UniFirst

UniFirst Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long hours, bad management
Truck Driver (Former Employee), calgary abJuly 3, 2014
Poor management, all works were over worked. They worked hard at keeping workers happy despite how the skills displayed by the GM wasn't up to scale for a large company.
Good company, good people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
A great opportunity for sales minded individuals, best sales training i have ever had. Company provides you with all the tools to succeed.
Unifirst Meh
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2013
It has so so management, with nearly no benefits at lower level employment.
Job security within service department
Branch Manager (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: difficult work & family balance
Service department is a great place to start to work through the company as you are able to understand the dynamics of the company from the ground up.

Management is not always on the same page with one another, as UniFirst is a US based company it feels as the Canadian market is alwasy thought of last when it comes to marketing strategies.
Bad work ethics
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2012
Pros: decent salary
Cons: america style work like a dog with unrealistic goals.
Robotic script training, poor management, will not honour contracts. Out to screw their clients. Business based on broken promisses and poor service.
Well organized
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Woodstock, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits, lunch truck on site, friendly people
Cons: not enough work, dealing with insulation-filled laundry
A typical day at work including sorting laundry and unloading and loading trucks. I learned how to become a much quicker, more efficient worker. The management is well-organized, efficient, and very friendly. The hardest part of working at UniFirst was learning to pace myself. I most enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.
Unifirst
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint JohnSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: free lunch with the boss.
Cons: paperwork
Your only as good as your next sale. Company needed to spend more money on branding itself. Hard to sell their products in Canada especially on the east coast where your customers never heard of the company.
Fast Pace Environment
Outside Sales Representative/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 24, 2012
Great place for an entry level position and move up. But after time if you need a new challenge you need to move on.
This is a company that has growth space for employee's , UniFirst also holds special events for the staff to share and grow together as a family.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2012
Pros: 1.good atmosphere
Cons: 1.nothing is confidental
UniFirst offer programs such as continuing education programs for employees.Unifirst also has a great benefits program for either a single person or family.
They also promote advancement from within.
Great beginner career job, pay is good. The downside is excessive hours.
District Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent benefits
Cons: guaranteed 60 hour weeks
As a Route Salesman at Unifirst, you start your route at 5 a.m. Route drivers deliver and pickup uniforms for local businesses. When driver finishes their route, they return to the shop and report their daily route to the District Supervisor who collects the account receivables for every route.
The hardest part about working for Unifirst in the long – more... hours worked. I am supervisor that works usually over 60 hours. As a salaried employee I do not receive overtime for the long hours worked. I am also in college which makes it hard to find time to study after work. – less
Good Entry Level With Opportunities for Advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYAugust 21, 2014
Good entry level job with benefits, and room to grow a career. The industry is about as mundane as it gets though.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 17, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Company that Cares about customer service and has many tools into providing as such
Unifirst
Embroidery Operator (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: you get paid holidays.
Cons: healtcare prices continue to rise.
Unifirst is a good place to work. You have a variety of jobs in the plant. If you don't like your first placement, then you can move to another and find something that fits you. I did not have that problem. I worked in direct embroidery for 7 years. I got along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job in embroidery is you have to learn a lot, – more... and that you have to work in a group of 3 . If you are easy going this is not a big issue. Unifirst is always trying to improve things. Safety is important to them. – less
Great environment to work in.
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 4, 2014
Positive, energetic culture dedicated to teambuilding and productivity. Overall, a great company to work for with solid benefits and opportunity to grow.
Great life/work balance if you have numbers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: all about the numbers
Great training program. Must maintain good numbers to maintain a job. Management is easy to work work. Difficult part is dealing with getting merchandise on a timely manner. Such a large corporation which may be cause for poor merchandise delivery times.
It's work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2014
Pros: birthdays off, work hours(unless needed to come in early)
Cons: short breaks(or no breaks at all), pay, lack of explanation
Work doesn't really hit hard till the afternoon. Then, its a full steam ahead. No air conditioning--so stay hydrated and take breaks if needed. Not much supervision by the supervisors. Co-workers are friendly..some. If done with a task, you move to another totally different one. I should've added this earlier: when you start, its like being thrown into – more... a blazing fire without instructions to put it out. You're minded where items go even though you weren't given precise direction on what, where, when, and how things go. There's a lack in explaining the task(s) by management. The co-workers are the ones who do the best they can to tell you how to do things there. The pay sucks! But at least there is pay. Yet, if a person can catch a disease from this line of work, why didn't they mentioned it before during orientation or through the interview process. – less
solid, professional company focused on growth and profitability through excellent customer service
Production Manager (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 24, 2014
Utilization and implementation of many proactive processes to achieve customer satisfaction.
The current requirements at UniFirst Corporation for an outside sales consultant are as followed:
Territory Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: uncapped commision, rolling bonus, company culture
Cons: n/a

• 125 phone calls (mix of prospecting and follow up)*
• $110.00 sales avg.*

*minimum weekly requirements
I was a route driver
Sales (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVJuly 9, 2014
I was a route driver, i charge of getting people there uniformes, keeping track of orders and talking with the publick
My job review
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: i get off early enough to do whatever i need to do during working hours.
Cons: i am able to receive medical benefits plus dental
My day begins at 3:00 am, I clock in on my job at 4:00 am and begin doing the unloading of the trucks that are on the dock area. I normally assists other workers when needed and enjoy interacting with my co-workers.
The hardest part about the job is the heat that comes from the hot weather, it does get hot!
I learned from my management how to do other – more... jobs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About UniFirst

UniFirst, a leading supplier of uniforms, workwear and related products to businesses big and small since 1936, provides a wide – Read more