- Trading and hedging of physical and non physical precious metals as per trading policies and procedures
- Perform metal transfers for trading accounts upon request
- Post incoming metal transfers to credit corresponding trading accounts
- Maintain daily trading sheets and ensure compliance with hedging limits
- Maintain daily foreign exchange hedging file and ensure compliance with forex limits
- Track daily product sales and refining settlements to maintain a hedged position that keeps metal price fluctuation risk and foreign exchange risk to a minimum
- Coordinate & timely sourcing of raw material as per manufacturing and sales requirements & specifications.
- Enter metal markets and foreign exchange transaction into accounting software system
- Daily confirmation and reconciliation of metal consignment and fund balances with metal suppliers
- Maintain metal loans with other trading desks and ensure timely metal turnover to minimize metal loan interests
- Prepare and manage metal loan evaluations to customers to ensure compliance of margin requirements
- Daily reconciliation of metal transactions and forex transactions
- Manage Trading desk to grow the profitability of bullion sales
- Review and post monthly metal loan interests to accounting software system
- Other duties as assigned
- A diploma/degree in business or accounting along with 3 years experience in a financial setting
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables.
- Proactive and can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with accounting software and office productivity tools. Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level, prior experience with ERP systems
- Effective investigation and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and entrepreneurial skills.
- Keen eye for detail, and the ability to spot potentially fraudulent or dishonest activities
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional and objective manner
- Effectively manage precious metal trading & foreign exchange transactions to minimize risk and financial loss
Umicore Precious Metals Canada Inc. is a leading supplier of precious metals products, assaying and refining services in Canada and the USA. The company operates from its facilities in Markham, ON. Umicore, a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council, also has ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety) certifications.