Uline

Uline Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - DO NOT WORK FOR ULINE!! WORST PLACE TO WORK HANDS DOWN!! CULT!!
CSR (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: -there are no pros in working at uline!!
I have never seen so many negative reviews about a place and these reviews are ACURATE! I didn't understand why I heard whispers about Uline being a CULT until the HORRIFIC experiences I had on a daily working there.
The only positive reviews are written by the ULINE management staff themselves. They reviews these boards then tell their workers that – more... they might hear negative things, but .... well turns out it is ALL TRUE. THERE ARE NO PROS TO WORKING AT THIS PLACE.

THE CONS:
- MICROMANAGE TO THE 3RD DEGREE - women must only wear skirts and dresses like little house on the prairie - They demand to know the details of your appointments - They demand to know the details when using your vacation days - Vacation days denied - they FOLLOW YOU TO THE WASHROOM to make sure you are not speaking with other coworkers - breaks are scheduled in a system that no two people that really get along will be on the same break/lunch - NO TALKING to co-workers, not even about business you must call a help line - no breaks in between calls they will find some other form of labour to take up the 15 seconds you might have in between the next call - one must complete ULINE UNIVERSITY hahaha, sounds stupid but it is intense - Even after the intense SERIES of INTERVIEWS and TESTING to get in.. TESTING and QUIZES continue on a daily and/or weekly basis. - You are interrupted at any given time for further testing - you cannot leave even 10 seconds before your shift ends and if you get stuck on a call you must wait for the next 15min increment on the hour before leaving - PREGNANT WOMEN ARE EXPECTED TO LIFT AND MOVE AROUND and labour like everyone else - they are sexist - you must watch a video on how to dress for the office, clothing in video looks like it's fresh out of the 70's, -they give you a sticker board like a child displaying your hits and misses - very hard to get a good review, even when customers love you they tell you ya but this is why you suck - for all it's worth the PAY is NOT GREAT because you will not last in this job - while in there you see the world go by, you see workers from other jobs taking walks and looking happy while you are in this compound, you start to daydream what it's like to be free and relatively happy in a job where you are treated like an adult and not a SLAVE.

LABOUR BOARD WHY HAVEN'T YOU INVESTIGATED AND/OR SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN ALREADY??!!??!! – less
Hard to get job but a go company to work for. Great owners.
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta , GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, good work life balance
Cons: management team, micro manage way too much.
Micro Manage way too Much and have a VERY hard time telling an employee that you are doing a good job, always telling you that you need to try this, change this, do this, etc....
Strict work environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: paid by the hour and no issues with over time.
Cons: paid when you were logged into your phone.
Logged into a call center that had an alarm go off if calls were not being answered
They don't care about their applicants,they play Very tough,rude people
Outside sales or ware house associate . (Former Employee), Atlanta,gaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
I have never worked for this company ,however I have been applying so many times for different positions starting with out side sales, then as my last attempt,for a warehouse associate, and I am turned down all the time, why? I don't know, don't understand cause they never tell me nothing about it, I am a bilingual in Spanish business developer with – more... 4 years of college in my country ( colombia ) not related to the jobs I have applied for, but I need to work, I need to pay my bills, with a very clean background and driving record, with more than 10 years of experience in the field of sales, however these guys at ULINE are very unprofessional , they don't care about you, about your applications, about the importance of giving a short and courteous response to all the applicants and maybe a brief explanation about the reason they found for disqualifying you from any type of job at that company.
If they are not hiring, that is understandable, but why they keep on running those jib ads all year around on all the major internet sites like career builder, indeed, monster, etc...why?
Some companies like this one are taking advantage of the actual crisis in usa to play their own games very dirty with no scrupulous at all, they are mean people, please avoid them, don't apply there, it tells a lot about the lack of people skills from those peers working there in the recruiting department...
That sucks....they should treat all the applicants with respect and professionalism... – less
competitive natured facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: yearly christmas bonus $3000+
Cons: great benefits, workout facility
a typical day at work was an everyday challenge to maintain your position. It taught me how to be a better worker by far, guaranteed on a slow day at uline you probably work harder then anywhere else. The management where significantly involved in our daily routines, often there when we had any questions or needed help. my co workers where mainly hard – more... workers, seeing that if not your work definitely showed. The hardest part of the job really was based on your body, the work was simple after you learned the process. but sometimes running your body at 100% is tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job was your hard work didn't go unnoticed. – less
your race and the way you act
forklift (Former Employee), brieniville, paSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: your race and act
If your ghetto and not white or act white! Your not getting in. Plenty of temps that they have are hard workers but don't get hired because of the ghetto look they have. I applied and I'm Hispanic. Got an interview and was the 6 person to have a high score out of 25 interviewers. Took a tour while they were interviewing me . I notice I didn't run into – more... not one black or Hispanic . Interviewer seem like I was wasting her time , don't see why when I have 10 years in forklift and warehouse experience. Didn't understand why I wasn't hired ,but I def had the vibe that they wanted to keep ghetto and certain race out. Very sad!! – less
Productive and meticulous work place.
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: time seems to go by quick, company does alot for it's employees
Cons: exhausted when coming back home
self motivating job that requires effort and hard work. learned how to operate a picking machine.
Excellent employer with great benefits and strong culture.
Executive Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 20, 2014
Uline is a fast-growing company that offers competitive wages, incentives and advancement. Rigourous interviewing ensures only well-qualified candidates are hired.
Fast paced work environment! Never dull.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buford, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: occasional free catering, employee appreciation week
Cons: micro management
If you're looking for a rush, this is the place to work! From when you step foot into the door until you go home, it is non stop work. It really makes the day fly by. Daily you will be answering phone calls, and processing emails.

