Uber Partner Drivers

Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Flexible job with little to no rewards.
Driver/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Working for Uber is fun in that sense that you are your own boss and make your own schedule and have great flexibility, however one of the biggest downfalls is the pay. On top of the low wages, you are putting to much wear and tear on your vehicle. Also all the recent regulations have turned it into just another minimum wage job.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
Low pay
Great Oportunity only with a Bike
Bicycle Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Great experience just with my bike can i make delivery. Just work with an App and internet. Totally recommended for start to work in a new country
Pros
Ultimate flexibility
Cons
No tips
Forget about Uber. Really
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON15 November 2016
Not worth it, unless you are in a desperate situation. People gonna ruin your car, payments are extremely low, like a bus fare for taxi, driver can't choose the trip, driver doesn't know final destination, in case of a dispute company will blame driver and give low rating. Don't do my mistake, at the end you wage will be below 12 cad, and if you will add gas and maintenance... simply forget.
Pros
You can choose your time
Cons
Below lowest wage, you put km on your car, people aren't nice, often drunk and demanding like they are hiring you.
do not ever think of driving for Uber it is a scum not a company
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  toronto ontario30 October 2016
Do not work for Uber. The company cheats you. they will never support their drivers. they even force their drivers to take online course by terminating their account and rip off their money .
Pros
Cons
maintenance cost no profit, work for free
Uber doesnt care about the driver
Uber Slave Driver (Former Employee) –  GTA25 October 2016
I found drugs in my car
People were abusive
People ripped into your car and Uber didnt help you.
People treat you like scum and Uber allows that.
Uber loves to purge out its drivers. People invested their money and car and time and now are out of business.
Its such a shaky market, runned by people who are also ok with the culture that uber prodcouces. As a result it makes the experience worse and makes the passengers/company abuse you.
Uber's idea is as long as it makes money, do it...theres plenty of people. Thats why corporate culture is centered around heavy turnover. No one ever did this job for long. If they did...they simply dont know how to manage their finance and do budget.
Pros
Your choice
Cons
Uber cares about profit. Even a dollar nets them 0.25 cents.
Fun Place to work
Professional Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Fun place to work. You are yours boss. You drive customers to various locations. You have to be an excellent driver and have excellent customer service skills. You are your own boss.
Self-paced, self-managed work environment
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
After leaving a commission based job I decided to join Uber as the schedule was flexible and potential earnings can vary but are paid out weekly.

A typical day driving for Uber would basically start from me logging into the Uber Partner app on my phone for drivers. I'd wait for a request on my phone from a potential Uber rider. Once I accepted the request i'd go pick the rider up and drop them off at the location requested.

After drop off I'd continue driving waiting for the next rider request and would continue driving until I logged off.

A typical day for me driving with Uber would be anywhere from 5-10 hours a day.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
scheduling
This is not work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2016
This cannot be perceived as work. If you are bored or want to serve your community - welcome. I gave up because I realized that I was driving people for the bus fare amount, yet straight to their door. And its impossible to decide which order to accept - when you pick up a client you don't know where s/he wants to go. Then turns out the distance is 1,5 kms and your pay is like 3 bucks. Great service for passengers, not so much for drivers.
N/a
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
1.weekends
2.paitence and alot more stuff
3.overall not bad
4.Good cordinators
5.When a customer is in car and done know his/her address because of drunk,then driver dont have any option.
6.In touch with different culture people,chatting
overall Enjoybale if UBER increase prices littlebit more.
flexibility, own hour, fun working
Driver (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON21 September 2016
this job actually better than taxi cuse driver and rider they rate each other so both party well behaved no money exchange in this job no worry own hours on pressure of getting up
UBER is just ceating
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Driving for UBER is terible experience. In Toronto, UBER taking more than 30% from drivers. They claim that taking 25 % but that is not thru. From $100 UBER taking 30% and you have to pay tax on the year end what is about 30%. That leave you with only 40 % for gasoline, car tear and wear, insurance...On the end driver getting less than minimum wages for Ontario. Much better is get job in McDonald or Tim Horton's.
Pros
Working time
Cons
Salary
Meet lots of interesting people great for networking
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
I've been working for uber for just over a year and its been great!
beats a regular job any day works out to be just over $20/hr.

