US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Vendor Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ14 January 2017
I enjoyed my time with Day And Zimmermann/Yoh Company. I enjoyed the people, the supervisors and managers. I enjoyed the environment. I enjoyed the flexible schedule, the ability to advance and the ability to speak freely. The hardest part of the job was being overlooked for advancement for someone who didn't know the job as well as me but had experience in an area that I did not. Other than that it was a great place to work.
dont waste your time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJ14 January 2017
great money but that's it management was bad didn't know anything old out of date equipment just get prouct off truck routing was bad then let you go right before your probation is up an bring in the next crew of people don't waste your time here
Pros
money
Cons
management was bad
Fantastice Place to work at
Account Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL13 January 2017
Started as and Account Food Sales representative. Where I visited 10 to 15 restuarants per day. Took food order for them and submitted it to the company via lab top computer. Was promoted to Account Manager Assistant for all Major Hospital, from Miami to Boca Raton, FL. Visited about 5 hospital per day to do food tastings and food ordering.
Pros
Great place to work. Family oriented
Cons
very fast place work atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fife, WA12 January 2017
loved working there. worked well with team members that where very organized and goal orientated i really appreciated working there was very busy on the dock.
Great Company Exhausting Micro Managing
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 January 2017
US Foods has great benefits for its customers and employees, the best medical insurance coverage I have ever had. With all jobs it has its pros and cons.
Work/Life Balance Best Feature
CSC - EXECUTIVE ASST TO VP SALES (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MS11 January 2017
My position was involved across all departments. Most of my work was JIT. While the graphic design side of my job was mostly a 'project' that could last a few days or weeks, the reporting side was 'as needed'. There were daily, weekly, and monthly reports and summaries ongoing. Hardest part of my job was deciding to leave. I enjoyed everything about my job. I interacted with sales reps and customers. I enjoy serving and assisting.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Imbalance of work
Growing company. Enjoyable place to work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC11 January 2017
Training on new computer system. I learned a lot about the food industry and computer systems. Management was great very supportive. Worked with a great group of people. Training getting up in front of people was most challenging. The opportunity to advance and grow with the company. Enjoyed the environment and structure of the company.
Pros
Large company, health benefits.
Cons
stability
Overall positive environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL10 January 2017
Overall good experience, good/hardworking people and learned a lot to take to a future career or job. Constantly evolving and incorporating change in diverse environment.
Pros
work with good people
Decent pay
Night Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA9 January 2017
They pay very well and have some nice perks (employee purchasing opportunities; meals, etc) but the culture and work itself is quite depressing. Your day could be 6 hours or 12+ hours... depending on the orders and how many ppl show up that day. This can makes things difficult if you have young kids and getting them up for school the next day, as everyone here works night shift to start.
Everything is seniority based, so if you want to move up due to merit or work ethic this is not the place for you. They do not treat people particularly well due to high turnover and the good pay is used as leverage against employees who have complaints.
The number of workers who get hurt here is staggering (albeit, some may be embellishing). For years there have been up to 25% of the night shift staff out hurt.
I wouldn't recommend working here as a career. I would recommend it for someone who strictly wants a good paycheck and is young and in great shape. If you can put in 20 years here, you might get a chance to move up to day shift after everyone retires ahead of you.
Pros
Pay, meals, purchasing opportunities
Cons
Culture, environment, low morale
Productive work place
Sales Territory Director (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ9 January 2017
Worked like it was my own business. Loved the area and knew many of the business in the area, which help me be successful in my job. Love the job and all aspects.
Pros
Enjoyed meeting all Chefs
Cons
Health care
good money good benfits, no personal life.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN9 January 2017
pick orders of 20 to 300 cases, pick up 32,000lbs everyday worked 10-12 hours daily, learn OSHA regulations, hazard, materials, learn how to operate a fork lift and a 3 pallet jack, all the co workers are really hard to work with since its a pretty stressful job, great benefits good money.
Pros
good money good benefits.
Cons
no personal life.
Sad to see a company go down hill so fast!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO7 January 2017
A very toxic work environment! You are just a number here. You don't get paid for the job you do....You get paid for the stupid you put up with!! Downsizing is going to kill them. It's all how much can we make for corporate! Run as fast as you can!!
Pros
Money's good because you put in so much overtime. stupid makes you money!
Cons
Horrible management, dangerous equipment. turnover rate is about 80%
A good place to work.
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TN6 January 2017
This company is dedicated to building its employee's skills and education. In doing so they often hire from with the company first. They have a centralized supply chain type approach to the industry and due to that some of the more executive positions are at or around the headquarters areas of Phoenix and Chicago.
Familia Dental
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  3606 19th Lubbock texas 794135 January 2017
Daily Marketing to surrounding area of Lubbock. Bringing in new customers and patients to the company. Handle and question or concerns from potential patients.
See review below
Delivery driver cdl a (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJ5 January 2017
Great place to work after 13 years 2 month of service relocated to Florida for personal reasons and was denied a transfer to Tampa division in which they are hiring and also denied unemployment was safe and courteous
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Management need to be more fair to everyone equally
Good management and work group.
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TN4 January 2017
My work group was a very good group and well organized. We worked well with other departments. Always willing to do whatever it takes to get the job completed.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
On call 24/7 for recalls.
Nice pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH4 January 2017
Worked here for over 19 years. They pay well so it is hard to leave. Management doesn't have a clue what happens in the warehouse. Corporate likes to dictate what products we need and we have to take them whether we need it or not. Warehouse is almost full but corporate doesn't care. Complete lack of discipline from employees since no one is ever written up. Morale is at an all time low, but management/corporate don't care.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, poor leadership, lack of communication
Good company
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  SF Division3 January 2017
This is a good company to work for. Big enough to be able to make a good living and friendly enough in culture to have a feel of a smaller, private company. Definitely would like to transfer if there's an opening.
Pros
Wages, benefits, good atmosphere
Cons
Occasionally size of company thwarts input from employees
Going through downsizing
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL3 January 2017
Company recently went public, lots of changes that long-time employees seem to not know how to deal with, large organization for what they do, many verticals and difficult to accomplish things outside of your own vertical.
Fun enviroment
Night Selector (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SC3 January 2017
Us food is a good paying job, good benefits, the management is very good and helpful at all times, its very tiring, but its an good job if you like to excercise