UniFirst

UniFirst Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long hours, bad management
Truck Driver (Former Employee), calgary abJuly 3, 2014
Poor management, all works were over worked. They worked hard at keeping workers happy despite how the skills displayed by the GM wasn't up to scale for a large company.
Good company, good people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
A great opportunity for sales minded individuals, best sales training i have ever had. Company provides you with all the tools to succeed.
Unifirst Meh
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2013
It has so so management, with nearly no benefits at lower level employment.
Job security within service department
Branch Manager (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: difficult work & family balance
Service department is a great place to start to work through the company as you are able to understand the dynamics of the company from the ground up.

Management is not always on the same page with one another, as UniFirst is a US based company it feels as the Canadian market is alwasy thought of last when it comes to marketing strategies.
Bad work ethics
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2012
Pros: decent salary
Cons: america style work like a dog with unrealistic goals.
Robotic script training, poor management, will not honour contracts. Out to screw their clients. Business based on broken promisses and poor service.
Well organized
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Woodstock, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits, lunch truck on site, friendly people
Cons: not enough work, dealing with insulation-filled laundry
A typical day at work including sorting laundry and unloading and loading trucks. I learned how to become a much quicker, more efficient worker. The management is well-organized, efficient, and very friendly. The hardest part of working at UniFirst was learning to pace myself. I most enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.
Unifirst
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint JohnSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: free lunch with the boss.
Cons: paperwork
Your only as good as your next sale. Company needed to spend more money on branding itself. Hard to sell their products in Canada especially on the east coast where your customers never heard of the company.
Fast Pace Environment
Outside Sales Representative/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 24, 2012
Great place for an entry level position and move up. But after time if you need a new challenge you need to move on.
This is a company that has growth space for employee's , UniFirst also holds special events for the staff to share and grow together as a family.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2012
Pros: 1.good atmosphere
Cons: 1.nothing is confidental
UniFirst offer programs such as continuing education programs for employees.Unifirst also has a great benefits program for either a single person or family.
They also promote advancement from within.
I enjoyed working with the employees and staff. I really miss them alot.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Barnwell,S.C.October 15, 2014
Pros: company has a great benefits package, vacation and sick pay, 401k
Cons: do not know of any
I was an employee of theirs for 30 years. I started out as an Machine Operator then I got promoted to Team Leader in about 10 years and promoted to Production Supervisor years after that. I enjoyed meeting new employees and training them. The employees I worked with their are hard workers and I got along real well with them. I made them feel comfortable – more... and let them know they could come talk to me about anything. I enjoyed working at Unifirst it was a fun place for me to work and work we did especially during the outage season we worked long hours but it was worth it I encouraged the employees if they got tired and let them know if you need to go out a bit go ahead. They would tell me how much they enjoy working with me cause I was not like most Supervisors that meant I understood them cause that is where I got started as a Machine Operator. I hate I got laid off due to lack of work but I was not offered another position I was willing to take a cut in pay but it was not an option for neither Supervisor. The job I done was not hard I really enjoyed it and for it to end the way it did I am full of emotion. – less
I enjoyed working with the employees and staff. I really miss them alot.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Barnwell,S.C.October 15, 2014
Pros: company has a great benefits package, vacation and sick pay, 401k
Cons: do not know of any
Productive and fun workplace
Professional Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Panama City, FLOctober 14, 2014
Very involved training regimen that is proven to work. Hard work pays off. It is sales.
Great Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good caring people
Great People! Fun to work with! Even though they are a mega company, they are very personable.
Nice people
IT Operations Technician (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2014
Typical day would include taking service calls and helping the end user with anything that might be wrong with their PC, Printers, Applications, Hand Held devices, and other technology devices.
Maintenance (Current Employee), LebanonOctober 7, 2014
With this company I am part of a 3 man maintenance crew. Servicing and repairing of machinery and equipment is part of the position. Grounds keeping and some cleaning to maintain a presentable factory is another duty. Helping with truck loading/ unloading or any other daily duties I am always happy to help with.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2014
Great Co-workers
Learned New Program
Hardest part of job was learn difficult system
Best part of job was Co-Workers
Easiest part of Job was the laid back environment
Same Job Posted for 5 months
Territory Representative (Former Employee), HarrisburgOctober 2, 2014
Pros: unknown
Cons: smoke and mirrors management at worst, indecisive at best
Entry Level sales jobs should be filled in six weeks! In a down economy, jobs fill in under two weeks.

Unifirst, do you even have a open sales territory? Stop wasting everyone's time with applications and interviews.
Never work there again
District Service Manager (Former Employee), Landover, MDOctober 2, 2014
The culture and environment towards employees and management really is horrible.
Worked in the wash room
Uniform Room Attendant (Former Employee), Sumter, SCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: worked 2nd shift
Cleaned and fulfilled orders. Loved working with people. Also loved the hour lunches
It's an Ok company and place to work , but not in the long term
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
The jobs is a fast pace informant with hard demanding work goal each day. My co-workers are fun to be around , and the Management are easy going n flexible towards there workers. my work load is very heavy on a daily basis to the point where breaks are minimized or cut just to get all the work done on time. Warehouse conditions vary with the weather – more... conditions. ex. when its a hot summer day outside its even hotter inside and the same thing goes for when it get cold during the winter. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About UniFirst

UniFirst, a leading supplier of uniforms, workwear and related products to businesses big and small since 1936, provides a wide – Read more