Umbra is a world leader in providing innovative and contemporary home accessories designed with originality and high quality as the focus. Recognized as a truly entrepreneurial workplace, we offer a dynamic, results-oriented team environment for our passionate team of associates. Assists in preparing shipments for proper and timely compliance, including routing and documentation following customer routing guides; ensures the shipment of customer orders on a timely basis.
- Adhere to customer requirements for shipping, EDI, and delivery.
- Run pick ticket generation and bridging programs in WMS in order to prepare orders for waving/releasing to warehouse.
- Segregate orders by customer type, shipping method and various other criteria within WMS before waving/releasing to warehouse floor for processing.
- Continuously communicates with customers and carriers to ensure documentation and routing is correct.
- Liaise with customers’ routing departments to ensure prompt pickup of all orders.
- Determine the most efficient method for shipping to non-routed customers based on cost/service and customer requirements.
- Contributes to or is responsible for correct preparation of bills of lading.
- Review all freight charges from outside carriers.
- Perform rate quotes for Customer Service.
- Investigate all Proof of Delivery requests and customer non-compliance charges.
- Work closely with Key Accounts, Customer Service, Design and Category Management teams to coordinate same day samples and rushes for warehouse.
- Run daily wave report to ensure orders are shipping in a timely manner.
- Other tasks will be assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge of all MXP/PKMS functions and systems that pertain to logistics and traffic procedures.
- Two to three years’ experience in freight logistics with third party logistics providers.
- Works very well and communicates effectively with all associates, in Buffalo and Canada; maintains positive attitude; generates good associate relations in daily interaction with others.
- Demonstrate a flexible work attitude to allow for interruption of work being performed and then return to original work. Is able to keep multiple projects going at the same time.
- Expected to show job interest by contributing to suggestions to improve efficiency, productivity, safety, communications, etc.
- Can work flex hours and overtime as necessary to maintain customer commitments.
- Demonstrates high degree of job dependability and regularity.
We thank you for applying, we will only contact those that are selected for an interview.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Umbra is the worldwide leader in original, casual, contemporary, affordable design for the home. The company's products are available at...