UFA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great organisation
Senior Manager (Current Employee), BirminghamApril 8, 2016
Pros: Working with young people, nice location and even nicer people
Cons: some of the staff are terrible at making coffee
A fantastic charity that puts young people at the heart of everything it does! Fantastic CEO who leads from the front and cares passionately about the cause and staff. If you are looking for a company that genuinely makes a difference, with a great culture and where you and your work will be valued, get applied!
Positive and inclusive organisation which helps support young people's confidence and aspirations
Team Leader and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Huddersfield, West YorkshireApril 8, 2016
Pros: Supportive staff, engaging curriculum for young people
I worked for UFA as part of the National Citizen Service Programme both as a residential team leader and team leader/volunteer coordinator. My West Yorkshire team were incredibly supportive and dedicated to making the NCS programme a positive and enjoyable and thoroughly inclusive one. The work opportunities I was presented with throughout 2013 enabled me to gain a wealth of experience and self-confidence in my own abilities. The UFA ethos endeavours to encourage and challenge young people to be the best they can and the changes I witnessed within the young people by the end of the NCS programme were exceptional and inspiring.
High quality provider who really care about young people and their staff
National Development Manager (Current Employee), DerbyshireApril 7, 2016
Pros: excellent team ethos
Cons: we go the extra mile so sometimes longer hours are needed
I've worked for this company for over a decade because they walk their talk. We care deeply about giving young people the best possible experiences in which to develop themselves and learn what they need to be happy, healthy and successful in life. We also care about our staff and give them the chance to develop ourselves and to work to their strengths whilst ensuring they have the support we need to deliver high quality, safe, innovative provision.
UFA is a learning organisation through and through - always open to learning how to improve their offer and responsive to feedback of all kinds (though it's overwhelmingly positive feedback both from young people and the adults that work with them). The ethos is felt at all levels of the company.
If you get a chance to work with UFA I'd say don't hesitate - you're in for a journey that will be exciting, creative, challenging and enjoyable!
Very enjoyable job
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), HuddersfieldOctober 20, 2014
Organising activities for young people was enjoyable the feeling of knowing I have prepared something they enjoy partaking in.
Headquarters