The Unified Valve Group consists of Unified Valve Ltd., Mercer Valve Canada, and Western Gauge and Instruments. Our group of companies specializes in the service of pressure and safety relief valves, distribution of Mercer valves, and supply of gauges and instrumentation.
Due to our continued growth, we have an immediate opening for a Shipper/Receiver in Fort St. John.
The role will entail the following:
- Ensures incoming Inspections are performed on all customer products and received purchases.
- Distributes all incoming goods to the appropriate department after they have undergone inspections, write-ups and tagging.
- Ensures all written instructions from our customers are consistent with Unified Valves Quality System.
- Ensures all verbal instruction from the customers are documented appropriately and retained on file
- Maintains all document paperwork for each job through receiving and final inspection, including bills of lading for shipment.
- Ensures all finished product had undergone its final inspection as per our checklist and is packaged, contained or stored appropriately.
- Ensures communications with clients are consistent with the objectives, philosophies and goals of Unified Valve.
- Deals with customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Monitor shipping material levels and reports to supervisor
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic computer skills required
ADDITIONAL SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude/ experience
- Ability both in a team environment and alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to use basic hand tools safely
- Ability to read and write clearly
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and address product concerns
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to operate safely in a heavy equipment shop/plant environment
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop
- Ability to work flexible / irregular shifts and hours
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit program
- Performance Incentive (Bonus) for all employees
- Free parking
- Career growth opportunities
Thank you for your interest in joining the Unified Valve Group. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.