IT Analyst, Infrastructure
Umbra is a world leader in providing innovative and contemporary home accessories designed with originality and high quality as the focus. Recognized as a truly entrepreneurial workplace, we offer a dynamic, results-oriented team environment for our passionate team of associates.
This position is responsible for supporting Systems Engineers in Global Infrastructure Operational activities – monitoring, managing and addressing the global data network equipment and system applications.
The position also requires the individual to participate in second level end user support by resolving network, software or hardware related issues on client machines.
- Supporting resource for IT issues, infrastructure configuration and management.
- Configure/Monitor/Troubleshoot/Maintain/Administer overall systems including:
o VMware ESXi architecture
o Exchange 2010 / BES / ActiveSync / Blackberry & Mobile Device Hardware
o Citrix platform
o Firewall and VPN Connectivity
o Routers and switches (LAN / MPLS WAN/ point to point VPN)
o Wireless infrastructure
o Network Monitoring
o DNS / DHCP / Active Directory
o SAN Management
o Backup scheduling and monitoring & planned restore testing
o Desktops/Laptops/Thin Client deployment
o Print Servers / File Servers / DFS Replication
o PBX and IP Telephony
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and minimum five (05) year experience in similar capacity.
- Technical knowledge network & server Technologies.
- Technical knowledge of systems management and network monitoring.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience with systems outlined above.
- Good understanding of the organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language with a customer service orientation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
Work is performed in a comfortable office environment. There is a low level of risk for accidents involved in this position; however, potential safety hazards include frequent exposure to the plant environment.
Due to the global nature of this position, attendance in teleconference meetings and scheduled and unscheduled after hours/weekend work is required.
The incumbent understands, respects and adheres to the workplace Health & Safety rules and regulations.
For more information about Umbra, please visit our website at www.umbra.com .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.