Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 13, 2016
Fast Paced, Work days are full exceeding 11 hours on average. Work load is intense, unmanageable, so its difficult to deliver quality work and perform at your best which can be disheartening. Company events are fun and something to look forward to. The benefits are great, top notch, you couldn't ask for more, they are what make this company worth being a part of.
Benefits
Cons
Intense Workload, Quantity not Quality focused at times
Awesome Place To Work
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 13, 2016
This is a great company to work for, the walk the talk and they really do take care of us from the top down. I have worked at other companies where I would dread having to get up in the morning and go to work everyday, now I actually look forward to coming to work.

We have such an amazing culture and the people are awesome to work with, we hard the best and the brightest and we are not all nerds!

Between the trips and the food and the free goodies we get at the office we work hard but we play harder.

I also never have to spend a dime on my insurance or on my wife's insurance in this day and age this is unheard of. Come and join the fun!
Pros
Culture, Perks, Paid Insurance, Team Members
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 4, 2016
The people at Ultimate are what make it so great. Everyone is extremely smart, helpful, and amazing to work with. Couldn't ask for a better environment!
Pros
Great benefits package, free breakfast, smoothies, ice cream, throughout the month
Fun and relaxed workplace
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 29, 2016
Management is friendly. Good place to work, especially to start out. Everyone is really nice and easy to be around. Company is growing and headed in the right direction.
Scottsdale Ultipro director/management faill to uphold Ultipro core values
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2016
Ultipro is an amazing company Im honored to be apart of this company! However the Scottsdale Director and management are failing big time to recreate the "people first" and "do the right thing" atmosphere of the founder and other offices. Complete chaos on payroll days with faulty printers and folding machines, crazy late night hours to correct and get checks Out on time. Non existing training or communication with manager with all new hire on boarding. Zero support or basic intruction for first few weeks. Director is unprofessional, short tempered with the inability to act calm when problems arise and publicly belittles staff in yelling voice in front of peers creating a stressful atmospher. On the bright side the employees are awesome and are willing to help each other always going the extra mile and great attitudes! The only way to survive here is to already be in with the director who brought half of the current staff or be gifted in "kissing up". Very strange work experience thus far. Sadly it won't change in Scottsdale until there's a change in upper management. Best wishes on your job hunt!
Pros
Great co-workers, company and lots of food
Cons
Negative work environment created by Director
Scottsdale office
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2016
This job was sold on people first concept. Nothing but Bad vibes and horrible leadership. The manager had no experience and hypocritical message. Training was horrible and basically no one wants to train new people on the Apollo side. Work home Balance is not true and your stressed with unrealistic expectations. I think the rest of the company practices what they preach.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Negative atmosphere from Director
Good Starting Position out of College
Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Florida, Georgia, CaliforniaMarch 28, 2016
The Account Manager position has changed a lot. Currently they assign too much workload for the amount of pay. It is starting to feel like they are setting us up for failure with the number of accounts we are being given. Many have already left because of this, but they don't seem to get it. Management has been saying it will get better for months now, but will not specify how.
Pros
fully paid healthcare plan, lots of free food
Cons
Company is trying to keep labor force small, and pay low, compared to industry average, in order to boost the bottom line.
Your experience depends on your supervisor
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
The organization is in constant flux, reorganizing every 3 to 9 months. Your experience with the company will depend on your supervisor. Be aware that the situation that you joined when you were hired will change.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We do have changes within our organization, but just remember, "Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable." - William Pollard.

Great Company
Document Processor/ General Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2016
The level of professionalism at Ultimate Software is far beyond what I was accustomed to. The vast majority of workers are incredibly. This is a company that believes in putting family first.

Thank you so much for your review! #PeopleFirst #FamilyFirst

Great job/family culture. We're not just a team. We're family.
Cloud Activations Technician Tier (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. Ultimate software has and continues to treat their employees like gold so to speak. Over the years I've made myself a valuable asset to the team by gathering knowledge and through excellent training from the management team in my dept. I came in with no experiance and no knowledge of any software or applications the company dealt with. A typical day at work for me is simply getting through as many tickets as possible. Such as setting up security roles for clients, adding users for certain security roles for clients, setting up company active directories and whatnot. I can discuss more specifics when the time comes for an interview. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines for important or VIP clients. Which I'm able to handle as my supervisors can attest. Any ticket thrown my way on short notice I take it on with no questions asked. The most enjoyable part of my job, however, is knocking down our queue to make room for fresh new business clients. Also the occasional company luncheon and breakfast once a month. However, I've missed out on a lot of those since I started working from home 2 years ago. It's good to know we have a CEO that appreciates our employees as it extends to the higher ups and below.
Pros
Free lunches, free breakfasts once a month. Additional training offered.
Cons
Not a lot of company benefits for part-time employees, no paid vacation for part time employees.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! So happy to have you as a part of the #UltiFamily.

