Uber Partner Drivers

Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews in Canada

Do not driver uber unless your desperate for $$
Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Uber is a corporation deducting 25% of the overall time and distance, additionally there is a rider fee. It works out to be 30%.

Uber is taking away too much money from the drivers when they cover;
-CAR PAYMENTS
-INSURANCE
-GAS
-REPAIRS
-CELLUAR DATA

If you have a high end vehicle you can make good money, HOWEVER the maitence for those vehicles still makes it a minimum wage job with a high end vehicle.

I would recommend this job if your desperate for money, and have no other option while seeking other employment. I have driven my car into the ground by putting 150,000km on it in a year and a half with no backing from uber. I feel ashamed that I did this to myself, but I am urging others to BEWARE!
Pros
flexibility, instant weekly pay
Cons
car deteration, not stable, no long term growth
Uber saving my life!
Uber Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
I'm sorry to say but most people will only review Uber when they are not happy. We need more people to provide positive feedback. Bottom line is that it's 2016 and in 2016 most people run their lives using their cell phone. If the cabbies are not happy then they should look at the Uber process to help their own companies. For me having this opportunity has helped me tremendously. I have been feeling so much healthier after working for Uber. This whole Uber business process is just what I was missing in my life to keep me occupied. I have never been so happy and everyone at work can see a big change in me. ALL THANKS TO UBER! I at first was on the side of the Cabbies however now that Uber has helped me and givin me a purpose I am converted. Thank you Uber for saving my life!
Pros
Make your own hours, Meet some great people
Cons
Some people rate 4 when you should have gotten 5
Simple, Fun and Easy
Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
The primary responsibility is to create a pleasant environment for the rider, and this can be achieved through a variety of efforts. My status currently maintains a 4.85 star-rating in the City of Toronto, on a basis of 360 completed trips. This job has allowed me to understand the city’s patterns and highly congested areas which could benefit from redevelopment, and revitalization.
Pros
Customized hours, financially and morally rewarding
Cons
Potentially unpleasant customers
not appreciated by both uber and passengers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
it is a way to make a living for desperate people who have lost their job and have no other option and uber takes advantage of it quite well.it is probably one of the worst companies to work for.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
treated like an idiot by company and clients, very stressful, take home about 13 to 15 dollar, constant harassment by uber
Poor payment for the drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Uber has been forcing drivers to have insurance for the riders, there is only one insurance company 'AVIVA' offering this but Aviva is very expensive in general and Uber drivers has no other choice. I have been paying insurance $398/month only for 10hrs driving per week. Moreover Uber is still deducting $1.5/trip as safe rider fee where as my insurance is giving full coverage for riders. Is it fair to pay $1.50/trip?? Uber management does not look at the drivers side that's why lots of driver do not like to drive for Uber. They increased service fee (UberX) from 20% to 25%, rider fee from $1 to $1.5 per trip. Their software does not work properly, does not pay full ETR407 cost, poor business strategy, does not care drivers opinion while releasing new rules. CITY should regulate them so that they can not change rules without considering stakeholders opinion.
Uber = Vampire for Drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
Have been driving uber full timely for 1 month at DT Toronto. The average earning is around 20$/hr. However, the number is actually around 10$ or sometimes even less actually after counting all the deductions( gas, insurance, cleaning, and etc.). After 1 month's driving, actually found myself is just making money for Uber not for myself. I'm the driver that take the most risk on the road while Uber doesn't take much risk on collect its portion of money. Uber take 25% from every fare and now is trying to push it to 30%. I really hope there are some competitors coming to the market to stop Uber's monopoly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low Wages, High Risk, No Cover
Love Uber driving and riding
UBER Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 13, 2016
Excellent company support.

You can shut the app off when you are finished for the day and no rules on how long you need to work.

Co workers can use a bit of lessons in human rights codes, some UBER drivers refuse service dogs which is illegal and wrong. Some UBER drivers are former taxi drivers and still don't "get it". You need to be nice to people no matter what.

Management always answers promptly and helps.

The people "riders' are the most enjoyable. I wish some riders would tip on top of the ride as they would tip a nasty taxi driver why not tip a good UBER driver?
Pros
tips
Cons
drunks
uber partner driver
uber driver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 13, 2016
I have been driving with Uber in Kitchener Waterloo in Canada since January 2016 and full time.I used to earn $20 minimum per hour now my rate per hour is $10 sometimes even less.My city is student town and most of the students are gone for summer therefore business is slow yet uber still hiring new drivers. I have also noticed Uber changed the partner app recently. In partner app surge areas keep changing every minute.Why? I believe Uber wants drivers in every area in the city even tough there is not demand yet. I go to surge area guess what Iam only driver and not even single request. Thats happens all the time.Even tough I dont chase surge yet sometimes I would take my chances.What is Uber doing is so stupid.If they dont care full time drivers from now on I will not work for Uber. Thats f.. stupid. Uber only cares about themselves, and customer newer drivers. Guys if you making less than $20 for Uber dont waste your time.Good luck all the drivers.
Pros
not enough earning
Cons
flexible
Make my own hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 25, 2016
My favorite part about working as a contractor for uber is that I can make my own hours and be my own boss. I also like that I make whatever I put into the job. So if i want to make more money then I would know I could do that because it is all on my time.
Pros
easy money, make my own hours
Cons
drunk people
Excellent environment
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Best company to work for. Its fun and exciting because I met different people every day and have good conversation with them about life and about the job market and about life activities.
Fun and popular ride sharing program. Modern method of transportation. Leaders in industry
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 12, 2016
Excellent earning opportunity. Set your own schedule. Flexible and Fun. Be your own boss. Very user friendly. Excellent referral program for both rider and driver.
Pros
Perks
make a waiting button
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
the app should be fixed a little like the waiting button and the more than one stop should do something about it not fair for the driver
Pros
extra credit for ppl give more than 10 hours
Productive and fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
Everyday I enjoy with talking to the customers and I am helpful to the customers. Plus I get 5 stars from the customers and the customer service.
Pros
Flexable Hours and tips
Cons
Long hours and overnight
Less then minimum wage! !!!!!!
Rented mule (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 19, 2015
I was driving for over a month now and I came to the realization that I was making under 9$ a hour. I did my homework on uber and the system, and I found out why American drivers make about double 20$ a hour (double than a Canadian) and it's simple, the other countries are subcontractors for the uber company, to save on taxes and managerial costs, and while uber makes there cut uber montreal takes another BIG SLICE OF THE PIE. LEAVING NOTHING BUT MINIMUM WAGE FOR THE DRIVER'S. SO DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE US comments about there drivers making on average 20 to 25$ a hour because no matter what you do and no matter how many hour you work you will never make money!!!and that's the truth.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Get in and get out any time
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  SANFRANCISCOJune 13, 2016
Drive on different cites,sitting all day in car ,met new people , flexibility on take your free time during a day that I can do some staff ,
Pros
PRMOE
Cons
LONG DAY
Good job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Use my referral code if your thinking of driving and make $100 free
B2pse9zkue

Good side job or full time I have a friend that clears $3500 a month doing uber I do it part time and it's pretty good you just need to drive on good times to make the most.
Pros
On your own schedule
Cons
Pot holes
Amazing Technology! Make your own hours!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
Uber has done everything to help you succeed! From weekly updates, to weekly pay deposits, Uber lets you know where the events are happening and what hours of the week trend to be the busiest.

One can always wish for more money, but your bottom line depends on how many hours you are wanting to put into it.
Cons may exceed pros
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Been driving from Monday through Friday, mostly mornings. I have put over 700 kms on my car in just 5 days. Made 354 dollars, from which I have to deduct gas, maintenance and taxes. Probably less than $250 in total. Long trips pay more, but the drive back is longer, so it adds up, unless you want to stay where you dropped the client for a chance to get a new rider... but it can take you farther... Uber's share is 25%, hummm. And there's the fishy thing about the insurance.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Everything on driver, not that good everything considered.
Management is very poor
not for discussion (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 5, 2015
Poor internal communication. Staff doesn't listen or care. Total joke. I have written them many letter trying to help.... nada... there isn't a phone number to talk to a real person. ah, what else let me see, Oh they completely lye when they talk about your auto insurance. I have 1st hand information there. don't get caught by your insurance company cause you lye to your insurance they have every right to pull coverage contrary to what Uber says... Be very careful. Do it if you want but bet someone will puke in your car. OH but the good thing is they wont be back in your car.... Big woop. you pay to clean it. and you sit in the stink every day.
good luck
Pros
no pro's
Cons
someone will puke in your car but the good thing is the wont be in your car again.... big deal.
Need to pay a living wage!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
I loved driving for Uber. I just couldn't make it work financially after they gave themselves a 5% commission increase this past January...

2.8