Umbra is a world leader in providing innovative and contemporary home accessories designed with originality and high quality as the focus. Recognized as a truly entrepreneurial workplace, we offer a dynamic, results-oriented team environment for our passionate team of associates. Assists in preparing shipments for proper and timely compliance, including routing and documentation following customer routing guides; ensures the shipment of customer orders on a timely basis.
- Adhere to customer requirements for shipping, EDI, and delivery.
- Run pick ticket generation and bridging programs in WMS in order to prepare orders for waving/releasing to warehouse.
- Segregate orders by customer type, shipping method and various other criteria within WMS before waving/releasing to warehouse floor for processing.
- Continuously communicates with customers and carriers to ensure documentation and routing is correct.
- Liaise with customers’ routing departments to ensure prompt pickup of all orders.
- Determine the most efficient method for shipping to non-routed customers based on cost/service and customer requirements.
- Contributes to or is responsible for correct preparation of bills of lading.
- Review all freight charges from outside carriers.
- Perform rate quotes for Customer Service.
- Investigate all Proof of Delivery requests and customer non-compliance charges.
- Work closely with Key Accounts, Customer Service, Design and Category Management teams to coordinate same day samples and rushes for warehouse.
- Run daily wave report to ensure orders are shipping in a timely manner.
- Other tasks will be assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge of all MXP/PKMS functions and systems that pertain to logistics and traffic procedures.
- Two to three years’ experience in freight logistics with third party logistics providers.
- Works very well and communicates effectively with all associates, in Buffalo and Canada; maintains positive attitude; generates good associate relations in daily interaction with others.
- Demonstrate a flexible work attitude to allow for interruption of work being performed and then return to original work. Is able to keep multiple projects going at the same time.
- Expected to show job interest by contributing to suggestions to improve efficiency, productivity, safety, communications, etc.
- Can work flex hours and overtime as necessary to maintain customer commitments.
- Demonstrates high degree of job dependability and regularity.
We thank you for applying, we will only contact those that are selected for an interview.
Umbra is the worldwide leader in original, casual, contemporary, affordable design for the home. The company's products are available at...