US Foodservice

US Foodservice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Foodservice Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: People
I worked in the Ethics and Compliance Department. I enjoyed the group of people I worked with on a daily basis. I left the company to go back to my old position.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Garland, TXJuly 14, 2015
Not a very family friendly company. They expect you to work 14 + hour days. Communication needs to improve. Very high turn over rate.
Enjoyed working here
Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
This company taught me great time management skills. I drove for them while selling products and handling customer service. I appreciate the time I spent with them.
It looks good.
warehouseman/ day receiver/ forklift operator (Former Employee), NW 37th and 122nd street, Oklahoma City, OklahomaJune 23, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k, and pension
Cons: poor managers, not enough manpower, punishment for using sick time
We started work at 5:00am and finished around 3-4:00pm! We worked at a fast pace which made our center one of the top leaders in production (manpower verses product handling). We stocked product for nighttime warehouse selectors. We stored all inbound freight into warehouse racking using laser scanners for location. We swept and picked up trash over large warehouse areas. The quotas were set at a very high rate which created unsafe working conditions. The management was always concerned with the bottom dollar and disciplinary action whenever someone got injured or something got damaged or inventory was inaccurate. Management always expected quality to maintain at high levels even though they constantly cut manpower and pay! There was not a very good incentive system in place! The bonus system was based on safety but any accident of any kind between the transportation department or warehouse department severely crippled any bonus for each individual employee. The management team did not have people skills and treated employees as a number and much less as a person. They weren't interested in ideas or solutions to problems until the almighty bottom dollar went belly up! This could have been prevented if only more time, care, and money was invested in the employee! It was no surprise to we, the employees, that our center cut its own throat and closed its doors for good in 2014. Companies should be concerned about their bottom dollar but if they really care about it there should always be a strong commitment to the company's first customer and that is its own employees! Otherwise, quality, production, and business go down the drain! Most co-workers were great to work with! The hardest part of the job was putting up with bad managers who were disrespectful to all of us! The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships developed with employees in all the different departments!
Good Company
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJune 18, 2015
Great company to work for until takeover by another company. Good products which help the environment but dangerous work environment for route salemen
decent job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
demanding hours-usually 60 plus; management is ok-just demanding as well as a hands-off approach; most of the drivers are too beat up to enjoy life.
Great Costumers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIMay 19, 2015
Overall the costumers where kind and friendly when we showed up to deliver their food and put it in the proper location. To make the deliveries we where given well kept equipment to make the deliveries. Also with each day they switched trucks around to gives us to know each truck.
Average food company
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free samples
Cons: Poor upper management
I would call on new and existing customers to collect orders and demonstrate new products. With new products we were able to keep menus fresh. We also delivered our own products through an Express delivery system.
I had an excellent career with this company.
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee), Kimberly, WIApril 23, 2015
Pros: Working out my home and car. Not much travel either. Great pay structure.
Cons: No cons. It was a great company to work for.
Until the last Division President was promoted I had a wonderful journey with this company. The pay scale was superb, the communications were excellent between the sales force and the management. I really enjoyed my 23 years with them.
A very nice place to work
National Accounts Contract Administration (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good place to work, not having to work on Saturdays
Cons: Lot of pressure at the end of the month when pricing was due
I learned how to implement contracts for hotels and how they ordered food. The management was great and I enjoyed working there.
Great Job, No advancement
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Innovation
Cons: Advancment
I developed my own territory and developed relationship with key individuals. Learned to customize strategies for each customers. Management gave tools to serve my customers in an efficient way. My co-workers worked as a team to serve our customers in a professional manner. Products under special ordering such as equipment had a difficult processing structure. I enjoyed consulting with customers and assist them in their success.
Great Business Learning Expierience
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Alttona / GreensburgMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: lots of window time
GREAT BROADLINER TO WORK FOR. ACCOUNTABLITY IS GOOD IN ANY BUSINESS ,THEY WORK THERE PALN AND LAN THERE WORK. GREAT CEO AND V.P. TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT IS AWESOME AS WELL
Excellent Company and great people
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 4, 2015
I was a territory manager catering to independent restaurants. I enjoyed the interaction with the owner/operators. The independence that was afforded to me was enjoyable as I was free to plan my time to best take care of my clients.
Incredible Management.
Healthcare and Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for US Foods. I was able to utilize my knowledge and skills and at the same time learn new aspects of business. Management was always helpful and a outstanding example of how a business should be run.
Disorganized
Local Delivery & Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Fife, WAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: too many to count, consistently poor management, 5 vp of operations in 4 years.
They made the same mistakes week after week, month after month. The skids were picked anyway the pickers wanted. It did not matter if stop 2 was under stops 3,4,5,6,7,or 8. It did not matter to management. As long as it got on the truck it was now the drivers problem.
Productive But tough place to work
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee), West Seneca, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good pay, great 401k
Cons: push for faster and more deliveries, stress
Very hard work,pays well but you earn every penny,at the end of the day your body is totally spent,you learn Patients,because dealing with management,and unruly customers
is a challenge.Co-workers are the greatest guys to work with when you have a bad delivery day they will come out to help you.The hardest part of this job is the tole it takes on your body!The most enjoyable Part of this job is pay-day!
Hurts Families and Loyal Employees of over 10 years.
Driver (Former Employee), WixomJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: friends
Cons: lying harassing management, horrible money wasting routing, no real support from hr or union when being harassed.
This place is corrupt, if you want stability...do not work here. Management is sneaky and will lie to do anything they want with you. They are slimeballs. I personally have a family and don't have time for games and bs so the dedication and hard work I have shown US Foods has meant nothing and oh well I must suck it up and move on for my family. They act like they care about employees and families when in reality they only care about bottom lines and who kisses whose butt. Hopefully Sysco will rid US Wixom of the terrible management when the acquisition is completely done. I have a soul and could never be as spineless as the hr and management I have worked with.
I really enjoyed my job at US Foods.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJanuary 27, 2015
I had the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people at this job. I liked the diversity.
ok place to work
Customer Service Problem (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 24, 2015
Great Place to work
Learned alot about the Food Industry
Managers are awesome
Pay is great
looking for a fast paced sales growth opportunity with room for advancement
Sexton (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2015
· Expert professional in business development
· Strong planner and executor of business strategies
· Master in developing new market channels
· Excellent salesmanship and ability to close a deal
· In-depth knowledge of the food industry
· Understanding of nutrition and the basic benefits or dangers of specific foods
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Available to travel when necessary and work nights or weekends if needed
· Exceptional mathematics skills need to perform calculations and give estimates.
· Ability to manage pricing and monitor credit term compliance.
· Successful working in a team environment as well as independently
· Thorough in all accounting paperwork and recordkeeping
· Committed to exceeding sal