Ubisoft, producer, editor and distributor of video games, interactive software, and multimedia applications situated in the heart of Mile-End, Montreal, offers a stimulating work environment where creativity, friendliness and leading edge technology are what we pride ourselves in. You will benefit from a competitive salary and a range of social advantages, packaged with the strong possibility of advancement, as well as profit from a learning environment allowing you to get hands on experience with the latest innovations in your field.
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced system administrator specialized in Virtualization and Cloud technologies to join our Global Network Services (GNS) team. The GNS team is composed of Network professionals, System Administrators and Network Architects. They apply their expertise to service Ubisoft game development to support business activities in North America, Europe and Asia with the highest degree of quality.
The candidate should be a dynamic problem solver who can commit to resolve problems with impeccable service to our users. The candidate must be able to manage a range of projects while ensuring daily tasks are completed. The selected System Administrator will ensure proper functioning of virtual infrastructure servers and tools. Additionally, the qualified candidate will work with a range of network and telecommunications tools, develop automation scripts, and participate in the development and implementation of Ubisoft’s systems and network projects.
- Deal with daily operations of Vmware vSphere and private/hybrid cloud infrastructures;
- Participate in the design and implementation of private and hybrid Cloud solutions in collaboration with the infrastructure experts;
- Provide next-level support, and advanced troubleshooting of virtual servers, and services;
- Help plan and implement future growth of the virtual cloud infrastructures;
- Optimize Linux and Windows OS image deployments;
- Optimize virtual machine performance;
- Implement and supervise virtual and cloud infrastructure security policies and procedures;
- Maintain documentation regarding configuration, operating and troubleshooting procedures;
- Share in off-hour/on-call duties;
The candidate must have an expert knowledge of:
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing concepts;
- The following Hypervisor technologies: KVM, Xen, vSphere/ESX;
- vSphere tools and concepts: vMotion, vCenter, DRS,..;
- Linux and specifically Red Hat / CentOS system installation, configuration, file system concepts, kernel tuning, resource monitoring, package management, and process control/management;
- UNIX network services--specifically, the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot TCP/IP-based services such as SMTP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS;
- Linux and Cloud configuration management tools (Cfengine, Puppet, RightScale) and concepts;
- Image based virtual machine and Cloud deployments;
- Well-known networking concepts and protocols;
- Minimum 3 years of system administration experience;
- Proficiency with ESX/vSphere tools such as esxtop or PowerCLI;
- Ability to use revision control systems such as Subversion;
- Capacity to resolve problems related to applications running on a Linux-based system;
- Ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Perl or Shell);
- Familiarity and/or experience with the following Cloud solutions: Eucalyptus, Openstack, Deltacloud, Aeolus, Cloud.com;
- Excellent grasp of IT security and regularly stay updated on topics related to IT security;
- Must be a team player and have good inter-personal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users;
- Bilingual in English & French, written and oral.
- Storage concepts such as iSCSI, NAS, SAN;
- Experience with CFengine;
- Experience with revision controls systems;
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, networking
- Knowledge of Data Storage Networking technologies such as FC switching architecture and design;
- RHCE certification;
- A degree in computer science or a related field.