Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems Inc has earned its reputation as a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced communication, surveillance, command and control, and security systems for critical real-time applications in extreme environments. Examples of current projects are the integrated sonar system for the Royal Australian Navy’s new Air Warfare Destroyers (AWDs) and a Towed Array system for the Royal Dutch Navy.
We are now looking for exceptional CAD Designer for a contract position up to 6 months to work as part of a multi-discipline project design team, designing and developing the latest generation of underwater sensors and systems.
What are we looking for?
Successful candidates are likely to have a Mechanical Technologist qualification with demonstrable experience of mechanical design and development of compact electro-mechanical assemblies and equipment used in harsh environments.
Applicants possessing one or more of the following skills & abilities should apply:
- Experience in allocating and deriving requirements for mechanical components;
- Demonstrated competency in mechanical design using parametric modelling software (SOLIDWORKS or equivalent);
- Familiar with GD&T and drawing production to current standards;
- Understanding of structural analysis and failure analysis;
- Understanding of vibration theory / modal analysis;
- Understanding of Electrical Engineering principles;
- High reliability engineering;
- Hands on assembly of high value - low volume systems.
- Experience in part design in accordance with part manufacturing technology capabilities (e.g. part design for plastic mouldings, CNC machining, sheet metal, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
Our working environment is fast-paced, results oriented and suited to those who thrive on change.
Our projects are diverse, technically challenging and innovative.
Our people are intelligent, creative and great to work with.