Ubisoft, producer, editor and distributor of video games, interactive software, and multimedia applications situated in a loft in the heart of Mile-End, Montreal , offers a stimulating work environment where creativity, friendliness and leading edge technology are how what we pride ourselves in. You will benefit from a competitive salary and a range of social advantages, packaged with the strong possibility of advancement, as well as profit from a learning environment allowing you to get hands on experience with the latest innovations of your field.
The incumbent will implement best analytical practices for the Montréal studio. The main objective will be to enhance and develop game data processing. With his/her team, the incumbent will also support production stakeholders to translate their questions on our games into actionable quantitative analyses based on player behaviours.
The main and routine tasks of the game system analysis manager are to:
- Participate in the implementation and enhancement of relevant and actionable key performance indicators (KPIs) forthe studio. More specifically:
- Steer the development of statistical models and innovative analysis approaches that will help us act proactively with regards to the performances of our games and better understand them.
- Ensure that the standards and coherence of studio-wide KPIs make it possible to compare performances whenever relevant.
- Actively promote best analytical practices within the studio (community activities, publication of results, events, etc.);
- Suggest changes to the ways the work is organized and all related methods in order to enhance the ecosystem (needs management, analytical tools, data quality, sampling, terms, etc.);
- Play an active role in determining the studio’s analytical resource development needs;
- Recruit the talent required to ensure the team’s development based on the studio’s long-term objectives;
- Organize and supervise the team’s activities;
- Ensure that the team is mobilized;
- Set team objectives;
- Coach employees to foster their development;
- Follow up on the team’s performance on a regular basis;
University degree in business management, administrative data processing, business intelligence (BI) or the equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in business analysis or BI;
- 2-3 year's experience in managing a business analysis or BI team.
- Experience implementing best analytical practices within a
business organization an asset.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to lead change;
- Client focus;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methods and approaches
(sampling, machine learning, A/B testing, etc.);
- Extensive knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, Tableau, R,
- Extensive knowledge of IT notions (data management,
software development, etc.);
- Knowledge of the video game industry an asset;
- Knowledge of Agile methods an asset.