UView Ultraviolet Systems Inc, headquartered in Mississauga, Canada is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of innovative and functional products to the automotive repair industry. We are looking for self motivated, hands on Production Associate- mixing, chemical and blending to join our Operations team. If you love to work in an environment that is fast paced and challenging then contact us immediately. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor / Leader.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Mix chemicals or add ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Read work orders to determine production specifications or information
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements
- Start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Drains ingredients into storage tanks, buckets or drums
- Clean, repair and maintain equipment - Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment
- Transfer materials, supplies, or products between work areas, using moving equipment or hand tools.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required
- Turn off and lockout equipment when not in use
- Practice lean production methodologies in order to standardize and improve processes
- Minimum of two years of work experience in similar role
- Degree/ Diploma in Chemical Engineering from a certified institution
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and costs
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work as part of a team
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to be cross trained and move to other areas when needed
- Must possess time management skills and be able to meet targets
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, responsible and dependable.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and be open to change
Work Environment: Fast paced filling operation. Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to exposure to oils, dyes and caustic/acidic chemicals. There would be some contact with forklifts and hence must practice safe work habits.
Physical Effort: Work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for long hours and odd shifts, significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, and bending, ability to lift up to a maximum of 10 to 20 kgs.
Please submit your resume and wage expectation via e-mail
Thank you for your interest, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are a Global Designer/Manufacturer of Specialty Tools, Equipment and Chemicals to the automotive aftermarket repair industry.