US Foods Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,105 reviews
Lies since day one
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ28 April 2017
If you apply for part time they give you like 60hrs a week. They want you to hit your productivity at least to 80 to 90 on your first week. They give new employees the worst equipment possible. You are racing against 40 other guys to meet your numbers, so insafe. Uniforms for the freezer they are in bad shape. Overall not worth the pay.
Accounting Team Assistant
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ27 April 2017
There was not much to do here. I had to often twiddle my thumbs as my supervisor did not have any extra work to give me. The only time I was busy was when supervisors were gone, and I covered for them.
A decent slice of Corporate America
Sr. Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL27 April 2017
Typical, huge corporate American company. Many layers of bureaucracy, old-school mentality.

Most co-workers are polite, if not quite "friendly".

Decent benefits, and good pay.
Innovators in products and process within Foodservice Distribution.
Region Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX26 April 2017
US Foods began a journey in 2012 to differentiate itself from its top competitors within the Foodservice Distribution industry. Leadership established a clearly defined culture around the company mission to become a great American food company. Introduction of innovative proprietary products and a new approach to sales and category management became the cornerstones of its strategy. Investment in information technology and marketing supported implementation and execution of these strategies. This created an exciting environment with opportunity for growth for associates both tenured and new to the organization.
No Comments
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN25 April 2017
Experience in creating sales reports, forecasting, tracking for sales support. Planning and implementation experience for marketing events such as local food and trade shows and available to travel to meet current and/or potential customers.
Very stressful workplace environment.
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK25 April 2017
Enjoyed working there for my first 2 years. Then the whole workplace culture changed. Very negative compared to what it had been. Many employees lost their jobs due to downsizing. Very stressful environment. Poor management.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Stressful work environment and poor management.
Not reccommended.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IA24 April 2017
A very impersonable place to work. The upper, some are huge liars and backstabbers. So glad not to work there anymore! Would not recommend this to anybody.You are just a number.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
Alot of it sucked.
Job preview
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO24 April 2017
Calling on potential and current customers to grow you territory. You have great quality of life as you set your own schedule. Hardest part of the job is cold calling and competing with other distributors in a burnt market.
Opportunity
Division President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA23 April 2017
After twenty five years at this company I learned all aspects of Sales and Distribution. Many companies were acquired which distracted the overall focus of the company.
Good productive enviorment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FL23 April 2017
Basically its no to different from my experience at Brace.
If you can't work in consistent weather changing environment or lift up to 50 pounds then its not for you. Overall its a good job.
Pros
Free food from restuarants
Cons
Customers orders being mixed up.
Incentive pay
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 April 2017
Very organized very small I feel that need to relocate way too much for eight and one spot it'd be jam-packed two one no one can get their orders in on time
Exciting place to work
Equipment and Supplies Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Garland, TX20 April 2017
No two days are the same, highs and lows. Positive work environment. Learned a great deal about food distribution. Relaxed dress code. A team environment.
Pros
Sample new food products
Cons
Sample new food products too often equals weight gain.
Friendly Work Invironment
Procurment Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ19 April 2017
It was friendly for the most part, busy, fast paced, never a dull moment. They where open to new ideas, and let you find better ways to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was when I offered to come in later to help another associate meet their daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a voice in how my job was managed and my work was appreciated. Communication was awesome.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
None really
Great Company
Produce Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Corona, CA19 April 2017
Great culture, great management. Highly enjoyed the people and environment. The company truly cares about it's employees and wants them to do great things.
Great people
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 April 2017
I really enjoyed the work. It was challenging and rewarding. Warehouse and transportation are a huge issue. Spent 25% of my time working to recover issues created by them.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Operations is spotty at delivering customer expectations
Not a good experience
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SC19 April 2017
The supervisors pick favorites and if you are not a favorite you are treated bad. They did not offer any benefits and is so they were not clearly explained.
Company in need of overhaul
Not Disclosed (Current Employee) –  California19 April 2017
This company needs to come into the present with Management. Very old school style. Technology tools are lacking for departments outside of Sales. Focus on quality working conditions is not a priority for this company. Centralization of work leaves development and opportunity for field offices low to non existent. Company is trying but field offices are resisting change. Culture ideas sound good but not executed well.
Good Company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL19 April 2017
I worked there for almost 8 years. This is a good company to work for they take care of there drivers and share time with them and there family, very family oriented.
Pros
Management and Compay Values, pay is very good
Cons
Long hours, very hard work sometimes time sencitive .
not a good one
Forklift Operator, Night Selector (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK19 April 2017
I don't have much to say about this company. They start off great then when you are there for a while they start to treat you unfairly on you like you are a rookie selector at anything you do there
Physically demanding
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS18 April 2017
My experience wasn't so good here. Very minimal training for a job like this. I learned almost everything the hard way. The worst part is the length of the shifts. They tell you it's 8 to 10 hour shifts but it's usually at least 10 hours. They don't give you very much time to do each order, so you must work very fast. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very physical, no recovery time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval