Under Armour, Inc

Under Armour, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun and energetic workplace.
Seasonal Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: not quite enough hours
Selling, stocking, ringing up sales, and finding just the right item for the customers who entered the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great discount, great coworkers
Cons: no breaks at times, no benefits, worked over 40 hours with out over time pay
A typical day at work consisted of folding clothes, keeping the floor neat and organized, providing customer service both on the floor and at register, helping on register when required, restocking, cleaning, and associating with customers. I learned a lot about the product as well as different ways to sell an item. The management was a bit of a mess but it all pulled together after a little bit, they were all young and weren't really understanding with situations. My co-workers were all really close with one another from working together so much. The hardest part of my job would have to be finding a customer a product similar to something they wanted if we didnt have the exact one in stock at that moment. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to have been the atmosphere as well as the people i worked with.
Great place for advancement and training.
Product Line Manager - Footwear (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: advancement, resources, location, benefits
Cons: work/life balance, employee tunrover
Each day was different which made my job more interesting. I learned the whole product creation cycle from the best in the industry. Management had a clear vision and there was a lot of room for advancement. My co-workers became some of my closest friends. It truly was a family. Hitting tight deadlines was probably the biggest challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was being fulfilled when you saw one of your products in the market.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Sales associate things, folding, greeting and being positive
Overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: easy schedules
Under Armour is a great place to work for its a easy job and the people make coming to work fun. Management is normally come and go but after a while you get used to that.
Worked with some great people at horrible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Cons: long, late hours
I worked as part of the shipment team and my shifts were 9pm-2am which was very hard physically, but the great team members and management made it much more bearable. As we were in the store after hours and there were no customers around it was a pretty relaxed environment, we got fair breaks and were able to stay hydrated and eat as needed throughout the shift.
fun, easy, quick work environment, friendly co-workers.
Sales/merchandiser/packer (Former Employee), Rialto, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
hardest part of the job the schedule: 4 days a week, 10 hours a day from 4pm-2:30am.
Great Local Company
ASSOCIATE RETAIL MANAGER (Current Employee), Curtis Bay, MDDecember 30, 2014
Under Armour is a great company. Local company and worked under a great management staff that taught me a lot.
Fun working environment
Cash Wrap/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fremont, INDecember 28, 2014
Pros: advancement and people
Cons: pay
Busy, busy, busy. There is always sometihng to do and always room for advancement if you are determined to move up.
Team
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: love to have seen more golf/tennis for those athletes...
As an UA employee or Management Team, UA's morale is a healthy one. It could be due to the lifestyle it promotes. As a part time Spin Instructor, this was an awesome outlet to not only, to be able to speak to like minded customers, but also give positive feedback on the merchandise UA has to increase their efforts. The associates are always excited to come to work and the customers feel that when they come into the store. The hardest part of the job is difficult to determine, simply because, the atmosphere the team creates. Collectively, as manager and associates, everyone had something positive to offer in order to complete tasks. Their individuality created a 'team' with the same goal. Everyone respected their differences and it never caused division. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Maybe better with different management
P/T Stock and Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXDecember 19, 2014
Schedule was changed almost daily, and they would say that the needs of the business had changed. Made it difficult to work there and attend classes. My education had to take priority. Many working there that did not speak English at all, so that put added responsibility on others to get the job done quickly and on time.
ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNDecember 9, 2014
it was an ok place to work but wouldn't give any hours just your basic retail job
fun work place with a great atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, 50% off of everything
Cons: if your a quite person you have to talk to customers all the time.
everyone would help me learn D.R.I.V.E. Everyone was friendly and said Hi when they saw me and asked how I was doing. The managers would gather us up and we would talk about the goals that we were trying to get, then they would tell us the location we would be working. for example, men's, shoes, women's, dressing rooms. the hardest part of my job was breaking out of my shell and being loud and talkative to the customers, and the most enjoyable part of my day would be knowing that I help someone find something they were looking for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Locust Grove, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: 50% off employee discount
Cons: n/a
Typical day would be more of restocking UA products, helping customers in professional manner, and learning something new.

I'm recently learning how to become a sales lead.

My co-workers are extremely helpful.

Hardest part working at Under Armour is learning the different type of gear we have.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to use the 50% off discount we have.

Management is decent
Never working there again.
Case Sealer / Team Lead (Current Employee), Rialto, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: you get the short end of the stick
I work for a staffing agency called BBSI. They have me as well as hundreds of other BBSI employes there. The work is very simple. As long as you do what they say, you will be ok. But as far as getting hired on by the company, forget about it! You would be better off flipping burgers at McDonald's than do the work there for what they pay. They pay their employes $9.00 for what it at least suppose to be $10.00, that is nothing to live off of. There are a lot of hard workers, like myself, that have been there for roughly a year or more, yet not even hired on by the company. I'll remind you, we are team leads, and forklift drivers, yet not hired on and being paid $9.00/hr. How it works, simply, is if you are not their personal 'favorite', you simply do not get hired on, that is no matter how hard you work. There are young kids that haven't been there a month, yet they are given the positions instead of working for it, which is why I ended up leaving.
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 4, 2014
Management is great. All fellow employees are nice and hard working.
Great customer base with a product like no other
SALES ASSOCIATE-UNDER ARMOUR (Former Employee), Camarillo, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: pay rate
I would do stock, cashier duties, designated shoe specialist, merchandise, etc.
I learned that with hard work you can move up quickly. My supervisor was a work horse and I felt the need to match/surpass that. It made me a candidate for management almost immediately.
Management was great. I consider her a mentor. She motivated me, and showed me how to mange my time better.
I had a variety of co-workers there. Young and old they came for different purposes and different walks of life. All were passionate about the product though.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion was the pay rate. Lot of hard work for no real big money. Management seem to be the position you'd want to be in but that is a very competitive spot.
Most enjoyable was the customer base. A lot of foreign people would come and shop and you would get to talk to people who lived have way across the world. Pretty neat.
it's all in the details
team leader (Former Employee), Curtis Bay, mdSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great shift schedules
Cons: advancement and hiring practices
Fast paced and stressful, but very manageable. Learned a great deal about the industry but it was not helpful towards advancement. No Retribution for whistleblowers depended on what subject was being exposed. Hiring practices could benefit if moved to an outside source.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Limerick, PAAugust 27, 2014
I love my job. I never thought i'd like retail but i do. It's very stressful and demanding at times but it's worth it. I learned alot about customer service and the whole process of price checking new items, the way things are hung and folded, how to use a register, etc. The management and my coworkers are easy to get along with. You just have to do your job. The hardest part is the clean up process after a busy day, like on a holiday. It looks like someone threw up clothes everywhere in the store. What i enjoy most is meeting people from all over the world and locally.
Great Company
Returns Processor/Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Curtis Bay, MDAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pretty good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great, very generous quarterly bonuses.
Under Armour is a good company. It's success and growth have been increasing dramatically.

1 2 3 4 5

About Under Armour, Inc

Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is a leading developer, marketer and distributor of branded performance products for men, women and youth. – Read more