Uber

Uber Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
meet great people but.......
driver (Current Employee), nashvilleNovember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay not beneficial unless its a holiday event
I've meet some interesting people. I have some comical stories for days!!
If you live close to the city you can make descent earnings. Watch out for changes in fares especially during surge. Take photos of all fares. They messed me up during Halloween.
Well Paying
Uber Driver (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: random people in your car
It was great pay but not the job for me. I wasn't a big fan of having strangers in my car, also I recently had to sell my car so I'm currently looking for a new one.
Exciting and rewarding!
Personal Driver (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 12, 2014
Working for Uber has been and continues to be a great experience for me. I have the opportunity to meet new people and help them explore the city! I have the chance to be an Ambassador for Grand Rapids when I pick someone up who has ner been here before. I have the flexibility to make my own schedule and work wherever I want in the city.
Great money; terrible management!
Partner/Driver (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits
Cons: bureaucratic policies; abusive nepotism and favortism
The money and benefits from Magna were excellent; the management team treated workers very poorly. High seniority workers were targeted by management for disciplinary actions much more readily and harshly than new hires.
UBER sucks
Driver (Former Employee), PhoenixNovember 12, 2014
Give them one star but they are no more than 0
Dont drive for them they are not even legal and no training, no drug test, no communication , you make less then $10 per h with your own car they lie you will make $25 + ,dont do it ...
Fun Place ti
Driver (Current Employee), Durham,NCNovember 11, 2014
I can set my own hours. Met and greet different people! Being my own boss.
UBER/FURNITURE COMPANY
INDEPENDANT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: set my own time to work i enjoy what i do so i work alot
Cons: can't think ofany
I OWN A SMALL FURNITURE COMPANY STARTED IT 5YR AGO WITH ONE SOFA AND ONE LOVE SEAT FROM BIG LOTS AND HAVE GROWN EVER SINCE UP TO 7500 SQUARE FOOT SHOWROOM JUST TO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE PLUS I DRIVE AS A CONTRACTOR FOR UBER. DRIVING IS SOMETHING I'VE ENJOYED MY WHOLE LIFE THAT SOUNDS ODD TO SOME BUT IT WORKS FOR ME. SOMETHING ABOUT MIXING IT UP WITH – more... THE PUBLIC AND ALL THE CULTURES IT'S REWARDING – less
Ridiculous Waste Of Time!!!
Driver (Current Employee), Charleston SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: work as much as you want
Cons: have to work insane amount of hours to make $35k a year....
Drove for Uber out of curiosity and the pipe dreams of making $25 an hour to drive a cab.... Not true.... MAYBE on VERY busy nights the company will GROSS $25 an hour off you but in my opinion that doesn't count as me MAKING $25 an hour.... Of that you are left with 80%... Then subtract about 15% for gas with all the empty miles.... And wear and tear – more... on your car!!!

So I've taken my net after uberS cut, subtracted my gas based on total miles driven on shift and average MPG, and I have figured I am making about $9-$10 an hour. Not bad right? WRONG.... That's only after gas.... That doesn't consider the wear and tear on your own vehicle!! Depreciation! Oil changes, which you will need about once a month! Tires, don't get a flat tire or your wage will drop to about $.50 cents an hour for the rest of the night!.... If you have a car payment then you'll really be poor!.... To make $1,000 a week with them means you will have to work 70-100 hours that week! And put about 1,500 miles on your car with no flat tires!

Don't believe me? Just do the simple matter of fact math. Here in Charleston SC they charge $1.75 a mile.... They take 20%... So we get $1.40 a mile.... I've figured out that most of the time you have 50% of your miles driving empty to pick up the next fare. But let's underestimate and say only 40% of miles are driven empty (if you get really lucky)... So that means out of total miles driven you are grossing, before any maintenance or gas, $.84 cents every mile you drive. I figure with gas at $3.20 per gallon and my car averaging in the city 19 mpg that I spend .17 cents on gas every mile. So after gas you are bringing home .67 cents per mile BEFORE INSURANCE, MAINTENANCE, OIL CHANGES MONTHLY, CAR PAYMENT, WATER FOR CUSTOMERS, $40 a month for Uber phone etc..... But any who lets stick with the gross .67 cents a mile to keep this positive!.... In order to make their proclaimed $20/hr you would have to drive 30 miles per hour every hour worked (.67X30=roughly $20).... That's assuming there's non stop fares in your car which there aren't for an entire hour and you do 30MPH the whole time without stopping(. ; ) impossible) .... Plus a lot of the times you drive 5 miles to take someone 2 blocks for $5 and then the per mileage compensation gets really ugly!! I'm talking about 7 total miles driven for $5.... After uber cut $4... Say $1 in gas... $3 for 7 miles??

