Uber Partner Drivers

Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

very fun job
uber driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 December 2016
very good "second job" . you can start whenever you want and stop whenever you want in an "online , offline " button .
learned a lot from discovering new places to meet new people to many things more .
hardest thing in the job was trying to focus on many things during the ride such as talking to the customer and focusing on gps and trying to figure out how to take another route when there is construction all at the same time .
the most enjoyable thing in this job is I can fix my own schedule .
Pros
discovering new places
Cons
people throwing up in my car
Uber was my great job experience
Uber driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
Uber for business is a ride management platform built for companies big and small. With 24/7 availability.There is one app for safe, reliable, and easy to expense rides globally. All rides are properly coded at the time of trip for more streamlined expensing, reconciliation, and client billing. I learned how to be patient and respectful to my customers and passengers. I do not have any direct relationship with my co-workers because we ride separately. I need to be on-time and it is the hardest part of my job especially in rush hour. Customers freely can provide feedback about my trip and it is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Uber paid me weekly and it was great.
Cons
No direct exchange of communication with managers.
Productive and fun workplace
MOBILE MAPPING SPECIALIST (Contract/Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
▪ Performing vehicle inspections on a daily basis
▪ Responsible for a vehicle provided by the company assigned to individual drivers
▪ Maintained a clean working environment within the company vehicle’s
▪ Ensured the safety of all working equipment as well as the vehicle camera sensor
▪ Continuously communicated with Uber Support Operations for updates and assistance
▪ Working well individually with little to no direction
▪ Experiencing a change of environments while driving in various cities in Ontario
▪ Multi-tasking in order to drive safely and follow GPS instructions
Driving for long periods of time regardless of environmental conditions
Working by your own car
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
- I can choose my shifts ( making your schedule ).
- I learned to many places ( city knowledge ) .
- There is no manager you are on your own .
- We meet with all ages , cultures deliver them to their destination .
- Some people are rude , aggressive they don't care about your
feelings , and they don't appreciate you for the effort you do to them.
- I enjoy driving on the road .
Pros
Buy your own food
Cons
Long and short hours
Part time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 January 2017
This is great to supplement an existing job. If you have a full-time job, this is great for times when hours get cut or when you just want a little extra cash. My regular 9-5 pays the bills on my car. Anything I make with Uber is just extra, which is great. I could never afford to live off it though, especially in Toronto.
Pros
Make your own hours, no boss
Cons
Expensive if it's your only source of income
Forget about Uber. Really
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON15 November 2016
Not worth it, unless you are in a desperate situation. People gonna ruin your car, payments are extremely low, like a bus fare for taxi, driver can't choose the trip, driver doesn't know final destination, in case of a dispute company will blame driver and give low rating. Don't do my mistake, at the end you wage will be below 12 cad, and if you will add gas and maintenance... simply forget.
Pros
You can choose your time
Cons
Below lowest wage, you put km on your car, people aren't nice, often drunk and demanding like they are hiring you.
Flexible job with little to no rewards.
Driver/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Working for Uber is fun in that sense that you are your own boss and make your own schedule and have great flexibility, however one of the biggest downfalls is the pay. On top of the low wages, you are putting to much wear and tear on your vehicle. Also all the recent regulations have turned it into just another minimum wage job.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
Low pay
Poor communication - fast food style service
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC9 December 2016
Absoloutely the worst company for communication. They have totally screwed us over here in Gatineau Quebec with not communicating the changes. The General Manager of Quebec is extremely prejudice towards the English speaking minority. All of the emails and messages were sent in French and were poorly communicated.
Uber doesnt care about the driver
Uber Slave Driver (Former Employee) –  GTA25 October 2016
I found drugs in my car
People were abusive
People ripped into your car and Uber didnt help you.
People treat you like scum and Uber allows that.
Uber loves to purge out its drivers. People invested their money and car and time and now are out of business.
Its such a shaky market, runned by people who are also ok with the culture that uber prodcouces. As a result it makes the experience worse and makes the passengers/company abuse you.
Uber's idea is as long as it makes money, do it...theres plenty of people. Thats why corporate culture is centered around heavy turnover. No one ever did this job for long. If they did...they simply dont know how to manage their finance and do budget.
Pros
Your choice
Cons
Uber cares about profit. Even a dollar nets them 0.25 cents.
Self-paced, self-managed work environment
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
After leaving a commission based job I decided to join Uber as the schedule was flexible and potential earnings can vary but are paid out weekly.

