Uber

Uber Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productivity and fun in the workplace
Glass Collector (Former Employee), Blackpool, ENGJuly 1, 2014
At Uber I worked Friday and Saturday, during my time at Uber I had to glass collect, clean the glasses, made sure all the stations on the bar was filled with glasses and ice and making sure that as soon as the glasses were cleaned they went straight to the bar.
My co-workers were all easy to get alone with and they were a tight team and were always – more... on the same page, the hardest part of the job was at the end of the night when everyone left collecting all the glasses we missed and making sure the room is tidy – less
Metting new People
Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: making sure your in a good location for riders
wait to be contacted for clients, whats going on in the city, management is laid back. being in the right location for riders. meeting peiple from all walks of life
Mind-Numbing Work, poor managers, no work-life balance
Remote Community Success rep (Current Employee), RemoteJune 28, 2014
Pros: work from home job, pays more than most work from home jobs, no phone work
Cons: 12-hour shifts are way to common, poor managers, no work-life balance
I feel that as far as the remote customer service team goes, those in leadership positions are flying by the seat of their pants. Ask two managers the same thing and you are likely to get two different answers. No consistency with scheduling or flexibility. Your experience with scheduling will depend on your manager. Some want you to be available when – more... they say, regardless of your other obligations, while other managers have respect for work-life balance. In addition, there are way too many 12-hour shifts scheduled. This is unacceptable to me. 12-hour shifts should be reserved for those who volunteer and should be rewarded appropriately. If no-one steps up then figure something else out. Scheduling 12-hour shifts shows no regard to the employee.

For the remote customer service position, we were trained for two weeks, which is sufficient. However, after that you are pretty much left to the wolves. They say you are free to ask questions, but everyone is literally ghost once you end training. They have a chat system that is for the birds! During training it seems great. However, you will ask a question once you are on "the floor" and will get crickets. You will ping a manager for help and get crickets! Then when you look up, the manager has logged out of the chat system. Really?!! So then your only resort is to email a manager and their response is that email is not a good way to get help. How the heck am I supposed to get help when a manager is not around to chat or they ignore my chats?? I understand that not all managers are available 24-7 but the ones that are need to respond. And I shouldn't be chastised for seeking other resources. I'm not sure what I expected, the team leads (most of them, not all) seem rather robotic and boring. Seems like they may not like their jobs, this would explain no one going out of their way to help.

If you've been working low-paying jobs then you may put up with these issues, but this is really only a decent salary and I've made more than double what they in a previous career. But I can see how this might seem fantastic to those who have only made a minimum wage salary. My suggestion is to do Uber if you need to, but move on to greener pastures when it's time. – less
Working for Uber is Slave Labor -- Don't Believe the Hype!
Driver (Former Employee), DetroitMay 1, 2014
Cons: see review
Uber's advertisements to make "$25/hour in bookings" as a driver are a bald face lie. Remember "in bookings" means that you must immediately subtract 20% from "$25" because Uber takes that amount from each fare. In the final analysis, please keep reading to find out why you will make LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE if you become and Uber "partner". Notice how – more... they don't use the word "driver"? Their legal department came up with this euphemism so that when you smash into a pedestrian while driving they can argue in court that you aren't actually an employee!

(1) Be prepared to put 60,000 miles/year on your car if you do this full-time. How much will you need to make to compensate for that vehicle depreciation? How much will this wear and tear cost you in maintenance? Please run the numbers.

(2) Be prepared to pay for the iPhone they provide you -- they are currently charging $40.00/month for a "data plan" which is really a disguised way of stealing more of your %. Even if you do not turn on this iPhone at all during a month, you will pay! Brilliant, now they are incentivized to pass out as many of these iPhone as possible -- eventually they can start their own cellphone company with the revenues! Oh, and you will also have to pay for your own smartphone in order to communicate with riders since the Uber iPhone is only an interface to receive calls for rides! No, you can't download their app on your phone!!! That would allow hundreds of thousands of dollars to slip out of Uber's fingers! "YOU MUST USE OUR IPHONE!!!!!"

