Uline

Uline Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is a very enjoyable place to work at overall.
General labourer (Former Employee), MissisaugaJune 3, 2014
I had a very good experience working at this warehouse. The people were friendly, the environment was immaculate and clean and everyone did their part to keep a good working atmosphere. I was offered a full time position here, but after my interview I wasn't hired and was laid off for a reason I am unaware of.
SOLID!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hudson, WIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: professional setting with focus on quality, service, and branding
Cons: intensity & accountability can be overwhelming for many millenials, gen "x "or "y".
Uline is a fast paced and rapidly growing organization. Being part of this success is an honor. The environment is intense, and staff are held to the highest level of professionalism and quality. I like that!

The Customer Service team in the Hudson branch are some of the nicest and hardest working people I have ever met! Everyone arrives to work ready – more... for their day. There is no drama, and there are no "back room antics".

Employee expectations are clearly defined during the interview process, and the onboarding process. After initial training, all staff understand their role and expectations. There are no hidden agendas! It is simple: come to work, do your job and go home to family & friends. OT is available, but NEVER mandatory. Holiday staffing is shared by all - including upper Management, and rotates from year to year. It is very fair!

Uline's Customer Service system technology is state of the art. We use dual screens, and our phone system is tied into our computer system. Calls / emails come in, and accounts automatically pop onto our screens. We are constantly offered product and procedure training, and Management wants to hear our ideas!

I have worked for a handful of Customer Service organizations, and this is, by far, the most organized and supportive group! For a mature and hard working employee, this environment refreshing!! Uline's commitment to speed, passion, and operational excellence is alive and well in our Customer Service division.

Have you worked in other customer service departments? I assure you, this is the "greener side"! – less
This company is crazy!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), WisconsinJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: no breaks, cannot call in sick, write you up for silly things, very strict and a lot of rules
These people are nuts. They train you to be a robot. Not allowed to take breaks and everything is very strict. The building and offices are very nice and pay is decent, but NOT worth it. You cannot be yourself or enjoy work at all. Stay away.
Solid company - the best in their respective indusry
Account Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 11, 2014
Pros: support
Cons: long hours and lack of work/life balance. inflexible schedule.
Typical day of work consists of an early start around 6am for precall planning. 7 appointments a day with sales call notes, updates to the account, and quotations to be completed before the next day. Tuesday through Thursday are 15 hour days. Also end up working weekends to make up work that wasn't finished during the week.

Learned value consultative – more... and solution selling.

Coworkers are great. Very nice and a family culture here. Staff is always willing to help.

Hardest part of job is finding time to finish work within the confinds of normal hours.

Best part of the job is the enjoyment of helping to make customers jobs easier. – less
Listen to me...RUN!!!
warehouse (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: health bennefits
Cons: everythng else
One of the worst places I ever worked for, and trust me I've had my share of jobs.
The Good...
.Deceant pay BUT...horrible raises year after year.example...3 cents!!
.end of year bonouses
.coworkers...because every one hates it.

The bad...
.Seems that a lot of employees are getting ill with stress related issues.
.micro management
.waaaaay to many – more... managers/leads and no one can't seem to comunicate properly
.if you like being yelled at this job is for you
.If you like feeling like the harder you try the more they expect and less they care..then this job for you
.if meeting unrealistic physical quotas in which people are constantly throwing their backs out trying to achive is your idea of a good job.then by all means apply...
.if you feel like being downgraded to a trash throwing or rack cleaning possition after being on medical or sick leave..then take the job.
. If you like knowing that once you get hurt here and having a lawsuit against them doesn't stop them from firing employees.. then..take it.
If the only thing that matters to you is getting deceant pay with horrible raises.and lots of last minute mandatory o.t. .making them billionaires at the expense of your family or personal time and health then uline is for you if not..then take my advice and run! – less
This company is crazy! Avoid at all costs!
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), CAFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: management style, repect for workers, human resources, mission statement, and operating conditions
This company has absolutely no respect for their employees in a "do it our way or hit the highway" state of business decision making paradyne. They have been successful only by browbeating their employees with the threat of layoffs and reductions in force. Almost reminds me of a sweatshop in the early 1900's. My recommendation: Don't bother...you will – more... be sorry! The management is basically inept and inbred. – less
Great place to work.
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 8, 2014
I was a sales intern for the summer. A great way to gain experience in the world of sales. You were treated by the same standards as full time sales reps. You were given the ability to create your own meeting schedule and then execute those meetings with current customers.
Great Place to work, No time for Family
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2013
•a typical day at work- Picking and packing
•what you learned-Safety is very important
•management- exceptional
•your co-workers-ups dept. they are very kind, and the freight dept. they are uptight
•the hardest part of the job-Hours could be better start time is usually 11am and you never know when the day is over
•the most enjoyable part of the job- – more... pay – less
Productive Environment
Shipping Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario CaSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: employee lunch meetings, annual employee events
Cons: health care benefits
Employee accountability is number one. Standard productivity is establish daily and each employee is rated on how often they meet standards. Friendly employee base
Awesome place to work
Router (Current Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: bonuses, pay, people you work with, the culture
Everyone who works there is an amazing person.

