Unilever Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Manufacturing Excellence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Productive workplace with good team support. Management trying to make changes and improve process efficiencies throughout the plant
Great Company
Creative Solutions Assistant/Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 September 2016
Everyday started with a smile and laughter :) with my co-workers , What I've learned is you really don't know what you have until it's gone so always try to work hard and appreciate what you have, I found management was fair with us all for the most part , I will miss my co-workers :( we all worked great together as a solid team,Hardest part would be the tight deadlines that popped up out of nowhere so we learned to expect the unexpected and to try to stay ahead , i always enjoyed the work functions and diff games we'd play
Pros
We could take our lunches when we wanted
Tâches Principales
Cat op's (6 mois); CD op's (2an et 5mois) (Former Employee) –  Tunis, ON7 September 2016
Ma première expérience en contrôle de Gestion,
J'ai tout appris, Chaque matin le reporting commercial de toutes les gammes, L'analyse du chiffre d'affaire par rapport au objectifs, Étudier et revoir le YTG après chaque fin du mois, voir la faisabilité des promo avec les équipes marketing et la direction commercial, Challenger les commerciaux et faire le suivie de leurs ventes et primes la fin du mois,
Chaque fin du mois je prépare la présentation du CA en collaboration avec tous les département je fais la présentation commercial et je consolide avec les département Trade Marketing, Marketing et le département Financier,
Pros
Travail d'équipe
Cons
lenteur dans la prise de décision (multinational la direction à Dubai)
Fun, laid back workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Laid back environment, wonderful management and supervisors, fun and outgoing coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is just getting people to talk to you and stop to hear what you have to say.
Overall I enjoyed to work there
Machine operator, Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Entire Plant30 August 2016
Very nice place to work in. The management team supports their employees. Always felt safe in the environment, co-workers were nice people and easy to get along with. Good pay and good benefit
Fun to be with the company in a short time.
Certified Industrial Mechanic- IMM - LP11 (Former Employee) –  Toronto & Brampton, ON25 August 2016
There was not much complain or criticize of the work at this company as usual. Came in report for work, there was a production target set on the board, all employees in the shift just followed the schedule and performed work as per schedule.

The only issue in this company that caused me more problem was chemical used for product. The plant was running powder detergent products.

In return, we were not under any close supervision. We just followed the schedule and do our duties.
Pros
Well paid job.
Cons
Health issue due to chemical used for product.
Productive and Fun place with Awsome people
Manufacturing Area Leader-Sr.Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 May 2016
Lots of learning and team building activities.
worked on many projects.
Very hard working people.
Fully enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Great company to work for...
Cons
its cloding in july 2016
A company with high regards to Safety, Quality and Reliability
Packaging Mechanic/Millwright (Current Employee) –  307 Orenda Road Brampton17 May 2016
Unilever Bramalea is a very good company to work with. The company is implementing TPM( Total Productive Maintenance) which greatly contributes to the continuous improvement and Zero losses throughout the plant.
Good Pay, but Worth it?
Light Labourer (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON2 May 2016
You stand on a line, and rotate where you're standing every few minutes. Your schedules are rarely in the same place, and they can and do change your shifts without telling you. Then blame you when you don't know when you're working.
Pros
Free Ice cream, when on breaks or lunch.
Cons
No room for advancement, and very unclear rules and guidelines.
I do not recommend anyone to work for this company
SHE, Safety, Health Environment Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoe9 April 2016
This by far has been the worst company I ever worked for. The culture was change to one that you must work and forget about the life balance!
productive , fun place to work
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON23 March 2016
testing product hourly, most enjoyable interacting with operators and management and co-workers working as a team. Being happy and calm and made friends was the most satisfying part of my for 39.5 years.
Pros
working enviroment
Food processing/Quality management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON17 March 2016
I have learned a great deal on the process of investigating nonconformance's and developing root cause/ corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
Pros
Great experience working in a food processing plant
Cons
Lack of management/ training
fast paced work and depressing atmosphere
Light Labourer (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 March 2016
Light labourers receive only one week training on a couple of lines, but following week are thrown onto lines they have never stepped foot on and are different. Rotating shifts is misleading, fulltimers bump you and you get last minute nights or afternoons, no days.
Meanwhile the condescending people that have worked there for years, are miserable, bossy and impatient with the new hires.
Some say they are there to work not make friends, but it wouldn't hurt them to be FRIENDLY!
The work is not so difficult once you get the hang of it, the atmosphere is depressing.
Pros
decent wage for this area
Cons
bullying co-workers
Structured
Warehouse Person / Receiver / Operator / Forklift (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 February 2016
Clean and pleasant working environment. Smells good inside and they manufacture very tasty products. The wage is really good also with a lot of overtime.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
They are closing down and moving to the US.
Great Enviroment
Contractor Site Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON25 February 2016
Everybody was very respectful and responsive. Safety Culture very much alive at Unilever. Plant manager very safety conscious.
Pros
Good People
Great company and culture
Corporate Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ON24 February 2016
Great opportunity for career advancement. Offers education & health benefits. Very high on sustainability. They're a blue chip company, so there is great stability. They have a global presence.
Good Place to work
Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2016
Very fun place to work at, it helps to hone and develop skills and helps build character. Also has a good working environment.
Pros
money
Cons
small company
Esprit d'équipe Unilever
Account Manager Unilever Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2016
J'ai travaillé moins de deux années chez Unilever. Je pensais jamais que j'aurais autant aimé visité des épiceries et des pharmacies. Quand on m'a promu responsable de comptes, j'ai demandé à mon patron s'il était possible de continuer un peu sur la route:)

Unilever a été une incroyable école. Lors des dernières 9 années, j'ai appliqué les apprentissages Unilever sur l'exécution en magasin à chacune de mes visites en magasin.

merci!

Fabien
Consumer goods
Sr SHE Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 November 2015
Job has its challenges with considerable red tape and unclear communication amongst the business. The people are their best assets.
great place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2015
working at unilever of Canada is fun, drivers comes in with load and we unload them, we use the RF Scanner to receive the goods and sometime I do bulk pick with the counterbalance and reach truck, co- workers were great, management too was great, after all unilever is a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2