US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

Clean working invirmen ,
diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA4 December 2016
Overall good place to work , good benificts ,nice people , nice Shop, had all the parts and tools you needed , office people were friendly and helpful,
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Working night shift
Had a cafeteria
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ2 December 2016
Didn't enjoy this company. The accounting department was very more so like a call center based experience. Management was always at edge with each other and hence brought bickering amongst themselves constantly. Atmosphere was very pins and needles with management. Many employees were not happy there. Many complaints from employees regarding management. Very much so on the clock and constantly micromanaged.
Great Place to Work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 December 2016
I've been with the company over 4 years and there's really not a bad thing I can say about the company. From top to bottom, management is stellar and very professional. The products, services and technology are top notch and unmatched in the industry. I would highly recommend working for US Foods to anyone looking to get in to the industry. Great balance between personal and professional lifestyle.
No life if you work for this company. MONEY MONEY MONEY!
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS1 December 2016
This isnt a bad company to work for IF you don't have a family. This is more of a single persons job. The pay is great. While working here they were going through management changes and from what I have been told they are going through it again. It was like working in a high school. There was so much drama and rumors. The job itself is very demanding. While I was there I was working 10-12 hour days 5-6 days a week. They pay is good though after working all of those long hours. Turn over rate is INSANE!!!
Productive & goal oriented company to work for
Senior Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR1 December 2016
Productive & goal oriented company to work for. Great management, & co-workers. I learned a wealth of knowledge about the world of purchasing and contract management.
Non productive
Selector (Former Employee) –  Port Orange30 November 2016
After interviewing for the job I realized I was the wrong color. They only hire people far less qualified that way the boss always looks good. It's job security for management to keep the door revoling.
Great company to work for.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN29 November 2016
Good company, great associates, and a great place to work. Memphis location went through a major transition with expansion and consolidation during my tenure and all supervisory staff from other location was offered relocation.
Pros
Great company with great benefits.
Cons
Politics
What I learned
Regional Director of Facility Management (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL29 November 2016
I know that I have a lot to learn each new position allows me to be exposed to new things and opportunities to learn from. It is my choice to see things as a new learning experience or something to be annoyed about.
Great people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CT28 November 2016
A good place to work although very physical heavy delivery work. In season work days are very long and start very early in the morning. The pay is great but you sure work for it.
Cubicle work enviorment
Logistics Analyst-Contracted (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL27 November 2016
Tracked and traced large amounts of truck loads to ensure on time delivery. Required a lot of computer and phone time. I had to train and count on many people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low job security
Good Compensation for Hard Work
Night Sele (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA27 November 2016
Jobs like this are hard to come by with regard to compensation. On the flip side this job will take a toll on your body. Some of the slots you pick from are only a couple feet off the ground and you will have to crawl to pick something that may way 35-50 Lbs. Other times the slot may be 5 feet off the ground and the only way possible to grab the item is to climb. They preach safety, but under these circumstances it is only preached because you are not paid to be safe. You are paid to be productive. There is no way to do this job for years and not have back pain. Nonetheless, I know that some selectors make $70,000 per year. I would say the average selector makes $45-50K. Pretty much everyone is overworked and irritated. Management seems to care and somehow seems like they are not doing enough.
Pros
Compensation, Weekends off
Cons
10 hr days, night shift, poor working conditions
Run! Run fast and don't look back.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN23 November 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for! This may be solely associated with the warehouse I work out of, but there seems to be a common theme across the board. I was told I would be working either 4-10hr days or 5-8hr days during my interview. Management failed to exclaim that on your "days off" you will be forced a route and have to work, making it a 6 day work week at 12-14hrs per day. All they care about is that you get your 10 hours off and you show up, to the minute, when that time has elapsed. If you have a family or value your sanity, don't work here....it's a joke!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Deception, hours, routes, extended probationary period, etc.
Fun but hard on the body
Night warehouse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK16 November 2016
This job is very physically demanding. The faster you work the more money. Pays well and it is a fun environment. The management is easy going at times. The nights are long.
Angered Ex-Employee
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PA15 November 2016
Enjoyed working here prior to being terminated because of a no call no show due to incarceration even though I notified my supervisor the night of my incarceration...all my acquired vacation and holiday pay was taken without even being discussed of the nature of my termination. I feel I was wrongfully terminated without even being given a chance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Excessive Work
No work/life balance
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LA15 November 2016
Absolutely no work/life balance. Work at least 6 days a week and late every night. management provides no assistance outside of main office area.
Pros
Can be fun at times.
Cons
No help for outlying territorymanagers.
Great Company to work for
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL15 November 2016
Work environment was fair and inclusive. All employees were treated fairly and equally. Management kept all employees apprised of the company's business to include customers and upcoming events.
Pros
Employee Purchases of Food Items
Cons
Accountability of employees
Was a great company, now just a good company
Inside Support (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA14 November 2016
Was a great company prior to going public. The pay and benefits are still good, but you are now just a number. Their reorganization efforts have left a lot of great people with years of experience out in the cold.
Too many changes too fast
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TN11 November 2016
Always busy, learning something new every day. Supportive co-workers who were willing to work together. I enjoyed my job at US Foods.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Morale
Good company to work for
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC11 November 2016
Good company to work for but going through lots of changes. First two years was great then I got new management which wasn't great.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Always on call
down sizing company
IT coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WV9 November 2016
Not a good review as the company is reorganizing after recently going public. REALLY LOOKING TO SELL AND THEIR HAS BEEN SEVERWL PEPOLE MISPLACED.