Ubisoft is a world leader in the entertainment industry, with a variety of hit brands including Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell, and Far Cry. To build on its achievements and share its future successes, Ubisoft is looking for great talent to join its new Toronto development studio. The studio is located in West Toronto in the unique and growing trendy area known as “The Junction”.
We favor diversity, creativity and the desire to succeed as a team. If you’ve got the skills and drive, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the best video game studio in Toronto. The opportunities to learn and progress are endless. There’s a real buzz about the place; if you’re looking for a stimulating and cool work environment that fosters a balance between personal and professional lives, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Toronto.
The HR Advisor will provide HR expertise and a variety of day to day HR support activities to production teams within Ubisoft Toronto. Reporting to the HR Manager with a dotted line into the Director of HR, the HR Advisor will provide advice and counsel in all areas of HR including: on-going employee relations, new manager coaching, employee development and interpretation of HR policies.
The main functions of the HR Advisor include:
- Support Producers in implementing human resource strategies depending on the organizational vision;
- Act as an advisor to Managers on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations; providing coaching techniques and developing performance improvement plans;
- Act as a point of contact to respond to the production teams general HR related inquiries;
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs, activities and Human Resources Systems (performance evaluation, compensation plan, training and development, promotion management, succession planning, organizational development and recognition);
- Working closely with HR Manager and HR team members to develop and implement HR strategic programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels;
- Perform other related duties.
- Effectively engage employees and communicate with all levels of the organization providing advice, assistance and follow up on studio policies and programs;
- Effectively resolve employee issues and concerns for support teams;
- Work with managers to create employee development plans and Performance Improvement Plans when necessary for support teams.
Health & Safety
- Act as a certified member of the joint Health & Safety committee;
- In collaboration with Operations, co-lead the general Health & Safety processes of the studio to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with HR Manager to implement the yearly performance review process;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the online performance review tool; maintaining and updating competencies and answering questions;
- Assist the Director of Human Resources & HR Manager with special projects such as (but not limited to): compensation analysis, headquarters annual salary review report and presentation, studio presentations, town hall meetings and service awards.
- College or university education specializing in Human Resource Management
- Working towards obtaining CHRP
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in human resources as a generalist or other relevant experience.
- Human Resources experience in the entertainment or creative industry is an asset.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills;
- High level of attention to details;
- Strong presentation and analytical skills;
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization;
- Proficient in MS Office (able to develop reports in Excel, PowerPoint Presentations);
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Be action-oriented and make decisions quickly;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.