JOB OPPORTUNITY – Executive Director
Under One Roof (UOR) is an exciting, new, registered non-profit organization that houses other non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and progressive individuals. It has been created to meet their needs and get them out of isolation. From this, we believe, leadership capacity increases, learning and creative partnerships emerge and confidence is strengthened.
Under One Roof is dedicated to creating for downtown Ottawa an innovative workspace that, over the next few years, will house dozens of NGOs and progressive individuals to pool resources and foster an environment of collaboration, learning and multi-sectoral knowledge.
We are seeking to hire an Executive Director, to start February 15, 2013. This is a unique opportunity for an energetic, creative, versatile and progressive-minded person to help the organization establish itself financially and in the community. The position reports directly to the Board and is three days per week to start, to eventually become a full-time position (or shared position) at five days per week. Salary commences at $2,531 gross per month for the three days, to be increased when funding permits.
The core functions of this position:
- Responsible for program development with proven track record in successful grant-writing and proposal development;
- Provides leadership, in partnership with Board of Directors, in strategic visioning and planning;
- Responsible for identifying long term objectives and performance indicators;
- Responsible for organizational health and sustainability through an effective, diversified financing framework and effective fund development strategies;
- Leads and manages all operational functions including fiscal planning, fund development, corporate and investor relations, financial monitoring and reporting, program development, human resources, communications planning;
- Responsible for communicating (written or verbal) regularly with UOR tenants, giving them progress reports and informing them of upcoming events, etc…
- Acts as official media spokesperson;
- Acts as the leader of the tenant committee;
- Develop UOR’s governance framework;
- Works in partnership with Office Manager on all matters, including dealing with landlord, tenants, leases, as well as the members of the community at large.
The skills and qualifications required for this position:
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
- Creative, transparent, strategic thinker who excels at problem solving.
- Proficient in all areas of management and operations, networking, relationship building, and fundraising,
- Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative, displays a high degree of initiative, enthusiasm, tact and discretion.
- Above average communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Engaging social media presence would be considered an advantage.
- Effective time management, attention to detail, a high degree of organization, an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Adept at Word, Excel and email.
- Experience with fundraising.
- Experience within a feminist, progressive, social justice environment is preferred.
- Independent and able to work effectively in a small-staffed office.
Applications close February 10, 2013.
Please provide us with your cover letter and resume. To learn more about UnderOneRoof, visit our website: www.underoneroof.ca
We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are unable to process phone inquiries about this position.
Indeed - 10 months ago