Ultramar

Ultramar Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hardwork and Long Days
Gas Attendant (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONAugust 31, 2014
Start early morning and work till about 5 in the afternoon. Lots of heavy lifting. Must be good with tools and precise measurements.
Amazing people to work with.
Store clerk (Former Employee), New Minas Nova ScotiaMay 9, 2014
Over all my time at Ultramar was very good. But back in Nova Scotia there was really no spot for advancement at all unless someone moved away or retired.
over all good, gave me good experience
Support Staff (Former Employee), Sainte-agathe-des-monts, QCMarch 3, 2014
Gained great customer service experience, time management skills, organization skills.
Fast paced workplace where I learned many new skills
Cashier/ Baker (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great co workers, excellent place to show my customer service skills.
Cons: no scheduled breaks, so we couldn't be off cash for more than 10 minutes at a time unless it was an emergency.
A typically day at work here is pretty straight forward, fast paced job to keep me always on my feet, always something to do to keep me busy. I learned many valuable life skills such as customer service, sales, and also the food service industry such as sandwich making and also baking. I have worked there for a long time so my co workers became kind – more... of like a family, we all got along and worked very well together. The toughest part of my job were running cash and bakery when I was working by myself in the store, but it kept for a busy and fast paced shift. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co workers, we get along so well and whenever there is a new recruit we make sure he or she feels welcome. – less
Hard job, really long hours, hard on my school life
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Fergus, ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: holiday bonuses, time and a half
I miss working at blinkhorns, was making great money and people where great but hours were way to long was affaecting my school life and family life.
An environment that helps mold young individuals into strong team leaders
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint-Lazare, QuebecOctober 17, 2013
A well organized and intelligently managed work place where learning is part of an every day experience, clients become friends and the happiness of all is expected and not just hoped for. A lot of my work attitude and organizational skills derived from this job experience.
Salary benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee), Peterborough, LakefieldAugust 22, 2013
Pros: meeting with different people
Cons: long shifts some time 16 to 17 hours
from my job in the Ultramar I come to know about the satisfaction level of an employer. What a canadian employer want from his employee and if you are able to provide him that services than you can be a good employee.
Fun work environment, very fast paced and very friendly customers
Senior Staff (Former Employee), Pictou, NSAugust 14, 2013
Cons: no flexibility in the work hours.
Typical day at work was busy, yet enjoyable, I enjoyed waiting on such friendly customers, most of who were recurring customers.
Manager and co-workers were good people to work with.
The hardest part of the job were that there was no flexibility in the hours, resulting in no work/life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was kept busy, – more... and I really enjoyed the customers which made the job that much better. – less
A very clean aviroment
Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: poor management
I also enjoy going to work there everybody is great I was always helping people which makes me happy. I have learn all about gas ,shipping and receiving ,I also to count my float ,cigarettes and lotteries.
It was a good job. I met lots of people.
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Brighton, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: long hours, and i was able to make some friends out of some of my customers.
Cons: when their family members came from overseas and i was terminated.
A typical day consisted of me coming in at 5:00am and getting the store ready for the day (ie. counting the till, doing the DIP's, and setting out stock) I learned how to multi-task, having to be able to get propane tanks, turn on pumps, and ring customers in.

Management was alright. The store changed hands twice when I was there. The first set of – more... managers had been there for years and really knew how to keep things running smoothly. The ones that took over next were not ready for the amount of people that come in on a daily bases, but they quickly adjusted.

I only had 1 other co-worker who happened to be a friend of the family, so him and I got along great!

The hardest part of the job was when the new owners took over they didn't know how to keep up on stock. Even though I wrote stuff down whenever we ran out, they just couldn't seem to have it come in on time. Customers always use to complain about the prices too, being a small gas station a quart of oil would cost $5.00 (+tax) when the Home Hardware behind us sold the same stuff for $3.50 (+tax) ,this made customers upset, and I don't like see my customers unhappy.