Great company to work for.
Subject Matter Expert/Tax Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Ultimate Software was a great company to work for. They pride themselves in placing people first and ensuring that every customer experience is a positive one.
Pros
Pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Payment Services Management

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We really do pride ourselves in putting our employees and our customers first. I am so sorry you had a negative experience with the Payment Services Management.

Great Company, growing fast.
Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJanuary 12, 2016
Wonderful company! Best choice I ever made coming here. They expect a lot from you but they give a lot as well. From day one it was like that point in Wizard of OZ when Dorthy opens the doors and suddenly everything is in color....You don't realize you are living in black and white until you see technicolor for the first time.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
A lot is expected, not really a con, but expect to have a lot expected of you!

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review!! So happy to have you as a part of the growing #UltiFamily :)

Productive, fun environment with great people
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2015
They truly believe in people first! They provide amazing benefits and work to provide a team environment. Great team mentality throughout entire organization!

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to have you as a part of the growing #UltiFamily :)

Great "concept" of company culture
Services Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2015
They are pushing to achieve an organizational goal of productive, yet fun culture. The work/life balance is off tremendously, and people are working to keep their jobs. Overall, great place to work, as long as you understand it's more of a call center and the customer to customer service ratio is not manageable.
Pros
Health Benefits for ee and family paid by company, 401K 40% match, Breakfast, Coffee, Lunches, occasional company trips, etc.
Cons
Managers instead of Leaders despite the leadership training offered by US, Too many customers assigned to account managers/customer service representatives

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to have you as a part of the growing #UltiFamily. We are currently working on the number of customers assigned to each customer service representative, and we are hiring for more customer service reps!

Great culture and environment with great team to work for and management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed working for Ultimate as it was a challenging work environment with co-workers that would always help when needed and a management team that would be there when I needed them.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to have had you as a part of the #UltiFamily. If you are ever interested in coming back, do let us know and apply :)

Greatest company on earth!
People Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 10, 2015
Not much more I can say. The company treats its people better then any other company I have ever worked for. Sure, the word is challenging, why would you want to work for something that anyone could accomplish.

People First is real, it isn't a slogan for marketing.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to have you as a part of the #UltiFamily.

Great company but becoming more and more corporate and less about people first
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 16, 2015
Let me start by saying how much I love US! Although I fear that we are straying farther and farther away from the People First motto that we have traditionally strived to maintain. Our HR team truly cares about US and all our UltiPeeps. However, they are more loyal to Managers than they are for level 1 employees. There is a lot of inequality within the organization and if the EEOC decided to audit the organization, I have a feeling there would be some concerns.

From the recruitment side, I have had referral candidates tell me that they no longer have an interest to work with US due to bad experiences throughout the recruitment process. Recruiters do not communicate with rejected candidates and are not honest with their feedback. The People First culture should start with the recruitment process and who knows who those undesirable candidates know out there in the world. We want to always feel proud of our organization, no matter who we talk to and this type of experience is disheartening.

Internal politics and favortism hinders the organization. Those who are friends or friends of friends etc with upper management usually get ahead over and beyond those who may be more if not much more qualified. This usually happens more with more seniored upper level management who have been around almost since we were founded. There is a level of entitlement and a feeling of being invinsible. This trickles down and creates bad employee morale. The performance review system is way too subjective. This type of subjectivity should not exist in any workforce today. HR has come
  more... a long way from Personnel and we need to adopt more of the HR side of the spectrum on this.

Overall, we are a great company but unless we hear this type of feedback and unless it is truly heard, I fear we may be going down the wrong path and eventually, it will be too late to make the changes that are needed. I hope this is heard and that we make our company even better.
Pros
Benefits, perks, culture
Cons
No true HR Department, need more equality and less favortism, too much internal politics.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review. I will make sure to forward your concerns :) We are so happy to have you as a part of the #UltiFamily.

Productive and Great Place to Work!
Rapid Response Professional (Current Employee) –  Altanta, GaJuly 1, 2015
I love this company!! From day one, Ulti has embraced me and show so much support. A typical day involves, working and riding scooters through the building (I know, fun right)! My co-workers and managers are great to talk to and they are always there for support and to answer any questions you may have. I am never leaving this company, this is my second home!
Pros
Monthly free events, Great managers and co-workers, Company paid healthcare

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to have you as a part of the #UltiFamily :)

Very Supportive Company
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FloridaJune 24, 2015
I love working here! Everyone is eager to help you succeed. They do not mind if you ask questions, and they very much make sure that you understand their answer.

Managers are supremely supportive of work life balance and encourage you to maintain that balance.

My coworkers are amazing and we work amazingly well as a team. US designed the environment to encourage you to reach out to your other team members anywhere in the company.

Great Culture
Executive Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 16, 2015
All about the employee and unbelievable culture. Best company I have ever worked for! Glad to have had this great opportunity.

4.4