Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Driver performer Uber X, Pool, Selects!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto20 November 2017
Had 4.95 average highest in the city.
Driven 8000 people.
Receives average 20 positive comments per month a zero negative comments.
Drove everywhere in southern Ontario, meet lots of great people, great places with beautiful landscapes and designes. I learned quit a bit about the city and its history as well the streets and short cuts.
It's nice to make your own hours and be your own boss.
Pros
Be your own boss make your own hours
Cons
Job security, self employment, no benifits, taxes, use own car and pay all expenses
Is this really a job?
Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 October 2017
Think again:

I have been driving Uber over the past two months. The high was $22/hr (including your own gas and car) and low was $8/hr (again including your gas and car). Average is $12-14/hr. If you remove gas and car maintenance, you are making roughly $5/hr.

Bear in mind you still need to pay income taxes at year-end.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
below minimum wages
Sophisticated system of commute
Driver for passengers (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
Excellent experience. Providing best services to riders and getting chance to interact with different people. Any one can make money with easy terms and conditions of Uber.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Health hazed due to driving all the time.
Uber
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Too many Uber drivers on the road, not enough surge pricing to make decent living. Income comes out to a little over minimum wage after expenses. Flexible schedule is the only attractive aspect.
odd timing job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 October 2017
Recommended to people that drive uber as a secondary income. Did not make enough money driving for uber as a full time job. Most enjoyable part of the job was making up my own hours for work.
Pros
own boss
Cons
low income
Able to set my own hours and be my own boss
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
A typical work day would involve logging in as a driver and locating my first client of the day.
I've learned to navigate the GTA area efficiently
The hardest part of the job is the traffic at times
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from all different walks of life
Pros
Gettting to meet different people
Cons
Waiting for new requests for clients
Fun place to work but it's called Uber international and it's a clothing company not partner drivers
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
Uber International was a great company to work for. People very friendly, everyone was as a big happy family.I have learned marketing skills as well as logistics that I did not possessed before. Long hours it was the hardest part and most enjoyable was people I worked with
Pros
every friday
Cons
sometimes very long hours even Saturdays
Great experience as a driver
UBER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region2 October 2017
Full time Uber driver experiences provide important insights into the way Uber, as the taxi, alternative , is providing genuine livable income ...I was especially interested in understanding how i organized my time. It seems that it takes a little practice but once I got familiar with how certain routes work, then I could start optimizing how I spent time.
Pros
Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, no commitments. This means if you don’t like it, or if you only want to do it sparingly, you can always have it to fall back on. Fun: You get to have good conversations with nice people.
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle: You’ll need more frequent oil changes and tire changes.
flexablity with hours
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
Pros
own boss
Cons
low pay
Great hours
driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 September 2017
Uber is good only because you can choose your hours. There are many drivers out there on the road now and it is harder to make the same money. I would reccomend Uber as an added income not a sole income.
Pros
Set a destination to drive to and pick up passengers on the way.
Faux espoir
Chauffeur Uber (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2017
Uber nous fait rêver en nous faisant croire que le salaire peut dépasser les 1000 $ par semaine. Ceci est totalement faux quand on inclus les frais lier à la voiture, essence, etc.
Pros
Flexibilité
Cons
Saliare
Good for part time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
This is not a job that you would be able to live off, but i worked Uber eats for almost 1 year and i enjoyed it. I enjoy driving which made this job worth it but the orders were almost never ready when I got to the locations.
Mathematically - wrong job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
When you add all the cost e.g. fuel, maintenance, tire plus high mileage on you car -- drivers makes only half of minimum hourly wage....Uber charge 30% to 35% as fee and add a boost of 10% on average, plus drivers end up buying Uber merchandise such as bags, etc. Check reviews on Youtube as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very less pay - neglible net pay
Fun, Enjoyable, Exciting
Driver, independent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
Would only work Fri/Sat evenings & nights, and Sunday afternoon for a total of 12-15 hours.

Lots of fun meeting new people and speaking of experiences, insights, business conversations, and even customer contacts.
Pros
Flexible Hours, fun customer interaction
i am hard worker and easy learning person i can adapt any shifts
OWNER OPERATOR 5 TON (FULL TIME) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2017
willing to be milestone of the company productive and well take care for customer and their property entertain my client to be well and happy, thanks for your question
Some passengers are ruining this job
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 August 2017
Most passengers are fine, but be prepared to deal with drunks vomiting in your car, eating and/or drinking in your car without asking permission, leaving garbage or spills in your back seat, etc.
The feedback system is almost completely useless, since passengers want to see you give them 5 stars or they won't do the same, most complaints you receive are completely bogus (I got a complaint for NOT speeding) or so vague you couldn't possibly know what you did wrong (Professionalism; how is that helpful feedback? Car Quality; I drive a luxury car and you're paying UberX rates!).
The support system is just as bad, copying and pasting stock responses to every problem and flagging the issue as resolved, when all they did was provide a link to their policy statement which has nothing to do with your problem.
Most of the job is fine, but the problems can be seriously frustrating.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No job security, passenger behaviour, rating system
Un bon travaille
Chauffeur uber (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2017
Une bonne expérience dans le service à la clientèle
Very flexible , great customer service experience .
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
Great company to work for if you are looking for a part time flexible job and if you have a vehicle that gets great gas mileage .
It also helps working mostly in the Toronto area , especially in the down town business core .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
More of a part time job
Workplace Culture
Part Time Uber Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Uber is like an open space workplace where you can work anytime, eat anytime and do other things anytime you want. You have the freedom to spend your time and earn at the same time.
Really a good thing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Uber is a great job. Flexible hours. One can work according to our own schedule. No boss. Customer dealing. Various languages. Different types of people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Own schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.