Ubisoft is seeking a network administrator to join our Global Network Services team of system and network administrators in Montreal, Quebec. The team’s goal is to maintain and optimize Network, Linux and Windows servers and services, while also participating in projects which bring value to the company’s IT infrastructure. Your role will be to manage, inside a group of infrastructure administrators, Ubisoft’s network equipments in the Americas.
The candidate should be a dynamic problem solver who can multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The candidate should be devoted to offering an irreproachable service to our internal and external customers.
- Provide next-level support and advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations on the network;
- Help plan and implement future growth of the systems and network;
- Mentor novice system administrators and act as a reference;
- Optimize performance of the network;
- Share in off-hour/on-call duties as necessary;
- Deal with daily operations of network administration, including firewalls, switches and routers, load balancers;
- Install, maintain and upgrade network hardware and software;
- Provide troubleshooting of network, in collaboration with server and service administrators;
- Take ownership of projects and bring them to completion.
- An in-depth understanding Cisco’s line of products and of the configuration of IOS;
- An in-depth understanding of network technologies, protocols and concepts, particularly, the ability to troubleshoot services based on TCP/IP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, FTP, DHCP, SMTP, CIFS, SMB, etc.;
- An In-depth knowledge of Cisco routing and switching;
- Knowledge of IPTABLES on Linux;
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance. Candidate should be a person who presents with honesty and integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times;
- Minimum 5-8 years of system and network administration experience with an emphasis in managing network equipment and customer-facing services;
- Must be a team player and have good inter-personal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users;
- Bilingual in English & French, written and oral.
- CCNA certified or better;
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux;
- CCNP certification or better;
- Experience in various IT project management methods (SCRUM, traditional);
- Knowledge of VMware and other Virtualization technologies;
- Knowledge of Data Storage Technologies such as NAS or SAN;
- Knowledge of Data Storage Networking technologies such as FC switching architecture and design;
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard