Uber Partner Drivers

Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Deducting more than you should do
None (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Deducting almost 25% is not fair we are driving using our cars you are the operator I believe 15% is more than enough for the app provider, we carry the risk 100%, be fair, please.
Young and trendy culture
Restaurant Expert/ Driver Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Uber is a great place to work because you know you're helping millions of people travel safely at an affordable price each day. Senior management are great mentors with much to offer new employees.
Perfect for someone with a crazy schedule
Uber Eats Cyclist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Really fun and very flexible. If you do not have normal 8 hour chunks of your day you can dedicate to work or if you have prior commitments that can pop up "out of no-where" than Riding your bike for uber eats is the way to go.
Pros
Paid to do a outdoor spin class
Cons
Have to do an out door spin class
Fun work atmosphere
Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
I enjoy working with uber its really awesome, great technical support and customer service, I really recommend this place to everyone , awesome environment
Flexible hours, weekly pay
Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Good company and get to meet new people everyday.
I make my own schedule and I get paid weekly on time.
Uber office staff are great, helpful and respond in a timely manner to urgent issues.
Pros
flexible hours
Not fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Treated poorly by riders and Uber head office. Pay isn't good for the output. You loose more if you drive full time. Is it a good job for those who need extra cash fast and is a great backup but not a full time job.
Fun to be out and about
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
I enjoyed working with uber because it was a good chance to get out and see the city and interact with a bunch of different types of people, but the wear and tear on my personal vehicle was something I could not put up with.
Fantastic Employer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Great work life balance, very interested in developing customer relationships and having a remote office. Enjoy the flexible schedule in that you can easily take a day off or work extra hours when needed.
Uber is ripping off drivers.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON15 February 2017
Net earnings 0.00
Lots of stress, risk on roads, very very low fares, u will end up with high blood pressure and psychological issues , for drivers i can debate with uber management at any platform..its a biggest scam of the century for drivers.
Pros
Cons
Outta frying pan in to the fire.
great for part time work ONLY
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2017
Although you can work when ever you want and ou can set up your own schedule, most of the times you end up making less than minimum wage unless you work nights on weekends and then your dealing with drunk obnoxious people
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
usually not worth your time
Flexible schedule. Enjoyable work.
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2017
I drive passengers similar to a taxi. However I have a better protection because customers are registered online and the payment happens automatically online. No cash in the car.
Cons
Low hourly pay.
Fun place to work
Uber Transportation Operator and Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
expand your skill with extended training and management motivates you to learn new skills and grow, enjoy multitasking in this company because you have less supervision and you are self motivated
Pros
frequent incentives
Cons
good second option but not worth it
Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
I drove Uber for almost a year and since my background is accounting, I can say with certainty that it doesn't worth. Yes it gives you freedom and it is good second option if you want to make extra few hundred dollars. Fares are very low like bus fare. The main thing is people do not realize that whatever you get after uber deduct is not actually your net pay. First of all uber takes almost 45%. They say 25% but check what they charge to riders and what you get is actually around 55:45 ratio. Then you are putting a lot of KM on your car deduct that wear and tear, gas, taxes that you have to pay in the end of the day cant run away, HST lol. Believe me if you work 7 days and put like 10 hours day you would be lucky to make 900 and then you have deduct all the expanses and finally you in reality making 400 for 7 days. In order to make 900 you have to drive around 2000 km easily and after two weeks you have to change oil and within two years yours 25k car will be worthless.

good second option but not an alternative. I can say with certainty that working for 12 dollars an hour is better than driving uber. At least you do not have other expanses.
Pros
own boss, flexible hours
Cons
less than min pay
Part Time
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2017
I work for Uber part time, as a part time driver it is worth it. I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to do it full time. It would be really stressful. I also get 30% off my Rogers phone bill, cheaper oil changes and more with Uber Discounts.
Pros
Discounts, Work when you want, No set schedule
Cons
Customers who don't respect your car.
Working by your own car
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
- I can choose my shifts ( making your schedule ).
- I learned to many places ( city knowledge ) .
- There is no manager you are on your own .
- We meet with all ages , cultures deliver them to their destination .
- Some people are rude , aggressive they don't care about your
feelings , and they don't appreciate you for the effort you do to them.
- I enjoy driving on the road .
Pros
Buy your own food
Cons
Long and short hours
Excellent supplementary income opportunity!
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
I've driven for Uber for over 3 years now, and have seen other drivers come and go. I love doing what I do for that extra income.

It's great if you already have a full time job, and are looking for some extra money. Not so good if you're using it for full time income as the costs to run your vehicle are exponentially higher than part time.

I'm lucky in that my full time work is only 15 minutes drive away, so while I do put ~500km per weekend doing Uber, it balances out with those who commute 50-90 minutes to work to be roughly the same amount of wear and tear on the vehicle.

I wish the income was better, as like a service industry (waiter, hostess, etc.), you rely on tips to make it mostly worthwhile if the vehicle you drive isn't fuel efficient. The caveat of that is though, bigger vehicles usually mean more comfortable passengers, so the likelihood of tips goes up.
Pros
Decent Money, Great Conversation, write-offs for T2200 galore!
Cons
Zero chance for advancement, tax returns for write-offs are once a year
Part time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 January 2017
This is great to supplement an existing job. If you have a full-time job, this is great for times when hours get cut or when you just want a little extra cash. My regular 9-5 pays the bills on my car. Anything I make with Uber is just extra, which is great. I could never afford to live off it though, especially in Toronto.
Pros
Make your own hours, no boss
Cons
Expensive if it's your only source of income
very fun job
uber driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 December 2016
very good "second job" . you can start whenever you want and stop whenever you want in an "online , offline " button .
learned a lot from discovering new places to meet new people to many things more .
hardest thing in the job was trying to focus on many things during the ride such as talking to the customer and focusing on gps and trying to figure out how to take another route when there is construction all at the same time .
the most enjoyable thing in this job is I can fix my own schedule .
Pros
discovering new places
Cons
people throwing up in my car
uber driver
UBER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2016
great place to work , you can make your hours whenever you like , you can be your own boss and meet new people . Get paid tips from people to cover gas costs
Pros
work when you want
Cons
meeting weird customers
Fun working place with flexible working time
Partner (Current Employee) –  GTA29 December 2016
Not suitable for a permanent job, cooperative management. I learned GTA in a way I've never experienced before. Working at the company is good when someone is between 2 jobs i.e. temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.