Under Armour, Inc

Under Armour, Inc Employee Reviews

Great for part time students.
Sales Associate/Frieght Team/Shoe Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 22, 2014
Pros: They give an awesome employee discount, they are very flexible with your schedule, and a fun work environment.

Cons: OK you will not get veryany hours so your paycheck is going to suck. And your going to want to buy new work uniform every now and then and your basically giving your paycheck to them for clothes.
There seriously absolutely ZERO chances for advancement opportunities, your either a sales associate or a manager. Nothing in between.
And people get appointed as a "specialist" for no reason. It doesn't mean that just because that person knows a lot about shoes that person should be the shoe specialist. No they just appoint you that. No discussion no raise no nothing. Just more responsibility. And everyone gets paid the same. No matter what your doing. You could be working your butt off in the back as part of the freight team. Unpacking heavy boxes and breaking a sweat when a new hire is just in the front talking to customers wondering around and you both get paid the same.

Now down to the point. If your in high school and just need a part time job with little hours. Go for it.
I dont recommend this place for long term unless your looking to be a manager.
Pros
discount.
Cons
to many to put down.
Energetic and youthful company with hands on motivational founder and CEO.
STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2013
No work day is ever the same at UA. Constantly evolving and growing as a company. I have made many friends here over 6 years, and because we are growing so fast, I am always meeting new ones as well. Hardest part of my job is finding time to do the necessary work in the systems and on email as I am constantly in meetings and traveling. Under Armour is notorious for getting one person to do the job of three! Most enjoyable part of the job is having an affect on the product. It is awesome to be able to walk into a store and see product on the rack that I have had design or construction input on. One confirmation of the popularity of our brand is the insane amount of resumes UA receives on a daily basis, but this is also the reason that UA is able to keep the compensation levels lower than the industry standard.
Pros
beautiful office, amazing cafeteria, casual work attire, tickets to sporting events
Cons
poor career development, comensation is below industry standards
Killer brand and an enjoyable workplace with great co-workers.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 8, 2015
Working in retail is an exciting/unknown adventure each day. The possibilities of each day are endless. There are good and bad days for everyone working in retail. We must deal with customers of all sorts. Some happy with their experience and some openly unhappy with their experience. It is our jobs as managers to ensure that all customers receive the service they deserve and making sure that all of their needs are met. A typical day at work starts our by opening up the store which includes: counting registers, counting safe, typing up an action plan for the day, putting sales associates where they are needed and updating any supply orders. Once store is open, we continually manages sales floor, making sure all of our associates are where they need to be and doing what is necessary to drive sales. We handle any issues throughout the day, including register malfunctions and customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is having satisfied and happy customers who let you know how great of an experience they had.
Pros
great discount
Cons
no set hours/working every holiday
They don't even have a clue at HQ...
Production (Current Employee) –  Baltimore HQApril 17, 2013
I came here from Ohio from another apparel company having loved the UA product. It was the worst mistake of my career and am trying to find a new home quickly. All of the passion is out of this place. My managers are new to UA and only seem to be interested in padding their resumes. 70 hour plus weeks are expected but mostly needed to fix the mistakes of management who have little understanding of the product or brand. I do work with some great people who have been around for a while. They have told me that it was much better in the past but most of them are actively looking to get out also as there is no confidence in current management. All the talk of team is just fluff. I understand that the retail stores are much better places to work. Needless to say, I would not recommend Under Armour.
Pros
good benefits, nice campus and stock discount
Cons
no team, and only out for #1. no work/life balance
Great customer base with a product like no other
SALES ASSOCIATE-UNDER ARMOUR (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 16, 2014
I would do stock, cashier duties, designated shoe specialist, merchandise, etc.
I learned that with hard work you can move up quickly. My supervisor was a work horse and I felt the need to match/surpass that. It made me a candidate for management almost immediately.
Management was great. I consider her a mentor. She motivated me, and showed me how to mange my time better.
I had a variety of co-workers there. Young and old they came for different purposes and different walks of life. All were passionate about the product though.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion was the pay rate. Lot of hard work for no real big money. Management seem to be the position you'd want to be in but that is a very competitive spot.
Most enjoyable was the customer base. A lot of foreign people would come and shop and you would get to talk to people who lived have way across the world. Pretty neat.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay rate
Better than average retail work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MISeptember 5, 2013
UA is a fast growing company with plenty of opportunities at the retail level. Like many companies, unless you are willing to relocate, your upward mobility will be limited by the spots available and you often have to wait for someone to quit, be fired, or die before you can move up. If you are willing to relocate, there are tons of opportunities for promotion.

