Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Less than minimum wages.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
Uber just eating the BLOOD of the drivers and make lots of money it self. They hide the booking fee from the driver and get from the customer. work full time 65 hours and make less the 10$ an hours. upfront fare is an other method to eat a driver blood more. Nothing for stopping for customer. No care for drivers.
Good work life balance
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
It is a great job to work for. I can manage my time/day effectively and work when i want. Make decent money on high volume times. You get wear and tear on your car but i try to stay local.
Driving for uber, well read this and decided.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2017
OK let's start. Well I start driving for uber a couple months ago and here is my review. The week days the waiting time to get a rider is 1 rider every 1 hour if you are lucky. The most of the runs is short ways. The only good days is Friday night and Saturday night and I mean to start working from 7 pm to 3am to make 120 $ which 40 $ is your gas plus your vehicle maintenance cost. So overall you make 80 $ in 8 hours, 10 per hour. Plus you have too deal with all that drunk guys Friday and
Saturday. Personally I don't think it's worthy to drive for uber. The minimum wage is higher than to drive for uber. They don't provide any training or care for the drivers. Uber hiring and hiring more drivers which it's mean less riders and more of waiting time. Plus from the 1st of this year they give them self 5% raise so the uber fee now is 25% from 20%.
Pros
Own hours
Cons
Long waiting hours for a rider. Uber doesn't care about the drivers
Cant live on a working here
Private Transportation Provider (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
Obviously the perk of driving for Uber is that you make your own hours. But for the last couple months I find I am doing a lot of waiting for calls and not getting very good/long runs. I know the city, I know where the rushes are, but there are so many drivers (especially down town) that its near impossible to get a ride request. I have watched other areas of the city that tend to get surges occasionally thinking I might be more likely to get rides in those areas, but again, often I go home empty handed or just make enough to cover the gas I am burning.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not earning enough to support myself.
I liked the flexibility of the whole idea
Part-time delivery and transportation (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC12 May 2017
I have no complaints, as usual.
The idea is great (UBER) and I might reconsider it as a side-income in the future -given that this option should always be available in general; but just not necessarily one that I would want to commit for a life-time job. There are the related costs with the vehicle and its maintenance to be considered as an extra expense and if I put these expenses on my taxes then I have to ensure all receipts are kept forever, even past 7 years; in-case I need to prove it.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Vehicle maintenance expenses
Only good for part time
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2017
nice way to earn and know your city and meet new people.only worth part time.because too many expenses if you have a luxury car.overall its above average.
Excellent service
Driver partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2017
I would like to recommend this job to people who want to work flexible hours and enjoy working with people.If the drivers are able to work and any weather conditions the might benefit greatly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long miles of driving
It's ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Many aspects of Uber I did enjoy but it is not good full time work. I liked delivering food and driving people around. The money is terrible. Hours are great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
very reliable in terms of work hours
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
this workplace is very fun as you would encounter various different customers and learn how to cater to their need. me being the communicative person that i am finds this very interesting since i love providing a service for a customer while thinking about the customer equity.
Pros
can work any time
Cons
should be paid more
Great and fun job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
I really like uber, its the best job for anyone who likes driving. Great campany, great organization. I would recommend uber for everyone. Keep up the good work uber
Sad on their behalf
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
They start you off in a blindfold. No training, No examples and No references. For all the experiences that they posses in monitoring.
They don't even give you a clue on how or where to look or position yourself to make money. By the time you find your locations to where you think is a good spot to make a fair wager. They take you out of your comfort location and send you else where.They have a very bad calculating system when it comes up to your mins + mileage pay. It's always wrong, off by .50 to a $1.50 of your pay and when you question about their calculations and you complain they do 3 things. They tell you we understand it could be frustrating and the calculations are right and after you waste a half an hour to an hour of texting back and forth of complaining, then they tell you sorry but the calculations are not "Guaranteed"? They give you the correct reading of your minutes and your mileage on your phone and on their web site. There is no Management just a bunch of workers that don't if they are coming or going and a lot of answer a question with a question. The hardest part of this job is the lack of communication.
The only thing I enjoy about this job is my customers. You get to meet interesting people and I like to drive. For a billion dollar company in such a short time of it's existence. It's a sad lack of support company to work for.
Pros
customers
Cons
Poor system, poor pay and no tipping!
Excellent working environment
courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
I work with Uber as a courier on part time basis and it is the safest way to deal with customers because I am not dealing with any cash, credit or credit card transactions upfront when I am bringing courier at the customer door.
Pros
Na
Cons
Lowest paying job in the country
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2017
Since others are giving this more than one star I'm assuming driving in other Canadian cities can be alright, but in Calgary it is brutal! It's extremely hard to make $10/hr even during morning rush hour and Friday Saturday nights.
If there was tips it might be okay..
I'd say after expenses I average about $6/hr.
fun place to work
Uber Partner and Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
it fun getting to know the city and meeting people, its a really nice part time job. its a great medium to acquire desire customer service experience. The pay might not be consistence but ii actually a great part time job as you are your own job and you choose your own schedule.
Excellent experience in business management and customer service
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Excellent experience in business management and customer service. I love the flexibility of working with Uber. I also enjoy working with the customer. This job teachers you to be self motivated and to manage your own business with his a great asset.
Pros
Flexible
Fun place to work in.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
The job is a whenever you want whenever you want, there no set schedule for work, which is the biggest advantage about working with this company. I have interesting conversations with people which I enjoy very much.
Deducting more than you should do
None (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Deducting almost 25% is not fair we are driving using our cars you are the operator I believe 15% is more than enough for the app provider, we carry the risk 100%, be fair, please.
Not worth
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
Drove 180 KMS to make 55 dollars, too much on gas and mileage. Not enough money, I have been driving Uber for last 6 months but I didn't find it useful very poor support, destination is hidden till u pick up can't make choices,it's only the company which makes money and drivers are mis treated, Uber scrutinizes you on everything, braking acceleration professionalism etc but in turn gives nothing except peanuts. I get carwash every alternate day, night wear and tear, will not recommend to anyone, if you can find any other job then do not choose ride share job it's waste of time. Number of drivers are increasing due to false claims and for the commission you get on references but trust me it's not worth it, for one ride there is 3 Uber driver approximately.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Can't choose rides if you cancel it goes against you, rude riders, too much propaganda
great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2017
love working with uber you work at your own times when ever you want and you can make a killing in just a weekend trust me if you have a car give uber a chance
Pros
work when u want make alot
Cons
alot of uber drivers in the city
Young and trendy culture
Restaurant Expert/ Driver Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Uber is a great place to work because you know you're helping millions of people travel safely at an affordable price each day. Senior management are great mentors with much to offer new employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.