Job Title: Mechanical Assembler
Company: UT Quality – A RAE Energy Company (www.utquality.com)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reports to: Martin Hamm
Travel requirements: Minimal
Start Date: Position open
RAE Energy is a global Energy Services Company headquartered in London, England with offices in countries worldwide. A privately owned company, RAE Energy has an aggressive but realistic plan designed to grow revenues significantly by 2015. This objective will be reached through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
UT Quality, a RAE Energy company, is a global pipeline inspection company that provides Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) services to multiple industries. UT Technology operates as the Research and Development branch of UT Quality. Our mandate is the design and manufacture of NDT equipment for pipeline inspection, with a specialized focus on Automated Ultrasonic Testing (AUT).
Description of the position
The Mechanical Assembler will be responsible for the assembly of Ultrasonic Inspection components and systems. The successful candidate will be required to clean, repair and build components of our NDT systems and equipment. The work is based in our workshop and warehouse in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Mechanical assembly of Ultrasonic Inspection and other NDT equipment and systems
- Quality Control (QC) testing of small to medium finished assemblies
- Adherence to proper receiving procedure for the receiving and quality control of incoming parts
- Maintain a clean, organized environment in the mechanical workshop and warehouse
- Establish priorities for field part orders and sort tasks accordingly
- Forklift usage for warehouse management
- Adherence to safety codes regarding power tool handling, fume hood, safety mask, safety goggles, etc.
- A safety focus/orientation will be required
Desired Skills and Experience:
Education and experience
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in a mechanical trade would be considered an asset
Behavioural / Professional Skills
- Mechanically inclined using small parts and tools
- Basic knowledge of fasteners
- Experience with measuring and recording calipers
- Knowledge of and confidence with proper hand and power tool functions
- Organized and self sufficient
- Basic knowledge of forklift operation (ticketed candidates preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Follows direction, strong written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Valid Driver’s license required
UT Quality is an equal opportunity employer and consideration will be given to all qualified candidates.