Don't have to deal with management you are your own boss you make the time.

would definitely recommend it if you are thinking about signing up use this referral code and receive an extra $100 after your first 10 trips.
CODE: B2PSE9ZKUE
Pros
make your own time
Cons
pot holes
Fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
Enjoy that I'm the boss don't have a time limit to be at work so that I can be a mom and still try to fit in time to work even it's just for one day only
Pros
No time limits
Cons
Kills my car
Uber
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
Great Part Time Job
A lot of freedom in when you work
Great Culture
Great Customers
Great Experiences
The primary responsibility is to create a pleasant environment for the rider, and this can be achieved through a variety of efforts. My status currently maintains a 4.84 star-rating in the City of Toronto, on a basis of 3950+ completed trips. This job has allowed me to understand the city’s patterns and highly congested areas which could benefit from redevelopment, and revitalization.
Uber needs to work on Driver Retention; or they will be out of drivers before they know it.
Pros
freedom
benefits
Uber saving my life!
Uber Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
I'm sorry to say but most people will only review Uber when they are not happy. We need more people to provide positive feedback. Bottom line is that it's 2016 and in 2016 most people run their lives using their cell phone. If the cabbies are not happy then they should look at the Uber process to help their own companies. For me having this opportunity has helped me tremendously. I have been feeling so much healthier after working for Uber. This whole Uber business process is just what I was missing in my life to keep me occupied. I have never been so happy and everyone at work can see a big change in me. ALL THANKS TO UBER! I at first was on the side of the Cabbies however now that Uber has helped me and givin me a purpose I am converted. Thank you Uber for saving my life!
Pros
Make your own hours, Meet some great people
Cons
Some people rate 4 when you should have gotten 5
Do not driver uber unless your desperate for $$
Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
Uber is a corporation deducting 25% of the overall time and distance, additionally there is a rider fee. It works out to be 30%.

Uber is taking away too much money from the drivers when they cover;
-CAR PAYMENTS
-INSURANCE
-GAS
-REPAIRS
-CELLUAR DATA

If you have a high end vehicle you can make good money, HOWEVER the maitence for those vehicles still makes it a minimum wage job with a high end vehicle.

I would recommend this job if your desperate for money, and have no other option while seeking other employment. I have driven my car into the ground by putting 150,000km on it in a year and a half with no backing from uber. I feel ashamed that I did this to myself, but I am urging others to BEWARE!
Pros
flexibility, instant weekly pay
Cons
car deteration, not stable, no long term growth
Better than minimum wage labour jobs.
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 July 2016
In my city most of the riders are students, so once school ended demand dropped off. It became clear that there was no longer any profit in it.

During the regular school year after gas I was making a little more than $15 per hour. The rating system is annoying, riders will give a 4 star rating if you are not super chipper. If your driver gets you to the right location safely and securely and he's not a douchebag give him a five for God's sake. Also, Uber is always telling people not to tip, that's just wrong. If people tip cabbies why not Uber driver's? They just want to control the entire money stream.

Communication with the company is a little frustrating, I have never actually been able to talk to anyone.

It would be tough making a living doing this while at the same time you are taking away a living wage from a cabbie, you have to question the ethics of that. Yet it is better than a minimum wage labour job.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Not worth the effort and time.
make a waiting button
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
the app should be fixed a little like the waiting button and the more than one stop should do something about it not fair for the driver
Pros
extra credit for ppl give more than 10 hours
Excellent environment
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
Best company to work for. Its fun and exciting because I met different people every day and have good conversation with them about life and about the job market and about life activities.
Get in and get out any time
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  SANFRANCISCO13 June 2016
Drive on different cites,sitting all day in car ,met new people , flexibility on take your free time during a day that I can do some staff ,
Pros
PRMOE
Cons
LONG DAY

2.9