I won't list daily activities because they are essentially the same as many other retail environments. Customer service is always #1. Pay is competitive but on the low side for the caliber of the brand. Nike pays more for the same positions.

Work can usually be fun and laid back but there is a lot of work to do throughout the day to keep the store in good shoppable condition.

In summary, UA is a great place to work but don't plan on making a career out of it unless you are very patient or willing to relocate.
Pros
great discount, nice dress code
Cons
chaotic work schedule, constant changing of p&p
Never working there again.
Case Sealer / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CANovember 12, 2014
I work for a staffing agency called BBSI. They have me as well as hundreds of other BBSI employes there. The work is very simple. As long as you do what they say, you will be ok. But as far as getting hired on by the company, forget about it! You would be better off flipping burgers at McDonald's than do the work there for what they pay. They pay their employes $9.00 for what it at least suppose to be $10.00, that is nothing to live off of. There are a lot of hard workers, like myself, that have been there for roughly a year or more, yet not even hired on by the company. I'll remind you, we are team leads, and forklift drivers, yet not hired on and being paid $9.00/hr. How it works, simply, is if you are not their personal 'favorite', you simply do not get hired on, that is no matter how hard you work. There are young kids that haven't been there a month, yet they are given the positions instead of working for it, which is why I ended up leaving.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
you get the short end of the stick
Under Armour
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of folding clothes, keeping the floor neat and organized, providing customer service both on the floor and at register, helping on register when required, restocking, cleaning, and associating with customers. I learned a lot about the product as well as different ways to sell an item. The management was a bit of a mess but it all pulled together after a little bit, they were all young and weren't really understanding with situations. My co-workers were all really close with one another from working together so much. The hardest part of my job would have to be finding a customer a product similar to something they wanted if we didnt have the exact one in stock at that moment. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to have been the atmosphere as well as the people i worked with.
Pros
great discount, great coworkers
Cons
no breaks at times, no benefits, worked over 40 hours with out over time pay
Team
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 22, 2014
As an UA employee or Management Team, UA's morale is a healthy one. It could be due to the lifestyle it promotes. As a part time Spin Instructor, this was an awesome outlet to not only, to be able to speak to like minded customers, but also give positive feedback on the merchandise UA has to increase their efforts. The associates are always excited to come to work and the customers feel that when they come into the store. The hardest part of the job is difficult to determine, simply because, the atmosphere the team creates. Collectively, as manager and associates, everyone had something positive to offer in order to complete tasks. Their individuality created a 'team' with the same goal. Everyone respected their differences and it never caused division. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
love to have seen more golf/tennis for those athletes...
Distribution Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2016
Great relationships with Supervisor(s) & Team leaders. Like that there is a feeling of mutual respect between associates & managerial
staff. Day @ work begins with Sup getting all of us together in a huddle, tells us if we met our goal & how by how much. Then someone leads us in 5-10 mins of stretching exercises. Co-workers are helpful to learn from if I don't know what or how something is supposed to be done.Hardest part is around evening time with maybe an hour left to work & shipment arrives with very heavy boxes to be stacked. Enjoyable part is walking off the floor for the day knowing I did the best I could
Pros
T shirt or water bottles give away
Cons
Short lunches
It has its perks.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2015
A typical day at work is looking for spots on the floor hat are empty as well as working with the stock team to make sure all new items received are sent straight to the floor. I learned that teamwork in this job is essential a lot of people try to go lone wolf and it never works out and slows everyone down. Co-workers are okay people that like to hangout after work. Hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with mangers your ideas and plans for the week. Unless you have a manager who likes you a lot getting what you need or assistance is no easy task.
Pros
discount, company culture
Cons
horrible communication, unprofessional at times.
A Productive and Fast Workplace
Warehouse/ Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Under Armour is a Productive and Fast Workplace. It all Depends in what department you work in, But in Most you work on your own don't have to be team up with someone which is one of the Pros. Management is okay i do think it can be better. There is a lot of preference with the team members. But if your a hard working person, and can put up with the job and show them you can do the job that shouldn't be an obstacle to reach your goals.. Co-workers can be rude and mean at times, I guess it all depends. My Department in this Warehouse was Processing and what i liked about this job as soon i clocked in i was on my own doing my job, and just worrying about trying to reach the daily goal, didn't have to worry about no one and no drama. it was just me and my scanner, Reaching my daily goal....