The most enjoyable parts were meeting all the people. Since the Ultramar where I worked was in a tourist town people always came in looking for directions, or just wanted to ask about the local sites that they could see. Some customers would only come in on my shift, they loved to chat about current evens or the local gossip (wasn't really into the local gossip, but the customers always right!) They made my job very enjoyable. – less
A outgoing place .
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Trenton, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: regular customers .
Cons: running the store my self . ( was very different, but i enjoyed it ).
I loved working night shifts at Ultramar. The customers were always polite and respectfull . Working at the ultramar I learned alot . Such as operating the lotto machien , security systems , Gas pumps . I was able to be on routine with cleaning . The night shifts were great , As there was hours it would be completly dead and you can complete task , – more... times where you have the odd customer aswell as rush hour . I was able to learn to work in all the above enviorments .
I had a great boss who would take his time to show me something if i didnt understand. Very responable as well determind. Never say you can't . The shifts were get as well . I was not promised a lot of hours as thats what i was looking for . But he managed to get me to work 3 to 4 days a week . – less
Interesting place to work
Attendant (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: different types of clientele from my other job
Cons: no actual breaks for the day
I worked the day shift every Sunday from 7 to 3. I was in charge of the coffee for customers and processing their gas and other purchases. Both the staff and management were easy to work for, which made for an enjoyable atmosphere.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Riverview, NBDecember 30, 2012
the staff and the environment were great.
I learned a lot about cash, and how its run.
I think the hardest part of the job was remembering where things on the cash were located, but as time passed it did get easier to remember.
Being Disrespected by fellow co-worker's
Storefront Employee/Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 8, 2012
Pros: i would always's be recognized for my genuine, and, strong efforts.
Cons: i did not alway's receive the right ammount of help from co-workers, but no one is perfect.
There was a few occasion's that led to a couple of my co-worker's being disrespectful, and I kindly informed them that the tone and nature of there comment's were completely unacceptable to use while in the work environment, they did not like this very much but the main important thing is that I remained calm and respected those individuals whether – more... they had respect for me or not, everyone deserves equal respect, just like every company/organization deserves Loyal hardworking employee's.

My management at the time had taken the courtesy, to also let my fellow Co-worker's relize how they were reacting in a public work environment, and warned them of the possibilities and consequences of there actions.

After about a week of my management confronting the two girl's, they started slowly earning my trust and respect by treating me as they would like to be treated themselve's, which in the end was a big relief for me considering it was a very uncomfortable situation.

I would have to say that the most difficult aspect of working with the company would have been coming in for shift change and everything not be accomplished or completed upon the expected shift shcedule of tasks to be completed.

The most enjoyable part of my job with he company was, building more clientele for the company ,also, always having something to do to keep my mind occupied ,and, focused.

This a short summary of my genuine and most efficient professionalism ,and, business ethic's that I will remain loyal
to no matter what, Because I know in the end I am doing the right thing for me and company to continue a fine healthy relationship between myself ,and, the companie's Clientele. – less
The corporation had very relaxed environment.
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 1, 2013
I was given responsibility to reconcile several gas terminal along with variance analysis. I always finished before the due date which was at the end of the month and also assisted other people to get the job done.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), nbFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: low stress
Cons: odd hours
Loved working there. the early/late hours were hard, but all jobs come with a downside. overall, loved how low key it was.
Avis
Analyste d'application service à la clientèle (Former Employee), MontrealJuly 23, 2014
Depuis que Ultramar est devenu CST les avantages sociaux ont diminués
travail de bureau
Assistante-Gérante (Former Employee), UltramarJune 6, 2014
Pros: travailler dans le bureau
Être dans un bureau et s'occuper de la documentation, remplir des documents, faire des lettres.
Une formation digne d'un pro
Caissier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2014
Lorsque j'ai commencé à travailler au Ultramar j'ai apprécié l'environemment de travail les employer de chez Ultramar le gérant était très agréable.
Environnement de travail agréable
Convenience Store Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 19, 2014
Pros: bonne gérance
Cons: pas d'aventage sociaux
Harmonie et fraternité entre mes coéquipier en tout temps.