Established Logistics Company which provides home furniture delivery is currently seeking a Full time Dispatcher for our BC Operation
Reporting to the Operations Manager:
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Generating and maintaining a master list of all routes and trips
- Maintaining current, organized files on each route; ensuring that all files include information needed to describe the route, contract details, program details,
- Assisting Drivers with routing directions and communicating special service requirements
- Assigning activities and special trips to Drivers pursuant to established policies and procedures
- Notifying the Customer of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, break-downs, or any other event disrupting service
- Maintaining route compliance to tenants of contract
- Assigning Cover Driver to routes when regular Driver is absent
- Coordinating emergency response network when necessary
- Submitting required reports and paperwork to Operations Supervisor in a timely manner
- Encouraging compliance with company policies and procedures; discussing any breach of policy or procedure noted with Operations Supervisor
- Exercising discretionary judgment as necessary to ensure that routes and trips are performed safely and on-time
- Maintaining the highest level of ethical behavior with our customers, fellow employees, and the communities we serve
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Commitment to provide superior customer service – all of the time
- Knowledge of the transport industry, experience as asset
- Excellent computer skills – include Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to take own initiative on projects
- Team Player – has respect for self and co-workers
- Must have Positive Attitude and Leadership Skills
- Knowledge of Safety Rules
- Knowledge of Vancouver and Surrounding areas
- Ability to Learn Quickly, Multi-Task and Work Under Pressure
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exhibit a strong desire to learn new technology.
- Shift work including evenings and weekends, dependent on customer business requirements.
This is an excellent, full time, long term position with a well known company. This is a 7/24 operation and you must be available to work full time hours on an ongoing basis.
The pay is very competitive plus health benefits after 90 days.
This is an immediate opening so if you meet the qualifications and are interested, please reply to this posting with your resume in MS Word document format.
We appreciate and thank all applicants, however we will only contact those qualified for the position for an interview.