Unified Systems Group Employee Reviews in Canada

pulling cable
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2015
-no training
-people are friendly
-schedule posted a day prior
-easy work, anyone can do it
-ok pay
-get thrown around from site to site
Oil Sands Culture
Telecommunications/Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Bunch of very unhappy men, away fro their families, living in a company house. After expenses, pay is actually just fair. This is not a sustainable work situation for long periods of time.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
it's fort mcmurray, living in a company house
Poor Advancement opportunities.
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Unified is a company that has been around for some time and has always done business in a certain manner. They are growing and continuing to build on their already established reputation.

That being said their employee retention is ultiumately very poor. Ive been told by the VP himself that they are in the business of hiring skilled labor not cheap.

But after two years with the company a person of my experience and skill craft has made very little head way. I have been under utilized and been left with the feeling of being marginalized.
Fairly large company
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
Had a wonderful supervisor that was available for me any time I needed assistance or a question answered.
She would also cover phones for me when I needed to step away from my desk.
Don't work for Calgary Branch
Technician (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 8, 2013
Terrible company, Calgary branch is miss managed, no organization, company vehicles should be scraped and have people sitting at home even when there is other work. Very low pay and company shares ????? While working there never got to finish a job- no equipment or the office moving you about for no reason
Cons
poor management, lack of improvement opportunities lack of training for the new to trade guys
friendly working enviroment
Fiber Optic/Tel/Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 27, 2013
great bunch of guys all working hard under constant pressure working in the oil fields
Review
I.T Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurraySeptember 22, 2012
Kind of boring, no job security and low pay. Its not a hard job physically but can be boring at times on downtime.
The people are ok and easy to get along with
Pros
easy to get along with
Cons
low pay

2.9