UniFirst Employee Reviews

Amazing place met so many great people
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 October 2017
Staff and management always accommodated to needs I needed out side of work. Where always around to talk when personal issue came up. Miss the guys and gals dearly.
Pros
Monday to Friday. Holidays off. Lots of staff functions for fun
Cons
Heavy work load. And out of town overnights
Great office to work in
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON21 September 2017
Had a great experience with this company, excellent sales training and support constantly throughout your daily work to achieve anything. The best sales team I worked with.
Pros
Got along with everyone and always had a great day/support
Cons
only focus is meetings and closes
Run away unless desperate
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Canada15 September 2017
Sink or swim environment. They will talk about how it takes 3 years to succeed,yet the turnover within first year is astronomical.

Company has a superior product compared to competition, yet it is hard to always justify the cost
Great hours
Industrial Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB1 September 2017
This establishment has great hours & are flexible to a degree depending on the department you work in. They have fun incentives & are quite easy to work with.
Pros
Free lunch once/mo, no work on holidays
Cons
Low pay, most jobs are quite physical
busy and physical work
Production Staff /Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
it used to be a very busy company and multi cultural worker,hardest part when theyre starting laying off people and losing their jobs and very physical job
Rewarding, team environment, room for advancement.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2017
Working for Unifirst Edmonton has been a fantastic experience. The willingness of of the management as well as the other employees to train and help you succeed is more than I've seen in a long time. I find Unifirst has a balance view when it comes to work and family shown by having evenings and weekends off.
My position of Route Sales Representative is physical yet rewarding at the end of the day. The amount of money to be made is reflected by the effort put into this position.
If your looking for a job that can turn into a career that you can be proud of, l would highly recommend a position with Unifirst.
Pros
In door/ Out door, Weekends off, Team Environment
Productive place to work, Monday to Friday.
District Service Supervisor/ Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 June 2017
A corporation that has been in place for close to a century. Respect and value of there core principles. Over my five year tenure I always felt appreciative of my place in the company and was treated like family. I would recommend Unifirst to anyone that has an ability to self motivated and career driven.
Unifirst
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 May 2017
Acquired new business accounts in a specified geographical territory
Developed personal sales strategies and maintained a high productivity level
Cold Called on businesses in person from major corporations to small companies
Conducted Sales Presentations meetings with potential clients as needed
Negotiated sales contracts and was there to oversee new account installations
Proficient in CRM and Microsoft office suite
Pros
Great training
Cons
Micro management
Okay, not great.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
Unifirst is an okay company, great way to get some sales experience. The salary is not that great and the commissions could be better as well. Some locations have incredible management teams and others really need to work on theirs.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Hard product to sell, better competitors out there.
Zero job security
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
The managers are extremely abusive towards staff and will treat you beyond inhumanely. The worst part about the job is the lack of safety there is to it. They do not provide safety training or equipment and very easy to hurt yourself.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Unsafe / Terrible managers
Industrial Laundry
Dirty Sort (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2017
I worked at all jobs with in the factory. I was a team leader of four people in dirty short. I did maybe 2 days a year of extra days work. The hardest part for me was the sorting company clean laundry in to orders by day and employees. I did a couple months of night work for a factory in another city had a fire. The manager was helpful with any and all emergencies both at work and in personal life.
Pros
employee gratitude free lunches
Great pay, no culture
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Pay was great and sales were reasonabally easy to make.
Competitors won most contracts due to pricing and there was not much flexibility given to make competitive bids.
Pros
Great pay, great work life balance
Cons
Lack of culture, uncompetitive company
Productive, & fun
ROUTE SALES REP & WAREHOUSE PRODUCTION (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB2 November 2016
I am in charge of ordering and keeping inventory, and unloading all the product off the truck. I also stock and organize the routes for the next delivery day.
I've learned to be more confident in myself, new computer programs, and to be a sales rep.
Everyone is super easy to get along with, and helps make the job a fun place to be.
The hardest part of my job would be some heavy lifting, although everyone is pretty helpful when I need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job, would be getting to interact with customers on my delivery route. Keeps me in pretty good shape. Fresh air. I get to blare my music while in the warehouse.
Pros
sometimes free lunches, off early
Cons
Unfortunetly not enough $$
Good place to start a sales career.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 October 2016
Very Very sales scripts based, good job for rookie sales person where you are told what to say and when to say it. Senior sales personal will find it very frustrating, Good Management team in Regina they do have your best interests at heart.
Pros
if your new in sales they do teach you how to script every possible scenario
Cons
very scripts driven no chance to be independent
Enjoyed company picnics.
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
I remember coming in loading our trucks, verifying loads and heading out to service our customers. I learned all about the garment industry from Unifirst, service, sales and retention. Management for the most part easy to work with and they were there for us when needed. The coworkers were a lot of fun to work with and learn tricks of the more experienced route drivers. The hardest part of the job was the long day and the best part of the job was knowing we were providing a worthwhile service. The only reason I left was I found a job closer to home.
Pros
Pay, great work environment.
Cons
Long hours, frozen mats in winter.
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC22 September 2016
Great place to work, great staff and support system, great team environment, give you the tools to succeed. Hard work is rewarded, great compensation.
Pros
Schedule own days
Cons
Long Training Program
Fun, hardworking group.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
Purest of the pure sales roles; quite a shock if you've had little to no sales experience in the past.

Boss was easily one of the best bosses I've had in a long time.
Sussex NB location
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB7 April 2016
Poorly run operation from the branch manager. Low employee moral. Sneaky long term contracts, bully sales encouraged, untrustworthy, extreme micro management, unreasonable time frame for customer to receive product, unreasonable time to receive commissions, inadequate branch management.
Pros
Very good sales manager but smothered by branch management.
Cons
Very poor branch manager. Low employee moral.
Co workers are great
Sales Representative / Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 December 2015
I just cannot comment on this company. The co workers are great and the had a great time with the Service side of the business. The main question to be asked is why is there such a high rate of turn overs.
Enjoyable but though work place
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 November 2015
This is job is perfect for people who can really lift 10-70lbs continuously for 3-5 hours including walking up and down stairs and also in a fast pace. This is one of the most laboring job i have ever encounter. People, management are really good, they are so welcoming for new guys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.