UniFirst

UniFirst Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long hours, bad management
Truck Driver (Former Employee), calgary abJuly 3, 2014
Poor management, all works were over worked. They worked hard at keeping workers happy despite how the skills displayed by the GM wasn't up to scale for a large company.
Good company, good people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
A great opportunity for sales minded individuals, best sales training i have ever had. Company provides you with all the tools to succeed.
Unifirst Meh
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2013
It has so so management, with nearly no benefits at lower level employment.
Job security within service department
Branch Manager (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: difficult work & family balance
Service department is a great place to start to work through the company as you are able to understand the dynamics of the company from the ground up.

Management is not always on the same page with one another, as UniFirst is a US based company it feels as the Canadian market is alwasy thought of last when it comes to marketing strategies.
Bad work ethics
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2012
Pros: decent salary
Cons: america style work like a dog with unrealistic goals.
Robotic script training, poor management, will not honour contracts. Out to screw their clients. Business based on broken promisses and poor service.
Well organized
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Woodstock, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits, lunch truck on site, friendly people
Cons: not enough work, dealing with insulation-filled laundry
A typical day at work including sorting laundry and unloading and loading trucks. I learned how to become a much quicker, more efficient worker. The management is well-organized, efficient, and very friendly. The hardest part of working at UniFirst was learning to pace myself. I most enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.
Unifirst
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint JohnSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: free lunch with the boss.
Cons: paperwork
Your only as good as your next sale. Company needed to spend more money on branding itself. Hard to sell their products in Canada especially on the east coast where your customers never heard of the company.
Fast Pace Environment
Outside Sales Representative/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 24, 2012
Great place for an entry level position and move up. But after time if you need a new challenge you need to move on.
This is a company that has growth space for employee's , UniFirst also holds special events for the staff to share and grow together as a family.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2012
Pros: 1.good atmosphere
Cons: 1.nothing is confidental
UniFirst offer programs such as continuing education programs for employees.Unifirst also has a great benefits program for either a single person or family.
They also promote advancement from within.
Honest, hard working, adaptable.
Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: we have a good team environment
Cons: breaks
A typical day consists of unloading mats and other material from company vehicles and replenishing clean mats. I Understand the importance of working effectively with others. I have a good raport with fellow team members, leadership, and other departments. I am flexible with schedule changes. I Contribute to the cleanliness of the facility and surrounding – more... areas. I keep commitments and adhere to attendance and punctuality guidelines. I understand how my job interacts with and supports other areas of the property. I adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures. Performing job duties in compliance with all health and safety guidelines. Thursdays are our busiest and most challenging volume day. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking ownership and meeting deadlines. – less
my job at unifirst as a production member
production member (Former Employee), corpus chrsitiSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: poor supervisors
ok job supervisors aren't too good but management is awesome so give and take job. work is tiring though.
good company, bad management
District Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Landover, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Very good company and has all the benefit but bad management and very short staff this make work harder for other.
informitive, honest, always willing to help
route sales (Former Employee), Huntington, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: u interact with your customers on a daly basis
Cons: long hours on the road
the job requires driving and delivering, the best part of the job is u get to see and interact with your customers on a weekly basis,
workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
sloppy use of management do not know how to organize workers
Overall the company is good, but very high turnover rate and don't give people a chance to build a skill set to succeed.
Sales consultant (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Management could have been more helpful. Saw people that didn't sell in their first 3 months and get canned without given a fair chance.
You're basically just a number there so if you plan on taking this job make sure you are ready to sell up to their standards immediately or you will not be given a chance to stay.
A very Productive Places to work?
Production Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: every thing was cool, a great places to work?
Cons: the breaks was kind of short
Productive,I learned a lot about,sorting,and seperating,different. Types of uniforms,folding,pressing,bagging mop heads,hanger racks,unloading in coming trucks,management,was super,a great. Very understanding,and listen to what you have to say,are your ideals,co-workers was a great buch of guys to work with.it was not. A hard job,at all,I gases the – more... sorting red and white whiper was tuff at first.monday -Fridays week ends off. – less
Productive and creative office that comes up with creative ways to overcome challenges and close business.
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great support from management and co-workers
Cons: time constraints of contractual sales
A typical day at Unifirst could either be in the office for Sales Meetings and phone blocks or out in the field meeting with customers to conduct customer needs analysis, proposals and presentations, closing deals and assisting in the installation of new accounts. The management team is very hands on and available to assist in any and every aspect of – more... the selling process necessary in order to assure the closing of deals. The co-workers are an entertaining and creative group of people who are all talented in different ways, and we often brainstorm with one another as a means to overcome objectives and penetrate new accounts.

Some of the most challenging aspects of the position were dealing with contractual sales and the constraints on those contracts, even when prospective customers were willing to make a switch with you, but after tenure in my territory, I was able to turn this challenge into a strength due to the long term rapport I was able to build. The most enjoyable part of my job is always creating the lasting relationships with the clients that I work with, and being able to help my customers improve upon their current services and also to help them reduce their overall costs of ownership. – less
Great beginner career job, pay is good. The downside is excessive hours.
District Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent benefits
Cons: guaranteed 60 hour weeks
As a Route Salesman at Unifirst, you start your route at 5 a.m. Route drivers deliver and pickup uniforms for local businesses. When driver finishes their route, they return to the shop and report their daily route to the District Supervisor who collects the account receivables for every route.
The hardest part about working for Unifirst in the long – more... hours worked. I am supervisor that works usually over 60 hours. As a salaried employee I do not receive overtime for the long hours worked. I am also in college which makes it hard to find time to study after work. – less
Good Entry Level With Opportunities for Advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYAugust 21, 2014
Good entry level job with benefits, and room to grow a career. The industry is about as mundane as it gets though.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 17, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Company that Cares about customer service and has many tools into providing as such

1 2 3 4 5

About UniFirst

UniFirst, a leading supplier of uniforms, workwear and related products to businesses big and small since 1936, provides a wide – Read more