Unilever Employee Reviews

was a family/very caring/fun
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 November 2016
Was at Unilever for 13 years and learned much about my self and how different departments worked. Co-workers were like family and we always worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was when the computers failed and we had to go on paper, also new computer programs usually did not meet agents needs quickly, lagged too long for keeping calls within time window. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and management, always there to help and give support, also when consumers ended the call with a very happy attitude on what was done for them.
Pros
Hard work was noticed and rewarded-free lunches-potlucks-outings
Cons
irrate calls
Great Company
Creative Solutions Assistant/Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 September 2016
Everyday started with a smile and laughter :) with my co-workers , What I've learned is you really don't know what you have until it's gone so always try to work hard and appreciate what you have, I found management was fair with us all for the most part , I will miss my co-workers :( we all worked great together as a solid team,Hardest part would be the tight deadlines that popped up out of nowhere so we learned to expect the unexpected and to try to stay ahead , i always enjoyed the work functions and diff games we'd play
Pros
We could take our lunches when we wanted
Cons
Fun to be with the company in a short time.
Certified Industrial Mechanic- IMM - LP11 (Former Employee) –  Toronto & Brampton, ON25 August 2016
There was not much complain or criticize of the work at this company as usual. Came in report for work, there was a production target set on the board, all employees in the shift just followed the schedule and performed work as per schedule.

The only issue in this company that caused me more problem was chemical used for product. The plant was running powder detergent products.

In return, we were not under any close supervision. We just followed the schedule and do our duties.
Pros
Well paid job.
Cons
Health issue due to chemical used for product.
Good work/life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Company was allowed agile working and good benefits compensation. The workload was big on most people. The co-workers were nice. It offered a lot of opportunities in multiple countries.
Pros
agile working
Cons
long hour
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2016
Was an excellent company to work for and also had some of the best people I had the honor of working with.
received a lot of training over the years and made even more friends.
Pros
great company
Cons
Plant closer
Productive Workplace
Manufacturing Excellence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Productive workplace with good team support. Management trying to make changes and improve process efficiencies throughout the plant
Fun, laid back workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Laid back environment, wonderful management and supervisors, fun and outgoing coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is just getting people to talk to you and stop to hear what you have to say.
Good Pay, but Worth it?
Light Labourer (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON2 May 2016
You stand on a line, and rotate where you're standing every few minutes. Your schedules are rarely in the same place, and they can and do change your shifts without telling you. Then blame you when you don't know when you're working.
Pros
Free Ice cream, when on breaks or lunch.
Cons
No room for advancement, and very unclear rules and guidelines.
Productive and Fun place with Awsome people
Manufacturing Area Leader-Sr.Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 May 2016
Lots of learning and team building activities.
worked on many projects.
Very hard working people.
Fully enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Great company to work for...
Cons
its cloding in july 2016
fast paced work and depressing atmosphere
Light Labourer (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 March 2016
Light labourers receive only one week training on a couple of lines, but following week are thrown onto lines they have never stepped foot on and are different. Rotating shifts is misleading, fulltimers bump you and you get last minute nights or afternoons, no days.
Meanwhile the condescending people that have worked there for years, are miserable, bossy and impatient with the new hires.
Some say they are there to work not make friends, but it wouldn't hurt them to be FRIENDLY!
The work is not so difficult once you get the hang of it, the atmosphere is depressing.
Pros
decent wage for this area
Cons
bullying co-workers
Food processing/Quality management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON17 March 2016
I have learned a great deal on the process of investigating nonconformance's and developing root cause/ corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
Pros
Great experience working in a food processing plant
Cons
Lack of management/ training
productive , fun place to work
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON23 March 2016
testing product hourly, most enjoyable interacting with operators and management and co-workers working as a team. Being happy and calm and made friends was the most satisfying part of my for 39.5 years.
Pros
working enviroment
Cons
I do not recommend anyone to work for this company
SHE, Safety, Health Environment Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoe9 April 2016
This by far has been the worst company I ever worked for. The culture was change to one that you must work and forget about the life balance!
Structured
Warehouse Person / Receiver / Operator / Forklift (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 February 2016
Clean and pleasant working environment. Smells good inside and they manufacture very tasty products. The wage is really good also with a lot of overtime.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
They are closing down and moving to the US.
Good Place to work
Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2016
Very fun place to work at, it helps to hone and develop skills and helps build character. Also has a good working environment.
Pros
money
Cons
small company
Work with a wonderful group of co-workers
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John NB24 July 2015
Take calls on products owned by the company. Have a great supervisor who is always there when needed. Best part of my job is when I know I have made my consumer happy and satisfied. Hardest part of my job is dealing with constant complaints and rude people.
Lipton Canada (Unilever) was a great place to work!
Lead project developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2014
Lipton fostered personal skills as well as providing Time Management training and Project Management training.

I was encouraged and rewarded with cash bonuses to meet project deadlines on time and under budget.

The CFO of Lipton Canada had an amazing memory. He could have one conversation with you, and remember the details of that conversation, almost word-for-word, as well as who was in your family and how old they were, months or years later!

Very comfortable place to work with a great view of Bloor St. in Toronto!
Pros
Excellent work environment, with great pay and bonuses.
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.
Very friendly environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 February 2014
• Assisted in monthly Flash Report with commentary on variances for senior managers
• Supported cost center managers in updating Scorecards and variance explanation
• Monitored KPIs and followed up with respective managers after doing trend analysis
• Month end journal entries for accruals and expense allocations
• Assisted in Budgeting and LE quarterly update, populating templates, back up files and assumptions
• Assisted in standard cost half yearly update and running cost roll up in SAP
• Inventory reconciliation, investigation and inventory adjustment, write off proposal
• Entering vendor invoices in APSS for coding and management approval
Machine Operator and Mix Flavour
Machine Operator, Mix Flavour (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON9 October 2012
An excellent job for a person my age but there is a large gap between what happens on the factory floor and what the supervisors believe can be done. At times there is a huge lack of communication between what the workers can do and what the supervisors think can be done. The managers need to have a better grasp of what the factory is capable of.
Pros
great pay, good co-workers
Cons
forced overtime, supervisors knowledge
good
management trainee (Former Employee) –  toronto4 November 2013
• Calculated return on investment for Hypermarket channels and projected payback period for new Vaseline SKU. As a result, achieved an increase in market share of 40% in 2010 per AC Nielson.
• Analyzed deodorant trends for male consumers and recommended pricing strategy for Axe brand in Greater China, improved total deodorant (Deo) profit margins by 10% with a sales growth of 50%.
• Forecasted and analyzed twelve-month P&L with revised templates, reduced variances by 60%.
• Calculated the cannibalization rate between Axe and Dove Deo and formulated shelving strategy.
• Developed spend reporting and completed financial analysis on actual vs forecasted spend
• Reconciled general ledger and performed month end closing, identified and removed discrepancies.

4.2