US Foods Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Night Selector (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN22 October 2017
Good job with great pay and benefits, the other workers can be A bit impatient with new hires at times but are otherwise nice and helpful. Performance is measured in percentages.
Pros
High pay, great benefits, frequent bonuses for good performance
Cons
The other workers can be impatient with new hires which adds pressure, over night shifts make it tough to schedule time with family, don't get home until 4am almost every night
Used to be a great place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA19 October 2017
Every day has challenges, unfortunately the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, due to growing pains. If you like to work 7 days a week, this is the job for you.
Benefits
Cons
No life balance
A wonderful company
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 October 2017
Great environment , great people, fair in pay and respect of where you would like to be placed and most importantly that I feel was great the people in higher places make it a weekly thing to come down and meet and greet with the warehouse workers and know us all by name.
Good company to work for!
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA18 October 2017
A good company to work for. Pretty cool warehouse job, they have nice raises and benefits. Its a fast pace environment but fun. Ok management and potential growth.
Long shifts poor worklife balance
Night Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH18 October 2017
Very long work hours contribute to poor work life Balance. Productivity standards are challenging but obtainable. Poor cooperation between department. Pay and Benefits arevery compentative.
Great company to work for and with.
On-Line Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL18 October 2017
The best part of my job was two days were seldom alike. During my career I reported to the VP of Sales, the National Accounts VP, and started in IT as a keypunch operator. My typical day in the office was
running reports, fielding calls from customers, or rolling out a new version of one of our programs. I was very seldom in the office due to business trips to train customers from the panhandle of Florida to the top of Alabama. My managers allowed me to schedule my own trips unless there was something special happening. Assisting other divisions with their customer training and presentations was also a learning experience.
I was lucky enough to have a position that provided an atmosphere to learn from each other, and when training customers, I always learned something. They shared their new operating system or taught me some new way to do something. The programs US. Foods had helped our customers to be more efficient and profitable in their facility, whether it was a healthcare, a school, or a white tablecloth restaurant.
The hardest part of the job was trying to schedule customers in the same area and judging the time it would take to train. Everyone learns at a different pace.
My favorite part of the job was having the privilege to meet so many people.
Pros
Food Shows with all the vendors and customers.
Cons
Restructuring caused my job to dissolve, but I was retirement age.
Everyone was treated like family
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN17 October 2017
Very nice place to work at it was like family. On lunch they cook and food was half price, not mention the food was great in tasting. Every things was charm everyone I work with and people I serve as their rep.
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation
Cons
Hated I had to leave
you'll need to take antidepressants
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PA17 October 2017
everything about this job is no good. EVERYTHING!!!! well you do get a paycheck once a week. that's the only thing good. It's no wonder they are always hiring.
Pros
ummm, well, there isnt any
Cons
management, working conditions, wont listen to new ideas
Productive and fast-paced
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Fishers, IN16 October 2017
US Foods is an excellent company with great benefits. It is an honor to work for such an extravagant company. The hours that are put into working these jobs vary from 40-60. The pay and benefits are commendable and the staff are very supportive.
Pros
Excellent pay, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Fast pace environment always thinking of sa to grow and try givin me a chancefety
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI15 October 2017
Arrive 30 minutes early change into work gear put had set on and look over bills for the night and begin selecting orders. Working for US has given me a chance to grow and learn more.
Pros
Get to watch ESPN on lunch
Cons
sometimes I have to work through breaks
Busy
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CT15 October 2017
driving your route, making between 14--21 stops depending on which day it was. they did train me in house for my CDL-A. .
The equipment was Good. Seeing All my customers.
Pros
Learned to drive TTs.
Cons
Always hd to Double check your check.
Temporary Position
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NC 2759713 October 2017
Temporary Position- I was only there a short time. I was commuting from Rocky Mount to Zebulon. The compensation was not inline with the cost of my commute
work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, IL 6010613 October 2017
Early start with long days of work benefits are great . management need a little bit of work. The hardest park was getting use to late nights and early mornings
warehouse
DAY WAREHOUSE/ FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FL13 October 2017
Be careful working here. Your day consist of starting at 6am but you work until all freight is off the floor. This means you can work between 9-12 hours a day. You also don't get holidays off unless you use your own personal time. Thanksgiving day and Christmas day are the only holidays off. You also work a rotating schedule for Saturdays. This consist of 3 teams that have to work 4 consecutive Saturdays in a row.
Pros
start time/ free lunch sometimes/ insurance
Cons
saturdays/ no set hours of work/ no holidays off
Good Money
Warehouse Worker forklift (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA12 October 2017
US Foods is friendly and professionally. Your fellow employees will feel like your family. You will see them more than your family but they are all cool and genuine people. They will challenge you to get your work done and together time will pass by pretty quickly. As long as you do your job to the best of your ability they'll reward you.
Pros
They feed you occasionally
Cons
Sometimes the managers don't know what their talking about.
stressful work enviroment, daily pressures and quotas.
Division - Remote Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC11 October 2017
very tough job for the entry level person. much purchasing experience is needed to succeed. managers are allways willing to help you thru tough situations.
Review
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN10 October 2017
Worked for this company for almost 14 yrs. Very solid comapny, great culture but since we went public, too many initiatives to keep up with. I feel I have no time to actually sell anymore.
Plenty of work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 October 2017
Transition period, they want to go on line with customers. Loosing the human factor. Many products need to be special ordered, not in stock and available to customers for next day ship.
Great company for food passionate people
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 October 2017
National foodservice distributor having a focus on quality. Distributing to every facet of foodservice from small independent operations to large multi-managed corporations. The work environment is professional, but not rigid.
Pros
Great benefits, advancements are available
Cons
Foodservice is never ending work in any capacity
Night Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI10 October 2017
If it wasn't for the shift that I was working, I would not be looking for something else. I have very little work/life balance on my shift, with no prospect to move to my desired shift any time soon. But the job itself is great, with great salary and benefits.
Pros
Salary, benefits, work environment
Cons
Shift, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.