Unilever Employee Reviews

A great organization to work for
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
Unilever is one of the best organizations in the World work for. They expect you to work hard, however you hard work won't go unrecognized, and you will be rewarded appropriately!
However if you are looking for career advancement within Canada this may not be the place for you. People turnover and senior positions are rare to come by.
gone
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 March 2017
It was a good place to work however after 50 years of operation they closed the place to move to U.S. guess we have Ontario government to thank for that
coop placement
Financial Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
Great place to work! Supportive team members, opportunity to learn a great deal from knowledgeable and passionate management as well as coworkers.
productive and encouraging
Turret/ counter balance operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2017
Company no longer exists in Canada after 50 years in Brampton. Company has rebuilt in the United States.
Great pension plan
Management is extremely bad as well as HR staff.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON8 February 2017
Don't dare report a safety issue -- it will cost you your job. They preach safety until it cost them money to make something safe.

Worst thing Uniliver has done is pay bonuses to management. They nickle and dime us.

Stay away from Uniliver Simcoe!!
The best place to work
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
Unilever is the best place to work in Ontario. for me, it's a heaven.
From top to bottom the place was the best place ever I worked.
can't explain in my words.
Good work/life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Company was allowed agile working and good benefits compensation. The workload was big on most people. The co-workers were nice. It offered a lot of opportunities in multiple countries.
Pros
agile working
Cons
long hour
Good place to excel in career
QA Technician/HACCP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON17 January 2017
A good place to work with your career. Many things to learn in your day to day things. Offers a lot to learn, the training program is really good at site
work family, caring
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 December 2016
Felt comfortable and secure. Everyone worked together like a family. Irate consumers were trying, Being recognized, for going above and beyond.
Pros
free lunches, christmas parties, summer parties
Cons
call volume very high/stressful
was a family/very caring/fun
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 November 2016
Was at Unilever for 13 years and learned much about my self and how different departments worked. Co-workers were like family and we always worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was when the computers failed and we had to go on paper, also new computer programs usually did not meet agents needs quickly, lagged too long for keeping calls within time window. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and management, always there to help and give support, also when consumers ended the call with a very happy attitude on what was done for them.
Pros
Hard work was noticed and rewarded-free lunches-potlucks-outings
Cons
irrate calls
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2016
Was an excellent company to work for and also had some of the best people I had the honor of working with.
received a lot of training over the years and made even more friends.
Pros
great company
Cons
Plant closer
Good work environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON8 November 2016
Rexdale plant is a diverse and interesting workplace with many ups and downs. The work ethic of the plant needs a lot of work, very social environment but not enough commitment to work.
Productive Workplace
Manufacturing Excellence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Productive workplace with good team support. Management trying to make changes and improve process efficiencies throughout the plant
Great Company
Creative Solutions Assistant/Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 September 2016
Everyday started with a smile and laughter :) with my co-workers , What I've learned is you really don't know what you have until it's gone so always try to work hard and appreciate what you have, I found management was fair with us all for the most part , I will miss my co-workers :( we all worked great together as a solid team,Hardest part would be the tight deadlines that popped up out of nowhere so we learned to expect the unexpected and to try to stay ahead , i always enjoyed the work functions and diff games we'd play
Pros
We could take our lunches when we wanted
Fun, laid back workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Laid back environment, wonderful management and supervisors, fun and outgoing coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is just getting people to talk to you and stop to hear what you have to say.
Overall I enjoyed to work there
Machine operator, Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Entire Plant30 August 2016
Very nice place to work in. The management team supports their employees. Always felt safe in the environment, co-workers were nice people and easy to get along with. Good pay and good benefit
Fun to be with the company in a short time.
Certified Industrial Mechanic- IMM - LP11 (Former Employee) –  Toronto & Brampton, ON25 August 2016
There was not much complain or criticize of the work at this company as usual. Came in report for work, there was a production target set on the board, all employees in the shift just followed the schedule and performed work as per schedule.

The only issue in this company that caused me more problem was chemical used for product. The plant was running powder detergent products.

In return, we were not under any close supervision. We just followed the schedule and do our duties.
Pros
Well paid job.
Cons
Health issue due to chemical used for product.
Productive and Fun place with Awsome people
Manufacturing Area Leader-Sr.Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 May 2016
Lots of learning and team building activities.
worked on many projects.
Very hard working people.
Fully enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Great company to work for...
Cons
its cloding in july 2016
A company with high regards to Safety, Quality and Reliability
Packaging Mechanic/Millwright (Current Employee) –  307 Orenda Road Brampton17 May 2016
Unilever Bramalea is a very good company to work with. The company is implementing TPM( Total Productive Maintenance) which greatly contributes to the continuous improvement and Zero losses throughout the plant.
Good Pay, but Worth it?
Light Labourer (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON2 May 2016
You stand on a line, and rotate where you're standing every few minutes. Your schedules are rarely in the same place, and they can and do change your shifts without telling you. Then blame you when you don't know when you're working.
Pros
Free Ice cream, when on breaks or lunch.
Cons
No room for advancement, and very unclear rules and guidelines.

4.2