The Unified Valve Group of Companies (UVGC) consists of Unified Valve Ltd., Mercer Valve Canada Ltd., and Western Gauge and Instruments. Our group of companies specializes in the service of pressure and safety relief valves, distribution of Mercer valves, and supply of gauges and instrumentation. Additionally, we also supply industrial pumps and compression tube fittings.
UVGC’s head office is located in Calgary, Alberta and has branches located in Edmonton, Red Deer, Brooks, Grande Prairie, Fort St. John, BC, and Saskatoon, SK.
Currently The Unified Valve Group of Companies is looking for a professional and energetic Assistant Controller, to be located in our Head Office in South East Calgary.
The Assistant Controller plays a key role assisting the accounting team and working in close relation with the controller. The role’s main responsibilities are to ensure the accounting team provides accurate, complete & timely accounting information.
- Reconciling and maintaining the general ledger & chart of accounts for all entities within the UVGC
- Assisting the controller in month end preparation processes
- Assist in the preparation of government related filings and fiscal year-end financial statements
- Bank reconciliations
- Capital asset and debt reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Obtain an understanding of each of the accounting roles and their processes
- Responsible for maintaining internal control procedures and identifying areas of improvement
- Assisting accounting team with day to day challenges and questions
- Support and provide coverage for accounts receivable and payable roles
- Ad hoc projects
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a “can do” attitude to help out in all areas of accounting
- Be a self-starter
- Be deadline oriented
- Be relentless in completing goals and projects
- Be excited to work for a growing company
- Previous experience with month end close processes
- Knowledgeable and up to date on accounting regulations including ASPE and IFRS
- Minimum 2 years Oil & Gas, Manufacturing or other related industry experience
- Professional designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA) preferred, not required
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience and ability to mentor
- Experience with enterprise level accounting systems, Great plains preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Well organized
UVGC places a high value on attracting and retaining exceptional individuals. We believe that the quality of our people reflects directly on the quality of our work.
Thank you for your interest in joining Unified Valve Group of Companies. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.