UTS is a leading supplier of engineering services for the power utility and telecommunications industries. Projects range from simple cable placing plans, manhole rebuilds & structures design to pole line engineering and certification for ESA 22/04 compliance.
We have the following position available in our Fergus office.
Reporting to the CAD Supervisor, CAD technicians are responsible for the production of CAD drawings for underground telecommunications infrastructure and cable placing projects.
- Prepare detailed design drawings for above and below ground utility projects.
- Compile quantity take-offs for labour and materials.
- Interface with survey crews and project managers to meet client specifications and deadlines.
- Adhere to client and company standards.
- Graduate of a recognized civil or architectural program or combination of education and experience.
- OACETT member or eligibility for membership is an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD in a civil/municipal based environment.
- Experience drafting base plans from manual and electronic surveys.
- Understanding of underground municipal standards, services and utilities.
- Must be prepared to work in a fast paced engineering environment.
- Telecommunications engineering and design experience is an asset.
- Understanding of Subsurface Utility Engineering is an asset.
Job Status: Regular Full time
Location: Fergus, Ontario
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.