Uline

Uline Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work day flies by
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Work day flies by. I've learned how to consolidate product to save customers money on shipping. Some co-workers are ok, and some are still in middle school, mentally that is. Most enjoyable part of the day is The End.
very customer focused
x employee (Former Employee), wiMarch 6, 2013
Pros: health club
Cons: no comment
customer is number one ...............................................................
Whatz your AGE at the INTERVIEW
not hired (Former Employee), WIFebruary 5, 2013
Nothing like being denied a job because they asked a loaded question on the applications at the interview. My AGE! Talk about a age discrimination!
interview they not serious
Manager (Former Employee), MNJanuary 26, 2013
I have all the qualifications, I felt they were not serious about even filling this positions.
Great People Poorly Managed
Manager (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: family-owned business
Uline does a great job of hiring quality people.
Uline does a poor job of managing them with respect
Loved the daily challenges of the business
Load and unload
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: giving the ordering and being able to work consistantly
Cons: others being careless and becoming a safety hazard
Load and unload freight pieces. I learned how to use a standup and sit down forklift. Management did a good job keeping you aware of the pieces needed. Co-workers covered their areas and assisted other as needed. Hardest part is of the job was making the early morning commute. I enjoyed the responsibility thats place upon you by the company.

January 11, 2013

I was wondering how you got the job to begin with because just like others on this site, I have the requisite experience and received a letter stating that they had other, more qualified candidates, yet the job is still posted to their website..... Just wondering

Fast growing, successful, privately held company
Assistant Controller (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 13, 2012
It is a professional culture emphasizing customer service and a commitment to improvement and growth. Typical days are relatively long. There are several company functions a year for you to interact with co-workers. The work environment is very nice with a cafeteria and work-out facility in house.
Hitler-style environment
Warehouse Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: higher paid warehouse jobs around
Cons: see info posted below
Spent 6 years here as a manager. Lead by fear of terminating employees and you will be fine here. Play favorites and go drinking with the boss and you will be fine here. Laugh at all his jokes too or else. Make sure your red and blues are ironed and clean like a military academy. Dont forget your belt or you will be sent home without pay and dont return – more... without it. Not structured accountability, if you are not liked, you will be cast typed for the entire duration you work there. Only structured policy is attendance. Dont miss a clock in punch or you will be written up. Make sure your workstation or machine is spotless. Use windex to clean the keyboards with a cotton swab. Dont forget to get fired for something you had nothing to do with.... – less

January 14, 2013

"Hitler-style environment" I agree.... They don't care.

BEST PLACE TO WORK REALLY CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEE
OPERATION MANAGER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2012
TIME GO BY FAST.
GOOD BENIFIT ,EASY JOB I EVER HAD BEFORE AND MAKE REALLY GOOD MONEY.

THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS WAKING UP EARLY AND THE MOURNING HONESTLY THIS COMPANY REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.
NO Comments
UPS shipping line, Shipping Loader/Receiver (Former Employee), PAJuly 25, 2012
there is no comment i want to make on the company, there are things ppl love and hate about jobs but i am not going to degrade a company bc of my differences

September 27, 2012

TELL IT LIKE IT IS

Fun Environment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), MNJune 25, 2012
Work fast pace
Physical work
fun co-workers
learn new things everyday on the job

October 20, 2012

Like all the others, I applied and have the prerequisite work and educational requirements, yet 48 hours later I received the dreaded qualifications not matching what we're (Uline) is looking for. But the positions are still looking to be filled. Perhaps, Uline should specify EXACTLY what they're looking for instead of nebulous, general outline. It says, no shouts out loud, what this company is about, it seems...

May 19, 2013

They post job openings when there are no job openings.This practice should be against the law.This company sucks from the top down.

You feel great before you get into work, then want to run out of the building at full throttle!
Web designer (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 5, 2012
Pros: beautiful corporate headquarters
Cons: crazy and full of people who don't know how to manage
Uline is a very successful company, but suffers from massive internal disorder. The culture there makes The Office look like a normal business. If you love stability and a place that appreciates talented people, then apply elsewhere. Also, beware of companies that make you take a multitude of tests just to get in the door...and then a multitude of tests – more... when you interview. That's a sign of internal problems stemming from past lawsuits.// – less
good place to work
Warehouse Point - Restock and Vendor (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 22, 2012
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: not enough time off
Good but busy place to work. Management has alot of faorites.
Robotic Interview Processor
sales (Former Employee), AtlantaMay 9, 2012
Pros: it's a living.
Cons: sterile and robotic
I interviewed with this company and I agree with an earlier review. They are extremely structured, and fail to see the value of human resources. My interviewer lack personality and the environment seemed sterile.

This may be the reason this job has been online for quite sometime!

