UniFirst Employee Reviews in Canada

Great People
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2015
Good people, great atmosphere. Don't get me wrong. BUT, the work hours are very long, and management doesn't always help you if you have a problem. Pay could be better, and hours should be shorter. Overall good company.
Pros
Good Salary, Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management
set up to fail...mismanaged mess!!!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
If your looking for a great company that's organized, safety conscious, will treat you well and has a great management team .....THEN FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for, although I wasn't there for long almost a year I have never seen such a place barely hanging on !! It is complete chaos, here is a list of problems that I had on a regular day!
Missing product consistantly
Poor vehicle safety
No help from managers
Paper work errors, random adds to invoice
Price fluctuations
Clothes were always missing!
The consistent unorganized mess of trying to find your load not having enough wipes or hand towels for the customer then getting yelled at from the customer!!!!
Trucks with no radio or interior lights, warning lights on, doors that don't fully close......about 70% of the trucks are illegal and shouldn't be driven ... This is a short list of a few of the problems I had experienced at UNIFIRST as a route rep

The turnover is high in rsr`s......
Pros
own boss!!
Cons
far too many to list
Sussex NB location
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NBApril 7, 2016
Poorly run operation from the branch manager. Low employee moral. Sneaky long term contracts, bully sales encouraged, untrustworthy, extreme micro management, unreasonable time frame for customer to receive product, unreasonable time to receive commissions, inadequate branch management.
Pros
Very good sales manager but smothered by branch management.
Cons
Very poor branch manager. Low employee moral.
Co workers are great
Sales Representative / Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 6, 2015
I just cannot comment on this company. The co workers are great and the had a great time with the Service side of the business. The main question to be asked is why is there such a high rate of turn overs.
Terrible management and worse working conditions.
Production Bulk Picking (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2015
When I worked at this location I was constantly berated by the belligerent and simply unprofessional manager almost everyday for some of the smallest things. Yelling, cussing, and generally behaving in a less than professional conduct was common on the managerial staff; more often than not employees were all but pitted against each other every time a production issue arose.
Questions were often times met with annoyance, or were simply dismissed. Staff was often times deceived into accepting overtime; there was almost always arguments erupting between the drivers and production staff, managers rarely did anything to remedy the issues that prompted discrepancies, and more often than not, equipment for most every job was badly damaged or not in any form of working order.

Horrible job.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long hours, bad management, damaged work equiment, hostile workplace
Well organized
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
A typical day at work including sorting laundry and unloading and loading trucks. I learned how to become a much quicker, more efficient worker. The management is well-organized, efficient, and very friendly. The hardest part of working at UniFirst was learning to pace myself. I most enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
good benefits, lunch truck on site, friendly people
Cons
not enough work, dealing with insulation-filled laundry
picinics,socials with coworkers
Route service representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ,ontApril 12, 2015
I learned everything about the uniform rental business from Unifirst. My management team at the time were extremely helpful teaching me the route, products and services and to deal with customer in a timely professional manner. I went to a competitor, but I never had anything bad to say about the company.
Pros
For the most part we had fun socially.
Cons
Long hours .
This is a company that has growth space for employee's , UniFirst also holds special events for the staff to share and grow together as a family.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2012
UniFirst offer programs such as continuing education programs for employees.Unifirst also has a great benefits program for either a single person or family.
They also promote advancement from within.
Pros
1.good atmosphere
Cons
1.nothing is confidental
excellent communication with management and staff.
District Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2014
District service manager. Great staff and excellent benefits and work atmosphere.
Bad work ethics
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2012
Robotic script training, poor management, will not honour contracts. Out to screw their clients. Business based on broken promisses and poor service.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
america style work like a dog with unrealistic goals.
Unifirst Meh
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2013
It has so so management, with nearly no benefits at lower level employment.
Great place to learn how to use many different CRMS
Senior Sales Representative & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 5, 2015
This company was a great company when it came to product. The product is by far the best out there but the management and micro managing style they use to push the sales reps our the door is by far the worst. Many situations happened at the branch I worked at that did not include myself but it was a very stressful environment to work for.
Pros
great product, sales, commission
Cons
management, crm, human resources
Job security within service department
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 18, 2013
Service department is a great place to start to work through the company as you are able to understand the dynamics of the company from the ground up.

Management is not always on the same page with one another, as UniFirst is a US based company it feels as the Canadian market is alwasy thought of last when it comes to marketing strategies.
Pros
advancement
Cons
difficult work & family balance
Long hours, bad management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  calgary abJuly 3, 2014
Poor management, all works were over worked. They worked hard at keeping workers happy despite how the skills displayed by the GM wasn't up to scale for a large company.
Productive workplace with friendly employees
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  langley bcAugust 21, 2014
unloading trucks and sorting laundrysdlfknblkdffnbkldnbkladnlnblkdanblkdanblknadblkndlkbnldkbnlkdanblkdanblkandbldkanlfknlkdnbdlnfblafnblkdnbblkdnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Fast Pace Environment
Outside Sales Representative/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 24, 2012
Great place for an entry level position and move up. But after time if you need a new challenge you need to move on.
Unifirst
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnSeptember 27, 2012
Your only as good as your next sale. Company needed to spend more money on branding itself. Hard to sell their products in Canada especially on the east coast where your customers never heard of the company.
Pros
free lunch with the boss.
Cons
paperwork
Good company, good people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
A great opportunity for sales minded individuals, best sales training i have ever had. Company provides you with all the tools to succeed.