But let's pretend that uber is absolutely perfect and you always can get this magical .67 cents net after gas per mile! They claim uber drivers are making $1,000 per week? That would require at the very minimum driving 1,500 miles that week..... Or about 70 hours worth! So with 2 weeks vacation working 70 hours per week 50 weeks a year...you could theoretically make $50,000... After driving your car 75,000 miles.... Insurance is $1800 a year so $48,200... 2 sets of tires in that time not counting any flats which you will get a lot in that time trust me so call it 3 sets of tires at $600 each is $1800... $46,400... Roughly $750 in oil changes $45,650... About another $800 in brake jobs.... $44,750.... All the other BS maintenance that's going to happen within 75,000 miles call it miscellaneous $1,000(very generous) $43,750...uber phone $40/month is $480 so $43,270... Now most cars might last 150,000 miles before serious maintenance takes over....let's take uberS side again and say it lasts 175,000 miles .... Anything over 175,000 is gunna be raggedy and will get you bad reviews and deactivated so you won't have a job anyways.... So let's say you buy a car for uber(or use your own) depreciation still holds true.... Say you get/or have a nice used one with 25,000 miles on it (has to be 5 years old or newer to work with them) for $15,000? So you'll get to drive it for 2 years with these kinds of miles.... So deprecates roughly $7,500 per year..... Now your wage is down to an average of $35,770 per year after the price of the vehicle depreciated over 2 years.... 70 hrs per week X 50 weeks is
3,500 hours worked per year.... $35,770/3,500= $10.22 an hour to work 70 hours per week with 0 perks for overtime. $10.22 an hour to deal with wasted people who act like they own you and you have to suck up to them the whole time out of fear of a bad rating!! Remember this is $10.22 an hour based on the best possible circumstances of only 40% empty miles!!.... It's almost always 50% as you have to drive all the way back to where you started in most cases to get another fare.... OR WORSE... Drive 7 miles to make $4.... 70 hours a week and dealing with hammered hipsters for $9-$10 an hour that get to rate you after every trip and could cost you your job..... Oh ya if anything major goes out on your car maintenance wise in those 150,000 miles ( which it will...).... And which I did not include in my very generous maintenance estimates... Well then you can kiss that $10.22 goodbye! Also to make anywhere close to this $1,000 a week we are talking about 70 HOURS sitting in your car driving...

. Do you know what the health effects of sitting for this insane amount of hours per week would be?? Do you have health insurance with uber for that 10.22 an hour and insane amount of dedication that could be detrimental to your health, Nope, your not an employee your just a partner! – less
Flexible schedule and meeting interesting people while helping them.
Driver (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 17, 2014
Feeling a great sense of entrepreneurship while having a flexible schedule is always motivating as well as driving, helping and meeting all sorts of great people in the process.
Work hard and you will benefit.
Chauffeur Driver (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 30, 2014
Flexible hours, you make it what you want it to be.

Email them with any questions or issues, they will get back to you in 24 hours.
Quick challenging but rewarding
Administration Assistant/ Team Leader (Temporary) (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 24, 2014
Hard work is very much recognised. Great teams to work with.
DO NOT WORK with Uber. Uber is a SCAM
UberX Current driver (Current Employee), Washington DCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: too many cons. can't write all of them here
If you are looking for a job, please look somewhere else. Uber isn't a good company to work with. First of all, Uber doesn't communicate properly with the drivers. Uber drops the prices constantly without even telling the drivers. For instance, when I started, going from Silver Spring to Dulles Airport was $66. Last time I did the same thing and it – more... was only $56. From the $56, Uber takes 20%. Do the math and see how much you have left. The drivers are on the road doing the most difficult part of the job but get nothing at the end. Uber also takes some fees (Uber rider's fee..etc) from your paycheck. I don't know the purpose of these fees. You pay $100 to get the phone but Uber advertises like they give you the phone for free. NO, you don't get the phone for free. You have to pay $100 for it. In addition to Uber fees, you put gas in your car, pay the insurance and car note. It means to make a little bit of money with Uber you have to drive for very long periods of time. My health is more important than driving drunk people around.

