- Technical support to sales, customer service & customers: provide technically correct answers to questions concerning product performance and requirements as well regarding the scope of and issues of services provided
- Provide technical/metallurgical support to all other departments by participating in complaint investigations, process and product improvement trials, corrective and preventive actions, EHS follow-ups, document updates and so on
- Participate in projects regarding new alloy, product or service introductions and equipment commissioning as assigned
- Prepare samples, conduct tests (metallography, metrology, mechanical properties etc.), and analyze data and present findings
- Maintain proper documentation and issue certificates of compliance or analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a three or four year college diploma (or equivalent) with knowledge of both chemical and physical metallurgy
- Hands-on and results oriented
- Attention to detail and good communication
- Effective both when working in a team and independently
- Direct shop experience or prior experience in a similar environment considered a strong asset
- Successful completion of project management and H&S courses is an asset
TO APPLY: Please email your resume in MS Word or PDF format to mkmcareers(at)umicore(dot)com
Umicore Precious Metals Canada Inc. is a leading supplier of precious metals products, assaying and refining services in Canada and the USA. The company operates from its facilities in Markham, ON. Umicore, a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council, also has ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety) certifications.
Umicore is a materials technology group. Its activities are centered on four business areas: Advanced Materials, Precious Metals Products...