US Foodservice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent work place
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bridgeport, NJApril 14, 2016
Good place to work . This company is now USFS I know nothing about this company except they were my competitors and I did my best to beat them and I did
Sr. Transportation Clerk (Former Employee), Paducah, KYApril 12, 2016
Pros: Ice Cream
Cons: None
Everyone took care of each other. We all stepped up and lent a hand, or an ear, or whatever we could do to get the job done satisfactorily.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2016
Us Foods was a high energy level work place so i learned to balance my off duty time to insure i was well rested to complete the task at hand.
Good company
IT PURCHASING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: IT purchasing experience
Cons: Moved purchasing to Phoenix, AZ
The company is no longer in the Greenville area. Learned a lot about the Foodservice business. Purchasing department was given a 30 day notice that the department was relocating to Phoenix, AZ.
Company structure
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), La Mirada, CANovember 23, 2015
The company structure was mediocre at best. The territory management was not very supportive to analyze and resolve issues at hand. Most of the solutions were the salespersons analytical ability and keep the customer buying. Not very much support from the back end.
Solid Company
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Great Culture
Cons: Leadership
This was a great Company, but leadership was playing games with booking income. In 2001 they were sued for Puffing the numbers. It would have been great if they stayed the course.
I enjoyed how much I learned about all the differents aspects of this business.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Great company that I enjoyed almost everything about.
Cons: This company fell viction to the depression that took place in '08.
A typical day was 9-12 hours of work. depending on the department I was a part of at the time, I would do a number of different tasks. From the beginning position to the position I was in when I left, I worked almost every part of the Operations side of the business. I moved to Sales once mastering all that I could in Operations. This is when it became obvious to me that Sales was a good fit for me and I found great success in it as well. Among other, smaller awards, I won the Business Excellence Award the final two years I was in Sales.
I learned almost all there is to know about the Operations side of a distribution company. I also learned a lot in Sales. From the incoming of product to the delivery of product to the customers door, there is not a lot about that business I did not understand. In Sales, I learned so much about customer interaction, scheduling, the dynamics of a sales call and product knowledge required to be successful.
I was also a part of a Safety Committee who spent a portion of their time focused on making a safe work environment for all. We met once a month where we evaluated accidents and future safety hazards. We also developed programs and events to promote safety. My crew that I worked with went two years without an accident.
My co-workers were a very hard working bunch of people which inspired a culture that was hard working and honest about goals. To this day, I still miss a great portion of the people I worked with there.
The hardest part of this job was when the economy changed in '08 and the company began the lay-off process. This company – more... began with benefit cuts and then moved to retiring their longest tenured employees. I ended up being one of them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the company I worked for had always taken good care of me and my family and made it much easier to push myself to the next level to be the best I could be. – less
All employees aren't treated equally.
Delivery Driver/Trainer (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 20, 2015
Upon arriving to work at your scheduled dispatch time be prepared to wait upwards of 3 hours for your day to begin. If you aren't one of managements favorite 5-10 drivers then you better do everything by the book because you will not be treated the same and they will write you up for violation of company policy.
Every day is the same day
Transportation/Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Raleigh, ncNovember 10, 2015
The position is hold is repetious and I would like something that is diverse. The company as a whole is a good company to work for.
What I've learned
Selector/Fork-Lift Operator (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCNovember 4, 2015
I've learned many job duties here along with multi-tasking. I was able to select orders without damaging the product in a timely manner.
Good Company
Route Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
Good company to work for but my only issue was there was no upward mobility or career advancement, and im at the point where management is where I would like to be
hard work paid off, fast work place
Order Selector (Former Employee), boca raton , FLOctober 12, 2015
Pros: great money, great co workers, love used the equipment
Cons: very long hours, bad managment
typical day started as getting dressed with freezer wear and pre pair to work in negative degree environment. proceed to grab electric pallet jack, load up RF UNIT and on the way to start first order, location of slot where product was stationed, load on pallet jack requested amount of products for food distribution. based upon how hard i worked the more cases i pulled the more the money, at times was requested to use cheery picker on selected nights if shortage of personal was also requested to use forklift. Had training in all machinery and certifications. Enjoyed the team work, love the physical aspect of the job. loved the cold environment, did not agree with some of the management ways of organization. But was a team player and did my job
position was exciting
Sales (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2015
learned computer skills, managing of personnel as well as bid knowledge. built close relationships with several major universities.
no security in job position
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCOctober 6, 2015
Changing culture. Black and white procedures. Weak management.
weak compensation and bonus increases. Great employees.Great benefits.
long day at work
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
I have no comment to this situation which means over worked and under paid, long day at work Thank you I need to find a job that meets my needs
Working here was a lot of job opportunties.
SANITATION, CHECK-IN-CLERK, CHECKER (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, bonuses
Cons: hours
Cleaned restrooms, offices, hallways, stairs. The hardest part about this job the long drive to and from work. I enjoyed working with my co workers. Management was ok.
Great people to work with
Sr. Ops Admin (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Management willing to listen to suggestions
Cons: Can overwork hard workers
They keep up with the current events, constantly looking to improve their Logistics Supply Chain.
High potential for overtime.
Good crew and good pay
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Good environment and pay
Cons: Some shift work
A very team oriented environment with experienced and driven staff. The work can get physically draining sometimes but a good and fair crew makes things easier. Top notch forklifts, computers and other tools.
always busy
Utility worker (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOSeptember 4, 2015
there is was always something to do. i would open product for the cutters, run a vac machine, and fill orders. your coworkers are friendly and fun to work with.
Good company Treatment on EE's is fair and reasonable
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Company departments interact and meals are prepared for warehouse staff
Cons: swing shift
No complaints with this company the treatment and expectations for the employee's is not out of being achieved which helps keep morale in a positive perspective.