Just when you think you've seen everything something new surprises you. Be on your toes at all times ready to go! Always – more... something new to learn, always something to do.

Great work environment, great people. – less
Professional work environtment.
Quotes/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
A typical day at Uline is answering phone calls and placing orders in a timely manner. Providing quotes in a fast manner and mainting a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
Cult like
forklift (Former Employee), wisconsinAugust 9, 2014
Cons: cult like
Don't apply here if you are over 40 Not sure what they are looking for but they sure pass up on some really good people..
Great company
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and good pay for industry
Cons: tough to advance within, they hire a lot of outside management
The work is physical, but no more physical than most warehouse jobs. The benefits are excellent, the pay is good, and I definitely like getting the end of year profit sharing and performance bonuses. Not a lot of upward mobility. It's hard for employees to move into management, and they frequently hire outside management to place over managers that – more... have been with the company for a while. I really like the company, and feel as though I'd be content to stay put if I believed that I had opportunities to advance going forward. – less
SOLID!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hudson, WIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: professional setting with focus on quality, service, and branding
Cons: intensity & accountability can be overwhelming for many millenials, gen "x "or "y".
Uline is a fast paced and rapidly growing organization. Being part of this success is an honor. The environment is intense, and staff are held to the highest level of professionalism and quality. I like that!

The Customer Service team in the Hudson branch are some of the nicest and hardest working people I have ever met! Everyone arrives to work ready – more... for their day. There is no drama, and there are no "back room antics".

Employee expectations are clearly defined during the interview process, and the onboarding process. After initial training, all staff understand their role and expectations. There are no hidden agendas! It is simple: come to work, do your job and go home to family & friends. OT is available, but NEVER mandatory. Holiday staffing is shared by all - including upper Management, and rotates from year to year. It is very fair!

Uline's Customer Service system technology is state of the art. We use dual screens, and our phone system is tied into our computer system. Calls / emails come in, and accounts automatically pop onto our screens. We are constantly offered product and procedure training, and Management wants to hear our ideas!

I have worked for a handful of Customer Service organizations, and this is, by far, the most organized and supportive group! For a mature and hard working employee, this environment refreshing!! Uline's commitment to speed, passion, and operational excellence is alive and well in our Customer Service division.

Have you worked in other customer service departments? I assure you, this is the "greener side"! – less
This company is crazy!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), WisconsinJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: no breaks, cannot call in sick, write you up for silly things, very strict and a lot of rules
These people are nuts. They train you to be a robot. Not allowed to take breaks and everything is very strict. The building and offices are very nice and pay is decent, but NOT worth it. You cannot be yourself or enjoy work at all. Stay away.
Solid company - the best in their respective indusry
Account Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 11, 2014
Pros: support
Cons: long hours and lack of work/life balance. inflexible schedule.
Typical day of work consists of an early start around 6am for precall planning. 7 appointments a day with sales call notes, updates to the account, and quotations to be completed before the next day. Tuesday through Thursday are 15 hour days. Also end up working weekends to make up work that wasn't finished during the week.

Learned value consultative – more... and solution selling.

Coworkers are great. Very nice and a family culture here. Staff is always willing to help.

Hardest part of job is finding time to finish work within the confinds of normal hours.

Best part of the job is the enjoyment of helping to make customers jobs easier. – less
Listen to me...RUN!!!
warehouse (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: health bennefits
Cons: everythng else
One of the worst places I ever worked for, and trust me I've had my share of jobs.
The Good...
.Deceant pay BUT...horrible raises year after year.example...3 cents!!
.end of year bonouses
.coworkers...because every one hates it.

The bad...
.Seems that a lot of employees are getting ill with stress related issues.
.micro management
.waaaaay to many – more... managers/leads and no one can't seem to comunicate properly
.if you like being yelled at this job is for you
.If you like feeling like the harder you try the more they expect and less they care..then this job for you
.if meeting unrealistic physical quotas in which people are constantly throwing their backs out trying to achive is your idea of a good job.then by all means apply...
.if you feel like being downgraded to a trash throwing or rack cleaning possition after being on medical or sick leave..then take the job.
. If you like knowing that once you get hurt here and having a lawsuit against them doesn't stop them from firing employees.. then..take it.
If the only thing that matters to you is getting deceant pay with horrible raises.and lots of last minute mandatory o.t. .making them billionaires at the expense of your family or personal time and health then uline is for you if not..then take my advice and run! – less
This company is crazy! Avoid at all costs!
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), CAFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: management style, repect for workers, human resources, mission statement, and operating conditions
This company has absolutely no respect for their employees in a "do it our way or hit the highway" state of business decision making paradyne. They have been successful only by browbeating their employees with the threat of layoffs and reductions in force. Almost reminds me of a sweatshop in the early 1900's. My recommendation: Don't bother...you will – more... be sorry! The management is basically inept and inbred. – less
Great place to work.
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 8, 2014
I was a sales intern for the summer. A great way to gain experience in the world of sales. You were treated by the same standards as full time sales reps. You were given the ability to create your own meeting schedule and then execute those meetings with current customers.
Great Place to work, No time for Family
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2013
•a typical day at work- Picking and packing
•what you learned-Safety is very important
•management- exceptional
•your co-workers-ups dept. they are very kind, and the freight dept. they are uptight
•the hardest part of the job-Hours could be better start time is usually 11am and you never know when the day is over
•the most enjoyable part of the job- – more... pay – less
Productive Environment
Shipping Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario CaSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: employee lunch meetings, annual employee events
Cons: health care benefits
Employee accountability is number one. Standard productivity is establish daily and each employee is rated on how often they meet standards. Friendly employee base

1 2 3

About Uline

ULINE was founded in 1980 by Dick and Liz Uihlein in the basement of their home. Today, the company has grown to over 2,300 employees – Read more