I learned many thing while working there.

Management is great.

Everyone is really cool

Its tough but rewarding

The people that I work with are the best part of the job.
Nut-cases!
Sale executive (Former Employee), Pleasant PrairieMay 28, 2013
Pros: beautiful headquarters
Cons: very very unhappy co-workers, you hate yourself for working there
This is the weirdest company...run by the millionaire wife of founder. She runs it like she's the queen and everyone who works there are her subjects. People speak of her in hushed tones. She had a spa built at the corp headquarters and sometimes make decisions while getting her hair cut or feet massaged. She alone make decisions and the company runs – more... on fear of upsetting her. Two words: Stay Away! – less
good job if you don't want a life outside work
warehouse material handler (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay is good, day goes fast
Cons: long work day, never knowing when shift will end
Don't let them tell you occasional overtime, it's more like everyday overtime and you stay till work is done... They lie about the workday hours to get you in the door then you are stuck with never knowing day to day when you may get out. If all you want is hours,hours, o.t
Uline is a great place to work.. if u want a home/family life
GOOD LUCK because – more... they don't care..... – less
unknown
packer (Current Employee), ontario, caApril 29, 2013
Pros: bonus for christmas
Cons: very cold
This company has no sympathy what so ever they are very cold and cruel. They write you up for everything employees have vacation and they don't allow you to take any and people call in sick and they get all mad and write people up.
Work day flies by
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Work day flies by. I've learned how to consolidate product to save customers money on shipping. Some co-workers are ok, and some are still in middle school, mentally that is. Most enjoyable part of the day is The End.
very customer focused
x employee (Former Employee), wiMarch 6, 2013
Pros: health club
Cons: no comment
customer is number one ...............................................................
Whatz your AGE at the INTERVIEW
not hired (Former Employee), WIFebruary 5, 2013
Nothing like being denied a job because they asked a loaded question on the applications at the interview. My AGE! Talk about a age discrimination!
interview they not serious
Manager (Former Employee), MNJanuary 26, 2013
I have all the qualifications, I felt they were not serious about even filling this positions.
Great People Poorly Managed
Manager (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: family-owned business
Uline does a great job of hiring quality people.
Uline does a poor job of managing them with respect
Loved the daily challenges of the business
Load and unload
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: giving the ordering and being able to work consistantly
Cons: others being careless and becoming a safety hazard
Load and unload freight pieces. I learned how to use a standup and sit down forklift. Management did a good job keeping you aware of the pieces needed. Co-workers covered their areas and assisted other as needed. Hardest part is of the job was making the early morning commute. I enjoyed the responsibility thats place upon you by the company.

Overqualified – January 11, 2013

I was wondering how you got the job to begin with because just like others on this site, I have the requisite experience and received a letter stating that they had other, more qualified candidates, yet the job is still posted to their website..... Just wondering

Fast growing, successful, privately held company
Assistant Controller (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 13, 2012
It is a professional culture emphasizing customer service and a commitment to improvement and growth. Typical days are relatively long. There are several company functions a year for you to interact with co-workers. The work environment is very nice with a cafeteria and work-out facility in house.

About Uline

ULINE was founded in 1980 by Dick and Liz Uihlein in the basement of their home. Today, the company has grown to over 2,300 employees – Read more