Uber Partner Drivers

Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Uber saving my life!
Uber Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
I'm sorry to say but most people will only review Uber when they are not happy. We need more people to provide positive feedback. Bottom line is that it's 2016 and in 2016 most people run their lives using their cell phone. If the cabbies are not happy then they should look at the Uber process to help their own companies. For me having this opportunity has helped me tremendously. I have been feeling so much healthier after working for Uber. This whole Uber business process is just what I was missing in my life to keep me occupied. I have never been so happy and everyone at work can see a big change in me. ALL THANKS TO UBER! I at first was on the side of the Cabbies however now that Uber has helped me and givin me a purpose I am converted. Thank you Uber for saving my life!
Pros
Make your own hours, Meet some great people
Cons
Some people rate 4 when you should have gotten 5
Do not driver uber unless your desperate for $$
Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Uber is a corporation deducting 25% of the overall time and distance, additionally there is a rider fee. It works out to be 30%.

Uber is taking away too much money from the drivers when they cover;
-CAR PAYMENTS
-INSURANCE
-GAS
-REPAIRS
-CELLUAR DATA

If you have a high end vehicle you can make good money, HOWEVER the maitence for those vehicles still makes it a minimum wage job with a high end vehicle.

I would recommend this job if your desperate for money, and have no other option while seeking other employment. I have driven my car into the ground by putting 150,000km on it in a year and a half with no backing from uber. I feel ashamed that I did this to myself, but I am urging others to BEWARE!
Pros
flexibility, instant weekly pay
Cons
car deteration, not stable, no long term growth
Love Uber driving and riding
UBER Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 13, 2016
Excellent company support.

You can shut the app off when you are finished for the day and no rules on how long you need to work.

Co workers can use a bit of lessons in human rights codes, some UBER drivers refuse service dogs which is illegal and wrong. Some UBER drivers are former taxi drivers and still don't "get it". You need to be nice to people no matter what.

Management always answers promptly and helps.

The people "riders' are the most enjoyable. I wish some riders would tip on top of the ride as they would tip a nasty taxi driver why not tip a good UBER driver?
Pros
tips
Cons
drunks
uber partner driver
uber driver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 13, 2016
I have been driving with Uber in Kitchener Waterloo in Canada since January 2016 and full time.I used to earn $20 minimum per hour now my rate per hour is $10 sometimes even less.My city is student town and most of the students are gone for summer therefore business is slow yet uber still hiring new drivers. I have also noticed Uber changed the partner app recently. In partner app surge areas keep changing every minute.Why? I believe Uber wants drivers in every area in the city even tough there is not demand yet. I go to surge area guess what Iam only driver and not even single request. Thats happens all the time.Even tough I dont chase surge yet sometimes I would take my chances.What is Uber doing is so stupid.If they dont care full time drivers from now on I will not work for Uber. Thats f.. stupid. Uber only cares about themselves, and customer newer drivers. Guys if you making less than $20 for Uber dont waste your time.Good luck all the drivers.
Pros
not enough earning
Cons
flexible
Uber lies and not give what they promised
Uber driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
I have been driving Uber more than 400 trips now and let me tell you my experience, the money you earn after you deduct your time, gas, insurance, car payment and sometime car damage, clean fee. I was making less minimum wage due to I get no insurance and health benefit.
I had one time passenger opened the door and got collision with the Biker, Uber promised me to take care of the thing and told me to send a copy of insurance coverage just for reference. Do not do what Uber tells you because they will do things without your consensus. Your insurance company will notice and will drop you and they do not pay you a dime if your insurance won't cover Uber. There is no Uber coverage.
I got one time customer smoke in my car and he is on drug and alcohol and he puked and ashes all over my seat and floor, Uber will not give you any clean fee due to it is not damaged that you can still drive from what I understand that if I can still drive that no clean fee?
Pros
Why people say they can control their shift, no salary and health benefit of course I control my shift
Cons
Too many and read my post
Poor payment for the drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Uber has been forcing drivers to have insurance for the riders, there is only one insurance company 'AVIVA' offering this but Aviva is very expensive in general and Uber drivers has no other choice. I have been paying insurance $398/month only for 10hrs driving per week. Moreover Uber is still deducting $1.5/trip as safe rider fee where as my insurance is giving full coverage for riders. Is it fair to pay $1.50/trip?? Uber management does not look at the drivers side that's why lots of driver do not like to drive for Uber. They increased service fee (UberX) from 20% to 25%, rider fee from $1 to $1.5 per trip. Their software does not work properly, does not pay full ETR407 cost, poor business strategy, does not care drivers opinion while releasing new rules. CITY should regulate them so that they can not change rules without considering stakeholders opinion.
Meet lots of interesting people great for networking
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2016
I've been working for uber for just over a year and its been great!
beats a regular job any day works out to be just over $20/hr.

