US Foods Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,173 reviews
overview
Transportation Specialist delivery (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FL24 June 2017
fast paced great co-workers different challenge everyday able to be home every night good benefits able to express concerns about routes and customer needs
Pros
pay
Cons
slow summer schedule
Wonderful Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA22 June 2017
Enjoyable work environment, Clients are a please to work with. The company really takes care of their employees physically, mentally, and financially.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, great people
Cons
Weird organization with insecure management (most)
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK22 June 2017
Everybody does everything so nobody is good or great at anything. Great example of mediocrity as the standard of operations. Understaffed constantly with high turnover. The clients were friendly but frustrated about out of stock items. This was do to poor scheduling, misguided priorities, and poor communication. Could be a great operation with a more modern approach to leadership and team building.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Great place to work, small friendly atmosphere
NATIONAL ACCOUNT CHAIN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scranton, Pa22 June 2017
typical work day can be intense at times, you need to be able to work well under pressure and work in both a team environment as well as independently
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
Didn't value the person as much as they should
The most respected manufacturer/distributor in the industry
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CA22 June 2017
The hardest part of the job: keeping pace with the sales growth
The most enjoyable part of the job: working in an environment where every team member was focused on delivering unparalleled customer service
Pros
Benefits, compensation, workplace culture
Cons
Multiple acquisitions
Okay if you dont mind being on call
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY21 June 2017
New drivers are put on call.....they only guarantee 30 hours a week
hard to make any plans not knowing if you are working until 7pm the night before or even the day of
Pros
great health care
Cons
physical labor
Loved this job
District Sales (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VA20 June 2017
Worked in the field and could work from home if need be! Great bunch of fellow employees! This was an exciting job and I was able to grow my knowledge of food from some of the areas greatest chefs!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
No cell phone assistence
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX20 June 2017
I honestly cannot say anything good for this company my manager did everything to get me fired instead of helping me advance in the company for personal reasons.
Productive high paced job with fair pay for the amount of work you have to do
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS20 June 2017
The job was good exercise daily
Great pay
Good benefits
great coworkers
You learn how to drive a triple pallet jack like a professional.
The management part of the job was probably my least favorite just because of how much it changed
management
Associate Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL18 June 2017
work experience all depended on the manager whom you report to, unfortunately there are a few managers who did not know the first thing about managing people. They are good with their work but could not manage people. Some think small and are not true leaders.
Rewarding
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA16 June 2017
Working in the food service distribution business is a challenging profession. Organizational skills, stress management, excellent communication skills, and the ability to compose definitive proposals. You must have the ability to overcome objections and tenacity to continue to persist and secure new accounts and new product lines in each existing accounts.
Pros
Rewards and Promotions
Cons
On Call 24/7
Constantly changing directions
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL14 June 2017
There is no stable environment. Company management always changing something including company vision, working environments, resources. In 11 years IT department moved 5-6 times to different locations, Each team is using its own software, there is no standards. They want us to do the advanced development on outdated hardware, operation systems and software. Since went public company already layed off 10% of employees and another 10% force reduction will be in December 2017. Last menagement directive is to move everyone from cubicals to the plain tables, sit next to each other to save space and feet more people on the floor. There is no privacy any more.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No privacy, confusion
Negative environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA14 June 2017
Management staff is very negative towards associates. Managers believe all salary staff work 14+ hours regardless if your work is finished or not. Company does not train you, the follow a sink or swim mentality.
Pros
Cons
Eveything bad
Lack of communication with in company.
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI13 June 2017
The job itself is good. The lack of communication between workers and management does make it a challenge. Pay and benefits are good. There is ample time off between scheduled days off, vacation and personal days.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Lack of communication and accountability.
Typical Workday
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA11 June 2017
A typical work day includes unloading trailer and dealing with customers. I learn that you treat customers the way you want to be treated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interacting with the customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
heavy lifting
Busy is the Word
Area Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CA10 June 2017
A typical day for me is providing exemplary service to my team. Manage the customer incentives and contracts from beginning to completion. Ensure pricing is set in a timely manner so little disturbance to our customers. Keeping the team aware of the status of their requests and expected completion.

Our culture is pleasant, we have mutual respect for our coworkers and daily strive to do our best. Each keeping our eye on the Company/Division goal to be the best in the industry.

At this time, the most frustrating part of the job is keeping up with all the changes we as a Corporation are going through. And the most enjoyable part is knowing that I made a difference. That through my hard work and dedication I am able to assist our Sales team in providing the best service possible that our customers can experience.

What I've learned is that hard work does pay off. Through perseverance I have learned difficult tasks and excelled at them. Also learned that I enjoy training and teaching others how to use Excel and other various programs. That I really enjoy working in Microsoft Excel, creating Pivot tables, charts and reports that can be used by Management to get a pulse on where we are at as a company. By this, I've learned that I am a strong contributor to the company and thoroughly enjoy being a part of the team.
Pros
Work with wonderful people
Cons
Some long days
Got free Padre tickets, and breakfast donuts
Delivery Driver Lead (Former Employee) –  Vista, CA10 June 2017
Typical day was putting pallets on truck, mapping out route, dropping off product and returning to the yard. Re-loading and doing it again. I learned how to map out without a map. Management was outstanding. Culture was good. Hardest part of job was you never when you were going to get off. Most enjoyable part was the pay and benefits.
Pros
Totally free health benefits
Cons
Inconsistent hours
stress everyone out and throw people under the bus
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN8 June 2017
I started working for this company in September 2015 as a temporary employee. I have now been there for almost 2 years and want out. The stress of the job of a collections assistant is a given, but for the last few months we have been over the top. Most companies I have worked for have the sales people release orders. In this position it is up to the collections assistants to release orders and apply all incoming checks. In addition, you have to send weekly statements to all customers, make collections calls, and send final demands for payment. Other employees find it necessary to make up stories to get others in trouble with management and make themselves look good. If a mistake is made they won't take responsibility and will attempt to lie their way out of it. There is no talking in our department unless it has to do with business and we can be called on the carpet even in those cases.
Pros
Excellent sales staff and customer service though the are also stressed.
Cons
Healthcare ins. is not the best, low pay for the work, stress
fun worksplace
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC7 June 2017
a most enjoyable place to work where our hard work was rewarded with constant praise from our supervisor. i did a lot of traveling and overall the people i worked with were hard workers and fun to work with.
Chance to make money but thats it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJ7 June 2017
The only good thing about this job is the chance to make money, thats it. They treat their warehouse workers terrible. The union is 1 of the worst that i know of, if even considered a union. The union's motto is "just sign off on your discipline sheets regardless if warranted or not" and we will fight it later down the road. Never question the buisness agent about where the dues go!! The company disolves positions whenever they want without a fight from the union. Majority of the supervisors are former employees who couldn't pick enough pieces per hour and made supervisors who then turn around and try to tell the pickers how it should be done.
Pros
The pay and the co-workers
Cons
Everything except the pay and co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.