented and focused on quality and safety.
awesome company to work for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton22 September 2014
Very friendly work environment and challenging as well. Front line workers and my colleagues are friendly and helpful.
the typical day is the wonderful environment, fun, positive, and encouraging.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the environment, you can never feel the tiredness and the time that passes. mostly on Fridays we have different event just for appreciate us to work there. that shows the value of the company.
the management is very fair and awesome. my manager and my supervisor they're such a great people.
Pros
Lovely company, engaging leadership, family atmosphere, constantly evolving, good training ground, possibility of international assignments if you are a high performer
Cons
the long conference meetings, following international work standards and the project deadlines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2