Uline Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2016
Firstly, I see alot of comments about constant job postings and nobody getting hired.....Honestly, it is a tough job for the HR team to get done..just think about general warehouse job postings at 25$ an hour in the GTA and you have 1 company (unless you have specialized expierence)..Therefore, i would say they must generate intrest from 300-500 people a day easy... we've held job fairs almost every friday since ive been hired and all sorts of great workers have been hired ( were still looking)....i have only being here just about 5 months now and there have been over 1000 people come for job fairs/interviews since my hiring...Only about 15-20 hires (obviously shows how hard it is to get in, roughly 2% and atleast half were internal) That coupled with the growth rate of the company is why we always have job postings..

Work is hard, hours are long, employee's/ownership are great, pay/benefits (aswell as gifts and trips and bonuses) are great.
Pros
Great pay, great people
Cons
Long hours.
False advertising at the least
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
Got an interview through an agency for what is supposed to be an IT support job only to find out its nothing like I applied for. Now it's easy to notice that anything you search for U Line has and it pays 80k. Very annoyed to have wasted my time and sick of these ads making it look like there's a position for "x" type job I searched for but it's false. After reading these reviews I feel like I got off easy!
Pros
Practiced interview skills?
Cons
Misled, wasted time
Current employee
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2016
Its a great company to work for. Most of the comments above are not true. They have their culture and thats what made the business succesful. They dont consider your previous experience since they will train you on how they do their stuffs. The pay is great at the end of the year all employees get 3 different bonus amounting to 4 gs or above.
The managers are okay so long as you are doing your job well
Plenty of over time
Pros
Good pay. Bonuses. Employee appreciation includes cruze, pizza, golfing, family picnic
Cons
Long hours, working hours cant allow you to go for appointments or personal stuffs unless you use your vacation
good people (warehouse generals)
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Fast pace environment , repetitive lifting required of up to 300 lbs. Production numbers required to meet every day with a low error percentage. Co-workers are great.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
fast pace, long hours and no breaks
Whats wrong with this company ??
None (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2017
what the heck they keep posting the same add over and over? What are they looking for? a doctor to work in a warehouse ??? Theire system its wrong....
Stressful Workplace!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 December 2014
By reading all the below reviews i couldn't agree more. If you are good at sucking up with the management like go golfing with the branch manager or constantly telling senior management they are "awesome" will get you everywhere here!

Its sad to see so many co-workers unhappy considering how they have been treated. And yes management has their favorites.

Moral of the story: Its not worth all those tests and barrage of interviews...Stay Away!!
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Job security. With a growth of business 20-30% YOY they must be doing something right.
UPS packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga5 July 2015
As a former employee.(relocated) or I would not have left.
Do you work hard? yes
Do you get paid well? yes
I've read the reviews, sure most are bad. But they are obviously from people who want to do nothing and get paid for it.
You need a minimum of a high school diploma, if you don't have that you will not get hired. If you owned a business and wanted it to be successful you would love to run it like Uline.

What ever happened to working hard getting the job done and making sure, the people (the customers) are satisfied with the service and product. Really at the end of the day it's the customers that pay your cheques. If they're not happy there is no job.
I don't think there would be very many bad reviews from customers.

So in summary, if you want to get paid well and treated well, and earn your pay cheque..... Uline is a great place to work. Don't let all the other disgruntled, no high school diploma, lazy whinners discourage you from applying.

Yes it's hard to get in, but that just means their picky.

Pay was great, you get 3 different bonuses every year. Benefits were awesome. When I was there, they gave you 3-4 bbq lunches each year, a company cruise you get to go on, free swag etc.... lots of perks. I wish I didn't have to move.

I must say if you have a good work ethic, you will fit in great.
Pros
great pay, job security, great bonuses, free stuff, bbq lunches.
Cons
hours of operation
company review
None (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2016
Will not hire you despite the fact they always advertise. Some people there are friendly. Why do they advertise if they won't hire.
Pros
Cons
low hiring high advertising
did not enjoy working at this company at all
previous employee (Former Employee) –  warehouse24 February 2016
did not like working at this company at all its a major cult and its followers. long hours. one break for a 9 sometimes ten hour shift.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Called me to give me an interview and refused me at the door
Applying for a job (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta.17 June 2015
receptionist at the front door told me that my education wasn't high enough to work there I told her that I have been in warehousing for 15 years and she said that experience didn't mean anything she went to the back to talk to the guy who did the hiring he walked out wearing a expensive suit with a nice pair of $200 shoes shaking his head saying if you didn't have a college degree we can't hire him. Every successful warehouse I've ever worked in middle and upper management has always come to work in steel toed boots and decent work attire not a $500 suits and $200 shoes. I'm glad they didn't hire me because it is apparent that there high turnover rate is a result of management and work experience in the field of warehousing is not appreciated there beware of this place.
Pros
Can apply online
Cons
Previous work experience is not appreciated.
Their HR group must be the worst in Canada
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 September 2015
They have been advertising for sales position for well over 1 year now. Unable to fill or do they keep hiring the wrong people? People who meet their qualifications, i.e. experienced sales professionals do not get interviewed nor do they even get an acknowledgement. That's not acceptable today, it simply means a lazy, unprofessional HR group. With all the technology we have today, there is no excuse for not getting back to people. Says a lot about the management of this company.
Production-first, organized and incredibly structured company.
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2015
Good place to work.Very structured but incredibly successful due to their mantra of achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
Pros
Employee development
Cons
If there is really a bad company, then this is the one
candidate (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on21 June 2015
I can see the job posting every single week for the same position,that means the recruiting team is not performing their task or may be this company Management culture has to change.. If there is really a bad company, then this is the one
Excellent Training
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley BC22 March 2015
- This company turned me into the successful sales representative I am today.
- Mondays would be office days and setting up the following week of sales calls.
- Tuesday to Friday would consist of 6-7 sales calls a day with 3-6 cold calls.
- Management is detailed and efficient.
- Hardest part of the job is getting people on the phone to set upp the appointments.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is when you successfully convert a customer to Uline.
Team Work
Warehouse Associates,Picker/Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton6 September 2015
Team work environment opportunity to grow speed passion and excellence.Free Uniforms and lunches,Year end Bonus and unique culture
Pros
Bonus
Fake, Don`t Waste Your Time
Forklift (Former Employee) –  Abusive16 March 2015
If there is really a bad company, then this is one, people start and fired same day with no reason, bosses are like" like I can fire you" so they except you to lower your head
It is a very enjoyable place to work at overall.
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Missisauga3 June 2014
I had a very good experience working at this warehouse. The people were friendly, the environment was immaculate and clean and everyone did their part to keep a good working atmosphere. I was offered a full time position here, but after my interview I wasn't hired and was laid off for a reason I am unaware of.
u line not to go work there
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton1 April 2015
Bad experience never called and never depend on any agencies and company never willing to go there ever
Forget about experience