UView Ultraviolet Systems Inc, headquartered in Mississauga, Canada is a Global Designer/Manufacturer of Specialty Tools, Equipment and Chemicals to the automotive aftermarket repair industry. More information about UView can be found at the following websites: www.uview.com, www.motorvac.com, www.terraclean.com
We are looking for a strong intermediate/senior Network/ Systems Administrator to support our busy manufacturing/sales environment. Supporting all company departments, the Network Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day functionality of all computing & network devices as well as systems development, customization and planning. Our ideal candidate must be positive, out going, a “jack of all trades, capable and enthusiastic about learning on demand.
Main responsibilities include:
- Network, PC, laptop & server management & maintenance.
o Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting for all Windows & Mac computers, Windows servers and FreeBSD based firewall & spam filter.
o Provide after-hours monitoring of critical systems and processes, intervening to correct issues when necessary to ensure all scheduled data processing is completed before the next morning.
o Provide after-hours technical support to mobile employees, typically with sales & executive employees having network & VPN connectivity issues while travelling.
o Provide periodic after-hours maintenance for servers to ensure optimal performance and security, including installation of updates, virus scans, performance metrics and system cleaning.
- Support & application/process training.
o Provide technical support for all hardware and software, including Microsoft Office, IndustriOS (ERP), Platinum (Accounting), Bartender (Label Printing) and custom developed applications.
o Provide one-on-one and group user training for all software packages, for new employees and as part of a continuing education for current employees.
- Support day-to-day IT activities.
o Monitor paper and ink/toner levels in photocopiers & printers, place orders for supplies as necessary.
o Monitor daily backup systems and ensure all servers and workstations are backed up in a timely manner without errors.
o Monitor ERP system scheduled processes and ensure all processes run on-time, completing successfully prior to the start of the next day.
o Review daily EDI transactions and ensure there are no orders or invoices “stuck” or lost within our 3rd party VAN’s.
- System development.
o Maintain and improve existing custom applications using ASP.NET, VB.NET, VBA and PHP. These systems include:
ASP.NET based return goods authorization (RGA) system.
VB.NET based RGA inventory reconciliation application.
VB.NET based RGA data update application.
VBA based data update and analysis utilities.
WSH based system cleanup and processing scripts.
PHP based websites.
o Maintain and update existing as well as developing new EDI maps using SoftShare Delta.
- Data mining & reporting.
o Modify existing reports and build new reports for the ERP, accounting and custom web-based return management systems.
o Update existing and build new utilities for analyzing data, such as BOM view worksheets and pricing matrix update spreadsheets.
o Investigate existing manual processes and develop utilities and reports to reduce or eliminate these processes.
- Network/systems availability & disaster recovery management.
o Monitor network and server performance and system logs to proactively react to issues before they become critical.
o Provide frequent backup system testing, ensuring backups are valid and all data is recoverable.
o Monitor website performance and availability from our webhosting provider.
o Regularly monitor internet and telephone line performance and quality, taking appropriate actions with vendors to ensure optimal performance.
o Perform periodic reviews of the disaster plan and provide updates and additions as necessary, ensuring all critical systems have measures in place to reduce downtime to a minimum.
- Service agreement, contract reviews, purchasing & rate negotiation.
o Review all service contracts 3-6 months before contract termination, gathering quotes and options for the current & new service providers before the contract expires or auto-renews.
o Periodically contact all service provider reps and inquire about current rates and promotions. Attempt to lower costs by negotiating services while in the current contract.
o Review pricing and purchase day-to-day supplies from the best-cost vendors.
- Research and formally present rationale & pricing for high-cost items (such as copiers, label printing systems, network upgrades, etc) to management team for consideration.
- Minimum 4 years of related technical experience is required.
- Diploma/degree in Information Technology. IT Certifications are desirable but are not a requirement for this role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Strong in a wide breadth of technical concepts
- Self-starter and able to work independently while still being part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to identify tasks need to be done and take the initiative to take action
- Must have the knowledge of Windows XP/7 PRO, Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft IIS, Exchange 2010/2013, Office 2003 and up, Crystal Reports 8 & 11, Pervasive & Microsoft SQL and Microsoft .NET (VB & ASP), VBA, PHP, VMWare
- Networking experience, including Network troubleshooting, design & maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Network hardware (switches, network cabling, wireless routers)
- Experience in PC/Server hardware configuration & troubleshooting (including Dell PowerEdge equipment)
It will be an ASSET if the candidate is familiar with the following:
- Electronic Document Interchange (EDI) mapping (SoftShare Delta preferred)
- Understanding of Linux operating systems (FreeBSD preferred)
- Understanding of VPN’s (OpenVPN preferred), Sales Logix and EMC Retrospect
- Familiar with ActiveSync, BlackBerry BES and other handheld data devices.
The Company provides a competitive salary.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations via e-mail. Thank you for your interest, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.