Ultimate Software

Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job/family culture. We're not just a team. We're family.
Cloud Activations Technician Tier (Current Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Free lunches, free breakfasts once a month. Additional training offered.
Cons: Not a lot of company benefits for part-time employees, no paid vacation for part time employees.
This is an excellent company to work for. Ultimate software has and continues to treat their employees like gold so to speak. Over the years I've made myself a valuable asset to the team by gathering knowledge and through excellent training from the management team in my dept. I came in with no experiance and no knowledge of any software or applications the company dealt with. A typical day at work for me is simply getting through as many tickets as possible. Such as setting up security roles for clients, adding users for certain security roles for clients, setting up company active directories and whatnot. I can discuss more specifics when the time comes for an interview. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines for important or VIP clients. Which I'm able to handle as my supervisors can attest. Any ticket thrown my way on short notice I take it on with no questions asked. The most enjoyable part of my job, however, is knocking down our queue to make room for fresh new business clients. Also the occasional company luncheon and breakfast once a month. However, I've missed out on a lot of those since I started working from home 2 years ago. It's good to know we have a CEO that appreciates our employees as it extends to the higher ups and below.
Great company to work for.
Subject Matter Expert/Tax Lead (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Pay, benefits, culture
Cons: Payment Services Management
Ultimate Software was a great company to work for. They pride themselves in placing people first and ensuring that every customer experience is a positive one.
Great Company, growing fast.
Solutions Expert (Current Employee), Ankeny, IAJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Great Culture
Cons: A lot is expected, not really a con, but expect to have a lot expected of you!
Wonderful company! Best choice I ever made coming here. They expect a lot from you but they give a lot as well. From day one it was like that point in Wizard of OZ when Dorthy opens the doors and suddenly everything is in color....You don't realize you are living in black and white until you see technicolor for the first time.
Productive, fun environment with great people
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2015
They truly believe in people first! They provide amazing benefits and work to provide a team environment. Great team mentality throughout entire organization!
Great "concept" of company culture
Services Training Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits for ee and family paid by company, 401K 40% match, Breakfast, Coffee, Lunches, occasional company trips, etc.
Cons: Managers instead of Leaders despite the leadership training offered by US, Too many customers assigned to account managers/customer service representatives
They are pushing to achieve an organizational goal of productive, yet fun culture. The work/life balance is off tremendously, and people are working to keep their jobs. Overall, great place to work, as long as you understand it's more of a call center and the customer to customer service ratio is not manageable.
Great culture and environment with great team to work for and management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Weston, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed working for Ultimate as it was a challenging work environment with co-workers that would always help when needed and a management team that would be there when I needed them.
Greatest company on earth!
People Success Manager (Current Employee), Weston, FLAugust 10, 2015
Not much more I can say. The company treats its people better then any other company I have ever worked for. Sure, the word is challenging, why would you want to work for something that anyone could accomplish.

People First is real, it isn't a slogan for marketing.
Great company but becoming more and more corporate and less about people first
Anonymous (Current Employee), AnonymousJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits, perks, culture
Cons: No true HR Department, need more equality and less favortism, too much internal politics.
Let me start by saying how much I love US! Although I fear that we are straying farther and farther away from the People First motto that we have traditionally strived to maintain. Our HR team truly cares about US and all our UltiPeeps. However, they are more loyal to Managers than they are for level 1 employees. There is a lot of inequality within the organization and if the EEOC decided to audit the organization, I have a feeling there would be some concerns.

From the recruitment side, I have had referral candidates tell me that they no longer have an interest to work with US due to bad experiences throughout the recruitment process. Recruiters do not communicate with rejected candidates and are not honest with their feedback. The People First culture should start with the recruitment process and who knows who those undesirable candidates know out there in the world. We want to always feel proud of our organization, no matter who we talk to and this type of experience is disheartening.

Internal politics and favortism hinders the organization. Those who are friends or friends of friends etc with upper management usually get ahead over and beyond those who may be more if not much more qualified. This usually happens more with more seniored upper level management who have been around almost since we were founded. There is a level of entitlement and a feeling of being invinsible. This trickles down and creates bad employee morale. The performance review system is way too subjective. This type of subjectivity should not exist in any workforce today. HR has come – more... a long way from Personnel and we need to adopt more of the HR side of the spectrum on this.

