Ubisoft Employee Review

Contractors highly expendable--be careful.
Notetracker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco19 December 2012
I was hired on a temporary contract that started with two months training on proprietary software and lots of subjectivity in how the work was to be completed (gotta respect the NDA's, so I can't offer up details). Worked very hard, loved the gig, even though the software was buggy enough to cause work loss regularly and supervisors gave us contradictory information as to how the work should be completed. Of the four of us hired (through multiple interviews, BTW) two of us were let go six weeks later for the vague "We have an idea of what level you should have been at by this point." I was immediately told to clean out my desk and escorted to the street as if I were caught stealing. Serious problems in organization and management on this particular team.
Pros
one free lunch, well stocked cafeteria, nice guys on my immediate team.
Cons
being fired for not being trained properly while still in the training period!

Other Ubisoft Employee Reviews

Great if you don't have kids and don't mind long hours
CG SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2018
Ubisoft is a good place to work if you are a hardcore gamer with no family responsibilities or commitments. Lots of crunch time as projects were frequently late with more and more people thrown at them.
Good and stable
Audio designer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2017
Good place to work. Very good job security. Good general vibe. It's video games so crunch time is often taken for granted. But you can make your way through and evolve a lot