management trainee (Former Employee) – toronto – 4 November 2013
• Calculated return on investment for Hypermarket channels and projected payback period for new Vaseline SKU. As a result, achieved an increase in market share of 40% in 2010 per AC Nielson. • Analyzed deodorant trends for male consumers and recommended pricing strategy for Axe brand in Greater China, improved total deodorant (Deo) profit margins by 10% with a sales growth of 50%. • Forecasted and analyzed twelve-month P&L with revised templates, reduced variances by 60%. • Calculated the cannibalization rate between Axe and Dove Deo and formulated shelving strategy. • Developed spend reporting and completed financial analysis on actual vs forecasted spend • Reconciled general ledger and performed month end closing, identified and removed discrepancies.
Sales (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – 11 October 2017
Worked there on an internship. Manager didn't enforce the whole "work-life balance" culture that everyone else got to take advantage of. The quality of the internship was horrible - mainly just reporting and printing out things for people. Didn't feel that I actually learned a lot.
company is also changing a lot, going to ZBB. Really impacting the work culture
Expected to put in extra hours, no praise, bad intern experience
Seasonal Light Labour (Former Employee) – Simcoe, ON – 17 September 2017
The Unilever Simcoe plant is a very clean and welcoming environment with safety as their number one priority. Every employee brings forth their best efforts in order to ensure that things are running smoothly. Management is always there to listen and to provide a solution when you bring up an issue within the plant. The most difficult part of working for Unilever is that if you are a seasonal employee, shift work may be hard for you to get used to. Also, standing for the entirety of your shift may be difficult for people as well. In my opinion, the most enjoyable part of working for Unilever is that you are always able to safely communicate with your coworkers while on the production floor. There isn't many positions where you are isolated and unable to have a conversation. All in all, Unilever is an excellent place for people to work, especially for students who are looking to make some extra cash during the summer months.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) – Brampton, ON – 29 August 2017
I liked working here and would still be working here if the plant did not move its production to the United States. Management was fair and did not get in your way in your daily job. Friendly coworkers made for a good atmosphere.
mix maker/BOD (Former Employee) – Simcoe, ON – 18 August 2017
Ive learned alot sense working at Unliver. ive met great people and have had an amazing enironment to work in. The work is easy and I like the pase. All around a great job to work at just sucked that it was only seasonal.
Order Picker (Former Employee) – Brampton, ON – 1 June 2017
A typical day of work consisted of packaging products. The culture was very robotic and strict. Management was very well organized Hardest part of the job would be working at a super fast pace to get the products ready
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – 26 March 2017
Unilever is one of the best organizations in the World work for. They expect you to work hard, however you hard work won't go unrecognized, and you will be rewarded appropriately! However if you are looking for career advancement within Canada this may not be the place for you. People turnover and senior positions are rare to come by.