Ubisoft

Ubisoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work environment development potential
Senior UI Artist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
1) Bright and comfortable working environment.
2) Professional and reasonable management mode brings high efficient work.
3) Challenging and creative work, improve and develop our potential constantly.
4) Everyone working at Ubisoft enjoy his/her job.
Playtester
Freelance Video Game Play Tester (Former Employee), montrealFebruary 28, 2014
Great experience overall
Everyone was very friendly
Everyone was also very hardworking and I felt as if I was part of the team there even if I was just there to play and judge the games.
Friendly coworkers and no risk of layoffs
Part of the production (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2013
Pros: no layoffs in the history of ubisoft toronto
Cons: the pay is 15-30% below what many other studios offer
There are two big advantages to working at Ubisoft. First, they hire more friendly people than the other studios I worked at in the past. Second, they haven't done any layoffs. Their plan is actually to keep expanding.

The downside of working here is the salary. It's 15-30% below what you can get elsewhere. Ubisoft has been lucky in the last 4 years, – more... feeling no pressure to raise salaries. This is because Toronto doesn't have much of a game development industry. There is a single other studio around the city, which is Rockstar. So, no competition for talent.

The other downside is that you likely will feel like a pawn at some point here. This is to be expected, as most teams are above 200 people. If you think that's a lot, in Montreal, some teams peek at 900 people. There has to be some advantages to working at small companies right? Another reason you may feel like a pawn is that even if the Toronto studio had good intentions for its people, many of us got shuffled and moved to new roles and projects due to another studio's needs. So, you may be excited about your current project and giving it all you got, and suddenly, a directive from Montreal demands that you help them with a struggling project. This should not come as a surprise as the industry is highly risky and a large company must do what is best for itself as a whole. Also note that this could only be temporary.

Back to talking about the positives, this is a place where you will never feel like you risk of being let go due to company finances. The proof is that the company hasn't been profitable lately (public information), and yet, we have not seen any ground layoffs in Toronto or Montreal. Some speculate this is due to the large tax incentives that the company gets both from the Quebec and Ontario governments. So if you have kids like I do, you will fall asleep easy. – less
Réalisateur-monteur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 27, 2013
Pros: working in video game industry is a pros itself
Cons: a lack of organization sometime.
It's unique work environment. Very relax and fun. I loved it.
A long and healthy relationship
Artiste multimédia et réalisateur (Former Employee), montrealNovember 1, 2012
Pros: good pay, great benefits, amazing parties
Cons: noisy
When put in context of the capitalistic society in which we live and by taking into account all of the pros and cons that go with it, Ubisoft is one of those great machines of production. It drives the local economy and would have those who dedicate their lives for the enterprise to share the wealth.
Apart from the often stressful deadlines and long – more... hours, the company and most of its people come together and create a unique atmosphere of friendship. – less
fun work place
Canada Director (Former Employee), montreal QCOctober 22, 2012
very busy place to work. Many moving pieces in any given day.
amazing experience
senior art director (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFJuly 10, 2014
to work for a great company and to be involved in a great AAA videogames production was a really an amazing experience
Great learning experience
Web Producer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: innovation, videogame industry
I was lucky enough to work on innovative and challenging campaigns ranging from a virtual world for kids, Flash games, Facebook campaigns and YouTube influencers videos.
Awesome Atmosphere
Trainee Game Tester (Current Employee), PuneMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: salary
Very good working experience
Less Salary
Best Work Environment
Very good place to work with new technilogy and learn from best resources in each speciality.
System Administrator (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: working time, modern, health care, young, no micromanagement, budget on techno, location
Cons: na
One day At work would be:
- Work on support ticket higher level.
- React on Monitoring alerts that as important and troubleshoot /fix.
- Write some documentation about new procedure or script for automation or system management and delegation to lower levels.
- Have some meeting with client to see their needs and propose solutions.
- plan some future – more... maintenances.
- Analyse the domain and put in place some ways to see if everybody is doing things the way it has been decided (AD, GPO, ACL, Users etc...)
What I have learner: I have learned so many things I would list them in multiple pages but lately let's say: Chef orchestrator usage for windows and powershell advanced usage to automate each task for sys admin.
- Management is good and soft at UBisoft, you deliver you are good to go, They are a lot of manager to handle lot'S of custormer facing request and projects.
Gaming company there is a constant preassure and changes in systems and needs occurs often so we must adapt and react quickly, I like that.
- My co-workers are very good to work with and experimented in each techno, we can share things about our specialities, challenge each others for new needs and setup and also we can put rules in place for all new sys admin MS in the team, (we are managing the world's server parc and it's about 1200+ servers)
- The hardest part of the work I would says because I like it is to stop working after office hours.Sometime I think about issue or behavior and I log VPN to work on it.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is having put something automated that takes usually hours if done manualy. The funny part is when it was not working and finally you find all issue in code to have it to run ok after some debbug time. – less
Game Tester (Current Employee), Pune, MHOctober 27, 2013
I learned Game testing , the different aspects in a game to focus onto to find bugs.

