Unilever
1,069 reviews

Unilever Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for.
Sr. Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: downsizing
A lot of nice people but unfortunately a lot of 'downsizing' as well.
Staff turn over is fast, job security is always a concern.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: young co-workers keep you inspired
Cons: lack of time for family
10-12 hours of working is not uncommon and also there is no proper system of carry over for the next shift. Completing all the work before end of the shift is very demanding.
Nice Company to work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 19, 2012
Challenging and busy days are common
Dedicated co-woekers
Long working hours
Benefits
Great work/life balance...with caveats
Supply chain manager (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: agile working
Cons: no stock unless you are a director or above
Unilever is big on work/life balance as a company. I have the ability to work from home as needed for early AM calls and have been able to feel confident that I can come and go as I might need for personal issues. The culture is about deliverables, not time in a chair. The caveat I mention is about some managers are not, yet, in the mindset of "Agile – more... working" as it is called here. Meaning, some managers expect butts in chairs 8-5 daily and do not allow agile working. This is unfortunate. Fortunately, my manager is interested in output, not time at a desk, which is more the norm. – less
very caring company
Administration & Commercial Manager (Former Employee), Pakistan South II RegionSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free tea, biscut, water
Cons: long hours
> A typical day at work ,managed after guest house, petty cash, safety & security around the office.
> I learned more things like administration skill,event management etc.
>My colleagues very nice and helpful we are share pressure of work .
>One time i was move my regional office city to an other city.
>When i was attended my company sales conference – more... event – less
see Unilever review above
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 29, 2014
Unilever is a CPG giant

Co Workers was key area combined with Great product offerings
good place of work
Shift engineer (Current Employee), Warrington, SAugust 28, 2014
great people to work with. good training . work and life balance need to be improved
What you learned
Territory Sales Officer - OOH Division (Current Employee), KAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: consistent and assured business
Cons: time managment
Targeting small value sales and ensuring the distributors follow the same which ensured a substantial volume and value sale.
disappointing
research associate (Former Employee), Port Sunlight, ENGAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pleasant office environment
Cons: low pay, no training, development, or career opportunities
For one of the world's largest blue chip organizations I was surprised to be paid well below the average national UK salary for a skilled position. The work environment was good with a team orientated culture. However training, development, and opportunities for advancement are non-existent which leads to frustration and stagnation in the work force. – more... I felt I had a job and not a career and that it maintained an existence rather than a life. – less
Laid Off
Bagger Technician (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYAugust 26, 2014
Laid Off sold company 300 people lost jobs, Work was good experience I leaned a lot of different tools I can use later on in life. Management was fair and co-workers were fair, the hardest part of my job was getting laid-off.
UNILEVER
Customer Executive (Current Employee), İstanbul TurkeyAugust 21, 2014
Pros: agile working policy, summer half-day working schedule at fridays, health insurance
Cons: no men and women balance, average salary
Unilever is one of the most attractive firms in Turkey. It collects best students from universities. It offers an average salary with a lot of work pressure and responsibilities. In time, Unilever chooses the ones who work 7/24 and dont complain then promotes them. If you want to be succesful in Unilever, you have to have masculine characteristics.
Decent company
Assistant Research Scientist (Former Employee), ShanghaiAugust 20, 2014
One of the biggest FMCG companies. Paid fairly. A lot of meetings.
Great and Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Covington, TNAugust 19, 2014
Essentially a heavy work load with long hours and steady emphasis on Safety and Production
Loved working at Unilever
Clinical Scientist (Former Employee), Port Sunlight, ENGAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great working environment & manager to report to.
Cons: hard to get a permanent position!
I learnt sooo much during my time at Unilever. Really enjoyed the work I was set and the Manager I reported to was very competent, helpful and supportive.
Great
OTM Procurement Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 19, 2014
9-5pm.
great company culture.
casual work enviroment.
young and smart people
excellent work place
Packaging (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 18, 2014
good to work here. This is not just a company but its an institution to learn lots of thing .
Great development
Intern (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 17, 2014
Unilever is a great place to work with many opportunities to develop in a particular function.
the most enjoyable part of the job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), pampanga ,phillippinesAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
the most enjoyable part of the job is ,to travel around your covered area and meeting new freinds and clients .and the most enjoyable among of them is when you reached your qoutas and sales for the day.
Best place to work
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Port Sunlight, ENGAugust 15, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, always room for development
Responsibilities: Maintenance of bacterial and fungal cultures, in vitro and ex vivo screening of antimicrobial products, qPCR and sequencing of DNA samples.
Techniques learned: qPCR, ex vivo studies, enhanced skills in sequencing and analysis of DNA sequence, using automated machinery (Ex: for culture plate preparation, spiral plate reader etc), writing – more... CoSHH and Risk Assessments,
Worked efficiently both individually and as a part of team. – less
Fast Paced Environment where you have so much fun doing sales and learn a lot. Plus there is ping pong table and fussball table :)
Brand Activation Executive (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 13, 2014
- Typical day consists of meeting customers, interacting with colleagues from shopper marketing and category, supporting the sales team in achieving their targets
- My team mates are hard working, passionate individuals who love to chase the target set before them
- Even though targets can be challenging to achieve, one must realize that in this industry – more... it is truly a team game and it is necessary to make sure entire supply chain involved in achieving your targets on board with your plan. There are can mix ups and failures in between, The important thing is to learn from your mistake and move forward. Should have a never give up attitude.
- When myself and achieve out targets, that day is really wonderful and we get to go home happy to our family. – less

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more