US Foods Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,022 reviews
Feeling my impact on many types of customers
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, IL17 February 2017
THe job at US Foods was different every day. Some days would start very early heading to see customers before dawn and others were spent in the office. I learned how to manage myself. The workplace culture was very supportive focusing on training and development. The hardest part of the job is that you are never really off the clock. In 11 years I only had one vacation that I didnt have to do any work. On the posative side is the flexability. You can work from anywhere.
Pros
Benfits, flexability, pay
Cons
Never being off
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA16 February 2017
Grab orders, select items, stack and organize items accordingly, load orders on truck. Very fast pace and dangerous. However the money and hours were good.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced and team work encouraged
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UT16 February 2017
I have learned the skills that make a good buyer. I have been encouraged to learn as many different aspects of the buyer position in order to advance. I have watched the management team change for the better.
Pros
Great team work with all departments
Cons
Can be over stressful at times
Overall good company
Logistics Load Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL16 February 2017
Overall this is a good comany to work for. Culture, people, pay, benifits good. However, can be stressfull at times due to always being short staff. Senior Leaders and Managment leadership is poor Managers are very disengaged.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
long hours, short staff
Business casual atmosphere, friendly co-workers
National Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL15 February 2017
I had opportunities to work with Credit Managers & Sales Reps across the country, and it was easy to establish positive working relationships with the people in the corporate office and other locations. However, I lost respect for the CEO when he announced right before the holidays that the company was restructuring and 10% of the workforce would be downsized, while at the same time saying that the company was doing well and preparing for future growth.
Cons
Advancement and self-improvement opportunities were very few & far between.
good company
Part time front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  twinsburg, ohio14 February 2017
I was the front desk receptionist. I was also the personal assistant to the CEO receptionist. I enjoyed working for this company and the work i did for them
Great Company great leadership.
Beverage & Chemical Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 February 2017
I had a great time working here. Very forward thinking company, with a great sales staff. Great at training their salesforce to improve their potential.
Pros
Always on the cutting edge of the food industry.
Cons
I can not think of any!
Product Sales and Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NC13 February 2017
very busy place, friendly environment. Good place to work. Management need to take anger management class.Employee's are not always heard need management to listen sometimes.
Great place for people new to the workforce
Sr. Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD12 February 2017
Great Management. Had fun hard working people to work with. Was fairly new to the workforce and was placed with senior people that really took the extra mile in helping me shape my career.
Racist Division, be careful
Selectir (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SC10 February 2017
If you are a person of color do not go there. Human Resources in on the discrimination. Benefits are good tho. Coworkers are good people for the most
Pros
Free food somtimes
Cons
Good old boy South Carolina mentality
Great working evniorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO9 February 2017
equipment inspection preshift meeting the safety topic distibution of orders and safe attention to detailed work of loading various foods fr vendors.
Very Competitive
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL8 February 2017
Good company, good structure. Lots of bonus potential for a go getter.

Big company, out of town trips for training as well as rewards
Skewed ideals
Lead Analyst, Client Technologies (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL6 February 2017
Generally good intentions, however perception on what employees do is often very far off the closer you get to the top. There are a number of leaders who treat employees with very little respect. The problem is some of them are within 2 levels of the top. Not very motivating if your leaders are rude or disrespectful people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
diminishing benefits, lack of career growth opportunities
Needs Help!!
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO5 February 2017
A day at the office usually contains of everyone needing your help.
But most importantly no manager or any sorts of boss even cares about what is going on,
Good pay. Lots of work. Poor management
Part Time Garage Helper (Former Employee) –  Streator, IL5 February 2017
Worked in the garage for 6-7 months part time. Management is very poor and very "cost effective" cut corner disregarding safety in many ways. And even forced me to stay later on an optional day causong ke to be late for a funeral..
Terrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AL3 February 2017
Worked short time in Decatur supervisor was awful was yelled at and cussed at numerous times while in training worked similar jobs for years never any problems was let go after scheduling doctors appointment and approved then called at 9 o'clock night before and told be at work or fired loads awful routes terrible good money but treated bad
Pros
Cons
Most of job
great group of people who come together in all departments to assist the customers needs
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcoa TN3 February 2017
Typical workday is 8-5, running daily inventory reports, compliance reports, handling truck issues. Everyone in the building works together when needed to assist customers satisfaction. Great group of people to work with.
Good pay, good crew just was few issues I had with upper management
Selector (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA2 February 2017
Pretty good job to have. Good pay work hours wasn't that long . Management tho would turn a blind eye to certain selectors breaking company policy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No short runner
Was like working for a cult
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI2 February 2017
This was one of the longest 3 and 1/2 years in my career as a food sales rep. The upper management there was unbelievable rude and nasty. You were just a number that was easily to be replaced.
Overall a good place to work.
Payroll Coordinator/Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KS31 January 2017
It would benefit the company to have more streamlined processes and SOPs. All operating divisions operate differently.