Ultra Electronics Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Environnement de travail restreint
C++ Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2017
C'est une compagnie militaire, donc le travail est assez rigoureux, ce fut une experience lors de ma these de maitrise ou je devais ecrire des lignes de codes dans le simulateurs NS3 afin de pouvoir tester les réseaux LTE et WiMAX.
Best place I've ever worked at
RF/electronics Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 May 2014
Until the very end Ultra electronics/Telemus was my favorite place to work. Mostly because of the work, but I include most of the people there who were very nice and got along together (or at least, with me) and the working team sense of closeness and cooperation was the best I've seen anywhere. I learned many RF trade secrets from my mentors there, who were all very intelligent, and even though the hours were sometimes demanding, the rewards and respect from coworkers were well worth it. I'd go back there if I could, but no company that lays off people should contact them again, in my opinion.
Factory environment
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 August 2013
Great place to work, the wage is a little low for me, but the support of this company to its employees is great. They have a great benefit package, the lay offs have been longer than I have expected and has left me with no alternative financially but to seek other employment.
Pros
Great OT wage, unionized, great benefits, great management.
Cons
Low wage, layoffs
very family atmosphere
Assembly, Trainer and Repairs (Former Employee) –  montreal qc11 January 2013
everyday started with a good morning, most days were brain stroming with my co-worker. management sometimes lack communication with production line .the most enjoyable part of the day was the laughter share between co-workers and the hardest was getting lay off
Pros
payed over time when needed, when big contract were completed, we got pizza, if needed course to improve your job, the company would help, sick days, pension plain, and heath insurance
Cons
getting layed off