How to test different areas.What different types of testing can be performed on the same project.
Good atmosphere, long hours usually required.
QC (Former Employee), Newcastle upon TyneOctober 17, 2013
Good atmosphere, long hours usually required. Some people were working 40 hrs straight during busy periods.
A good Place to Work at
QA Tester (Current Employee), PUNESeptember 20, 2013
A best place for the gamers to work and is the best company which I worked.
Productive and fun place to work with friendly Environment
Trainee Moderator (Former Employee), Pune, MHAugust 1, 2013
Had a great experience though i was there for less time i enjoyed my work there .
Very fast paced and productive company with a dynamic and fun working environment, constantly changing and adapting to a rapidly growing industry.
Software Tester (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFJuly 30, 2013
Pros: passionate people sharing common interests, gym membership, employee cafeteria, team building activities
Cons: long hours, heavy workloads
A very demanding but quite fun working environment with very passionate people working closely together to create amazing experiences for everyone to enjoy.
Huge volumes of work and tight deadlines usually mean plenty of overtime which also means a considerable salary increase, but at a disadvantage for personal life.
Overall, Ubisoft is a very good – more... place to work in if you are a passionate individual which greatly enjoys create amazing content for the whole world to enjoy. – less
For Gamers only.
Game Programmer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJuly 20, 2013
The company is for the most fun to have at Work. You can work on all the latest gaming consoles.
Talented people and great products
Senior Brand Manager / Product Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 6, 2013
Pros: great people and products
Directed the launch of Ubisoft titles into the UK market.

Typical day at work: Brand positioning, product launches, community building.
Gaming Place
Junior Web Programmer (Current Employee), PuneApril 22, 2013
Good place to have balanced life and work . Lot of oppturnity for right people. International work environment and culture.
Pretty cool experience
Environment Artist (Former Employee), SofiaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free cake at the end of the month
Cons: bulgarian salary
A really professional company with very ambitous projects.
They give me the opportunity to work on one of the most popular IP on the market and i gained a lot of experience from it.

Yeah the work is tought but it's worth it.
I woke up at crazy hours for this job, however it was incredibly enjoyable.
Beta Tester (Former Employee), Home BasedFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: play games before the release date
Cons: crazy hours, small pay
I woke up at around 5AM to work in Canadian timezone, it was by home so they would email me an update code, or tell us to update the beta when they had it updated, this part was very efficient, however the people chosen the manage the all together were quite dis-organised, dealing with them was quite difficult as sometimes they didn't even show up for – more... our hours, and we'd have to organise ourselves on Skype. The job was home based so we'd converse through Skype, the rest was very fun and enjoyable, my co-workers very nice and were really good to talk to, the most enjoyable part however was definitely the gameplay part and the actual taking part in the job itself. – less

About Ubisoft

Ubisoft hopes its video games languish in ubiquity. Ubisoft Entertainment is the #3 independent video game publisher in the world – Read more