UniFirst Employee Reviews

Enjoyed company picnics.
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
I remember coming in loading our trucks, verifying loads and heading out to service our customers. I learned all about the garment industry from Unifirst, service, sales and retention. Management for the most part easy to work with and they were there for us when needed. The coworkers were a lot of fun to work with and learn tricks of the more experienced route drivers. The hardest part of the job was the long day and the best part of the job was knowing we were providing a worthwhile service. The only reason I left was I found a job closer to home.
Pros
Pay, great work environment.
Cons
Long hours, frozen mats in winter.
Productive, & fun
ROUTE SALES REP & WAREHOUSE PRODUCTION (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB2 November 2016
I am in charge of ordering and keeping inventory, and unloading all the product off the truck. I also stock and organize the routes for the next delivery day.
I've learned to be more confident in myself, new computer programs, and to be a sales rep.
Everyone is super easy to get along with, and helps make the job a fun place to be.
The hardest part of my job would be some heavy lifting, although everyone is pretty helpful when I need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job, would be getting to interact with customers on my delivery route. Keeps me in pretty good shape. Fresh air. I get to blare my music while in the warehouse.
Pros
sometimes free lunches, off early
Cons
Unfortunetly not enough $$
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC22 September 2016
Great place to work, great staff and support system, great team environment, give you the tools to succeed. Hard work is rewarded, great compensation.
Pros
Schedule own days
Cons
Long Training Program
Sussex NB location
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB7 April 2016
Poorly run operation from the branch manager. Low employee moral. Sneaky long term contracts, bully sales encouraged, untrustworthy, extreme micro management, unreasonable time frame for customer to receive product, unreasonable time to receive commissions, inadequate branch management.
Pros
Very good sales manager but smothered by branch management.
Cons
Very poor branch manager. Low employee moral.
Fun, hardworking group.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
Purest of the pure sales roles; quite a shock if you've had little to no sales experience in the past.

Boss was easily one of the best bosses I've had in a long time.
Great People
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2015
Good people, great atmosphere. Don't get me wrong. BUT, the work hours are very long, and management doesn't always help you if you have a problem. Pay could be better, and hours should be shorter. Overall good company.
Pros
Good Salary, Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management
set up to fail...mismanaged mess!!!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2015
If your looking for a great company that's organized, safety conscious, will treat you well and has a great management team .....THEN FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for, although I wasn't there for long almost a year I have never seen such a place barely hanging on !! It is complete chaos, here is a list of problems that I had on a regular day!
Missing product consistantly
Poor vehicle safety
No help from managers
Paper work errors, random adds to invoice
Price fluctuations
Clothes were always missing!
The consistent unorganized mess of trying to find your load not having enough wipes or hand towels for the customer then getting yelled at from the customer!!!!
Trucks with no radio or interior lights, warning lights on, doors that don't fully close......about 70% of the trucks are illegal and shouldn't be driven ... This is a short list of a few of the problems I had experienced at UNIFIRST as a route rep

The turnover is high in rsr`s......
Pros
own boss!!
Cons
far too many to list
Terrible management and worse working conditions.
Production Bulk Picking (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2015
When I worked at this location I was constantly berated by the belligerent and simply unprofessional manager almost everyday for some of the smallest things. Yelling, cussing, and generally behaving in a less than professional conduct was common on the managerial staff; more often than not employees were all but pitted against each other every time a production issue arose.
Questions were often times met with annoyance, or were simply dismissed. Staff was often times deceived into accepting overtime; there was almost always arguments erupting between the drivers and production staff, managers rarely did anything to remedy the issues that prompted discrepancies, and more often than not, equipment for most every job was badly damaged or not in any form of working order.

Horrible job.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, bad management, damaged work equiment, hostile workplace
Enjoyable but though work place
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 November 2015
This is job is perfect for people who can really lift 10-70lbs continuously for 3-5 hours including walking up and down stairs and also in a fast pace. This is one of the most laboring job i have ever encounter. People, management are really good, they are so welcoming for new guys.
picinics,socials with coworkers
Route service representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ,ont12 April 2015
I learned everything about the uniform rental business from Unifirst. My management team at the time were extremely helpful teaching me the route, products and services and to deal with customer in a timely professional manner. I went to a competitor, but I never had anything bad to say about the company.
Pros
For the most part we had fun socially.
Cons
Long hours .
Job security within service department
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 February 2013
Service department is a great place to start to work through the company as you are able to understand the dynamics of the company from the ground up.

Management is not always on the same page with one another, as UniFirst is a US based company it feels as the Canadian market is alwasy thought of last when it comes to marketing strategies.
Pros
advancement
Cons
difficult work & family balance
Well organized
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, Ontario27 December 2012
A typical day at work including sorting laundry and unloading and loading trucks. I learned how to become a much quicker, more efficient worker. The management is well-organized, efficient, and very friendly. The hardest part of working at UniFirst was learning to pace myself. I most enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
good benefits, lunch truck on site, friendly people
Cons
not enough work, dealing with insulation-filled laundry
This is a company that has growth space for employee's , UniFirst also holds special events for the staff to share and grow together as a family.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2012
UniFirst offer programs such as continuing education programs for employees.Unifirst also has a great benefits program for either a single person or family.
They also promote advancement from within.
Pros
1.good atmosphere
Cons
1.nothing is confidental
Co workers are great
Sales Representative / Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 December 2015
I just cannot comment on this company. The co workers are great and the had a great time with the Service side of the business. The main question to be asked is why is there such a high rate of turn overs.
Bad work ethics
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 December 2012
Robotic script training, poor management, will not honour contracts. Out to screw their clients. Business based on broken promisses and poor service.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
america style work like a dog with unrealistic goals.
Great place to learn how to use many different CRMS
Senior Sales Representative & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB5 January 2015
This company was a great company when it came to product. The product is by far the best out there but the management and micro managing style they use to push the sales reps our the door is by far the worst. Many situations happened at the branch I worked at that did not include myself but it was a very stressful environment to work for.
Pros
Great product, sales, commission
Cons
management, CRM, Human Resources
Unifirst Meh
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2013
It has so so management, with nearly no benefits at lower level employment.
excellent communication with management and staff.
District Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2014
District service manager. Great staff and excellent benefits and work atmosphere.
Long hours, bad management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  calgary ab3 July 2014
Poor management, all works were over worked. They worked hard at keeping workers happy despite how the skills displayed by the GM wasn't up to scale for a large company.
Fast Pace Environment
Outside Sales Representative/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC24 July 2012
Great place for an entry level position and move up. But after time if you need a new challenge you need to move on.