A typical day driving for Uber would basically start from me logging into the Uber Partner app on my phone for drivers. I'd wait for a request on my phone from a potential Uber rider. Once I accepted the request i'd go pick the rider up and drop them off at the location requested.

After drop off I'd continue driving waiting for the next rider request and would continue driving until I logged off.

A typical day for me driving with Uber would be anywhere from 5-10 hours a day.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
scheduling
flexible hours and good money
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
it is always fun to meet new people all the time and no restriction of rules and time limits which makes it best part-timr job among all.

the only bad thing is no growth as you start with as a driver and you will be a driver forever. the money that you earn on first day will be same after few years as well.
Pros
good money flexiblehours
Cons
no growth
Part Time
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2017
I work for Uber part time, as a part time driver it is worth it. I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to do it full time. It would be really stressful. I also get 30% off my Rogers phone bill, cheaper oil changes and more with Uber Discounts.
Pros
Discounts, Work when you want, No set schedule
Cons
Customers who don't respect your car.
This is not work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2016
This cannot be perceived as work. If you are bored or want to serve your community - welcome. I gave up because I realized that I was driving people for the bus fare amount, yet straight to their door. And its impossible to decide which order to accept - when you pick up a client you don't know where s/he wants to go. Then turns out the distance is 1,5 kms and your pay is like 3 bucks. Great service for passengers, not so much for drivers.
Uber is ripping off drivers.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON15 February 2017
Net earnings 0.00
Lots of stress, risk on roads, very very low fares, u will end up with high blood pressure and psychological issues , for drivers i can debate with uber management at any platform..its a biggest scam of the century for drivers.
Pros
Cons
Outta frying pan in to the fire.
UBER is just ceating
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Driving for UBER is terible experience. In Toronto, UBER taking more than 30% from drivers. They claim that taking 25 % but that is not thru. From $100 UBER taking 30% and you have to pay tax on the year end what is about 30%. That leave you with only 40 % for gasoline, car tear and wear, insurance...On the end driver getting less than minimum wages for Ontario. Much better is get job in McDonald or Tim Horton's.
Pros
Working time
Cons
Salary
great for part time work ONLY
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2017
Although you can work when ever you want and ou can set up your own schedule, most of the times you end up making less than minimum wage unless you work nights on weekends and then your dealing with drunk obnoxious people
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
usually not worth your time
Meet lots of interesting people great for networking
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
I've been working for uber for just over a year and its been great!
beats a regular job any day works out to be just over $20/hr.

Don't have to deal with management you are your own boss you make the time.

would definitely recommend it if you are thinking about signing up use this referral code and receive an extra $100 after your first 10 trips.
CODE: B2PSE9ZKUE
Pros
make your own time
Cons
pot holes
Uber
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
Great Part Time Job
A lot of freedom in when you work
Great Culture
Great Customers
Great Experiences
The primary responsibility is to create a pleasant environment for the rider, and this can be achieved through a variety of efforts. My status currently maintains a 4.84 star-rating in the City of Toronto, on a basis of 3950+ completed trips. This job has allowed me to understand the city’s patterns and highly congested areas which could benefit from redevelopment, and revitalization.
Uber needs to work on Driver Retention; or they will be out of drivers before they know it.
Pros
freedom
benefits
Fun place to work
Uber Transportation Operator and Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
expand your skill with extended training and management motivates you to learn new skills and grow, enjoy multitasking in this company because you have less supervision and you are self motivated
Pros
frequent incentives
Cons
do not ever think of driving for Uber it is a scum not a company
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  toronto ontario30 October 2016
Do not work for Uber. The company cheats you. they will never support their drivers. they even force their drivers to take online course by terminating their account and rip off their money .
Pros
Cons
maintenance cost no profit, work for free