Don't have to deal with management you are your own boss you make the time.

would definitely recommend it if you are thinking about signing up use this referral code and receive an extra $100 after your first 10 trips.
CODE: B2PSE9ZKUE
Pros
make your own time
Cons
pot holes
UBER is just ceating
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Driving for UBER is terible experience. In Toronto, UBER taking more than 30% from drivers. They claim that taking 25 % but that is not thru. From $100 UBER taking 30% and you have to pay tax on the year end what is about 30%. That leave you with only 40 % for gasoline, car tear and wear, insurance...On the end driver getting less than minimum wages for Ontario. Much better is get job in McDonald or Tim Horton's.
Pros
Working time
Cons
Salary
Uber = Vampire for Drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
Have been driving uber full timely for 1 month at DT Toronto. The average earning is around 20$/hr. However, the number is actually around 10$ or sometimes even less actually after counting all the deductions( gas, insurance, cleaning, and etc.). After 1 month's driving, actually found myself is just making money for Uber not for myself. I'm the driver that take the most risk on the road while Uber doesn't take much risk on collect its portion of money. Uber take 25% from every fare and now is trying to push it to 30%. I really hope there are some competitors coming to the market to stop Uber's monopoly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low Wages, High Risk, No Cover
One Second You're Needed Next Second You're Trash -Waste of Time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2016
I wished I've come here before I joined them. I decided to check them out after I heard good words about them in the media, and it was a total waste of time.
"Heads up: 95% of Riders don't let you stop the car before They jump in or out, that alone would cause you an accident."
For the setting-up everything was done very quickly. And, for whatever reason that I could not figure out I was 'deactivated' in less than a month, right before I got to do the Emission Test. Since I was already spending money washing, cleaning and upgrading the car -in addition to gas expenses, I thought to try driving for a full day (8 hours) to see how much I will make... I guess that was a bad move, because before I can complete the experience I was getting notices that "I've been flagged for not picking up enough rides", and "I've got too many bad ratings". There I was already facing punishment by being told that I have to pay for a online course out of my own pocket, and which by the way will not guarantee me staying on the road. So, before I had the time to think about if that was the right thing for me to do, with No clear explanation provided, I was told that I was permanently gone. Thanks be to God!
Pros
Flexible '?'
Cons
Long Hours Less Less Money - No Respect
Simple, Fun and Easy
Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
The primary responsibility is to create a pleasant environment for the rider, and this can be achieved through a variety of efforts. My status currently maintains a 4.85 star-rating in the City of Toronto, on a basis of 360 completed trips. This job has allowed me to understand the city’s patterns and highly congested areas which could benefit from redevelopment, and revitalization.
Pros
Customized hours, financially and morally rewarding
Cons
Potentially unpleasant customers
Good Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 18, 2016
Great job make my own hours and great salary. Fun environment and great people and very laid back. Would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
No boss
Management is brutal
driver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Worked about a month for them. The problem is that when you have an issue you are not able to talk to a live person. Every time you contact them via email you deal with someone different. They don't follow up on any issue. They don't support the drivers or should I say partners. I was fired after I had an issue with the app. It wasn't working properly and caused problems and as a result they fired me within 2 days just like that. I tried to explain the problems I was having and it was like they didn't care.
When I was driving it was difficult to make decent money and the fact that nobody tips makes it hard to justify using your own car. A lot of problems with the GPS sending me to places and nobody is there. Couldn't cancels trips because there was no cancel button. Couldn't contact riders because there was no button for that either. It just disappeared one day. When I brought these issues to their attention it was too late they already made their decision and denied that I had any problems with the app.
I would not recommend working for them. They make all the money you take all the risks and take on all expenses and at the end of the day they don't support you and will get rid of you at the drop of a hat. The whole insurance thing too is fishy. They are always looking for drivers, I wonder why.
Pros
work when you want
Cons
Too many to list
not appreciated by both uber and passengers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
it is a way to make a living for desperate people who have lost their job and have no other option and uber takes advantage of it quite well.it is probably one of the worst companies to work for.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
treated like an idiot by company and clients, very stressful, take home about 13 to 15 dollar, constant harassment by uber
Excellent environment
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Best company to work for. Its fun and exciting because I met different people every day and have good conversation with them about life and about the job market and about life activities.
make a waiting button
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
the app should be fixed a little like the waiting button and the more than one stop should do something about it not fair for the driver
Pros
extra credit for ppl give more than 10 hours
Productive and fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
Everyday I enjoy with talking to the customers and I am helpful to the customers. Plus I get 5 stars from the customers and the customer service.
Pros
Flexable Hours and tips
Cons
Long hours and overnight
Make my own hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 25, 2016
My favorite part about working as a contractor for uber is that I can make my own hours and be my own boss. I also like that I make whatever I put into the job. So if i want to make more money then I would know I could do that because it is all on my time.
Pros
easy money, make my own hours
Cons
drunk people
working uber is waste of time again
driver partner (Former Employee) –  toronto,onDecember 5, 2015
I like tell every canadian that do not work for uber, I am not a taxi cab or any part to politics, but I am just telling my experience that uber is just making money out of your resourcess, they have no investement for your car, or no coveage for your rider in case accident happend. I have drove for uber almost 10 days but just gone through bad experience, I have stranger rider sitting in my car and instructing me go that ways and that ways and confusing me about the direction and that almost met me with accident.Rider using uber just for advantage, rider requested trip from brampton to mississauga but in the mean time rider change his mind and change his destination saying that his friend is giving him ride. you travelled to his place about 9km to get him and drove him to his friend place about 4 km so he can get ride with his freind. Most of the time you pick rider there is no bus for ttc running and they have to come or walk long way to get ttc, they used uber to get to the ttc stand or close by and your fare some time after deducation $3.77.It is very good source of income for uber and money saver for rider,but you are losser end of the days. do it for a days and you will relise that what i am talking. I hope you believe me if not do it for a days for uber.
Pros
you loose value of your vehicle
Cons
long hrs less money
Get in and get out any time
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  SANFRANCISCOJune 13, 2016
Drive on different cites,sitting all day in car ,met new people , flexibility on take your free time during a day that I can do some staff ,
Pros
PRMOE
Cons
LONG DAY

2.8