(3) You will have to juggle around 2 phones in your car in addition to playing around with your GPS (required). These are accidents waiting to happen! Many states already have laws in place to prevent people from playing with technology while driving. Uber forces you to do this by the nature of the work!

(4) Does your insurance company know that you are operating as a taxi service? You could find yourself in serious trouble in the event you are involved in an accident.

(5) The police can stop and ticket you for operating a livery service without a license at any time. Driving for Uber is illegal and it won't be too long before it is outlawed altogether. Uber is hoping to do their IPO before that happens but we should do our part to make sure it never happens. Boycott Uber!

(6) You will make about $6/hour on average after excluding vehicle depreciation, fuel costs, cell phone costs, income tax, etc. Don't believe me? Then go be a driver and find out for yourself. You will be so sick of sitting around in your car for hours that you'll start screaming. Been there, done that.

(7) The "surge pricing" is a farce designed to call drivers to certain areas with the hope that drivers will make 2x or 3x the normal fare. Don't believe it. You many also win the lottery! I drove to the middle of surge pricing areas several times thinking I would instantly be called instantly but ended up sitting for over an hour in my car and received exactly ZERO calls while this supposed "surge pricing" was indicated. It is a lie. There is no "surge" demand, and customers should be aware that their money is literally being stolen.

(8) What company discourages service industry tips? Answer: UBER! What company in the service industry steals your tips? Answer: UBER! They say tip is included in the fare and then take 20% of your fare!

(9) Do you like driving around at night putting your personal safety in jeopardy at the worst times to be out on the road? That is what Uber wants you to do. Be online until 4am in the morning while the drunks and cops and prowling around. Never mind the chance that you might get car jacked!

Don't believe the hype!!! These so-called "ride-share" companies are slave-wage exploiters foisting all of their cost and liability onto unsuspecting drivers who believe they have finally discovered freedom! How fitting that the opposite is actually true. Uber's advertised "$25/hour in bookings for drivers" is such a farce it forced me to write this review. Their entire business model is based on slave wages and danger transfer to "drivers", and they are in fact operating illegally. Uber and other companies like it are on the precipice of bankruptcy -- all it will take is law enforcement to start ticketing and stopping drivers or a few more high profile accidents and these companies are toast. Don't be seduced by their lies. Citizens: Do not patronize them with your hard earned money and do not put your personal safety in jeopardy! – less
Uber is the best
Limousine Driver (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYApril 18, 2014
Mostly I work Friday, Saturday from 3.00pm to 1.00 am this hour is very busy. friendly management, latest technology, no paper work very good system I like it. But frequently cancelation is painful jersey to jersey fare is low. Most enjoyable part is right way passenger no waiting and direct communication with client.
PERFECT COMPANY TO WORK WITH
Limo Driver (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2014
NICE COMPANY I ONLY WORK 8 HOURS AND I MAKE MY DAY, WE HAVE A LOT OF CO WORKERS BUT WE NEVER SEE EACH OTHER, THE HARDEST PART IS THE TRAFFIC IN MANHATTAN IN THE RUSH HOUR, AND THE EASIEST IS TO BE NEAR TO YOUR CLIENT.
Not so great
Driver (Personal Contractor) (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: choose own work schedule & meet a lot of interesting people.
Cons: company constantly drops prices without notifying drivers.
Days are very slow. Most nights also. Weekends are decent & only busy during holidays or big events. Company is constantly changing prices without notifying drivers so it causes a lot of confusion and low employee morale. For customers Uber is great but the drivers get the short end of the stick.
good experience
Limo Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: presure
it was not that bad job.
i did not like the job policy.
if you do not own the car that means you are wasting your time.
some of ppl like this job.
i did not honstly
Great Company
driver (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Good company to work for. Great technical support, responsible management and great pay...
Fun place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Great group of people with intelligent bosses who are very encouraging and communicate well
...
Driver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day at work is fun if you don't mind driving in traffic. Fun and interesting, always meeting new people. The hardest part of the work is the long hours you have to put in driving to make good money
Uber
WELL CONDUCTED
AT THE END OF THE DAY
WHEN YOU GO HOME AND BELIEVING I DID A GREAT JOB

About Uber

Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, – Read more