Second, Uber's rating system is terrible. As drivers, we can't see what the riders write about us. How will you improve if you don't even know what is written about yourself?
Because of the rating system, customers or riders are extremely demanding behaving like they own your life. I remember myself carrying luggage, groceries, strollers...etc of customers and taking the stairs with them but at the end you don't get any good review. Many times I had more than 5 people in my car and playing music very loud because that's what the riders wanted but at the end, still no good review. Many times riders forgot their cell phone in my car and had to return their belonging later or many days later but at the end still no good review. However, if you make a tiny mistake, you are finished. They immediately write a negative review. I often get people that are drunk and don't even know what they are doing anymore but later on they write bad reviews about you while you helped them a lot. So much pressure and abuse for what? To get how much money? Please do not waste your time working with Uber.
Still about the rating system, Uber wants drivers to maintain a 4.6 out of 5 rating. Otherwise, your account can be deactivated. I believe it is too demanding. 4.6 is very unrealistic.

I don't want to be too long. In conclusion, driving for Uber is similar to a$7 or $8 job/hour or even less. In addition, it is risky since the more driving you do, the more you get exposed to accidents. Uber is a pretty dishonest company and lacks transparency. Uber's prices are too low and the drivers do most of the job but don't get anything. The rating system is terrible. Customers are ungrateful. Do not waste your time working for a company that doesn't even communicate with you while you are making money for them. Do not use your nice car for this.

This review is from a current driver that drives at least 10 hours everyday. I am quitting Uber and will never do it again. – less
Just make enough for gas, taxes, not for tearing up your car.
ex-driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: you learn how to get around your city
Cons: there is no way to make money with their low fares.
When they come to a city they subsidize the drivers pay and the driver can make some money. But after some time they lower the fare, so you end up making less than minimum wage using your car, Is not worth anymore
Very flexible schedule and hours, but no benefits or advancement.
Driver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: can work whenever you want and for however long you want.
Cons: no pay raises or advancement. and lots of expenses and wear and tear on your vehicle.
The job seems to pay less the longer you work there, as it has been over saturated with other drivers. A much better part time job, due to a lot of expenses. Not a good long term job at all. There is lots of driving through heavy traffic.
In Chicago, Uber is a scam
driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Cons: you loose all the way
Uber scam (all locations)
compensation: You earn to pay for gas.

People looking for work , Please do not out of desperation become a Uber Driver. Research the internet. All complaints that Uber drivers share on the internet about Uber is totally true. Lesson learned the hard way. They do not have respect for drivers. They take only rating from clients – more... and can deactivate your account at anytime. Meanwhile, they make money off you while you pay for their app, pay for your gas and incur wear and tear on your car. They will never communicate with you as a driver. So beware.
Remember all those crazy drunk folks at night?
Yes, They listen to these folks saying you are no good although you gave them the best ride quality. DO NOT JOIN UBER. They lie about the 4000 monthly fares. You will never earn that much
They will use you and spit you out. Its totally not worth it for drivers, but if you want to be a client, you can enjoy the app. As a driver, your account will be terminated for no reason after they have charged you enough for their app and have used you to expand their company.
BEWARE OF UBER
Just thought I would help out folks out there and warn them. – less
self employed under uber
Personal Driver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule, control over personal time
Cons: horriable pay, careless partner/ management team
i make my own schedule. i drive around and meet new people and hold some interesting conversations while getting to know Los Angeles better.
Worst place to work at
Driver (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: i can't see any now knowing how they operate.
Cons: everything you can think of
Guys, DO NOT waste your time to be a driver for this company! This job is for someone who is desperate to make ends meet. Even so, you got to work crazy hours to even make any money. You have to be willing to take customer abuse to you and your car to do this.
Read the reviews here, everything they said are TURE, especially the management, if there – more... is any! I drove for them only three days from only fours a day, drove several customers to the airport. made barely over $100. You do the math.
Lyft is better, but as they grow, you will encounter the same problems. Because they are trying to cut drivers rate to weed out one and other.
On the bright note, use them as only riders, give you great benefit. That's what I'm going to do now. – less
anytime hours, driving members to there destinations. learning of streets of boston and surrounding areas
Driver (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: no bathrooms available have to locate with available parking
I enjoy driving, I am still in the learning process for the company. I am getting used to the streets and highways of the Boston Ma area.
I am originally from Boston, things have change so much I have to learn again. I do enjoy it for the most part. It has it's flaws just like every business.
Difficult Daily Grind, Lots of Hours Required to make any money
Driver (Current Employee), San DiegoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: fares getting lowered, drivers making less
Difficult Daily Grind, Lots of Hours Required to make any money, tons of miles on car and lots of money spent on gas. Income is deceiving because no taxes or benefits are taken from paychecks.
Uber is a great company!
Driver and Partner (Current Employee), Morrison, COAugust 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and getting them to their destination safley.
Cons: wear and tear on my car.
Driving for Uber has made my life so much better and allows me to help people get around safely.

Meeting new people is the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is wear and tear on my car.

About Uber

Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, – Read more