US Foods Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,249 reviews
Hard Job, Good Money
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TX15 August 2017
Being a Territory Manager is a demanding position. You are required to do a lot of paper work. I really enjoyed bringing on new customers, and helping existing customer solve menu problems.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Hard to balance work, and family
Would still be there
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 August 2017
I chose to take an early job release due to the relocation of the center. Very good company to work for and is a strong viable company.

If they had not moved the distribution center I would still be there
Challenging work environment
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver,CO13 August 2017
for the most part good people to work with. the Union can be a hassle to deal with since the contract is very vague and subject to interpretation. management just wants to get the job done while the union finds ways to prevent it.
Pros
good leadership and staff in most departments
Cons
union, young people with wrong mindset for work environment
It's a job not a career!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North Carolina11 August 2017
If you need to put food on the table & a roof over your head it's great company. If you like the post office you will love it here. If you are looking for a career keep looking.
Pros
Some great people.
Cons
Rat in a cage.
IT: Start high, or brown nose your way up
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ11 August 2017
No path to grow unless you suck up to management hard. - IT
Graded on future potential, not current work efforts. - IT
50+ hour work weeks make future potential growth a difficult task. - IT
Jr Techs given the responsibilities of Sr techs, without the compensation or recognition to account for that. - IT
I am sure the Sales Staff has a different experience, but the IT side of things is strained and difficult, and has been since I started.
Nice place to work.
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 August 2017
Nice place to work. The co workers were easy to work with along with management. Working with truck drivers at times could be difficult. Overall a great place to work.
great pay, room for advancement
Territory Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 181099 August 2017
Worked there for 2 and a half years as a territory manager and loved it. The only reason I left was due to the possible sysco buyout and merger so there wasn't much job security at the time.
Pros
great pay, nice people on my team
Cons
no job security at the time I was there
Good people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manassas Va.9 August 2017
Great place to work..better suited for younger people....good equipment...good benefits...flexibility for pto....great place to work for a truck driver but the job is very physical.
Very productive
Selector (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FL9 August 2017
A typical day at work was getting case count for the night and pulling your batches and trying to beat the time given for that specific assignment....
Sales Runs the World
Office Grunt (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NY8 August 2017
No accountability depending on your role. Good employees get extra worked dumped on them, bad employees get to skate by. The sales team do and say whatever they want with no consequence. My current manager is fantastic, it's the only reason I'm still here. Executive staff leaves a lot to be desired. They have no money to give decent raises but shell out thousands of dollars at a rip for the sales team.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Workload, pay, culture
Great place - my boss was a poor leader
Category Manager / Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA7 August 2017
I liked most everything about US Foods and even Sysco loved what we were innovating. Good pay - nice culture in the office, y direct boss was the problem. He has been removed but it was too late in my view as many good employees went other departments to get away from this manager. overall i would recommend US Foods as a steady place not much growth unless you know someone.
Pros
good pay - steady work
Cons
Poor management
warehouse selector
WAREHOUSE SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM6 August 2017
work day was busy, I learned that in this industry you have to be productive and that the numbers are more important than a excellent employee. Managed my workload to my best of my ability. Workplace culture is mostly men. The hardest thing about my job was trying to keep up my quota for the night. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a full workout.
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA6 August 2017
hard working job. very physical and tense. some days you can work long hours and other are short hours. you have to get use to working in warm climate to freezing climates.
Sales
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL5 August 2017
Worked very hard in the feild. I had a great support team to help me build my sales route. I loved winning sales trips. They are a great company to work for.
Pros
Learing about food and sales
Cons
if there was a mis pick or shortage on an order
It was a good work environment
Customer Service Rep/Date Entry (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL3 August 2017
I loved the people that I worked with and I loved my job. The only down side is there is not a stable work environment there due to layoffs from the company.
Pros
Pay was excellant
Cons
Management needs improvement
Fun workplace, not a good job work life balance.
Night Selector (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OH2 August 2017
I had a good time working for US Foods. The work was competitive and fun. Great benefits and great managing. The only problem I had was the workload was big for each and every working and the expectations of new employees was higher then I have ever seen before.
You'll be driving in circles most of the day.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NY2 August 2017
Management doesn't care about your problems. Do as your told or your written up. Everything goes by seniority low man is dirt. They want the job done but don't go over on hours. Don't get pulled over by DOT. And moving violations are yours to pay.
Pros
None . But its a union job
Cons
Its hard work up and down the stairs with a hand truck.
Good paying Teamster's Union job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA1 August 2017
Good paing Teamster's Union job. Hard work, plenty of hours,good pay, but management is less than desirable. Heavy work can take a toll on your body. Many workers show signs of the hard labor.
Pros
Good pay lots of hours
Cons
Mangament works against employee work can take a toll on your body.
great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA1 August 2017
long hours all the overtime u can take , they took care of their employees, i would recommend anybody to apply,well organized a place u can build a life
Pros
lot of perks
Cons
na
competitive
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY31 July 2017
Nice place to work at; uncertainty of job security. Good products, shipped products in a timely manner; product costs were competitive and was allowed samples for my clients.
Pros
extensive training
Cons
high mileage on personal car with no car allowance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.