A fun place to work when the store manager wasnt around, tyranical rule when he was there.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2014
I was only hired as a seasonal worker and the other employees and assistant managers were amazing and great people to work with everyday. However the store manager was the complete opposite showing personal feelings and vendettas towards employees, and being a complete jerk rather than give you constructive criticism if you messed up or had a mistake on the job. Apart from that, the half off benefits on all products is wonderful to have as it is an expensive company, and the most enjoyable part was meeting so many different people from all over the world due to our location being very tourist attracted.
fun work place with a great atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORDecember 5, 2014
everyone would help me learn D.R.I.V.E. Everyone was friendly and said Hi when they saw me and asked how I was doing. The managers would gather us up and we would talk about the goals that we were trying to get, then they would tell us the location we would be working. for example, men's, shoes, women's, dressing rooms. the hardest part of my job was breaking out of my shell and being loud and talkative to the customers, and the most enjoyable part of my day would be knowing that I help someone find something they were looking for.
Pros
great co-workers, 50% off of everything
Cons
if your a quite person you have to talk to customers all the time.
Under Armour
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Limerick, PAAugust 27, 2014
I love my job. I never thought i'd like retail but i do. It's very stressful and demanding at times but it's worth it. I learned alot about customer service and the whole process of price checking new items, the way things are hung and folded, how to use a register, etc. The management and my coworkers are easy to get along with. You just have to do your job. The hardest part is the clean up process after a busy day, like on a holiday. It looks like someone threw up clothes everywhere in the store. What i enjoy most is meeting people from all over the world and locally.
Very Fun Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 31, 2015
When I Got Employed With Under Armour I Had Nothing But Great Vibes They Allowed Us To Wear Their Clothes For Half Price Off And Make U Feel Like Its Just Another Average Day. The Managers Were Laid Back Nice And Just Like Any Other Employee There.
There Wasnt A Hard Part Of This Job Being Is Though It Was A Lifestyle Type Job. The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Was Helping Kids Out Getting The Shoes That They Actually Came In To Get And Leave Out The Store Happy.
Pros
Free Clothes Giveaways
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive day
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DESeptember 15, 2013
Overall, I enjoy working for this company. On a typical day at work, I open the store which involves counting the safe, opening the registers and filling out the Daily Game Plan. I zone my associates based on the needs of the business throughout the day. If it's a busy day, I spend most of my time on the sales floor Service Managing. If it's a slow day, I am doing other duties in the back, like damages, tagless, or assisting my Assistant Manager in making the schedule or any other task she needs help with. The hardest part of my job is having so much to do and not having the amount of day to finish it.
UA
Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2015
Overall Company Culture is amazing. CEO is inspiring, campus is updated constantly with all the amenities and preaches a work smart, not work long mind set. Unfortunately this mind set is lost within each department. Upper management acting only to advance and employees bear the brunt. It is disheartening as an employee to work for such and amazing company but no accountability at the manager/director level. Management will actually block you from applying to other positions in the company in order to keep you from leaving their department.
Pros
Great employee discount, fun events, overall culture is incredible
Cons
long hours expected (50+ hours), discouraged to advance outside or dept
Toxic Culture, no team, money over people
Tier 3 Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Under Armour stresses rapid growth and expansion, trying to grow 30 % year over year. the problem is they sacrifice their employees to get there. there is no team atmosphere for remote team members and employees are drastically over worked and under appreciated. i was working 60 hour weeks, 7 days a week and i was told i wasn't doing a professional enough job. management doesn't care if the employee needs help, makes statements and then lies just a few hours later. the stress was off the charts high.
Pros
50% off gear
Cons
stress, long hours, no respect, no advancement, no help
productive
Seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 1, 2014
A typical day at work I would clock in and quickly find myself work to do weather it was greeting customers, filling shelves, sorting the clearance rounders, making sure tags were tucked, making sure there was no trash on the floor, to ringing up customers when needed, that would take any where from an hour to an hour and half then management would finally see that I was there and give me the daily business and put me in my assigned area or on a specific task.
Pros
50% discount, 30 minuet lunch break on the clock
Cons
poor management, only 4 and 5 hour shifts, not many hours