May 18, 2012

I agree, I see this post daily and had previously put in my resume as I have all the qualifications and then some, but was quickly denied yet they still seem to keep posting..must not need to fill the position that quickly. Heard negative feedback on the company from previous employers.

May 29, 2012

I went to an interview for a forklift operator with Uline. I feel my interviewer and the company got intimidated by me having a Bachlor Degree in IT. I have over 5 years warehouse/D.C. experience as well as forklift and pallet jack certified and HR calls me and informs me I was over qualified. Well I see that same position still open too, thanks for wasting my gas and time Uline, and please don't judge applicants because of their skills and knowledge its just wrong.

May 31, 2012

I had the same experience. I have years of experience, passed all their screening requirements and the only thing they really asked was how much longer I am going to work. Yes I have gray hair. Go figure.

July 11, 2012

I am more than qualified for the the posted HR Coordinator position, which I have seen up for at least 2 months, however, no less than 24 hours after I submit my resume I get a denial e-mail, stating that I do not match the criteria of the other canidates. Obviously, they do not have any candidates since this position has been posted forever and a day. This is why unemployement levels are so high. I am taking this to my congress person. Unbelieveable. Just because I have X years of experience and a the required college degree, should not disqualify me from the job. I was not even asking for a certain amount of pay. I just need a job. I am willing to stay with this company and grow with it. Just give me a chance!

August 16, 2012

My resume and work history is a spitting image of their job requirements yet I received a response 24hrs after submitting my resume that my qualifications did not meet their requirements. I have seen this CSR position posted on every online site I go on since 2008, no kidding.

September 21, 2012

As all others commenting here I have had the same experience. I have all the qualifications for the position that I applied to and a rejection letter very soon after. The same positions keep showing up and it seems they never fill them. This is a perfect example as to why so many qualified people are out of work. I can't figure it out, there must be a secret web page that explains the rules and I don't have the URL.....

September 28, 2012

I have the nedded skills to perform this job, although Uline wants someone that actually can't think. What I mean is, if you've been in the work force arena for any time at all, you don't fit the bill of what they are looking for. Your suggestions are not welcomed, nor nedded. Sit at your desk, or rather forklift and don't talk to anyone.

October 1, 2012

I applied for a sales position about a half a dozen times and got the same rejection letter every time. I was in the packaging/shipping supply business for over 25 years and at one time or another have sold just about every item in their catalog. I could do this sales job with half my brain, yet I'm not qualified???

January 20, 2013

I got an unexpected cold call interview and not advised about it I expected that it was a call to attend to the office interview or at least to let me know when its a best time for that. Same question asked 3 times pretty much Do you want to be a janitor for the rest of your life ? gave an honest answer NO because I have other skill that eventually would like to match it with any position available in the company, because I have over 10 years in customer service and over a year cleaning experience. I sensed that I was talking to a 18 year girl helping in the HR office. way to go Uline I should had taken the reviews more serius before apply so I dont have to waste my time.

May 28, 2013

I have been passively looking for another sales position since late last fall. I actually had a phone interview for a south Atlanta sales job in January, then I received a rejection email a few days later. They have continued to run the SAME POSITION not only on indeed, but on monster, careerbuilder and who knows where else. This is not the only company doing this, but they seem to be the most blatant I've seen in my area. They have been running the same bunch of sales ads for well over a year probably. What a bunch of IDIOTS. They also asked me an illegal AGE QUESTION during my phone interview. I believe I actually told the lady I was talking to (who was not young..seemed in 40s, maybe) that asking AGE is an ILLEGAL QUESTION, which probably didn't help my chances, but if they are ageists anyway, what did I have to lose? I checked the company out online, and the owners are OLD or OLDER. What a BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!!! Screw them!!! Don't waste your time job searchers. If you are lucky enough to score a face to face I certainly wouldn't waste the gas and time going there. They aren't going to hire.

Good Benefits very Rigid Structure
Sales Analysis II (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 3, 2012
Pros: have a good bonus structure
Cons: management
Uline is a very structured environment. They do not empower their employees and they have very strict policies that dictate every aspect of your day.
Great Benefits
Warehouse (Current Employee), PAApril 2, 2012
Benefits are great. Summer cookouts, above average starting pay.

May 21, 2013

These clowns are just data mining resumes or something. Same job posting on monster for at least 4 months. Applied 2 months ago. Very qualified for the position. No response. The listing is still up, in fact they keep re-posting it. They just posted it again today! Bunch of clowns. I'm not even going to respond if they do call. Better yet, I'll get them on the phone and ask them to hold on for a couple months...

About Uline

ULINE was founded in 1980 by Dick and Liz Uihlein in the basement of their home. Today, the company has grown to over 2,300 employees – Read more