Overall, we are a great company but unless we hear this type of feedback and unless it is truly heard, I fear we may be going down the wrong path and eventually, it will be too late to make the changes that are needed. I hope this is heard and that we make our company even better. – less
Productive and Great Place to Work!
Rapid Response Professional (Current Employee), Altanta, GaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Monthly free events, Great managers and co-workers, Company paid healthcare
Cons: none
I love this company!! From day one, Ulti has embraced me and show so much support. A typical day involves, working and riding scooters through the building (I know, fun right)! My co-workers and managers are great to talk to and they are always there for support and to answer any questions you may have. I am never leaving this company, this is my second home!
Very Supportive Company
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee), Weston, FloridaJune 24, 2015
I love working here! Everyone is eager to help you succeed. They do not mind if you ask questions, and they very much make sure that you understand their answer.

Managers are supremely supportive of work life balance and encourage you to maintain that balance.

My coworkers are amazing and we work amazingly well as a team. US designed the environment to encourage you to reach out to your other team members anywhere in the company.
Great Culture
Executive Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Weston, FLJune 16, 2015
All about the employee and unbelievable culture. Best company I have ever worked for! Glad to have had this great opportunity.
Great place to work for
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Weston, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical day at work is well paced and quite relaxed(on most days) and when its not, management/teams recognize additional efforts that are put in.

Co-workers make this job truly worth it, a great mix of people who are smart, friendly and want similar things out of the job.

The paths of advancement are not clearly set out and take significant effort to figure out.

Benefits are amazing and pay is quite competitive.

Overall, quite satisfied.
Fun place to work for
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Weston, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
I feel very useful and productive here. Typical day includes working in a product feature in a team of really smart people. You really learn a lot from others and there is always something to do.
From time to time you have 48 hours to work on fun projects of your choice.
Technology wise. You are really gonna be working on the latest and greatest and if you consider a technology that you think can help with the implementation of a product feature, you wont find limits unless it's not cost effective.
Fun and friendly place to work
Software Development Intern (Former Employee), Weston, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free monthly ice cream truck/smoothie truck visits, great co-workers, free coffee, no uniforms, personal book fund
Ultimate has a very fun, fast paced work environment. I had a lot of amazing co-workers, many of whom I plan to continue to work with through open source projects in my free time. While there I learned a lot about automated testing web and desktop applications.
Best company ever
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Weston FLMarch 9, 2015
I have been working here for about 8 months, and it is honestly the best company I could imagine!

The benefits are remarkable, the people are laid back and fun. The CEO really cares about the people who work here. All in all, great experience so far.
Poor Management in Managed Services (Director & VP)
Managed Services Scottsdale associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no worklife balance, backwords thinking in managed services directors and vp
Typical day of work is 14 to 16 hours, not every day but most days. Most of my co-workers are dedicated to their work and work similar hours. Middle management is good. Director and VP are micro-managers and have brought down the moral of the entire office. They are back words thinkers, reactive not proactive. The Director has personally blocked career progression, just for her own personal satisfaction. Director is a complete micro manager. The VP let's this continue happening over and over again. Reassign Director and VP and things will improve 100 percent guaranteed. We can then become the real "Ultimate Software", the place that we were all sold when we were hired. There is no work life balance at all. Director believes that you are only successful if you dedicate your entire life to the job. That's a far cry from people first and family first.
Work Hard Play Hard culture
Account Manager (Current Employee), Weston, FLNovember 22, 2014
Ultimate Software has a great corporate culture that does compensate for the challenge of the Account Manager position. People First is their motto and it is definitely felt.

Working here has allowed me to learn what I refer to as the latest and greatest HR/Payroll software on the market. It was a great learning experience and the company is growing so quickly that the growth opportunities seem endless.
Technical Consultant Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2014
Company is non-structured so you'll often be working alongside managers. Makes approaching senior management very easy.
Really great company, with a great culture.
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Weston, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great culture.
I think this is a great company. I had a great time and a great experience. I would recommend working here to anybody
Fun yet stressful workplace
Seasonal Tax Form Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2014
Not many opportunities for growth .
Fun environment to work in.
Headquarters